Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | BJDs and other dollies
1 2 ... 391 392 393 394 395 ... 421 422
I've always wanted a BJD for doing faceups on (my sights are currently set on a Hujoo Nano-Rabi or a Fallindoll Force if I can actually find one), but I think I'm going to ease into it by practicing on salvaged Monster High and Barbie dolls. I actually have a few and I'm excited to get started! I think I'm going to start with the couple of Barbies I have first though since they're less articulated and fun to play with. I'll care less if I mess them up, haha!

As a side note, does anybody know a good spray sealant that isn't death in a can like Mr. Super Clear? I know it's supposed to be god tier stuff, but I don't really have a good place to use something that toxic. (And it's kinda expensive...)

I've always wanted a BJD for doing faceups on (my sights are currently set on a Hujoo Nano-Rabi or a Fallindoll Force if I can actually find one), but I think I'm going to ease into it by practicing on salvaged Monster High and Barbie dolls. I actually have a few and I'm excited to get started! I think I'm going to start with the couple of Barbies I have first though since they're less articulated and fun to play with. I'll care less if I mess them up, haha!

As a side note, does anybody know a good spray sealant that isn't death in a can like Mr. Super Clear? I know it's supposed to be god tier stuff, but I don't really have a good place to use something that toxic. (And it's kinda expensive...)

@Kyto Thank you for saying so :D If you don't mind me saying so, I really like Sin's face. It's a shape I don't see often in BJD's and quite striking for that reason.

@CrimsonCatalyst Ah, I see what you mean now! The color difference in the hands especially is very noticeable in that picture, haha

Oh wow, Airi's adorable! She definitely does look tiny compared to your other dolls, but that's the size I was hoping to someday own when I first became interested in BJDs, so I think Ryuna will be perfect for me.

@Zepher You made yourself a dragon doll? That's really cool! As CrimsonCatalyst mentioned above me, I'm sure there would be interest in dragon BJDs in this thread, so feel free to post any pictures you might have. Not that you need my permission, of course.

@Harvestable Unfortunately, all spray-type substances are death in a can to me, even things like Febreze or Lysol, so I won't be much help in answering that. Whenever I'm using spray paint or sealant of any sort, I make sure I'm outside, upwind, and wearing a mask. But I'm also really sensitive to fumes, so I have to be extra cautious with those sorts of things.
@Kyto Thank you for saying so :D If you don't mind me saying so, I really like Sin's face. It's a shape I don't see often in BJD's and quite striking for that reason.

@CrimsonCatalyst Ah, I see what you mean now! The color difference in the hands especially is very noticeable in that picture, haha

Oh wow, Airi's adorable! She definitely does look tiny compared to your other dolls, but that's the size I was hoping to someday own when I first became interested in BJDs, so I think Ryuna will be perfect for me.

@Zepher You made yourself a dragon doll? That's really cool! As CrimsonCatalyst mentioned above me, I'm sure there would be interest in dragon BJDs in this thread, so feel free to post any pictures you might have. Not that you need my permission, of course.

@Harvestable Unfortunately, all spray-type substances are death in a can to me, even things like Febreze or Lysol, so I won't be much help in answering that. Whenever I'm using spray paint or sealant of any sort, I make sure I'm outside, upwind, and wearing a mask. But I'm also really sensitive to fumes, so I have to be extra cautious with those sorts of things.
Odn3PBL.png
@Harvestable
I definitely recommend using MSC, but if that's not a good option you should check out your local hobby store (I got MSC super cheap at mine) They can help you find whats just right for you.
Here's a website that can also help.http://www.nonaptime.com/2015/02/repaint-faq-sealant-alternatives/
I personally prefer spraying MSC outside and running away (I'm too lazy to use my mask, so don't do this)
@Harvestable
I definitely recommend using MSC, but if that's not a good option you should check out your local hobby store (I got MSC super cheap at mine) They can help you find whats just right for you.
Here's a website that can also help.http://www.nonaptime.com/2015/02/repaint-faq-sealant-alternatives/
I personally prefer spraying MSC outside and running away (I'm too lazy to use my mask, so don't do this)
db4tors-74b77e40-ccef-4a8e-9264-28caecc09a52.png
@CrimsonCatalyst
:> Thank You!~
Allen is a DFH Yehua Practive head
Liriel is a DFA Practice head (The one from acbjd.com)
Sin is a Luts 2014 Winter event head.

@radiant17
Yay~ Thanks. I really love thin faced dolls. :3
@CrimsonCatalyst
:> Thank You!~
Allen is a DFH Yehua Practive head
Liriel is a DFA Practice head (The one from acbjd.com)
Sin is a Luts 2014 Winter event head.

@radiant17
Yay~ Thanks. I really love thin faced dolls. :3
db4tors-74b77e40-ccef-4a8e-9264-28caecc09a52.png
Wow it's been a while sine I was last here! It's so nice to see everyone's dolls! Love the spam ^u^ I'm still too busy to have done anything with my guys, but I do have two boy since the last time I posted any pictures (which was about 10 pages ago now, oops). One is a Doll in Mind Laia head which has now taken over the Dollzone body that my Flower and Junior Yabi was on before (he's waiting it out in a box until my Doll Leaves body arrives!) And the other is a Resinsoul Song in light tan. They're both on the left~ Their outfits are both things I scrounged together from my Dollheart Fukubukuros so they're a little haphazard but they work for now! Here's a group pic I took a few weeks ago, apologies for all the blank and eyeless dolls, I still have no time for dolls except the odd outfit change u_u [img]https://i.gyazo.com/a91ebedc7e4de70e6212a6be50794480.png[/img] I really can't wait to get my DL order though (I've been waiting since the end of September cries, when they first shipped the order to my dealer they put the head -DL Teresa, probably selling- on a female body when I asked for a male one, so more waiting for me :'D) since my Yabi head can finally have a body again. I don't think I ever posted a picture of the outfit I put him in either, but I'm exited to have it out again because I thought it was really cute >w> [center][img]https://i.gyazo.com/c9d3d2ad10f0c26d8a9b4126bc4583a8.png[/img][/center] Ugh I can't wait until I'm finished with uni so I can finally work on dolls again ;u; I have so many faceups to do!
Wow it's been a while sine I was last here! It's so nice to see everyone's dolls! Love the spam ^u^

I'm still too busy to have done anything with my guys, but I do have two boy since the last time I posted any pictures (which was about 10 pages ago now, oops). One is a Doll in Mind Laia head which has now taken over the Dollzone body that my Flower and Junior Yabi was on before (he's waiting it out in a box until my Doll Leaves body arrives!) And the other is a Resinsoul Song in light tan. They're both on the left~ Their outfits are both things I scrounged together from my Dollheart Fukubukuros so they're a little haphazard but they work for now!

Here's a group pic I took a few weeks ago, apologies for all the blank and eyeless dolls, I still have no time for dolls except the odd outfit change u_u

a91ebedc7e4de70e6212a6be50794480.png

I really can't wait to get my DL order though (I've been waiting since the end of September cries, when they first shipped the order to my dealer they put the head -DL Teresa, probably selling- on a female body when I asked for a male one, so more waiting for me :'D) since my Yabi head can finally have a body again. I don't think I ever posted a picture of the outfit I put him in either, but I'm exited to have it out again because I thought it was really cute >w>
c9d3d2ad10f0c26d8a9b4126bc4583a8.png

Ugh I can't wait until I'm finished with uni so I can finally work on dolls again ;u; I have so many faceups to do!
art_shop_logo_resized_by_avianannihilator-daagnr2.pngnym_icon_size_by_avianannihilator-dcpufhw.pngudon_noodles_logo_by_avianannihilator-dbp3hgd.pngadopt_logo_by_avianannihilator-dbgvrdt.png
@avianAnnihilator I can certainly relate to the trials of uni getting in the way of doll endeavors. For me, it's going to likely be longer than I hoped before I can even buy one, since classes are expensive and my job no longer exists. Freelance and commissioned work is slow in coming, too, so that isn't going to be an immediate source of income I can put toward dolls. But the wait will be worth it in the end! With each passing day, I know more and more the Dreaming Doll Ryuna is the one for me :D

Speaking of which, I have a general question for the group at large. The doll I'm planning to get will need clothing and I figure that's something I can start piecing together while waiting for the chance to buy the doll herself. However, I'm unsure where the best places to find doll clothes that will fit her are. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm also considering making clothes myself, but that will be a risky endeavor, since I've never actually made doll clothes before.
@avianAnnihilator I can certainly relate to the trials of uni getting in the way of doll endeavors. For me, it's going to likely be longer than I hoped before I can even buy one, since classes are expensive and my job no longer exists. Freelance and commissioned work is slow in coming, too, so that isn't going to be an immediate source of income I can put toward dolls. But the wait will be worth it in the end! With each passing day, I know more and more the Dreaming Doll Ryuna is the one for me :D

Speaking of which, I have a general question for the group at large. The doll I'm planning to get will need clothing and I figure that's something I can start piecing together while waiting for the chance to buy the doll herself. However, I'm unsure where the best places to find doll clothes that will fit her are. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm also considering making clothes myself, but that will be a risky endeavor, since I've never actually made doll clothes before.
Odn3PBL.png
Does anyone know if the moving eye thing is exclusive to pullip dolls? I just think that's super cool oml

@crimsoncatalyst

That's funny! But yeah I don't think I'll ever get a boy doll, no idea why, I just have a strong preference I guess! Though, I can still appreciate all of you guys' beautiful men :o

@radiant17

lol i'm not so sure if I'll be any good at it either but i'm hoping that with enough practice i'll become pretty decent. Eyes are so hard to get perfect though. And drawing on a bumpy surface sounds scary o.o I will just continue to practice on cheap ponies for now, lol!
Does anyone know if the moving eye thing is exclusive to pullip dolls? I just think that's super cool oml

@crimsoncatalyst

That's funny! But yeah I don't think I'll ever get a boy doll, no idea why, I just have a strong preference I guess! Though, I can still appreciate all of you guys' beautiful men :o

@radiant17

lol i'm not so sure if I'll be any good at it either but i'm hoping that with enough practice i'll become pretty decent. Eyes are so hard to get perfect though. And drawing on a bumpy surface sounds scary o.o I will just continue to practice on cheap ponies for now, lol!
[s]I've been revived out of finding a bookmarked link from here whoop sorry anywhos y'all have rlly prtty fellas and asdfghjkl[/s] All that said and done I think I should probably give updates. I DID finally get a DD a few months ago off of Mandarake (V1 Akira for 20k yen. Couldn't go wrong and let me tell u she is the cutest little cinnamon rollllll augh Love her so much.) so here she is ([s]And if you don't from when I was still active you should follow my flickr to somewhat keep up[/s]): [url=https://flic.kr/p/Sc7D31][img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/563/32943615112_918ba52ae2.jpg[/img][/url] And I'm still chasing for another girl bc you can't have just one. This time might be a Saber (Just got into Fate/Stay and it's already killing my shelf space orz) or Mio bc she's such a cutie and Im@s is still a favorite of mine. Miku's kinda in there,[s] but atm it's more of whoever pops up lowest first.[/s] Oph's kinda been sitting in her box, unfortunately as I only have one thing of eye putty. I also got more figmas and such but I haven't really taken pics of those as of late... orz And I got a new camera so I can take better pics of my crew! whew Sorry for spam. Just figured I'd pop in and say ullo, yknow?
I've been revived out of finding a bookmarked link from here whoop sorry anywhos y'all have rlly prtty fellas and asdfghjkl

All that said and done I think I should probably give updates. I DID finally get a DD a few months ago off of Mandarake (V1 Akira for 20k yen. Couldn't go wrong and let me tell u she is the cutest little cinnamon rollllll augh Love her so much.) so here she is (And if you don't from when I was still active you should follow my flickr to somewhat keep up):

32943615112_918ba52ae2.jpg

And I'm still chasing for another girl bc you can't have just one. This time might be a Saber (Just got into Fate/Stay and it's already killing my shelf space orz) or Mio bc she's such a cutie and Im@s is still a favorite of mine. Miku's kinda in there, but atm it's more of whoever pops up lowest first. Oph's kinda been sitting in her box, unfortunately as I only have one thing of eye putty.

I also got more figmas and such but I haven't really taken pics of those as of late... orz And I got a new camera so I can take better pics of my crew!

whew Sorry for spam. Just figured I'd pop in and say ullo, yknow?
signature.jpg has stopped responding. Please refresh the page to view the file.
@Harvestable Ahh, that's a good idea, start on things that are a lot less of an issue to goof on!! I do know that buying "practice heads" is pretty common, but I'm not interested in doing my own faceups (i'm crap with a brush) so I've never done the research ;v;

@radiant17 Part of the color difference is just caused by our line green curtains! Despite that, though, Caspian's hands are indeed more yellow than the rest of him - and it stands out super starkly against Rowe.

Yessss, isn't she?? She's a much more reasonable size too ahaha;; Putting her next to Caspian is a bit of a deception for her size! I have one single monster high doll if you'd like to see them next to each other (she's a werewolf i couldnt help myself).
Honestly if you want any pictures of her with Things for size reference I'm happy to provide c: Lemme know what common objects you have and I can try to match them!

as far as your group question - You'll want to look for "MSD" sized clothes. The Little Elva has slightly larger breasts than some of the models you'll see (she's more of a mature/older-looking doll) but it looks like MSD stuff will fit her super well, if Marcy's skirt is anything to go by! If you want some websites I can provide a bunch of links if you like :>

In the meantime, scavenging things is totally viable lmao. I doubt you can get other brands of clothes to fit her (barbie, monster high, etc) but you might be able to steal some from mascot stuffed animals and the like.

@Kyto ahhhh neat!! You should totally shower us in more pictures, I love them all ovo

@avianAnnihilator hello!!! welcome back :D

aaaaaa, lookit all your cuties!! I love your new little redhead kiddo, they're super cute omg <3 those eaaars!!! And honestly I wouldn't have know those were scrounged outfits, they look very ell put-together anyway :D

oh no!! I'm sorry they goofed up the order :'D the Yabi's outfit is adorable, hopefully his body arrives soon ahh!!

I'm so glad I'm in a more lax major oml;;; Or I suppose I'm just bad at being diligent about my work lmao.

@Kenia153 Do you mean the eyes that follow you? because totally and it's actually the best thing. I actually just took a little video-thingy of Caspian doing just that yesterday. It's kinda garbage quality but it exists at least :'D I have another one too that's smoother, but in worse lighting.

@Disconnect
ahh hello!! I don't think I ever got the chance to meet you! Tbh the new subscription feature is a godsend lmao.

unfortunately i must admit i'm not the biggest fan of DDs myself (just not my thing), but she is very cute! I love her bow and the black accents on her blouse~

Truth, though; "just one" is not how it works ahahaha.

And no worries!! It's good to hear from everyone, and picturespam is always appreciated C:

Now that i've typed my essays - I'm gonna go sort through some pictures i took yesterday. I'll be back :3c This is me, i can't not be obnoxious about photospam.
@Harvestable Ahh, that's a good idea, start on things that are a lot less of an issue to goof on!! I do know that buying "practice heads" is pretty common, but I'm not interested in doing my own faceups (i'm crap with a brush) so I've never done the research ;v;

@radiant17 Part of the color difference is just caused by our line green curtains! Despite that, though, Caspian's hands are indeed more yellow than the rest of him - and it stands out super starkly against Rowe.

Yessss, isn't she?? She's a much more reasonable size too ahaha;; Putting her next to Caspian is a bit of a deception for her size! I have one single monster high doll if you'd like to see them next to each other (she's a werewolf i couldnt help myself).
Honestly if you want any pictures of her with Things for size reference I'm happy to provide c: Lemme know what common objects you have and I can try to match them!

as far as your group question - You'll want to look for "MSD" sized clothes. The Little Elva has slightly larger breasts than some of the models you'll see (she's more of a mature/older-looking doll) but it looks like MSD stuff will fit her super well, if Marcy's skirt is anything to go by! If you want some websites I can provide a bunch of links if you like :>

In the meantime, scavenging things is totally viable lmao. I doubt you can get other brands of clothes to fit her (barbie, monster high, etc) but you might be able to steal some from mascot stuffed animals and the like.

@Kyto ahhhh neat!! You should totally shower us in more pictures, I love them all ovo

@avianAnnihilator hello!!! welcome back :D

aaaaaa, lookit all your cuties!! I love your new little redhead kiddo, they're super cute omg <3 those eaaars!!! And honestly I wouldn't have know those were scrounged outfits, they look very ell put-together anyway :D

oh no!! I'm sorry they goofed up the order :'D the Yabi's outfit is adorable, hopefully his body arrives soon ahh!!

I'm so glad I'm in a more lax major oml;;; Or I suppose I'm just bad at being diligent about my work lmao.

@Kenia153 Do you mean the eyes that follow you? because totally and it's actually the best thing. I actually just took a little video-thingy of Caspian doing just that yesterday. It's kinda garbage quality but it exists at least :'D I have another one too that's smoother, but in worse lighting.

@Disconnect
ahh hello!! I don't think I ever got the chance to meet you! Tbh the new subscription feature is a godsend lmao.

unfortunately i must admit i'm not the biggest fan of DDs myself (just not my thing), but she is very cute! I love her bow and the black accents on her blouse~

Truth, though; "just one" is not how it works ahahaha.

And no worries!! It's good to hear from everyone, and picturespam is always appreciated C:

Now that i've typed my essays - I'm gonna go sort through some pictures i took yesterday. I'll be back :3c This is me, i can't not be obnoxious about photospam.
jsj7i0F.png

GXksSMR.png

jsj7i0F.png

Rq86m6N.png

5YkumXU.png
give me the stupid birds

8yJJEur.pngVZGtQue.png8KQXC3X.pngL2fmqQ8.pngwC1KtX9.png6H6WBlh.png

@CrimsonCatalyst Oh, how big is Caspian, then? I don't think I've ever read you mentioning that.

Thank you for the offer! Size comparison photos would be a big help, actually. As for commonplace items I have around the house... There's a lot of books, a mantel clock (not that I expect anyone else to have one of those), a Nintendo 3DS which is roughly the size of a smartphone, more books, books again, a lot of fancy pens, a mid-sized tea kettle, various cooking utensils...

Good clothing website links would be a big help, if you don't mind. I had looked at a few pieces of MSD clothes before, but I wasn't sure if I needed to match the specific measurements for her or not. Oh, and when I said scavenging for clothes, I meant less repurposing other doll clothes to go on her and more digging around in my craft pile for fabric I might be able to make into something halfway decent for her, haha

I do still want to try making a fancy dress for her someday, though, whether I buy her clothes or decide to go completely hand-made.

@Kenia153 Practice makes perfect, as they say. I'm sure that if you put in enough effort, you'll become great at face-ups :) Good idea about practicing on the ponies for the time being, though.
@CrimsonCatalyst Oh, how big is Caspian, then? I don't think I've ever read you mentioning that.

Thank you for the offer! Size comparison photos would be a big help, actually. As for commonplace items I have around the house... There's a lot of books, a mantel clock (not that I expect anyone else to have one of those), a Nintendo 3DS which is roughly the size of a smartphone, more books, books again, a lot of fancy pens, a mid-sized tea kettle, various cooking utensils...

Good clothing website links would be a big help, if you don't mind. I had looked at a few pieces of MSD clothes before, but I wasn't sure if I needed to match the specific measurements for her or not. Oh, and when I said scavenging for clothes, I meant less repurposing other doll clothes to go on her and more digging around in my craft pile for fabric I might be able to make into something halfway decent for her, haha

I do still want to try making a fancy dress for her someday, though, whether I buy her clothes or decide to go completely hand-made.

@Kenia153 Practice makes perfect, as they say. I'm sure that if you put in enough effort, you'll become great at face-ups :) Good idea about practicing on the ponies for the time being, though.
Odn3PBL.png
1 2 ... 391 392 393 394 395 ... 421 422