Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Typos MEGATHREAD!
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 329 330
This makes me cringe and flail every time I go to the Index and see it. Under Items For Sale:

Buy & sell, items.

There should be no comma. ;w;

/flailsob
This makes me cringe and flail every time I go to the Index and see it. Under Items For Sale:

Buy & sell, items.

There should be no comma. ;w;

/flailsob
[quote name="GiftOfArtemis" date="2013-12-09 22:45:03"][center][i]Welcome to Art's list of grammar in the bestiary that bugs me![/i] [s]finally, something productive to do with my editing problems...[/s][/center] [LIST] [*]While the opheodrys [b]serthis'[/b] remarks and quick wit are venomous, its fangs are not.[/quote] I believe you bolded the wrong part! "its" should have been bolded as it is the mistake because it needs an apostrophe, as it is referring to the ownership of something. There is nothing wrong with "opheodrys serthis' " as when there is an 's' at the end of a word/name and it's referring to ownership, you never add an apostrophe with another 's' tacked onto the end, just the apostrophe. I'm not good at explaining grammar, but I can understand it, so just trust me on this, even if you don't have a clue what I am talking about ^^;
GiftOfArtemis wrote on 2013-12-09 22:45:03:
Welcome to Art's list of grammar in the bestiary that bugs me!
finally, something productive to do with my editing problems...

• While the opheodrys serthis' remarks and quick wit are venomous, its fangs are not.

I believe you bolded the wrong part! "its" should have been bolded as it is the mistake because it needs an apostrophe, as it is referring to the ownership of something.
There is nothing wrong with "opheodrys serthis' " as when there is an 's' at the end of a word/name and it's referring to ownership, you never add an apostrophe with another 's' tacked onto the end, just the apostrophe.
I'm not good at explaining grammar, but I can understand it, so just trust me on this, even if you don't have a clue what I am talking about ^^;
79mN6Pt.png
Someone has probably said this before, but Fallout Streaks are called Fallen Streaks in the Coliseum.

Also, the Venomous and Poisonous Toridae seem to have their names switched in the Coliseum.
Someone has probably said this before, but Fallout Streaks are called Fallen Streaks in the Coliseum.

Also, the Venomous and Poisonous Toridae seem to have their names switched in the Coliseum.
@ Miyuzaki Fallout streaks are black, while fallen streaks are pink, and do not have a familiar version. :-)

Poisonous and Venomous Toridae have had their names corrected.

I corrected many of the item description typos and grammar errors. Some of the typos around the site are things I'll have to ask Akiri about.
@ Miyuzaki Fallout streaks are black, while fallen streaks are pink, and do not have a familiar version. :-)

Poisonous and Venomous Toridae have had their names corrected.

I corrected many of the item description typos and grammar errors. Some of the typos around the site are things I'll have to ask Akiri about.
@Undel Oh, okay. Then the problem seems to be that the Fallout Streak is called the Fallen Streak and the Fallen Streak doesn't actually exist, or at least it doesn't in Chrome. The Fallen Streak display is identical to the Fallout Streak. It also drops the Fallout Streak familiar. [img]http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag35/Miyuzaki1/Flight%20Rising/ScreenShot2013-12-21at24017AM_zps5871dc0a.png[/img] I took a screenshot of a battle with a Fallen Streak. I'm not sure if there's a separate instance of a Fallout Streak as the Coliseum is kind of laggy right now, otherwise I'd look for one. This probably isn't the right place to report this bug though, sorry. I also noticed that the Dreameater is called Dream Eater in the Coliseum. (I'm really sorry if you got a million pings from me editing this a bunch. I had to add a few things.)
@Undel

Oh, okay. Then the problem seems to be that the Fallout Streak is called the Fallen Streak and the Fallen Streak doesn't actually exist, or at least it doesn't in Chrome. The Fallen Streak display is identical to the Fallout Streak. It also drops the Fallout Streak familiar.

ScreenShot2013-12-21at24017AM_zps5871dc0a.png

I took a screenshot of a battle with a Fallen Streak. I'm not sure if there's a separate instance of a Fallout Streak as the Coliseum is kind of laggy right now, otherwise I'd look for one.

This probably isn't the right place to report this bug though, sorry.

I also noticed that the Dreameater is called Dream Eater in the Coliseum.

(I'm really sorry if you got a million pings from me editing this a bunch. I had to add a few things.)
This is from the description of the Reflect ability:

Shocks the enemy with electricity. Has a chance to apply paralysis. (The target has a chance to prohibited from using abilities.) May only be used by lightning dragons.
This is from the description of the Reflect ability:

Shocks the enemy with electricity. Has a chance to apply paralysis. (The target has a chance to prohibited from using abilities.) May only be used by lightning dragons.
[item=dwarf ocotopus] This should probably say Octopus rather than Ocotopus D:
This should probably say Octopus rather than Ocotopus D:
cZLsLHr.png
@Brows actually, when "its" is used to denote ownership, it does not take an apostrophe. its exclusively denotes ownership and it's is exclusively a contraction of it is. the possessive use of "its" is a pronoun, not a noun, so think of it less like the equivalent to "the dog's" or "Joe's" and more akin to "his" or "hers!"

my complaint, however, is that on the Mighty Lair Fire Flight user pages, the land name "Molten Scar" is misspelled as "Molton Scar." example.
@Brows actually, when "its" is used to denote ownership, it does not take an apostrophe. its exclusively denotes ownership and it's is exclusively a contraction of it is. the possessive use of "its" is a pronoun, not a noun, so think of it less like the equivalent to "the dog's" or "Joe's" and more akin to "his" or "hers!"

my complaint, however, is that on the Mighty Lair Fire Flight user pages, the land name "Molten Scar" is misspelled as "Molton Scar." example.
tumblr_no3ozumaPC1tv56zio6_75sq.pngpmoEbNN.png weasel | he/him 78U0Gge.pngtumblr_no3ozumaPC1tv56zio9_75sq.png
The Ancient Lair for Plagues is supposed to be the Wyrmwound, not the WyrmWOOD.

http://prntscr.com/2jy0jy
The Ancient Lair for Plagues is supposed to be the Wyrmwound, not the WyrmWOOD.

http://prntscr.com/2jy0jy
eyQdv.gif
The Venerable Lair for Lightning icon says "Venerable Lair of the The Lightning Farm".
The Venerable Lair for Lightning icon says "Venerable Lair of the The Lightning Farm".
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do1_500.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 329 330