Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Consequences of Super Powers.[Done]
1 2 3 4
Ze rulez are simple. Name a super power and somebody else will tell you the consequences of having them. It can be socially, mentally, or physically. These are meant to be singular abilities. Things that could be assumed to exist in tandem could be included. Ie, super strength and super speed. You need that incredible strength to perform the superspeed kind of thing.

As an example:

Superspeed. Ie. The Flash.

Consequences. The stress on your body would be extreme. Unless another of your abilities is incredible durability, you would probably be turned into ground meat.

~~~~~~

I choose, telepathy. What are the consequences?
Ze rulez are simple. Name a super power and somebody else will tell you the consequences of having them. It can be socially, mentally, or physically. These are meant to be singular abilities. Things that could be assumed to exist in tandem could be included. Ie, super strength and super speed. You need that incredible strength to perform the superspeed kind of thing.

As an example:

Superspeed. Ie. The Flash.

Consequences. The stress on your body would be extreme. Unless another of your abilities is incredible durability, you would probably be turned into ground meat.

~~~~~~

I choose, telepathy. What are the consequences?
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
@Zurun

You have to listen to the thoughts of everybody in the room, and because of the way the human mind processes thoughts, you would go mad from the dozens of thoughts roaming through everyone's mind at all times.

So instead of hearing "His shoes are a weird color," you'd hear "His shoes are a weird color" + "I wonder what's for dinner" + "TACOS" + "I got a blank space baby and I'll write your name" + "TURN DOWN FOR WHAT" + "*weird instrumentals*" + "Did I put on deodorant?" All from the same person.

What are the drawbacks of telekinesis?
@Zurun

You have to listen to the thoughts of everybody in the room, and because of the way the human mind processes thoughts, you would go mad from the dozens of thoughts roaming through everyone's mind at all times.

So instead of hearing "His shoes are a weird color," you'd hear "His shoes are a weird color" + "I wonder what's for dinner" + "TACOS" + "I got a blank space baby and I'll write your name" + "TURN DOWN FOR WHAT" + "*weird instrumentals*" + "Did I put on deodorant?" All from the same person.

What are the drawbacks of telekinesis?
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
@lamarqueisdead

You've used telekinesis to use objects so much that your upper body strength has dwindled down to near-nothing. You probably couldn't lift a sewing needle to save your life.

What are the negative side-effects of invisibility?
@lamarqueisdead

You've used telekinesis to use objects so much that your upper body strength has dwindled down to near-nothing. You probably couldn't lift a sewing needle to save your life.

What are the negative side-effects of invisibility?
oZSMaBu.png "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
they/them
tumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo6_75sq.pngtumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo5_75sq.png
[/code]
@Luthyx

From a logical standpoint, you clothes wouldn't turn invisble, so to spy on people you'd have to be nekked.

The ability to freeze time perhaps?
@Luthyx

From a logical standpoint, you clothes wouldn't turn invisble, so to spy on people you'd have to be nekked.

The ability to freeze time perhaps?
dQT1EzU.gif
@LotusCandy

If time is frozen, then presumably nothing can be moved. This includes objects, like your clothes. This also may include the oxygen you need to breathe. Same with photons, so you wouldn't be able to see either.

How about flight?
@LotusCandy

If time is frozen, then presumably nothing can be moved. This includes objects, like your clothes. This also may include the oxygen you need to breathe. Same with photons, so you wouldn't be able to see either.

How about flight?
tumblr_n9rjznP5bt1qd0s8ko9_500.png
@Aliria
The sheer force of the wind as you fly against it would be excruciating the faster you went, causing blunt force trauma to your body.
Also it would be harder and harder to breathe, so you could only fly as fast as your body could allow.

How about the ability to control fire?
@Aliria
The sheer force of the wind as you fly against it would be excruciating the faster you went, causing blunt force trauma to your body.
Also it would be harder and harder to breathe, so you could only fly as fast as your body could allow.

How about the ability to control fire?
tumblr_inline_o8pnmsr2WO1ts73zp_540.png
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
to control fire;

you probably aren't fireproof yourself, prepare for hospital runs a lot

to distort light?

@Tepioka
to control fire;

you probably aren't fireproof yourself, prepare for hospital runs a lot

to distort light?

@Tepioka
bmkYwEK.png
Despite technically having the ability to control photons, you'd still need an immense amount of theoretical knowledge of physics and light in order to actually know what to do and how to do it.
Have fun with your degree!

Ability to shapeshift?
Despite technically having the ability to control photons, you'd still need an immense amount of theoretical knowledge of physics and light in order to actually know what to do and how to do it.
Have fun with your degree!

Ability to shapeshift?
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
@TheAlchemist
Logically, shape-shifting would not only cause your bones to break and reform (a process which would be incredibly painful), but all your organs to be rearranged every time you transform into a different being. This would put a lot of undue stress onto them. And imagine trying to transform into something which has/lacks organs that humans have it don't have. I can't imagine spontaneous organ growth being a particularly pain-free experience.

Infinite knowledge?
@TheAlchemist
Logically, shape-shifting would not only cause your bones to break and reform (a process which would be incredibly painful), but all your organs to be rearranged every time you transform into a different being. This would put a lot of undue stress onto them. And imagine trying to transform into something which has/lacks organs that humans have it don't have. I can't imagine spontaneous organ growth being a particularly pain-free experience.

Infinite knowledge?
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
@*******
You'd go mad almost instantly. I know a lot of scientists predict humans have a finite capacity for knowledge, but I'm not even talking about that necessarily. There are things you should not know, kind of the like whole "the smarter you are the more depressed you are" to a whole new extreme. I think the best way to articulate how bad infinite knowledge would be is through some things Douglas Adams wrote about. First, and over dose of truth potion. Some guy in court got too much potion, and shouting spouting universal truths; things to advanced and arcane for any normal being to hear. He died, as well as everyone who heard him. Second, the Total Perspective Device, in which you are show your exact, precise location in a to scale map of he Universe in all of its infinity. You realize how horribly small and insignificant you are, realize the sheer reality of things, and go insane and become basically brain dead. So yeah, that's what would happen with infinite knowledge.

See through vision?
@*******
You'd go mad almost instantly. I know a lot of scientists predict humans have a finite capacity for knowledge, but I'm not even talking about that necessarily. There are things you should not know, kind of the like whole "the smarter you are the more depressed you are" to a whole new extreme. I think the best way to articulate how bad infinite knowledge would be is through some things Douglas Adams wrote about. First, and over dose of truth potion. Some guy in court got too much potion, and shouting spouting universal truths; things to advanced and arcane for any normal being to hear. He died, as well as everyone who heard him. Second, the Total Perspective Device, in which you are show your exact, precise location in a to scale map of he Universe in all of its infinity. You realize how horribly small and insignificant you are, realize the sheer reality of things, and go insane and become basically brain dead. So yeah, that's what would happen with infinite knowledge.

See through vision?
1 2 3 4