Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Sherlock!
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15
@Fringe i think the absolute confusion is intentional. they know it ll **** off dedicated fans, leading us to make theories, which the SH crew love, and confuse casual viewers, who wouldn t continue watching past ep 1 if it wasn t interesting. they made it so off that you just need more to make sense of it all.
@Fringe i think the absolute confusion is intentional. they know it ll **** off dedicated fans, leading us to make theories, which the SH crew love, and confuse casual viewers, who wouldn t continue watching past ep 1 if it wasn t interesting. they made it so off that you just need more to make sense of it all.
tAOOq39.gif
x / rhys
she / they
i make aesthetic boards!
->
Y6lT6aa.jpg
ethereal hatchery
coming soon!
JDRns9j.gif
@Xzael i definitely agree! i'd like to think that they fully knew that no one would be happy with this episode and that the next 2 episodes will explain and fix it. which, i'm convinced they will, because they haven't let us down yet.

i do think the unreliable narrator theory could have some traction, if it's something that could be explained in a short scene (like flashbacks "correcting" the events) but i don't think it would be to the extent that the entire episode was totally made up. i think at least the majority of the episode (specifically mary's storyline) happened as it was shown, i just don't think we were shown everything we need to come to the correct conclusion.

i have a theory here (link to tumblr, it's kind of long), which is probably wrong but it's my best guess at this point i'd say.
@Xzael i definitely agree! i'd like to think that they fully knew that no one would be happy with this episode and that the next 2 episodes will explain and fix it. which, i'm convinced they will, because they haven't let us down yet.

i do think the unreliable narrator theory could have some traction, if it's something that could be explained in a short scene (like flashbacks "correcting" the events) but i don't think it would be to the extent that the entire episode was totally made up. i think at least the majority of the episode (specifically mary's storyline) happened as it was shown, i just don't think we were shown everything we need to come to the correct conclusion.

i have a theory here (link to tumblr, it's kind of long), which is probably wrong but it's my best guess at this point i'd say.
@Thunderwalker I don't remember Mycroft dying in any of Conan Doyle's stories originally. Unless it was in the larger novel "The Valley of Fear" which is the only Holmes story I haven't read yet. I don't consider any other adaptions canon and I don't think Moffat or Gatiss do either but who knows? I could see Mycroft faking his death for awhile but I refuse to believe that the character would not be able to get himself out of a real noose if he were so inclined.

I do wonder if that whole episode was entirely trustworthy. Something was very off about everyone. You know what? That episode better have been mostly fake because that's the only way that I'll believe the writers know how to write the characters correctly anymore!

I won't be necessarily surprised if someone or more than someone else dies in the next episode and I won't even be surprised if its Mycroft. But if they want to do it and make it have sense then they need to pay tribute to the original characters (and basically I mean Mycroft would never left himself get killed so easily.) I am excited about the older sibling Sherrinford though! I hope he/she's super clever and interesting!

I'm also pretty sure I know how they are going to get Sherlock and John back together in the next episode if they follow the plotline of "The Dying Detective" (story for which the next episode will be based on) at all. Mr. Holmes was really freaking clever in that story so Sherlock better hold up to the books or I'm going to be disappointed all over again!

@Thunderwalker I don't remember Mycroft dying in any of Conan Doyle's stories originally. Unless it was in the larger novel "The Valley of Fear" which is the only Holmes story I haven't read yet. I don't consider any other adaptions canon and I don't think Moffat or Gatiss do either but who knows? I could see Mycroft faking his death for awhile but I refuse to believe that the character would not be able to get himself out of a real noose if he were so inclined.

I do wonder if that whole episode was entirely trustworthy. Something was very off about everyone. You know what? That episode better have been mostly fake because that's the only way that I'll believe the writers know how to write the characters correctly anymore!

I won't be necessarily surprised if someone or more than someone else dies in the next episode and I won't even be surprised if its Mycroft. But if they want to do it and make it have sense then they need to pay tribute to the original characters (and basically I mean Mycroft would never left himself get killed so easily.) I am excited about the older sibling Sherrinford though! I hope he/she's super clever and interesting!

I'm also pretty sure I know how they are going to get Sherlock and John back together in the next episode if they follow the plotline of "The Dying Detective" (story for which the next episode will be based on) at all. Mr. Holmes was really freaking clever in that story so Sherlock better hold up to the books or I'm going to be disappointed all over again!

XriSV9h.gif
@CrazyRedFire i, sadly, haven t read many sh books so how do you think sh & john will get back together?
@CrazyRedFire i, sadly, haven t read many sh books so how do you think sh & john will get back together?
tAOOq39.gif
x / rhys
she / they
i make aesthetic boards!
->
Y6lT6aa.jpg
ethereal hatchery
coming soon!
JDRns9j.gif
@Xzael Oh you should ^^ they are fantastic!

Oh yeah of course they will. You can't separate two friends like Holmes and Watson for long. They have their issues but their relationship (especially in the books) is more brotherly than even the relationship between Sherlock and Mycroft. John Watson was always the character that grounded Holmes when cases got really twisted and in turn Holmes always tried to protect Watson whenever he believed things were too dangerous. Their friendship was legendary and part of the reason the books became so popular in the first place. Those two continuously saved each other from many things. Besides, I have faith that John will not be able to walk away from his best friend so easily, especially when Sherlock shouldn't truly be blamed for Mary's death. (He didn't ask her to jump in front of the bullet.) And John holding Sherlock to his "vow" to keep them all safe is just unrealistic. Sherlock isn't god (much to his displeasure) and he's never been able to save everyone. John should know this. He also knows that Sherlock does truly care about him and Rosy. Eventually, he'll come to terms with that and realize he shouldn't be so angry with Sherlock.

This is what better happen because it is without doubt what would happen to the original characters and if they are planning to stay true (to some degree) to Doyle's characters. You just can't break up Mr. Holmes and John Watson. That is sacrilege!
@Xzael Oh you should ^^ they are fantastic!

Oh yeah of course they will. You can't separate two friends like Holmes and Watson for long. They have their issues but their relationship (especially in the books) is more brotherly than even the relationship between Sherlock and Mycroft. John Watson was always the character that grounded Holmes when cases got really twisted and in turn Holmes always tried to protect Watson whenever he believed things were too dangerous. Their friendship was legendary and part of the reason the books became so popular in the first place. Those two continuously saved each other from many things. Besides, I have faith that John will not be able to walk away from his best friend so easily, especially when Sherlock shouldn't truly be blamed for Mary's death. (He didn't ask her to jump in front of the bullet.) And John holding Sherlock to his "vow" to keep them all safe is just unrealistic. Sherlock isn't god (much to his displeasure) and he's never been able to save everyone. John should know this. He also knows that Sherlock does truly care about him and Rosy. Eventually, he'll come to terms with that and realize he shouldn't be so angry with Sherlock.

This is what better happen because it is without doubt what would happen to the original characters and if they are planning to stay true (to some degree) to Doyle's characters. You just can't break up Mr. Holmes and John Watson. That is sacrilege!
XriSV9h.gif
Did anyone catch the little Smaug reference? Mary says ''Sherlock the dragon slayer'' when she meets him in the darkly lit room.

Reference or not, it was a good line :p

Also hoping they reference Dr Strange because why not
Did anyone catch the little Smaug reference? Mary says ''Sherlock the dragon slayer'' when she meets him in the darkly lit room.

Reference or not, it was a good line :p

Also hoping they reference Dr Strange because why not
56898883.pngDancing Lions Gaelor Subspecies
@ Avarne
Ah, yes. Mycroft also referenced dragons before, John wrote about "visiting a mate in New Zealand" in his blog, he called Sherlock "Spock", and he also stared at a ring for a bit longer than necessary.

And those are just the ones I noticed.
@ Avarne
Ah, yes. Mycroft also referenced dragons before, John wrote about "visiting a mate in New Zealand" in his blog, he called Sherlock "Spock", and he also stared at a ring for a bit longer than necessary.

And those are just the ones I noticed.
hey how you doing? well i'm doing just fine.
i lied i'm dying inside

ness, he/him
looking for a dragon with
obsidian or very dark grey primary
red range secondary
male
lightning primal
willing to pay upwards of 200g, depending on colors and genes
@CrazyRedFire
It is not mentioned much, just that he passed away (probably because of his weight).

@Avanre
Mycroft mentioned it before. No idea how Mary of all people knew about this though!
@CrazyRedFire
It is not mentioned much, just that he passed away (probably because of his weight).

@Avanre
Mycroft mentioned it before. No idea how Mary of all people knew about this though!
I haven't seen 4:2 yet but MAN the Six Thatchers threw me for a loop! I'm kinda in denial about Mary's death.... Like I ship Johnlock but Mary was still a brilliant character... I'm super excited to watch the next episode tomorrow. (I taped it hehe.)
I haven't seen 4:2 yet but MAN the Six Thatchers threw me for a loop! I'm kinda in denial about Mary's death.... Like I ship Johnlock but Mary was still a brilliant character... I'm super excited to watch the next episode tomorrow. (I taped it hehe.)
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Good God Episode 2 was good. So very, very good. And I might just have reacted a bit like this [img]https://i.imgur.com/gwhJarx.jpg[/img] in regards of Johnlock. Also Mrs H was the best thing (expect for that fine suit on Mark Gatiss) this whole episode. And the ending! [spoiler]Eurus! The East Wind! A Sister![/spoiler]
Good God Episode 2 was good. So very, very good.

And I might just have reacted a bit like this
gwhJarx.jpg
in regards of Johnlock.

Also Mrs H was the best thing (expect for that fine suit on Mark Gatiss) this whole episode.

And the ending!
Eurus! The East Wind! A Sister!
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15