Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Help on drawing dragons?
Unsure if this belongs here but, I really wanna know how to draw ANY of these dragons, tutorials help me too, and what the dragons have (Ex: Male Guardians have beards and female don't.)
Unsure if this belongs here but, I really wanna know how to draw ANY of these dragons, tutorials help me too, and what the dragons have (Ex: Male Guardians have beards and female don't.)
tumblr_inline_mz047ug6ob1qh7dbn.gif
@Parakeet I'm not aware of any Flight Rising-specific drawing tutorials, but there's loads of general dragon drawing tutorials on the web, just Google 'em, and you can apply those same techniques to these dragons :o Especially things like breaking the dragon down into simpler shapes, 'cause a dragon is intimidating, but circles and squares and such are much easier to handle!

As for dimorphism: male Guardians, as you know, have a beard while females do not. It's the same with Imperials: males have a beard and females don't (but they both have face fluffs on the side). Pearlcatcher females have one horn, males have two. Male Ridgebacks have a long, pointy nose and females don't. Male Tundras have much more fur than females, like a big ol' mane. And Skydancer males have 4 long antennae, while females only have 2 short ones.

If you want a closer look at each breed, you can always download the blank .PSD files for making skins and zoom in on those: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=skins&tab=psd Other pics for reference: All the trading post dragons, the last wallpaper, the Festive Favors Mirror dragon, and of course, the Scrying Workshop!

Keep practicing, too! Even if you have to sketch a dragon 1,000 times before it looks right, you're learning and accomplishing so much more than if you'd never tried, so don't give up!!
@Parakeet I'm not aware of any Flight Rising-specific drawing tutorials, but there's loads of general dragon drawing tutorials on the web, just Google 'em, and you can apply those same techniques to these dragons :o Especially things like breaking the dragon down into simpler shapes, 'cause a dragon is intimidating, but circles and squares and such are much easier to handle!

As for dimorphism: male Guardians, as you know, have a beard while females do not. It's the same with Imperials: males have a beard and females don't (but they both have face fluffs on the side). Pearlcatcher females have one horn, males have two. Male Ridgebacks have a long, pointy nose and females don't. Male Tundras have much more fur than females, like a big ol' mane. And Skydancer males have 4 long antennae, while females only have 2 short ones.

If you want a closer look at each breed, you can always download the blank .PSD files for making skins and zoom in on those: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=skins&tab=psd Other pics for reference: All the trading post dragons, the last wallpaper, the Festive Favors Mirror dragon, and of course, the Scrying Workshop!

Keep practicing, too! Even if you have to sketch a dragon 1,000 times before it looks right, you're learning and accomplishing so much more than if you'd never tried, so don't give up!!
cZLsLHr.png
@Jaena

Thank you so much! I'll take a look at them, however I can't download PSD files, so I can always zoom in or something, I used to be horrible at drawing Coatls but now I think I'm okay with them now! 8D
@Jaena

Thank you so much! I'll take a look at them, however I can't download PSD files, so I can always zoom in or something, I used to be horrible at drawing Coatls but now I think I'm okay with them now! 8D
tumblr_inline_mz047ug6ob1qh7dbn.gif
i suck at drawing anything free hand, and sometimes when I copy a picture it looks really weird.
i suck at drawing anything free hand, and sometimes when I copy a picture it looks really weird.
@CookieDragon2005

Please note that posting on threads older than 3 months is not allowed! This thread's two and a half years old, so you'd be better served by making a new thread.

@JCStitches
Necromancer!
@CookieDragon2005

Please note that posting on threads older than 3 months is not allowed! This thread's two and a half years old, so you'd be better served by making a new thread.

@JCStitches
Necromancer!
windh4.png
Oh, sorry, I didn't know that.
Oh, sorry, I didn't know that.
@CookieDragon2005 then you may want to review the first three links at the bottom of the page - they'll tell you all you need to know about FR's rules. ;)
@CookieDragon2005 then you may want to review the first three links at the bottom of the page - they'll tell you all you need to know about FR's rules. ;)
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
OK, thanks, I will.
OK, thanks, I will.