Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Commissions Against Cancer (LIVE)
1 2 3 4 5
[center][size=7][color=red]bit.ly/DrawTheCure[/color] View the Website HERE ^^^^^[/size][/center] [center][size=5][color=purple][b]Calling All Artists![/b][/size][/color] [size=0]Btw I am super nervous about posting this aaaahhh It's probably a stupid idea I'm sorry[/size] Hi everyone, some of you may have seen me around the forums, some you might not have, who knows? I'm asking for your help for a good cause, and for a very personal reason. You see, I am in high school and I have a project this year for English called a "Change the World Project." It is exactly as it sounds- you are supposed to somehow make a difference on the world! Most people host a little "event" at the school like "wear a wig in support of cancer survivors and fighters!" or "write a letter to someone overseas in the military." Or maybe you'll get bigger event like a food drive or a website. I want to go outside the box and do something bigger. Cancer has taken so much from my family, from me, from my friends. I have lost 2 close friends to cancer, several family members and myself had a personal cancer scare a few months ago (luckily, it amounted to anything). As well as losing my beloved cat, Cleo, when I was younger. And I can't be the only one. I want to do something to really help the fight against this evil thing called cancer. [url=http://www.cancer.org/]The American Cancer Society[/url] accepts donations and does so many other things to gather money to fund cancer research and to give items to cancer patients and their families. One event I participate in each year is the [url=https://secure.acsevents.org/site/SPageServer/?pagename=relay]Relay for Life[/url], in fact, I even run my own team at my local walk! So what do I need you artists for? I have decided that I am going to create a non-profit group of artists, who are here purely by volunteering, who draw when someone "buys" art from them. Sounds confusing? Let me break it down- All money. Every dollar. Will be donated to the American Cancer Society or spent on art supplies/materials/books for cancer patients, geared towards children and young adults (teens) and donated. Art supply donations will be given to the Massey Cancer Center and I hope to send to hospitals across the US <3. I have yet to decide a way to distribute it (the pure donations and the buying supplies), therefore [b]ideas are greatly encouraged[/b]. All donations directly to the cancer society will be tracked here under my Rely Team name! This is what the page looks like <3 [img]http://i.imgur.com/5sDiHXb.png[/img] So for simplicities sake, we are going to call each donator a "buyer". I will be creating a website or a blog along with having various social media for this. If a buyer wants to purchase art, they will "purchase" the art through paypal or a similair transaction service along with a message of which artist they wish to buy from, what they want drawn/done, and what tier they want along with the payment. The information will then be communicated to the artist. You see, artists will be placed or place themselves in different tiers based on their art-skill/art level that they are offering. For example- 5$ Tier-- Artist 1 - Offering Simple digital Sketches of a character Artist 2 - Offering a simple traditional sketches (obviously a different style from artist 1) 20$ Tier-- Artist 1 - Offering shaded chibi or flat full colored full-body character Artist 3- Offering hand made bracelets Artist 4- Short Story/fan fiction with OCs (read personal rules etc.) 100$ Tier -- Artist 2- Offering full digital paintings or something ^^ This is just a basic idea to get the idea across. I have no idea if the prices are appropriate or not, keep that in mind. The artists, for the most part, set their own value since this is done by [b]VOLUNTEERING THEIR OWN TIME[/b] Each artist gets their own personal page with examples of their art and a description of themselves and why they are doing this. How cancer as impacted their lives etc. A mini about you page with "prices", examples, a bio, schedule (times and how long it takes you to complete a piece) etc. What's in it for the artists? Well obviously I can't offer you money, like I said, volunteering. But you do get to donate to an amazing cause by offering your art. Plus. I will get you special recognition for your donation and skill at my event and the American Cancer Society (if it gets big enough, but you will get recongition if you are okay with it!)! Plus I'll art you up a special little badge for you here on the forums, just for you ;) I'll definitely try to make something special for the artists, especially for those who join and express interest through FR. Artists! You can charge materials and shipping fees IF you are mailing to the buyer! This does not count for traditional works that you scan in! The buyer will pay you the fee and send me the payment for the tier of art. I can clear this up if need be. So please, artists and anyone really, tell me what you think! Do you have ideas? Room for improvement? This is an idea in the works, I won't probably be doing anything until next year (2017). So please tell me if this idea is totally stupid and won't work, or if this is something people might actually want to do-buying or providing your artistic talents! [quote=CLARIFICATION ON THE ORDERING SYSTEM] I'm currently working out the kinks in the system, but yes, paypal will be one of the methods to pay. All the payments will be sent to me except for materials and shipping fees, if necessary (to the artist) and will be donated. So the artists are not responsible for handling any transactions other than the shipping/construction fees they set themselves. So, for example, you are an artist and someone, let's call them Jane, wants to buy art from you, Jane will order the art and in the message specify she wishes to buy art from you, what she wants done and which tier. Then I will contact the Artist with the information and how to contact Jane if needed. Basically, no funds are put into the Artists hands, so it is not required that they have or need to know how to use whichever payment method I decide on. [/quote] ------------------- [b]Edit! - November 15th[/b] Update! I thought about it and talked with some people, there will be slots for artists. Meaning if they say "I want to sign up, but I'll only do 3 pieces" that's awesome! Later they can change that or drop out entirely. Other minor details will be worked out as this thing gets more developed, but it just occurred to me that this was a concern for me trying to make it so artists don't get overworked. :) Update! Feb. 8th. 2017 Reworked the system a bit to make it clearer. Included fundraising to buy cancer patients art supplies. Name ideas? Commissions Against Cancer, I Will Draw a Cure, We Will Draw a Cure???
******/DrawTheCure
View the Website HERE ^^^^^
Calling All Artists!
Btw I am super nervous about posting this aaaahhh It's probably a stupid idea I'm sorry

Hi everyone, some of you may have seen me around the forums, some you might not have, who knows?

I'm asking for your help for a good cause, and for a very personal reason.

You see, I am in high school and I have a project this year for English called a "Change the World Project." It is exactly as it sounds- you are supposed to somehow make a difference on the world! Most people host a little "event" at the school like "wear a wig in support of cancer survivors and fighters!" or "write a letter to someone overseas in the military." Or maybe you'll get bigger event like a food drive or a website.

I want to go outside the box and do something bigger.

Cancer has taken so much from my family, from me, from my friends. I have lost 2 close friends to cancer, several family members and myself had a personal cancer scare a few months ago (luckily, it amounted to anything). As well as losing my beloved cat, Cleo, when I was younger. And I can't be the only one. I want to do something to really help the fight against this evil thing called cancer.

The American Cancer Society accepts donations and does so many other things to gather money to fund cancer research and to give items to cancer patients and their families. One event I participate in each year is the Relay for Life, in fact, I even run my own team at my local walk!

So what do I need you artists for?

I have decided that I am going to create a non-profit group of artists, who are here purely by volunteering, who draw when someone "buys" art from them. Sounds confusing? Let me break it down-

All money. Every dollar. Will be donated to the American Cancer Society or spent on art supplies/materials/books for cancer patients, geared towards children and young adults (teens) and donated. Art supply donations will be given to the Massey Cancer Center and I hope to send to hospitals across the US <3.

I have yet to decide a way to distribute it (the pure donations and the buying supplies), therefore ideas are greatly encouraged.

All donations directly to the cancer society will be tracked here under my Rely Team name! This is what the page looks like <3
5sDiHXb.png

So for simplicities sake, we are going to call each donator a "buyer".

I will be creating a website or a blog along with having various social media for this. If a buyer wants to purchase art, they will "purchase" the art through paypal or a similair transaction service along with a message of which artist they wish to buy from, what they want drawn/done, and what tier they want along with the payment. The information will then be communicated to the artist.

You see, artists will be placed or place themselves in different tiers based on their art-skill/art level that they are offering. For example-

5$ Tier--
Artist 1 - Offering Simple digital Sketches of a character
Artist 2 - Offering a simple traditional sketches (obviously a different style from artist 1)

20$ Tier--
Artist 1 - Offering shaded chibi or flat full colored full-body character
Artist 3- Offering hand made bracelets
Artist 4- Short Story/fan fiction with OCs (read personal rules etc.)

100$ Tier --
Artist 2- Offering full digital paintings or something

^^ This is just a basic idea to get the idea across. I have no idea if the prices are appropriate or not, keep that in mind. The artists, for the most part, set their own value since this is done by VOLUNTEERING THEIR OWN TIME

Each artist gets their own personal page with examples of their art and a description of themselves and why they are doing this. How cancer as impacted their lives etc. A mini about you page with "prices", examples, a bio, schedule (times and how long it takes you to complete a piece) etc.

What's in it for the artists?

Well obviously I can't offer you money, like I said, volunteering. But you do get to donate to an amazing cause by offering your art.

Plus.
I will get you special recognition for your donation and skill at my event and the American Cancer Society (if it gets big enough, but you will get recongition if you are okay with it!)! Plus I'll art you up a special little badge for you here on the forums, just for you ;)
I'll definitely try to make something special for the artists, especially for those who join and express interest through FR.

Artists! You can charge materials and shipping fees IF you are mailing to the buyer! This does not count for traditional works that you scan in! The buyer will pay you the fee and send me the payment for the tier of art. I can clear this up if need be.

So please, artists and anyone really, tell me what you think! Do you have ideas? Room for improvement? This is an idea in the works, I won't probably be doing anything until next year (2017). So please tell me if this idea is totally stupid and won't work, or if this is something people might actually want to do-buying or providing your artistic talents!

CLARIFICATION ON THE ORDERING SYSTEM wrote:
I'm currently working out the kinks in the system, but yes, paypal will be one of the methods to pay. All the payments will be sent to me except for materials and shipping fees, if necessary (to the artist) and will be donated. So the artists are not responsible for handling any transactions other than the shipping/construction fees they set themselves. So, for example, you are an artist and someone, let's call them Jane, wants to buy art from you, Jane will order the art and in the message specify she wishes to buy art from you, what she wants done and which tier. Then I will contact the Artist with the information and how to contact Jane if needed. Basically, no funds are put into the Artists hands, so it is not required that they have or need to know how to use whichever payment method I decide on.

Edit! - November 15th

Update!

I thought about it and talked with some people, there will be slots for artists. Meaning if they say "I want to sign up, but I'll only do 3 pieces" that's awesome! Later they can change that or drop out entirely. Other minor details will be worked out as this thing gets more developed, but it just occurred to me that this was a concern for me trying to make it so artists don't get overworked. :)

Update! Feb. 8th. 2017

Reworked the system a bit to make it clearer. Included fundraising to buy cancer patients art supplies. Name ideas? Commissions Against Cancer, I Will Draw a Cure, We Will Draw a Cure???
2lhDoir.png..... .....WMCEgD8.pnguBQemcM.png
@Iridian @FlightlessCrows @RyuuOokami

I know you all have real lives and stuff, but ya'll have amazing art skills and if you guys are interested, you should totally read! Love you all <3
@Iridian @FlightlessCrows @RyuuOokami

I know you all have real lives and stuff, but ya'll have amazing art skills and if you guys are interested, you should totally read! Love you all <3
@Clya I'll help! Just let me know when it starts and I'll art up a storm >:)
@Clya I'll help! Just let me know when it starts and I'll art up a storm >:)
tfw your sig links are broken and you have nothing to use as a placeholder
@Iridian

Awesome! *slight evil laughter*
Knew I could count on my dragon buddy~
@Iridian

Awesome! *slight evil laughter*
Knew I could count on my dragon buddy~
Update!

I thought about it and talked with some people, there will be slots for artists. Meaning if they say "I want to sign up, but I'll only do 3 pieces" that's awesome! Later they can change that or drop out entirely. Other minor details will be worked out as this thing gets more developed, but it just occurred to me that this was a concern for me trying to make it so artists don't get overworked. :)
Update!

@Clya I'd like to be a part of this :)
@Clya I'd like to be a part of this :)
jEMgX6P.png
@Clya
*slams hands on table*
This is such a good idea!!
Could I perhaps be added to the artists/writers (I can do either/both) when this starts?
@Clya
*slams hands on table*
This is such a good idea!!
Could I perhaps be added to the artists/writers (I can do either/both) when this starts?
she/her || 18 || FR +3:00 || sagittarius
@QueenBatman
Awesome! Thank you so much! I'll shoot you a message or a ping or something once this starts getting closing to getting up and running ^-^

@Demonify
I'm glad you like it so much! To be honest, I was a bit nervous when trying to introduce people to the idea, but I'm slowly getting more comfortable with it.
I'll add you to the list for who I somehow alert once it starts :D
@QueenBatman
Awesome! Thank you so much! I'll shoot you a message or a ping or something once this starts getting closing to getting up and running ^-^

@Demonify
I'm glad you like it so much! To be honest, I was a bit nervous when trying to introduce people to the idea, but I'm slowly getting more comfortable with it.
I'll add you to the list for who I somehow alert once it starts :D
@Clya This looks like a FANTASIC idea! I'd like to help :)
@Clya This looks like a FANTASIC idea! I'd like to help :)
vDhkKOl.png | TheGoldDragon
#177402 | FR + 2 | he/they/ey
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Wishlist | Apparel Trading
Lair Goals
| | LF eggs:
@Clya

I may be in a phase where I'm trying to improve my art but I'm not missing out on this. Sign me up my boi!
@Clya

I may be in a phase where I'm trying to improve my art but I'm not missing out on this. Sign me up my boi!
1 2 3 4 5