Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Rockbreaker's Ceremony Skin Discussion
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 51 52
@taarnfalk thank you! Any suggestions for improvements?

Or from others as well? :3

@circuitdruid wow. That is stunning. I want something a little more in the wings to stand up to all the gorgeous texturing on the body. Like some chips or "relief" like what you've got going on with his jaw. I think that would just be dope as heck.
@taarnfalk thank you! Any suggestions for improvements?

Or from others as well? :3

@circuitdruid wow. That is stunning. I want something a little more in the wings to stand up to all the gorgeous texturing on the body. Like some chips or "relief" like what you've got going on with his jaw. I think that would just be dope as heck.
ZVy3zUW.png
Well, I already posted my submission, but I figured I might as well swing by the discussion thread, too--this is my first skin attempt, so I've been a little unclear on how this usually works! [img]http://myarmcanfly.net/images/RockbreakerSkin.png[/img] The textures are painted but based closely on a couple of photos. I think i should have spent more time zoomed out and less time fiddling over every stone. Rather than a particular gem or mineral, I decided to think about the earth and caves as a place--and since the FR world has so many human ruins left behind, I thought it might have some cave paintings as well. May have gone a bit overboard on the hand prints, but I'm pretty happy with the overall look :) Here's a closeup on some of the detailing: [img]http://myarmcanfly.net/images/RockbreakerSkinDetail.png[/img]
Well, I already posted my submission, but I figured I might as well swing by the discussion thread, too--this is my first skin attempt, so I've been a little unclear on how this usually works!

RockbreakerSkin.png

The textures are painted but based closely on a couple of photos. I think i should have spent more time zoomed out and less time fiddling over every stone. Rather than a particular gem or mineral, I decided to think about the earth and caves as a place--and since the FR world has so many human ruins left behind, I thought it might have some cave paintings as well. May have gone a bit overboard on the hand prints, but I'm pretty happy with the overall look :)

Here's a closeup on some of the detailing:

RockbreakerSkinDetail.png
Traitorous.gif Suspect.gif Quarantine.gif Proven.gif Trusted.gif Cleared.gif
@Circuitdruid I just had to say, I absolutely adore your terracotta snapper! If it wins (and I certainly hope it does!) I'm going to need to get my paws on one :'D
@Circuitdruid I just had to say, I absolutely adore your terracotta snapper! If it wins (and I certainly hope it does!) I'm going to need to get my paws on one :'D
fr_sig_1_pixel_by_therougecat-d6hxz92.png
When pinging me: remember to spell it 'rouge' and not 'rogue'!
@Sanrixian you know, I tried a dozen different things, but everything I did looked far too busy and unbalanced. I just could not find anything that worked for me. But, reading your comment I still thought you were right, so I went back and added a few subtle wear lines. its not fancy but I think it ties it all in a little better, a nice middle ground. [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10030496/Tumble/terracotta2.png[/img] I might revisit again when I have a little more time, but for now i'm swamped with work. Thank you for your helpful input :) I'm definately happier with it now
@Sanrixian
you know, I tried a dozen different things, but everything I did looked far too busy and unbalanced. I just could not find anything that worked for me.
But, reading your comment I still thought you were right, so I went back and added a few subtle wear lines. its not fancy but I think it ties it all in a little better, a nice middle ground.

terracotta2.png

I might revisit again when I have a little more time, but for now i'm swamped with work.

Thank you for your helpful input :) I'm definately happier with it now
@Circuitdruid

In the submission thread, is the image the correct size? It seems a little big. It needs to be 350x350, else you'll be automatically disqualified, and that would suuuuuuuuuck because that is one amazing skin.
@Circuitdruid

In the submission thread, is the image the correct size? It seems a little big. It needs to be 350x350, else you'll be automatically disqualified, and that would suuuuuuuuuck because that is one amazing skin.
DQ9DP8W.png
Got it, thank you Wolftears!
Got it, thank you Wolftears!

tumblr_n6ymlfL8ML1tnv6ito3_500.gif
Inactive!

Monokuma.png

Slightly Inactive
If you want my attention please ping or send me a PM
sRZrMGg.png

spring_into_the_coldness_of_hell_by_yukinotenshi23-d6xu66g.png

Signature Shop â…  Art Shop â…  Accent & Skin Shop
@Charisma

It's against the rules to give the PSDs or any form of the base images to anyone (offsite or on), so I think that right there disqualifies them, sorry.
@Charisma

It's against the rules to give the PSDs or any form of the base images to anyone (offsite or on), so I think that right there disqualifies them, sorry.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
Any opinions on my skin so far? And also comments on what else to add to it? I'm not sure what to do for the wings. I can't really do textures very well, so instead of doing a stone or gemstone based one, i went for browns and earth colours and did a sort of animal spot marking. Hope it's close enough to fit the theme, i wasn't sure what qualified. I still need to resize the image. Any opinions and constructive criticism appreciated! [img]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/Winged0/Coloured%20stuff/PearlcatcherMcontestcopy.png[/img]
Any opinions on my skin so far? And also comments on what else to add to it? I'm not sure what to do for the wings.
I can't really do textures very well, so instead of doing a stone or gemstone based one, i went for browns and earth colours and did a sort of animal spot marking. Hope it's close enough to fit the theme, i wasn't sure what qualified.
I still need to resize the image.

Any opinions and constructive criticism appreciated!

PearlcatcherMcontestcopy.png
tumblr_ni3lnf1beT1u3wsjco5_r1_250.png coatl_adopt_by_resize2-d7f626m.png
@Winged0

When looking at it, it feels a bit flat. Try adding some shadows and highlights (but don't add too much). You could try to color the lineart slightly, especially around the yellow areas. The wings are also in need of something. Right now they feel a bit left out. Maybe add some leopard markings at the base that fade out, or maybe add some lines to make it look like the wings have been scrathed or similar.

But other than that, I love the idea and I adore the colors chosen! I think its definely earth themed, even if I can't put my finger on exactly why :)
@Winged0

When looking at it, it feels a bit flat. Try adding some shadows and highlights (but don't add too much). You could try to color the lineart slightly, especially around the yellow areas. The wings are also in need of something. Right now they feel a bit left out. Maybe add some leopard markings at the base that fade out, or maybe add some lines to make it look like the wings have been scrathed or similar.

But other than that, I love the idea and I adore the colors chosen! I think its definely earth themed, even if I can't put my finger on exactly why :)
@segolia Talk about the skins over here~ but what native american symbolism?
@segolia Talk about the skins over here~ but what native american symbolism?
gross
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 51 52