Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Rockbreaker's Ceremony Skin Discussion
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 51 52
How do I post a PSD file in the forums? Should I change it to a JPG? Also, how do I make it small enough to fit without making a horizontal scroll bar?
How do I post a PSD file in the forums? Should I change it to a JPG? Also, how do I make it small enough to fit without making a horizontal scroll bar?
@ookaookaooka

Post a PNG with a transparent background. Don't post a JPG or PSD. Resize it in whatever program you're working in so that it is 350 pixels by 350pixels, that way it won't make the horizontal scroll bar.

@KingofElves

I just wanted to point out a couple of things so that you don't get disqualified! Firstly, you should edit your original post with the second entry instead of making a whole new post for it. Also you need to edit your pictures to be 350x350; they're too large currently. Both your entries have a colored background (your skydancer has a white background and the imperial has a grey one). You need to make these transparent or they won't even get a chance :( Lastly, (more questions than tips) did you edit the shadow and line art layers? the skydancer looks like you put a filter over the line art, which isn't allowed unfortunately. and is there a reason that entry is so noisy?

Good luck!
@ookaookaooka

Post a PNG with a transparent background. Don't post a JPG or PSD. Resize it in whatever program you're working in so that it is 350 pixels by 350pixels, that way it won't make the horizontal scroll bar.

@KingofElves

I just wanted to point out a couple of things so that you don't get disqualified! Firstly, you should edit your original post with the second entry instead of making a whole new post for it. Also you need to edit your pictures to be 350x350; they're too large currently. Both your entries have a colored background (your skydancer has a white background and the imperial has a grey one). You need to make these transparent or they won't even get a chance :( Lastly, (more questions than tips) did you edit the shadow and line art layers? the skydancer looks like you put a filter over the line art, which isn't allowed unfortunately. and is there a reason that entry is so noisy?

Good luck!
it makes me sad that so many good skins wont win just because the artists dont follow the skin making directions and makes the skins way too dark / makes the lineart too light / alters the shadow layer / and stuff like that
it makes me sad that so many good skins wont win just because the artists dont follow the skin making directions and makes the skins way too dark / makes the lineart too light / alters the shadow layer / and stuff like that
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
@Nekron
Yours is one of the few entries I've seen that does the granite layer on the wings justice. Well done, I really like your entry :D
You should clean up that back leg facing closest us though, I see some color spilling out and I don't know if they'd let that slide!
(oh no... I didn't mean to make that a rock pun xux;; )
@Nekron
Yours is one of the few entries I've seen that does the granite layer on the wings justice. Well done, I really like your entry :D
You should clean up that back leg facing closest us though, I see some color spilling out and I don't know if they'd let that slide!
(oh no... I didn't mean to make that a rock pun xux;; )
WdB6uBe.pngBB.gif
@Mutisija yeah I've been thinking that too. [u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=skins][b]I think a few people need a revision of the custom skin rules.[/b][/url][/u] Also as far as shadow layer altering - you're allowed to TINT it. That's it. (I found that out while revising them before submitting my entries). I'd try and keep it in the same value range though, but it can help bring out colors in a skin. I used a rose tint on my second imperial entry - I've got the comparison here. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Tz4SaTF.png[/img] No Tint [img]http://i.imgur.com/jMGa1ji.png[/img] Rose Tint[/center] So Tinting your shadow layer can make a world of difference. Just putting that out there as a bit of a tip for fellow skinners :>
@Mutisija yeah I've been thinking that too.
I think a few people need a revision of the custom skin rules.

Also as far as shadow layer altering - you're allowed to TINT it. That's it. (I found that out while revising them before submitting my entries). I'd try and keep it in the same value range though, but it can help bring out colors in a skin. I used a rose tint on my second imperial entry - I've got the comparison here.
Tz4SaTF.png
No Tint
jMGa1ji.png
Rose Tint

So Tinting your shadow layer can make a world of difference. Just putting that out there as a bit of a tip for fellow skinners :>
CioCFC3.png
tRvB8Xn.png
bYt72YT.png
___Art + Social Media

___Avalon Isle Hatchery
_________________________xmwjuQa.png
As a bit of a request, if you guys are using textures that you did not paint yourself, please include a version of your skin without the texture.

I'm noticing a lot of rock textures pasted into wings and such. Some of these textures are photos, while some of them are carefully painted by the artist. The former is not something we encourage and are probably not great candidates to win because of copyright issues. (as noted in the rules, the use of texture is discouraged.)

Thank you!
As a bit of a request, if you guys are using textures that you did not paint yourself, please include a version of your skin without the texture.

I'm noticing a lot of rock textures pasted into wings and such. Some of these textures are photos, while some of them are carefully painted by the artist. The former is not something we encourage and are probably not great candidates to win because of copyright issues. (as noted in the rules, the use of texture is discouraged.)

Thank you!
@Undel hey now, some pictures of rocks, minerals & outcrops can have several dozen hours' worth of work behind them. I wouldn't say my acrylic work is more 'carefully painted' than the work someone who uses an airbrush or computer. Discourage the misuse or stealing (especially stealing!) of these fine geologic photos and encourage your style rule but try not to cheapen what's been put into some of these rock-pics maybe?
@Undel hey now, some pictures of rocks, minerals & outcrops can have several dozen hours' worth of work behind them. I wouldn't say my acrylic work is more 'carefully painted' than the work someone who uses an airbrush or computer. Discourage the misuse or stealing (especially stealing!) of these fine geologic photos and encourage your style rule but try not to cheapen what's been put into some of these rock-pics maybe?
[quote]...if you guys are using textures [b]that you did not paint yourself, [/b]please include a version of your skin without the texture.[/quote] If you painted the texture yourself, great. In the case of your acrylic, if it could easily be mistaken for real stone, perhaps consider attaching a photo of your painting. :-) But if it's painted yourself, its' fine. We want to avoid people using google images in their skins, as that presents several copyright infringement issues and is disrespectful to the photographer of said images.
Quote:
...if you guys are using textures that you did not paint yourself, please include a version of your skin without the texture.

If you painted the texture yourself, great. In the case of your acrylic, if it could easily be mistaken for real stone, perhaps consider attaching a photo of your painting. :-) But if it's painted yourself, its' fine. We want to avoid people using google images in their skins, as that presents several copyright infringement issues and is disrespectful to the photographer of said images.
[quote][img]http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af184/fictionbad1/glowfungus2_zps1bda4f87.png[/img] [b]Glow Wyrm[/b] Modeled after this. [url=http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/artful-amoeba/files/2012/05/Spellbound-Glowworms-at-end-of-cave_600.jpg]Ref[/url][/quote] What do you guys think? EDIT: Picture
Quote:
glowfungus2_zps1bda4f87.png

Glow Wyrm

Modeled after this. Ref

What do you guys think?

EDIT:

Picture
utoOrTH.png
Dawnskimmer Refuge

Accents | Lore | Wishlist
Need some opinion on this one thinking of making the belly a marble/ivory and the rest a time of limestone with hints of darker stone. the wings are hard T^T, still havent clean the edges [img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/7c12877ebc8dae9f60d6c604443ff74f/tumblr_mwgbo2Hf3U1sgtp41o1_400.png[/img] Before you say anything, i have not used any textures at all.
Need some opinion on this one

thinking of making the belly a marble/ivory and the rest a time of limestone with hints of darker stone.

the wings are hard T^T, still havent clean the edges

tumblr_mwgbo2Hf3U1sgtp41o1_400.png

Before you say anything, i have not used any textures at all.
YCP7KAY.png
Signature by Encore
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 51 52