Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Obscure video games
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14
@KKwolfheart glad to meet another AA fan!
Are you planning on watching the anime? It's pretty good so far - it follows the game well and has the same type of humor and dialogue so if you like the games you'll probably like that too! (It has spoilers for the first games tho so be careful)
@KKwolfheart glad to meet another AA fan!
Are you planning on watching the anime? It's pretty good so far - it follows the game well and has the same type of humor and dialogue so if you like the games you'll probably like that too! (It has spoilers for the first games tho so be careful)
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
Zoocube, it's a puzzle game. Its definitely interesting, and a good time waster.
Zoocube, it's a puzzle game. Its definitely interesting, and a good time waster.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif Fear not child, the Shadows will protect you.tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif
It makes me happy to see other people mention TWEWY. I loved that game so much!

I saw someone say Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon, but how about some other Chocobo games like Chocobo's Dungeon 2 and Chocobo Racing for the PSOne, and Chocobo Tales for DS? Those were great and there was a rumor Chocobo Racing was going to be ported to the 3DS but it never happened.

I've never ever seen anyone who remembers Robopon. It's like a mix of Pokemon and Metabots and it was so much fun but really difficult.

I feel like Monster Rancher should be more well-known than what it is because it was such a good series. The only major complaint I have about it is none of the games had all of the monsters. Why can't I have a game with both Xenon and Ripper? ;~;

I also kinda want to say Shin Megami Tensei because people tend to forget about it in favor of Persona, but I'll always like SMT better. I actually just bought SMT Devil Survivor 2 on sale this week (after waiting ONE YEAR for it to have a price drop) and have SMT IV Apocalypse preordered. It's so nice that for once my favorite demon (Mothman <3) is a popular one so it's in every game.
It makes me happy to see other people mention TWEWY. I loved that game so much!

I saw someone say Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon, but how about some other Chocobo games like Chocobo's Dungeon 2 and Chocobo Racing for the PSOne, and Chocobo Tales for DS? Those were great and there was a rumor Chocobo Racing was going to be ported to the 3DS but it never happened.

I've never ever seen anyone who remembers Robopon. It's like a mix of Pokemon and Metabots and it was so much fun but really difficult.

I feel like Monster Rancher should be more well-known than what it is because it was such a good series. The only major complaint I have about it is none of the games had all of the monsters. Why can't I have a game with both Xenon and Ripper? ;~;

I also kinda want to say Shin Megami Tensei because people tend to forget about it in favor of Persona, but I'll always like SMT better. I actually just bought SMT Devil Survivor 2 on sale this week (after waiting ONE YEAR for it to have a price drop) and have SMT IV Apocalypse preordered. It's so nice that for once my favorite demon (Mothman <3) is a popular one so it's in every game.
There's a game on Steam called The Room that I really loved. It's an intricate puzzle game. You start off with a box in a room. You have to figure out how to open the box and then each new level involves opening a new layer of puzzles. There's a story woven into it, too, that threads the whole thing together but gosh it was fun. And there are all kinds of tricky little bits and details and stuff only visible from certain angles and whatnot. A little frustrating at times, but still loads of fun if you're into that sort of thing.
There's a game on Steam called The Room that I really loved. It's an intricate puzzle game. You start off with a box in a room. You have to figure out how to open the box and then each new level involves opening a new layer of puzzles. There's a story woven into it, too, that threads the whole thing together but gosh it was fun. And there are all kinds of tricky little bits and details and stuff only visible from certain angles and whatnot. A little frustrating at times, but still loads of fun if you're into that sort of thing.
tumblr_inline_ojsvh3EcyM1r076v1_75sq.png Aliit. Buirkan. Tor.
@Vehementis There's a secret level from Soul Blazer that you can play in Illusion of Gaia, so I knew that it existed (although I never thought of purchasing it for myself). I didn't realize it was also related, though... yeah, now I'm gonna have to grab that cart, too.

Poor Europe. Poor us! It's weird which games pass over Europe--or the US--or both. *cough* I found a version that'll play on US SNESes and made a bid. Let's see if I can get it lol

I'll check out the website if I lose though. Thank you so much for the link.

If you do play, you've gotta let me know how you like it. It's such an odd experience.
@Vehementis There's a secret level from Soul Blazer that you can play in Illusion of Gaia, so I knew that it existed (although I never thought of purchasing it for myself). I didn't realize it was also related, though... yeah, now I'm gonna have to grab that cart, too.

Poor Europe. Poor us! It's weird which games pass over Europe--or the US--or both. *cough* I found a version that'll play on US SNESes and made a bid. Let's see if I can get it lol

I'll check out the website if I lose though. Thank you so much for the link.

If you do play, you've gotta let me know how you like it. It's such an odd experience.
@Mediemdee i remember looking around for a long time for Shadows of Amalur when i was a kid. I think i played 2 of them and still have the one i mentioned.

Knights Contract for the 360. A fictious story that takes place after the salem witch trials. Main character (the executioner) gets cursed with imortality by one of the last witches. 100 years later destruction is revenging the place (monsters, plague, famine, yadahyadah) then he comes across that same witch who is trying to stop her revived and vengeful sisters. Basic hack and slash but the final boss exicutions are quicktimes (special to each boss).

Another game i'm sure some people have heard of since the latest ds addition is golden sun (book 1 and 2). My opinion is to play those vs the new ds one, though.
@Mediemdee i remember looking around for a long time for Shadows of Amalur when i was a kid. I think i played 2 of them and still have the one i mentioned.

Knights Contract for the 360. A fictious story that takes place after the salem witch trials. Main character (the executioner) gets cursed with imortality by one of the last witches. 100 years later destruction is revenging the place (monsters, plague, famine, yadahyadah) then he comes across that same witch who is trying to stop her revived and vengeful sisters. Basic hack and slash but the final boss exicutions are quicktimes (special to each boss).

Another game i'm sure some people have heard of since the latest ds addition is golden sun (book 1 and 2). My opinion is to play those vs the new ds one, though.
@Watchword
I remember you can find the developers in Terranigma, stating they're working on Illusion of Gaia 2. xD So there are some loose connections, but luckily, it doesn't matter in which order you play them.

I heard that SNES games like Final Fantasy IV, V and VI, Super Mario RPG and Earthbound also didn't make it to europe. We missed ALOT of the good RPGs and adventures. To be honest, I have never been a great RPG fan, but Terranigma was always an exception.

And I hope you get it, and that it works fine on your system. And let me know how you find it, especially the bizarre world and music. Those were probably the main reasons why the game fascinated me as a child.
@Watchword
I remember you can find the developers in Terranigma, stating they're working on Illusion of Gaia 2. xD So there are some loose connections, but luckily, it doesn't matter in which order you play them.

I heard that SNES games like Final Fantasy IV, V and VI, Super Mario RPG and Earthbound also didn't make it to europe. We missed ALOT of the good RPGs and adventures. To be honest, I have never been a great RPG fan, but Terranigma was always an exception.

And I hope you get it, and that it works fine on your system. And let me know how you find it, especially the bizarre world and music. Those were probably the main reasons why the game fascinated me as a child.
Etherlords II. It's some sort of card-game wehere you summon creatures and use spells and therelike. It's actually quite fun, but not many people seem to know about it.

Also, it got some very fascinating monster designs. Centaurid mantis-people, floating shells with tentacles and even a whole race of giger-esque cyborg monsters. I like weid monsters, and it's got plenty.
It's available kinda cheap of Steam, if anyone wants to take a look at it. I highly recommend it. While it has its flaws, it's definitly worth a shot.
Etherlords II. It's some sort of card-game wehere you summon creatures and use spells and therelike. It's actually quite fun, but not many people seem to know about it.

Also, it got some very fascinating monster designs. Centaurid mantis-people, floating shells with tentacles and even a whole race of giger-esque cyborg monsters. I like weid monsters, and it's got plenty.
It's available kinda cheap of Steam, if anyone wants to take a look at it. I highly recommend it. While it has its flaws, it's definitly worth a shot.
Well, there's The Legend of Dark Witch, it's for the nintendo 3DS and I got it on the eshop. It's a platformer, and I really enjoyed it. The characters were nice, the music was pretty good, and it's a fun game, though it is really short.

And there's also Spore Creatures for the nintendo DS, which I played a lot when I was a little younger, so I don't remember it too much? But I did have some fun with it. And I think I might have it lying around somewhere. Not sure if I'd be able to find it tho
Well, there's The Legend of Dark Witch, it's for the nintendo 3DS and I got it on the eshop. It's a platformer, and I really enjoyed it. The characters were nice, the music was pretty good, and it's a fun game, though it is really short.

And there's also Spore Creatures for the nintendo DS, which I played a lot when I was a little younger, so I don't remember it too much? But I did have some fun with it. And I think I might have it lying around somewhere. Not sure if I'd be able to find it tho
Spr_4p_471_s.png +3 FR time

Ping me if you want me
to see your response
@Vehementis You are making my DAY.

Oh man, it sucks that you guys missed out on Final Fantasy VI! What a treat that game is. Like an interactive fantasy novel.

I will! And if you end up playing Illusion of Gaia, let me know what you thought!!
@Vehementis You are making my DAY.

Oh man, it sucks that you guys missed out on Final Fantasy VI! What a treat that game is. Like an interactive fantasy novel.

I will! And if you end up playing Illusion of Gaia, let me know what you thought!!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14