Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Obscure video games
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14
Spore Creatures for the DS. (It's a strictly 2D game, but it's so good???? )
Spore Creatures for the DS. (It's a strictly 2D game, but it's so good???? )

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
Whiplash for the PS2/Xbox has become one of my favorite games of all time since I rediscovered it a few months ago. It's a solid platformer and has great humor, but it's sadly overlooked. The game puts you in the role of a weasel and a rabbit who are trying to escape from an evil animal testing facility while trying to destroy the company from the inside as they make their escape.

Whiplash for the PS2/Xbox has become one of my favorite games of all time since I rediscovered it a few months ago. It's a solid platformer and has great humor, but it's sadly overlooked. The game puts you in the role of a weasel and a rabbit who are trying to escape from an evil animal testing facility while trying to destroy the company from the inside as they make their escape.

6wR17En.png
I've never found anyone who would've heard of the Ar Tonelico or Valkyrie Profile series, which I find a bit odd. I wouldn't think they really are that obscure.
I've never found anyone who would've heard of the Ar Tonelico or Valkyrie Profile series, which I find a bit odd. I wouldn't think they really are that obscure.
LIo8D8G.gif
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon for Wii/DS. It was a nice addition to spinoff FF series, unfortunately the DS version wasn't released outside Japan.
Also, Trace Memory was a good point-and-click/mystery game for DS. From what I remember there is name difference between US/EU versions, though.

@GoldenBeetle
I've heard of Ar Tonelico. Still haven't finished any game, but the fact that it has it's own, usable language, great soundtrack and interesting worldbuilding is great enough.
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon for Wii/DS. It was a nice addition to spinoff FF series, unfortunately the DS version wasn't released outside Japan.
Also, Trace Memory was a good point-and-click/mystery game for DS. From what I remember there is name difference between US/EU versions, though.

@GoldenBeetle
I've heard of Ar Tonelico. Still haven't finished any game, but the fact that it has it's own, usable language, great soundtrack and interesting worldbuilding is great enough.
art shop
free tiny dragon bases

Please ping me if you want me to notice your post for sure!
chenpi_sig.png
Folklore for the PS3 is one of my favourite games of all time, but other than my roommate (who introduced it to me), no one I know has heard of it. ;n; It's beautiful and unique and I love it. I need to replay it soon.
Folklore for the PS3 is one of my favourite games of all time, but other than my roommate (who introduced it to me), no one I know has heard of it. ;n; It's beautiful and unique and I love it. I need to replay it soon.
copy my UN when pinging me cuz it's hard to spell
@Vehementis There is an UNOFFICIAL SEQUEL?

Excuse me, I've got to tear out of this forum and tackle Ebay with my whole body.

(Please try Illusion of Gaia; it's a trip. Wonderful experience!)
@Vehementis There is an UNOFFICIAL SEQUEL?

Excuse me, I've got to tear out of this forum and tackle Ebay with my whole body.

(Please try Illusion of Gaia; it's a trip. Wonderful experience!)
Also, as anyone heard of Splashdown? It was some weird racer game but it was with Jet-skis instead of cars with a lot of Tony Hawk-esque elements -- like a point-based trick system.
Also, as anyone heard of Splashdown? It was some weird racer game but it was with Jet-skis instead of cars with a lot of Tony Hawk-esque elements -- like a point-based trick system.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
@Hawktalon Someone else who's played drawn to life? I love you, you amazing person. Its one of my favorite games of all time and I've replayed both the games so much I've lost track of how many times!
I also love The legendary Starfy and the Shin Megami Tensei series!
@Hawktalon Someone else who's played drawn to life? I love you, you amazing person. Its one of my favorite games of all time and I've replayed both the games so much I've lost track of how many times!
I also love The legendary Starfy and the Shin Megami Tensei series!
h1d7LhT.png
@Watchword
Yes, there is! Actually Illusion of Gaia is part of a trilogy, the Soul Blazer series. They are all not connected to each other, but have certain similarities in style and story.
Unfortunately I haven't played Soul Blazer as well. I'm sure, the soundtrack and plot is amazing in all 3 games.

It's unfortunate that Terranigma was never released in the US. But on the other hand Chrono Trigger and other RPGs were never released in europe, that counterbalances...
I'm sure there're NTSC versions of Terranigma on cartridges available, nothing licensed, but better than nothing!
I'm not sure how good retrogamerryan.com is, but I planned on buying Chrono Trigger and Kaizo Mario from there, when I got some spare money.

And I will play it for sure! :D
Once I had the chance to buy it in a store, but now it's a bit cheaper in Ebay.
@Watchword
Yes, there is! Actually Illusion of Gaia is part of a trilogy, the Soul Blazer series. They are all not connected to each other, but have certain similarities in style and story.
Unfortunately I haven't played Soul Blazer as well. I'm sure, the soundtrack and plot is amazing in all 3 games.

It's unfortunate that Terranigma was never released in the US. But on the other hand Chrono Trigger and other RPGs were never released in europe, that counterbalances...
I'm sure there're NTSC versions of Terranigma on cartridges available, nothing licensed, but better than nothing!
I'm not sure how good retrogamerryan.com is, but I planned on buying Chrono Trigger and Kaizo Mario from there, when I got some spare money.

And I will play it for sure! :D
Once I had the chance to buy it in a store, but now it's a bit cheaper in Ebay.
@TheAlchemist

I've actually just started playing Ace Attorney and I love it! I'm honestly surprised I had not found out about it until this past month, and it was only because my cousin showed me The Turntable Turnabout (Mystery Skulls - Money) on youtube.... I find it a bit weird how that worked out, but I'm happy to be playing it now. :D
@TheAlchemist

I've actually just started playing Ace Attorney and I love it! I'm honestly surprised I had not found out about it until this past month, and it was only because my cousin showed me The Turntable Turnabout (Mystery Skulls - Money) on youtube.... I find it a bit weird how that worked out, but I'm happy to be playing it now. :D
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14