Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opinions of Dragon Flipping
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
It's fine to flip dragons, I don't see the difference between buying dragons to resell and buying items to resell, but some people still feel some weird sense of ownership over dragons, even after they've put them in the AH.

I've been flipping fodder and gen ones since I joined the site in 2014, I have a note at the top of my profile that explains that a lot of dragons I buy for cheap will probably be resold at some point. I've never had any rude messages from any of the people whose dragons I've bought thankfully. ^-^; I've had a couple of mails when I bought something for super cheap, politely asking if they could buy them back as they'd mispriced them, and I've always returned them. When I do buy a dragon for an unusually cheap price I try to keep hold of them for a little while in case someone wants them back.
It's fine to flip dragons, I don't see the difference between buying dragons to resell and buying items to resell, but some people still feel some weird sense of ownership over dragons, even after they've put them in the AH.

I've been flipping fodder and gen ones since I joined the site in 2014, I have a note at the top of my profile that explains that a lot of dragons I buy for cheap will probably be resold at some point. I've never had any rude messages from any of the people whose dragons I've bought thankfully. ^-^; I've had a couple of mails when I bought something for super cheap, politely asking if they could buy them back as they'd mispriced them, and I've always returned them. When I do buy a dragon for an unusually cheap price I try to keep hold of them for a little while in case someone wants them back.
100% okay with flipping. If you didn't want a dragon anymore and you've sold it you have no right to complain about what happens to it. It could even end up in a new home with someone who actually wants it.

What surprises me is that some people even notice what happened to a dragon they sold! I guess some people look up their former dragons to see their fate. I have no time or desire to do that.
100% okay with flipping. If you didn't want a dragon anymore and you've sold it you have no right to complain about what happens to it. It could even end up in a new home with someone who actually wants it.

What surprises me is that some people even notice what happened to a dragon they sold! I guess some people look up their former dragons to see their fate. I have no time or desire to do that.
I do it all the time, mostly by sniping fodder priced way under the current lowest price. So I'm totally fine with it!
I do it all the time, mostly by sniping fodder priced way under the current lowest price. So I'm totally fine with it!
Looking for 27s! Help me out? // She/hers pronouns please. :)
WEAK for matchy accent colors on G1s and old dragons.
[quote name="Zog" date=2016-06-24 08:32:33] What surprises me is that some people even notice what happened to a dragon they sold! I guess some people look up their former dragons to see their fate. I have no time or desire to do that. [/quote] Yup I guess some are just curious about where does the dragon go. Myself, I've found out once, I've sold a G1 super cheaply and later I've accidentally found it auctioned in a thread. Made me smile.
Zog wrote on 2016-06-24:

Yup I guess some are just curious about where does the dragon go. Myself, I've found out once, I've sold a G1 super cheaply and later I've accidentally found it auctioned in a thread. Made me smile.
wind_small.pngnFwZQAF.gifImLwTCX.png
Flipping dragons, in my opinion, is more than just OK. It's a vital part of the dragon economy. The dragon dollars must flow. Lair space must be cleared for breeders to continue breeding. And of course, Dom must continue to happen, in all its vaguely-salty glory.
Flipping dragons, in my opinion, is more than just OK. It's a vital part of the dragon economy. The dragon dollars must flow. Lair space must be cleared for breeders to continue breeding. And of course, Dom must continue to happen, in all its vaguely-salty glory.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
It makes me feel stupid, like someone is laughing at me.
It makes me feel stupid, like someone is laughing at me.
I get a LITTLE annoyed, but only if I notice. Mostly I realize it's stupid to be annoyed and decide to feel stupidly superior. "WELL GOOD LUCK SELLING FOR MORE"
I get a LITTLE annoyed, but only if I notice. Mostly I realize it's stupid to be annoyed and decide to feel stupidly superior. "WELL GOOD LUCK SELLING FOR MORE"
tumblr_o91sbhrJ591u5w39do2_500.png[/url]
I've done it plenty of times, usually I buy hatchlings in bulk and wait for a huge dom battle before reselling them
I've done it plenty of times, usually I buy hatchlings in bulk and wait for a huge dom battle before reselling them
It's awesome! I do it sometimes (I should do it more) and I don't mind when other people do it with my dragons - when I sell them that low, I really just want the lair space and a little spare change, and I'm happy if someone else with more space to spare can turn a little profit with some patience.
It's awesome! I do it sometimes (I should do it more) and I don't mind when other people do it with my dragons - when I sell them that low, I really just want the lair space and a little spare change, and I'm happy if someone else with more space to spare can turn a little profit with some patience.
79645518.png81164874.png81260751.png81324635.png
I'm fine with it. My opinion is, once the dragon is in your lair, you're free to do whatever you want with it.
I'm fine with it. My opinion is, once the dragon is in your lair, you're free to do whatever you want with it.
kY5nwhE.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8