Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | surviving long enough to charge eliminat
my dragons waste a lot of time on scratches in the first round and my dragon with eliminate has no health by the time her eliminate is charged. this isn't a problem when I have my healer but when I'm leveling fodder it's a pain :/

how do people get around this to make glass cannons actually useable for leveling fodder?
my dragons waste a lot of time on scratches in the first round and my dragon with eliminate has no health by the time her eliminate is charged. this isn't a problem when I have my healer but when I'm leveling fodder it's a pain :/

how do people get around this to make glass cannons actually useable for leveling fodder?
H0GRpN2.png
@veggiestew
For me it depends on the enemy. I of course always start with Rally and then begin my scratch-fest. If I'm against enemies that I know will A. Only do melee attacks and/or B. Are super effective against my dragons, then I aim to destroy them first as fast as I can, even if this means I don't have 2 Eliminates worth of energy yet. It may take me 2 battles to get where I want energy wise, but surviving the battles long enough to keep the energy is more important to me.

Then again, I level fodder one at a time and usually have my healer with me to back me up, so my Glass Cannon isn't always taking all the hits.
@veggiestew
For me it depends on the enemy. I of course always start with Rally and then begin my scratch-fest. If I'm against enemies that I know will A. Only do melee attacks and/or B. Are super effective against my dragons, then I aim to destroy them first as fast as I can, even if this means I don't have 2 Eliminates worth of energy yet. It may take me 2 battles to get where I want energy wise, but surviving the battles long enough to keep the energy is more important to me.

Then again, I level fodder one at a time and usually have my healer with me to back me up, so my Glass Cannon isn't always taking all the hits.
TOW2n3q.png
@bowno does rally depend on the intellect or strength points (ie do i give it to my mage or my cannon
@bowno does rally depend on the intellect or strength points (ie do i give it to my mage or my cannon
H0GRpN2.png
@veggiestew
I'm pretty sure it feeds off Int, so it would be best to stick it on a mage dragon.
Also to have the mage dragon in the first slot so that it can get off the Rally first is very helpful.
@veggiestew
I'm pretty sure it feeds off Int, so it would be best to stick it on a mage dragon.
Also to have the mage dragon in the first slot so that it can get off the Rally first is very helpful.
TOW2n3q.png
@veggiestew @Bowno
Rally is level-dependent. It gives str of your caster's lvl+5.
@veggiestew @Bowno
Rally is level-dependent. It gives str of your caster's lvl+5.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
@veggiestew Do you have Ambush stones on your dragons? Those free extra turns make a big difference.
@veggiestew Do you have Ambush stones on your dragons? Those free extra turns make a big difference.
@veggiespeed High speed and Ambushes. Haste can be helpful as well. Also use your breath-building turns on meditating, non-super-effective enemies when possible. What build are you using, btw? And where are you trying to train?
@veggiespeed High speed and Ambushes. Haste can be helpful as well. Also use your breath-building turns on meditating, non-super-effective enemies when possible. What build are you using, btw? And where are you trying to train?
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@veggiestew
Make sure your dragons are fully stoned (I like Culex's guide!), and if need be refresh the battle until you get enemies that are mages for your first round - physical attackers will knock out your hp right away, while casters give you some time to hit them and charge eliminate before they hit back.
@veggiestew
Make sure your dragons are fully stoned (I like Culex's guide!), and if need be refresh the battle until you get enemies that are mages for your first round - physical attackers will knock out your hp right away, while casters give you some time to hit them and charge eliminate before they hit back.
+3 FR time
tumblr_inline_njviwo2B9Z1qg2i5p.png
@veggiestew

You've sacrificed speed for more health and the trade-off is not working in your favor. If you'd prefer to not tincture your dragons to different stats, I would suggest this lineup for your dragons:

Slot 1: Exalt
Slot 2: Dragon without Eliminate (must have an Ambush, two is really recommended)
Slot 3: Dragon with Eliminate

Stones:

If you don't already have one, put Haste on the dragon without Eliminate.
Add Sap to both dragons if they don't already have it.
Berserkers if you don't already have them.

Battle Order:

Refresh until you get all casters or only 1 physical attacker pack or a 2 attacker pack. Once you have one, Slot 2 dragon casts Haste on Slot 3 dragon so it can build breath faster (Haste also builds breath for Slot 2 dragon and heals Slot 3 dragon a minor amount based on INT--do not increase INT to take advantage of this).

You'll build breath a little quicker and Haste heals at the end of the battle so you get a teensy amount of health for the next round. At your level most enemies need a Scratch+Eliminate to go down so you might as well have the Scratch only dragon go first.

I'd suggest buying a second Eliminate when it's affordable or else sit in the Boreal Woods to level and train for as long as you can; the bosses in the other venues will destroy you with an exalt in tow and that venue drops both Ambush and Eliminate.

Good luck!
@veggiestew

You've sacrificed speed for more health and the trade-off is not working in your favor. If you'd prefer to not tincture your dragons to different stats, I would suggest this lineup for your dragons:

Slot 1: Exalt
Slot 2: Dragon without Eliminate (must have an Ambush, two is really recommended)
Slot 3: Dragon with Eliminate

Stones:

If you don't already have one, put Haste on the dragon without Eliminate.
Add Sap to both dragons if they don't already have it.
Berserkers if you don't already have them.

Battle Order:

Refresh until you get all casters or only 1 physical attacker pack or a 2 attacker pack. Once you have one, Slot 2 dragon casts Haste on Slot 3 dragon so it can build breath faster (Haste also builds breath for Slot 2 dragon and heals Slot 3 dragon a minor amount based on INT--do not increase INT to take advantage of this).

You'll build breath a little quicker and Haste heals at the end of the battle so you get a teensy amount of health for the next round. At your level most enemies need a Scratch+Eliminate to go down so you might as well have the Scratch only dragon go first.

I'd suggest buying a second Eliminate when it's affordable or else sit in the Boreal Woods to level and train for as long as you can; the bosses in the other venues will destroy you with an exalt in tow and that venue drops both Ambush and Eliminate.

Good luck!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?