Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Family Reunion - [PRIVATE]
1 2
@Pancakejake

"It's merely a case of Nature VS Nurture isn't it? Where one grows defines how they turn out and all that stuff" she murmured, almost too quietly for the male to hear. Saying it more to herself than anything else. Her eyes focusing forwards as she heard him call out for his father.

To say she didn't feel that usual slight pang of jealousy would be a lie. Although she had come to terms and accepted the lack of 'real parents' that most seemed to have. Never really having anyone she could call a 'mother' and 'father' due to the shared responsibilities the Nursery Queens had with the young. But a part of her most certainly had longed for the wish of meeting her birthparents most of her life.

At the sight of the Skydancer she tilted her head ever so slightly to the side,
"Your father is the one who I will be waiting with?" .
@Pancakejake

"It's merely a case of Nature VS Nurture isn't it? Where one grows defines how they turn out and all that stuff" she murmured, almost too quietly for the male to hear. Saying it more to herself than anything else. Her eyes focusing forwards as she heard him call out for his father.

To say she didn't feel that usual slight pang of jealousy would be a lie. Although she had come to terms and accepted the lack of 'real parents' that most seemed to have. Never really having anyone she could call a 'mother' and 'father' due to the shared responsibilities the Nursery Queens had with the young. But a part of her most certainly had longed for the wish of meeting her birthparents most of her life.

At the sight of the Skydancer she tilted her head ever so slightly to the side,
"Your father is the one who I will be waiting with?" .
@PancakeJake

It was hard to not be distracted. Deimyas sighed softly, looking at the bones, almost tempted to grab one and give it a closer look. They were all so gnarled, from so many different creatures, and all utterly impossible to not feel sick looking at. Her own clan had been involved in this to, as if to pay tribute to some great lunatic, addicted to the view of skeletons and bones. It was no wonder that her father was worried.

Deimyas turned when she heard her father do the same. She looked over to the entrance of the clan and smiled, noticing Orion leading another Pearlcatcher by his side. He'd grown so much, and his wings were - compared to her own - simply enormous. She smiled and called out, standing by their fathers side.

"Orion! It is so good to see you again!"
@PancakeJake

It was hard to not be distracted. Deimyas sighed softly, looking at the bones, almost tempted to grab one and give it a closer look. They were all so gnarled, from so many different creatures, and all utterly impossible to not feel sick looking at. Her own clan had been involved in this to, as if to pay tribute to some great lunatic, addicted to the view of skeletons and bones. It was no wonder that her father was worried.

Deimyas turned when she heard her father do the same. She looked over to the entrance of the clan and smiled, noticing Orion leading another Pearlcatcher by his side. He'd grown so much, and his wings were - compared to her own - simply enormous. She smiled and called out, standing by their fathers side.

"Orion! It is so good to see you again!"
@MelzyQ @TrackingLunacy

Orion felt a wave of emotion crash over him. His sister had returned! It had been so long since he saw her last and she had grown so much! But his father seemed, confused, surprised, and angry all in one. Had he done something wrong?
"Deimyas! I've missed you so much, how are you?" He rushed up to his sibling. "Oh, Dad, this is...." he had entirely forgotten to ask her name. "She is here on behalf of Clan Aspekterne, she wanted to see the Queen but...."
Ares nodded. "I understand. Queen Pandora is unavailable at this time. You may speak to me, instead."
@MelzyQ @TrackingLunacy

Orion felt a wave of emotion crash over him. His sister had returned! It had been so long since he saw her last and she had grown so much! But his father seemed, confused, surprised, and angry all in one. Had he done something wrong?
"Deimyas! I've missed you so much, how are you?" He rushed up to his sibling. "Oh, Dad, this is...." he had entirely forgotten to ask her name. "She is here on behalf of Clan Aspekterne, she wanted to see the Queen but...."
Ares nodded. "I understand. Queen Pandora is unavailable at this time. You may speak to me, instead."
@pancakejake

Lyra angled her ears slightly forwards, frowning ever so slightly,
"Not to disrespect, sir. But my duty is to pass on a delivery to the Queen herself, as much as I wish to pass on the information and gifts to you I was given strict orders to see Queen Pandora herself. If I do not, I will be punished most severely" she kept her voice firm, holding herself a little taller now. She was definitely tiny still in comparison to the others, a runt if anything.
"I will be happy to wait for a meeting with the queen."
@pancakejake

Lyra angled her ears slightly forwards, frowning ever so slightly,
"Not to disrespect, sir. But my duty is to pass on a delivery to the Queen herself, as much as I wish to pass on the information and gifts to you I was given strict orders to see Queen Pandora herself. If I do not, I will be punished most severely" she kept her voice firm, holding herself a little taller now. She was definitely tiny still in comparison to the others, a runt if anything.
"I will be happy to wait for a meeting with the queen."
@PancakeJake

Deimyas looked the at the third Pearlcatcher, a little quizzically. For some reason, she seemed very familiar. She seemed like someone Deimyas had known once, but she just couldn't recall in what way. Perhaps it was just that they looked so similar. It didn't matter right now. She returned her attention to Orion, and rather awkwardly leapt up onto her hind legs, to give her larger brother a big embrace.

"It has been too long, brother! And far too painful! I am well, I have spent my time mingling with the Ribut Koty, and I have found a place there in the Shifting Expanse. Are you okay? Things seem so different around here."
@PancakeJake

Deimyas looked the at the third Pearlcatcher, a little quizzically. For some reason, she seemed very familiar. She seemed like someone Deimyas had known once, but she just couldn't recall in what way. Perhaps it was just that they looked so similar. It didn't matter right now. She returned her attention to Orion, and rather awkwardly leapt up onto her hind legs, to give her larger brother a big embrace.

"It has been too long, brother! And far too painful! I am well, I have spent my time mingling with the Ribut Koty, and I have found a place there in the Shifting Expanse. Are you okay? Things seem so different around here."
1 2