Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Family Reunion - [PRIVATE]
1 2
((Continuation of a PM RP to include multiple players. This RP is private, please respect that!))

And here's what you missed on GLEE;
Lyra, of Clan Aspekterne, has taken the role of courier to meet with Pandora, Queen of Tartarus. She comes in contact with Orion of Tartarus, and neither Pearlcatcher know they are in fact siblings, as Lyra was stolen from Tartarus as an egg, and Orion's parents never mentioned he had a second sister. Deimays (along side Calbazh) has travelled from the Ribut Koty to return to her birth Clan, having left for greater adventures when she was younger. She is greeted by her father, Ares.

@TrackingLunacy

Ares smiled at his daughter, so happy to see her after all these years.
"Tartarus is going well. We are still small but we have established more trade routes, as you might have guessed, and are expanding." he looked over to the Wildclaws, still occasionally snapping at each other and nudging the Spiral to play. His eyes drifted to the Spiral. "And who is this?" his voice was warm and welcoming. It was unusual to come across such hospitality from Tartarus. Usually guests were allowed to complete what they had come to do and then sent on their way without a second thought.

~

@MelzyQ

The male Pearlcatcher stared at Lyra. How dare she? Once told that the Queen was unavailable she didn't even ask if it was fine to wait, but stated she was going to anyway. Orion frowned at her, mimicking her 'hmph' out of habit when things didn't go his way.
"I can't guarantee she'll be available any time soon." he looked her up and down. There was still something so strange about this Pearlcatcher, and he couldn't put his finger on it. Oh well. He spun on his heel and began to walk her towards the main entrance of his Clan, glancing behind him to make sure she was following. "I'd say the quicker we get there the shorter you have to wait, but I'd be lying."
((Continuation of a PM RP to include multiple players. This RP is private, please respect that!))

And here's what you missed on GLEE;
Lyra, of Clan Aspekterne, has taken the role of courier to meet with Pandora, Queen of Tartarus. She comes in contact with Orion of Tartarus, and neither Pearlcatcher know they are in fact siblings, as Lyra was stolen from Tartarus as an egg, and Orion's parents never mentioned he had a second sister. Deimays (along side Calbazh) has travelled from the Ribut Koty to return to her birth Clan, having left for greater adventures when she was younger. She is greeted by her father, Ares.

@TrackingLunacy

Ares smiled at his daughter, so happy to see her after all these years.
"Tartarus is going well. We are still small but we have established more trade routes, as you might have guessed, and are expanding." he looked over to the Wildclaws, still occasionally snapping at each other and nudging the Spiral to play. His eyes drifted to the Spiral. "And who is this?" his voice was warm and welcoming. It was unusual to come across such hospitality from Tartarus. Usually guests were allowed to complete what they had come to do and then sent on their way without a second thought.

~

@MelzyQ

The male Pearlcatcher stared at Lyra. How dare she? Once told that the Queen was unavailable she didn't even ask if it was fine to wait, but stated she was going to anyway. Orion frowned at her, mimicking her 'hmph' out of habit when things didn't go his way.
"I can't guarantee she'll be available any time soon." he looked her up and down. There was still something so strange about this Pearlcatcher, and he couldn't put his finger on it. Oh well. He spun on his heel and began to walk her towards the main entrance of his Clan, glancing behind him to make sure she was following. "I'd say the quicker we get there the shorter you have to wait, but I'd be lying."
@Pancakejake

She gave the slightest of eyerolls the moment the male had turned his back, her wings twitching ever so faintly as shadowed eyes glanced across his figure. 'Men' she couldn't help but think to herself as she began to follow behind him, listening to his words and taking note on the fact had made sure she was following. As if she wouldn't be though??

"Do you always prefer walking over flying or do you not trust me to fly alongside you into the clan?" she spoke calmly, letting her accent remain as obvious as ever against the tone of her voice,
"I mean, we were gifted wings for a reason and all". She gives the faintest of smirks at this, tail swaying from side to side in a rhythm that matched her footsteps.
@Pancakejake

She gave the slightest of eyerolls the moment the male had turned his back, her wings twitching ever so faintly as shadowed eyes glanced across his figure. 'Men' she couldn't help but think to herself as she began to follow behind him, listening to his words and taking note on the fact had made sure she was following. As if she wouldn't be though??

"Do you always prefer walking over flying or do you not trust me to fly alongside you into the clan?" she spoke calmly, letting her accent remain as obvious as ever against the tone of her voice,
"I mean, we were gifted wings for a reason and all". She gives the faintest of smirks at this, tail swaying from side to side in a rhythm that matched her footsteps.
@PancakeJake

The Spiral was quick to move, squirming through the air towards the elder Pearlcatcher. It wasn't that he was uncomfortable around Wildclaws, it was that he was very uncomfortable around Wildclaws. Savage beasts and little more, that was all he thought of them. He stayed in the air, looking at the elder man and clearing his throat.

"I am Calbazh, companion to Deimyas and taskmaster o-"

"This is, for lack of a better word, my protector, father. He accompanied my mission here to make a standard delivery run, and he is a valued member of the Ribut Koty. I feel I would have done fine arriving here without his presence, but I will not say it wasn't welcomed. I must assume I am allowed entry into the clan, but I may also vouch for him - if it is allowed, he is a trusted dragon. I can think of no reason to turn him away, after all of this."

Calbazh huffed. How dare she, taking his limelight away like that. For all her little worthless niceties, it undermined his position, his true worth - a worth earned by him, not given by another. He shook his head and unclipped the bag around his waist, letting the satchel down onto the ground with a hearty thud.

"Hmm, that's fine, Deimyas. I feel as if I'd just been intruding on this, lovely family moment. Don't let me ruin that for you."

It was hard to miss the disdain in his voice, and yet, still, Deimyas managed to. She bowed, smiling, and nodded to the Spiral. He turned away, rolled his eyes, and made off through the woods, deciding to return back to his home in the Ribut Koty. The young Pearlcatcher shrugged, looking back to her father.

"He is a little bit... odd. To say the least. Oh, this is the delivery, by the way."
@PancakeJake

The Spiral was quick to move, squirming through the air towards the elder Pearlcatcher. It wasn't that he was uncomfortable around Wildclaws, it was that he was very uncomfortable around Wildclaws. Savage beasts and little more, that was all he thought of them. He stayed in the air, looking at the elder man and clearing his throat.

"I am Calbazh, companion to Deimyas and taskmaster o-"

"This is, for lack of a better word, my protector, father. He accompanied my mission here to make a standard delivery run, and he is a valued member of the Ribut Koty. I feel I would have done fine arriving here without his presence, but I will not say it wasn't welcomed. I must assume I am allowed entry into the clan, but I may also vouch for him - if it is allowed, he is a trusted dragon. I can think of no reason to turn him away, after all of this."

Calbazh huffed. How dare she, taking his limelight away like that. For all her little worthless niceties, it undermined his position, his true worth - a worth earned by him, not given by another. He shook his head and unclipped the bag around his waist, letting the satchel down onto the ground with a hearty thud.

"Hmm, that's fine, Deimyas. I feel as if I'd just been intruding on this, lovely family moment. Don't let me ruin that for you."

It was hard to miss the disdain in his voice, and yet, still, Deimyas managed to. She bowed, smiling, and nodded to the Spiral. He turned away, rolled his eyes, and made off through the woods, deciding to return back to his home in the Ribut Koty. The young Pearlcatcher shrugged, looking back to her father.

"He is a little bit... odd. To say the least. Oh, this is the delivery, by the way."
@MelzyQ

Orion rolled his eyes. We were gifted wings for a reason and all, he mimicked in his head. Pretentious little sh-. He sighed heavily. "If we could fly into Tartarus we would be flying." Obviously. He continued walking through the forest, the closer to the entrance they got, the more bones appeared in the trees. Strung between branches, scattered on the floor. He moved them gently out of his way as he passed. Orion noted that the Wildclaws still had not shown their faces again. He shrugged. Probably off torturing some small rodent. "Does walking bother you that much?"

~

@TrackingLunacy

The Skydancer's smile dropped at Calbazh's harsh tone, and he raised an eyebrow curiously as the Spiral left. He shrugged it off, agreeing with Deimyas that he was indeed, 'odd', and left it at that.
"Of course you're allowed to come in." he laughed, "You may no longer be officially a Clan member of Tartarus but you were still born here. Our doors are always open to you, and anyone who says otherwise can talk to me about it." he leant in closer to whisper, "Besides, it gives me some time to actually step away from Panda." and winked. Straightening up, Ares smiled again. He turned and began to walk back into the main territory of the clan.
@MelzyQ

Orion rolled his eyes. We were gifted wings for a reason and all, he mimicked in his head. Pretentious little sh-. He sighed heavily. "If we could fly into Tartarus we would be flying." Obviously. He continued walking through the forest, the closer to the entrance they got, the more bones appeared in the trees. Strung between branches, scattered on the floor. He moved them gently out of his way as he passed. Orion noted that the Wildclaws still had not shown their faces again. He shrugged. Probably off torturing some small rodent. "Does walking bother you that much?"

~

@TrackingLunacy

The Skydancer's smile dropped at Calbazh's harsh tone, and he raised an eyebrow curiously as the Spiral left. He shrugged it off, agreeing with Deimyas that he was indeed, 'odd', and left it at that.
"Of course you're allowed to come in." he laughed, "You may no longer be officially a Clan member of Tartarus but you were still born here. Our doors are always open to you, and anyone who says otherwise can talk to me about it." he leant in closer to whisper, "Besides, it gives me some time to actually step away from Panda." and winked. Straightening up, Ares smiled again. He turned and began to walk back into the main territory of the clan.
@pancakejake

She let herself take in the sight around her, having never travelled here alone before... or at all really. Her mentor, Kaura, had always been the one to take these jobs but having been called away to the sister clan she had no choice but to finally allow Lyra to take this duty.

Of course, the forest was a lot more... suffocating than she could have imagined. Used to the almost-desert like territory that was Aspekterne the trees felt like they were almost.... trapping her in. She gulped ever so softly, looking forwards to try and focus on him and not the way the bones seemed to hang from the trees,
"It's just not something that feels necessary is all. Do you not have sky above you? With these trees and all it's... odd." she fumbled for the right words, flicking her ears ever so slightly. Scents felt more... overwhelming in this territory that was for sure. Without the winds of the desert constantly running over the territory it was definitely odd to be able to take in so many different things at once.
@pancakejake

She let herself take in the sight around her, having never travelled here alone before... or at all really. Her mentor, Kaura, had always been the one to take these jobs but having been called away to the sister clan she had no choice but to finally allow Lyra to take this duty.

Of course, the forest was a lot more... suffocating than she could have imagined. Used to the almost-desert like territory that was Aspekterne the trees felt like they were almost.... trapping her in. She gulped ever so softly, looking forwards to try and focus on him and not the way the bones seemed to hang from the trees,
"It's just not something that feels necessary is all. Do you not have sky above you? With these trees and all it's... odd." she fumbled for the right words, flicking her ears ever so slightly. Scents felt more... overwhelming in this territory that was for sure. Without the winds of the desert constantly running over the territory it was definitely odd to be able to take in so many different things at once.
@PancakeJake

Deimyas was giddy. She rushed into the lands of the Clan Tartarus, and looked around at the sinewed wood, the knotted branches, the hanging leaves, and the lingering shadows. They all muddled into on endless cacophony of mystery and wonder, and they flooded her mind with memories of youth. One thing that wasn't entirely familiar to her was the foreboding imagery, the hanging remnants of past victories for the clan. She'd felt them under her feet when she was young, but not like this.

Bones filled the land, scattered all around. They hung between branches, stretching all around the clans holdings, and they made what she'd thought would be a welcoming return into something dark, something overbearing. It was pure horror, as far as she was concerned. The clan seemed to be going insane, focusing so much on these sort of endeavours. It reminded her of Zaphine and the others, who pined over robotic shamblings, or the likes of Eulyeen and the Ridgebacks, who hoarded piles of gems and stones. It wasn't healthy. But she couldn't show that she thought that, not right now.

"It all looks so lively, father. It is nice, being in somewhere like this again. All things aside, it is nice. It feels like home."

She wasn't speaking lies, of course. It did, truly, feel like home. But a home can still feel vile.
@PancakeJake

Deimyas was giddy. She rushed into the lands of the Clan Tartarus, and looked around at the sinewed wood, the knotted branches, the hanging leaves, and the lingering shadows. They all muddled into on endless cacophony of mystery and wonder, and they flooded her mind with memories of youth. One thing that wasn't entirely familiar to her was the foreboding imagery, the hanging remnants of past victories for the clan. She'd felt them under her feet when she was young, but not like this.

Bones filled the land, scattered all around. They hung between branches, stretching all around the clans holdings, and they made what she'd thought would be a welcoming return into something dark, something overbearing. It was pure horror, as far as she was concerned. The clan seemed to be going insane, focusing so much on these sort of endeavours. It reminded her of Zaphine and the others, who pined over robotic shamblings, or the likes of Eulyeen and the Ridgebacks, who hoarded piles of gems and stones. It wasn't healthy. But she couldn't show that she thought that, not right now.

"It all looks so lively, father. It is nice, being in somewhere like this again. All things aside, it is nice. It feels like home."

She wasn't speaking lies, of course. It did, truly, feel like home. But a home can still feel vile.
@melzyq

"It is what we're used to..." Orion replied, looking up at the canopy of dark trees. He knew what the sky was like, and it wasn't that special. He felt much safer in the shadows. Most other places were too big and open, here he could hide. Soon, the trees widened slightly and bent towards each other, creating an archway. "Here. This is the entrance." he gestured gently, and without stopping walked through the arch to the main territory of Tartarus.

@trackinglunacy

Ares laughed. "Lively, sure." he walked further into the lands. Various other dragons looked up from their work, to look down again. If it was something Ares' was working with it wasn't any of their business. Mostly because that was a one way express ticket to Pandora, and she wasn't exactly fun to talk to. A few rats cluttered through the bone pile in the centre of the areas. Ares looked around and sighed. It had gotten slightly out of hand the past few months. Bones, bones, more bones. And even now other clans sent their left overs to Tartarus as well. Anything to please the Queen, though.
@melzyq

"It is what we're used to..." Orion replied, looking up at the canopy of dark trees. He knew what the sky was like, and it wasn't that special. He felt much safer in the shadows. Most other places were too big and open, here he could hide. Soon, the trees widened slightly and bent towards each other, creating an archway. "Here. This is the entrance." he gestured gently, and without stopping walked through the arch to the main territory of Tartarus.

@trackinglunacy

Ares laughed. "Lively, sure." he walked further into the lands. Various other dragons looked up from their work, to look down again. If it was something Ares' was working with it wasn't any of their business. Mostly because that was a one way express ticket to Pandora, and she wasn't exactly fun to talk to. A few rats cluttered through the bone pile in the centre of the areas. Ares looked around and sighed. It had gotten slightly out of hand the past few months. Bones, bones, more bones. And even now other clans sent their left overs to Tartarus as well. Anything to please the Queen, though.
@PancakeJake

"I guess to each their own" she mumbled slightly, ears angling back further in an attempt to atleast try and de-clutter the noises of the territory. Upon arrival to the arch she took the slightest of heartbeats to appreciate how... nice it looked.

Blinking slowly, she began to follow behind him, footsteps quiet and almost ghost-like now. This was the main part of her job. To deliver the items to the Queen... and then begone. What a duty.
"It's interesting how we can seem so similar yet.... be so different, don't you agree? I mean. We are both of the same species, yet whilst you long for this kind of territory my wings ache for the winds of the Plaguelands."
@PancakeJake

"I guess to each their own" she mumbled slightly, ears angling back further in an attempt to atleast try and de-clutter the noises of the territory. Upon arrival to the arch she took the slightest of heartbeats to appreciate how... nice it looked.

Blinking slowly, she began to follow behind him, footsteps quiet and almost ghost-like now. This was the main part of her job. To deliver the items to the Queen... and then begone. What a duty.
"It's interesting how we can seem so similar yet.... be so different, don't you agree? I mean. We are both of the same species, yet whilst you long for this kind of territory my wings ache for the winds of the Plaguelands."
@PancakeJake

Deimyas was really caught off-guard by the state of the clan. Sure, some of the resident Dragons were familiar to her, but... They had changed. Ridgebacks and Guardians were more prosperous than she recalled, and the massive beast that was Morpheus had become, somehow, yet more massive. Rats and bones seemed to define the clan, easily overpopulating the residents of the Shadow land, despite being either relics of the dead or harbingers of worse. Eventually, Deimyas simply couldn't stand it.

"What has happened? Why does it look as if the clan has been... destroyed, ravaged by plague, conquered by the apocalypse of age and misery? I am... I am sorry, father, but I feel so out of touch here, so... so as if I am not home."
@PancakeJake

Deimyas was really caught off-guard by the state of the clan. Sure, some of the resident Dragons were familiar to her, but... They had changed. Ridgebacks and Guardians were more prosperous than she recalled, and the massive beast that was Morpheus had become, somehow, yet more massive. Rats and bones seemed to define the clan, easily overpopulating the residents of the Shadow land, despite being either relics of the dead or harbingers of worse. Eventually, Deimyas simply couldn't stand it.

"What has happened? Why does it look as if the clan has been... destroyed, ravaged by plague, conquered by the apocalypse of age and misery? I am... I am sorry, father, but I feel so out of touch here, so... so as if I am not home."
@MelzyQ @TrackingLunacy

Orion rolled his eyes. "Well, obviously. You grew up in the Plaguelands and I grew up here. If you had lived here your entire life you would feel comfortable..." looked over at her. They were similar, not only in species but pattern and almost colouring as well. He stumbled in his step slightly and swallowed. Orion decided to ignore the strange coincidences behind and lead the other Pearlcatcher into the Clan. "Dad?"

~

Ares sighed deeply. He had noticed it too, but no one else had brought up the state of the clan with him. Or each other, as far as he was aware. "We are functioning as a clan better than ever but things have gone south for Pandora. She is smart but...I am worried." He looked around at the bones. Some with rotting flesh still hanging from them, others picked clean. He looked up at the different layers of the clan, up to the top where Pandora was always resting. A skull rolled off the top floor and bounced all the way down, echoing as it hit every branch. His ears twitched and at the sense of someone entering the clan he spun his head around and made eye contact with the purple Shadow eyes of a Pearlcatcher, that was not his son. His heart stopped.
@MelzyQ @TrackingLunacy

Orion rolled his eyes. "Well, obviously. You grew up in the Plaguelands and I grew up here. If you had lived here your entire life you would feel comfortable..." looked over at her. They were similar, not only in species but pattern and almost colouring as well. He stumbled in his step slightly and swallowed. Orion decided to ignore the strange coincidences behind and lead the other Pearlcatcher into the Clan. "Dad?"

~

Ares sighed deeply. He had noticed it too, but no one else had brought up the state of the clan with him. Or each other, as far as he was aware. "We are functioning as a clan better than ever but things have gone south for Pandora. She is smart but...I am worried." He looked around at the bones. Some with rotting flesh still hanging from them, others picked clean. He looked up at the different layers of the clan, up to the top where Pandora was always resting. A skull rolled off the top floor and bounced all the way down, echoing as it hit every branch. His ears twitched and at the sense of someone entering the clan he spun his head around and made eye contact with the purple Shadow eyes of a Pearlcatcher, that was not his son. His heart stopped.
1 2