Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Happy Zombie Jesus Day!
1 2 3 4 5 6
idk how it's cherry picked lol? it's touching on a lot of the different arguments people give about why it's pagan. it's literally based off of jewish passover, it's only called 'easter' in a few countries, so how is it based on ostara or eostre? eostre is literally heavily contested on whether or not they even existed in the first place. so they're stating in the articles there's all these things associated with eostre, that are now associated with easter, so easter must be based on that. when eostre might have never existed...
idk how it's cherry picked lol? it's touching on a lot of the different arguments people give about why it's pagan. it's literally based off of jewish passover, it's only called 'easter' in a few countries, so how is it based on ostara or eostre? eostre is literally heavily contested on whether or not they even existed in the first place. so they're stating in the articles there's all these things associated with eostre, that are now associated with easter, so easter must be based on that. when eostre might have never existed...
kXpNHpy.pngMbe1yYW.pngQ8Qqksy.pngdvMS65X.pngLTXo08g.pngSLGMeHq.pngGJZzfu4.pngqKZAaLK.pngCyW25gb.pngWRPJKhj.png
JkaQI9H.png
gUYYYYYYS, it's a silly joke thread, enjoy the silly joke.

I do have to say I appreciate the people who are aware of my feelings as a christian, though, and AS christian, I can say this makes me raise an eyebrow but I'm not really offended. XD

HAPPY CANDY DAY GUIZ

(mygirlfriendandiactuallyforgotwhatholidayitwasuntillikehalfwaythrough)
gUYYYYYYS, it's a silly joke thread, enjoy the silly joke.

I do have to say I appreciate the people who are aware of my feelings as a christian, though, and AS christian, I can say this makes me raise an eyebrow but I'm not really offended. XD

HAPPY CANDY DAY GUIZ

(mygirlfriendandiactuallyforgotwhatholidayitwasuntillikehalfwaythrough)
knhLXgs.png
Quote:
Just because there are similarities/overlaps in dates and traditions doesn't make one holiday more valid than the other. The point is in the intention and what these holidays symbolize to those who recognize them.

I identified as Pagan for about 6 years, and even though I recognize the similarities in Christian holidays, I still find it possible to celebrate as a Christian and nothing else. It's not a competition of "who stole what"---similar things can have different meanings for different people.

Whether you celebrate something as a Pagan, Christian, or as someone who's only in it for the commercialized aspects, it's important to respect others and let them do their thing.

(and I'm not mad or offended by this thread. I'm just not a fan of joking about any kind of serious religious tradition, and the "zombie Jesus" thing is commonly used to mock/harass Christians every year)

I hope this doesn't come across as aggressive at all

So much this. I've heard the arguments that Easter is one of those "stolen" holidays.

And so what? It doesn't matter if it's similar, or replaced another holiday (if you believe that). People today celebrate it for what it is, and that's what is important. Respect is important. Someone who doesn't celebrate Easter should be respected as much as someone who does so for spiritual reasons. We are all humans, and we should be able to practice in peace.

There's too much wrong going on in the world right now to be fretting over what holidays are similar to each other.
Quote:
Just because there are similarities/overlaps in dates and traditions doesn't make one holiday more valid than the other. The point is in the intention and what these holidays symbolize to those who recognize them.

I identified as Pagan for about 6 years, and even though I recognize the similarities in Christian holidays, I still find it possible to celebrate as a Christian and nothing else. It's not a competition of "who stole what"---similar things can have different meanings for different people.

Whether you celebrate something as a Pagan, Christian, or as someone who's only in it for the commercialized aspects, it's important to respect others and let them do their thing.

(and I'm not mad or offended by this thread. I'm just not a fan of joking about any kind of serious religious tradition, and the "zombie Jesus" thing is commonly used to mock/harass Christians every year)

I hope this doesn't come across as aggressive at all

So much this. I've heard the arguments that Easter is one of those "stolen" holidays.

And so what? It doesn't matter if it's similar, or replaced another holiday (if you believe that). People today celebrate it for what it is, and that's what is important. Respect is important. Someone who doesn't celebrate Easter should be respected as much as someone who does so for spiritual reasons. We are all humans, and we should be able to practice in peace.

There's too much wrong going on in the world right now to be fretting over what holidays are similar to each other.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
Happy candy day Jesus bro!

~ friendly Pagan
Happy candy day Jesus bro!

~ friendly Pagan
bxbkeiO.pngtumblr_nity0dJX6D1tc28p3o7_100.pngbxbkeiO.png
Be brave, be brave, be brave, be brave, and be brave
@Trav

I think you are confusing Easter with Halloween there. XD
@Trav

I think you are confusing Easter with Halloween there. XD
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
@Charoula

I see more candy on Easter than Halloween lol. ;w; idk why.
Either way they both have half off candy sales!

Forgive me Jesus this is your day not chocolates
@Charoula

I see more candy on Easter than Halloween lol. ;w; idk why.
Either way they both have half off candy sales!

Forgive me Jesus this is your day not chocolates
bxbkeiO.pngtumblr_nity0dJX6D1tc28p3o7_100.pngbxbkeiO.png
Be brave, be brave, be brave, be brave, and be brave
Just now realized that it's a joke. AND how funny it is. SORRY! I especially love the pictures everyone posted X3
Just now realized that it's a joke. AND how funny it is. SORRY! I especially love the pictures everyone posted X3
3e4.gif
people are taking this joke very seriously. I actually celebrate easter, and find the zombie thing very funny :>
people are taking this joke very seriously. I actually celebrate easter, and find the zombie thing very funny :>
cDDSaqc.png
Seriously? [img]http://i.imgur.com/UsfyDu6.jpg[/img] Liches are so much cooler anyways.
Seriously?

UsfyDu6.jpg

Liches are so much cooler anyways.

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you cannot always be sure of their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln, 1864
...yeah. It took me forever to figure out that Jesus must be a zombie.
Gah.
...yeah. It took me forever to figure out that Jesus must be a zombie.
Gah.
vojnGCQ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6