Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Happy Zombie Jesus Day!
1 2 3 4 5 6
lol XD
lol XD
0DHG8af.png
i mean, they made this in a separate thread and didn't go post it on an already existing easter thread, so if people came here just to be offended then it isn't exactly their fault. they can talk about it in anyway they want, if that is how they felt. it wasn't hateful or horrible. you don't have to like other religions, or talk about them in a way that they want you to.
this is hypothetical, since they said it was meant in good fun, but the point still stands.
i mean, they made this in a separate thread and didn't go post it on an already existing easter thread, so if people came here just to be offended then it isn't exactly their fault. they can talk about it in anyway they want, if that is how they felt. it wasn't hateful or horrible. you don't have to like other religions, or talk about them in a way that they want you to.
this is hypothetical, since they said it was meant in good fun, but the point still stands.
kXpNHpy.pngMbe1yYW.pngQ8Qqksy.pngdvMS65X.pngLTXo08g.pngSLGMeHq.pngGJZzfu4.pngqKZAaLK.pngCyW25gb.pngWRPJKhj.png
JkaQI9H.png
HAPPY ZOMBIE DAY
MAY YOU FIND MANY CHOCOLATE EGGS AND MAY ALL THEIR WRAPPERS BE INTACT

Semi-serious question: how important is easter to christians? It could just be because of where I live but the only people who talk about it seriously here are a few like really religious old people??? But then when my dad jokingly said 'happy holy zombie jesus day' my aunt got like super ****** off at him o.O I mean no offense, I'm just getting some very mixed signals
HAPPY ZOMBIE DAY
MAY YOU FIND MANY CHOCOLATE EGGS AND MAY ALL THEIR WRAPPERS BE INTACT

Semi-serious question: how important is easter to christians? It could just be because of where I live but the only people who talk about it seriously here are a few like really religious old people??? But then when my dad jokingly said 'happy holy zombie jesus day' my aunt got like super ****** off at him o.O I mean no offense, I'm just getting some very mixed signals
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
@TheAlchemist Easter, for us, is basically the confirming of our beliefs. The prophet Isaiah predicted, 700 years before Jesus' life, that there would be a son of God who died and rose again from the dead. If that prediction didn't come true, everything in the Christian Faith would fall apart because the prediction written by God through Isaiah would be false. Also, we are grateful for because Jesus took all of Humanity's sins on his shoulders and endured the pain of crucifixion so that we wouldn't have to be condemned for our sins. Good guy, Jesus. :D

I hope that didn't seem too preachy, I tried to condense a huge thing into a few sentences, so apologies if it sounds kind of tacky.
@TheAlchemist Easter, for us, is basically the confirming of our beliefs. The prophet Isaiah predicted, 700 years before Jesus' life, that there would be a son of God who died and rose again from the dead. If that prediction didn't come true, everything in the Christian Faith would fall apart because the prediction written by God through Isaiah would be false. Also, we are grateful for because Jesus took all of Humanity's sins on his shoulders and endured the pain of crucifixion so that we wouldn't have to be condemned for our sins. Good guy, Jesus. :D

I hope that didn't seem too preachy, I tried to condense a huge thing into a few sentences, so apologies if it sounds kind of tacky.
p9LLFVh.png Wishlist c55Bvd2.png a9TTUxz.gif
@TheAlchemist Easter is VERY imprtant to Christianity. It's part of the foundation for our faith. It's the theme of salvation, which means life for us. If Easter hadn't come, if Jesus hadn't rose, we would not be Christians, and wouldn't be saved.

That's how important it is to us. I have to say I was a bit taken aback by the title, since I have seen anti-theists use similar jargon to mock my beliefs before. I didn't come to be offended, I came because I was curious as to what people meant when they called Jesus a zombie.
And I thank to OP for clearing that up, by the way. It means a lot nowadays when people respect other people's beliefs. That has become a lot more scarce.
@TheAlchemist Easter is VERY imprtant to Christianity. It's part of the foundation for our faith. It's the theme of salvation, which means life for us. If Easter hadn't come, if Jesus hadn't rose, we would not be Christians, and wouldn't be saved.

That's how important it is to us. I have to say I was a bit taken aback by the title, since I have seen anti-theists use similar jargon to mock my beliefs before. I didn't come to be offended, I came because I was curious as to what people meant when they called Jesus a zombie.
And I thank to OP for clearing that up, by the way. It means a lot nowadays when people respect other people's beliefs. That has become a lot more scarce.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
@StellarBlitz @Daxillionyx
Thanks! That clears things up for me :v
@StellarBlitz @Daxillionyx
Thanks! That clears things up for me :v
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
Happy Sunday, I'm celebrating by doing the homework that's due Monday!
Happy Sunday, I'm celebrating by doing the homework that's due Monday!

sup, i'm alex
qjWV0vY.png
06xk8gV.png
FlMK7kZ.png
JvUa9ma.png
vWMuYyj.png
@TheAlchemist
Easter is very important to us because Jesus rising from the dead is what makes his death and his life meaningful. His rising tells us that He really is indeed the son of God.

That being said, I do find the title of this post to be humorous. : )
@TheAlchemist
Easter is very important to us because Jesus rising from the dead is what makes his death and his life meaningful. His rising tells us that He really is indeed the son of God.

That being said, I do find the title of this post to be humorous. : )
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro10_250.gif
The title omg XD

But does anyone know how Easter went from Jesus to a bunny who runs around dropping eggs with assorted candies in your yard
The title omg XD

But does anyone know how Easter went from Jesus to a bunny who runs around dropping eggs with assorted candies in your yard
6klg2iF.pngXbHOAAP.png
+3 hours ahead of server time
I'm dying.

Zombie Jesus Day is a term that's been used for /years/. It's thought to have originated from a Futurama episode waaaaaaay back in 1999.

In any case, it gained popularity via a Cyanide & Happiness cartoon in the mid 2000s. Quite frankly, if someone hasn't heard of the phase before, then they've been living under a rock.
I'm dying.

Zombie Jesus Day is a term that's been used for /years/. It's thought to have originated from a Futurama episode waaaaaaay back in 1999.

In any case, it gained popularity via a Cyanide & Happiness cartoon in the mid 2000s. Quite frankly, if someone hasn't heard of the phase before, then they've been living under a rock.
Tell me your desire
while you pull me from the fire
and we'll seal the deal with a kiss
1 2 3 4 5 6