Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's Water Flight Up To?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I looked up the meaning of redacted and apparently it has something to do with editing and censoring or something along those lines.
I looked up the meaning of redacted and apparently it has something to do with editing and censoring or something along those lines.
Okay, so since some people don't actually know what redacted means, I'll try to explain.

You know when you watch spy movies and there are certain words blacked out in a document because those things are super secret/classified? That's redaction. It looks kind of like this:

Good job, by the way, if you can read this.

In a transcript of the original (say an original document is scanned as an image and someone wants a text of the document?), they will type [REDACTED] instead of actually putting in blacked out text. So the redacted means something is missing because it's classified, but you don't know what it is, and actually, you aren't even seeing an original of the document.

Anyway, I hope that helps clear that up, at least^^ Let me know if the explanation is unclear, or if you have an non-classified related questions ;)
Okay, so since some people don't actually know what redacted means, I'll try to explain.

You know when you watch spy movies and there are certain words blacked out in a document because those things are super secret/classified? That's redaction. It looks kind of like this:

Good job, by the way, if you can read this.

In a transcript of the original (say an original document is scanned as an image and someone wants a text of the document?), they will type [REDACTED] instead of actually putting in blacked out text. So the redacted means something is missing because it's classified, but you don't know what it is, and actually, you aren't even seeing an original of the document.

Anyway, I hope that helps clear that up, at least^^ Let me know if the explanation is unclear, or if you have an non-classified related questions ;)
rKs3Oe0.png
Water is another matter, has no direction but its own bright grace, runs through all imaginable colors, takes limpid lessons from stone, and in those functionings plays out the unrealized ambitions of the foam. - Pablo Neruda
soHC1Tw.png
Hmm, yes, I've been wondering that too...
Hmm, yes, I've been wondering that too...
Water Flight @ us

Seriously thoe it's gonna (gotta?) be epic :D
Water Flight @ us

Seriously thoe it's gonna (gotta?) be epic :D
1dgHJ.gif
@Erravit Your forum signature is mean
You also get troll-of-the-year ribbon
@Erravit Your forum signature is mean
You also get troll-of-the-year ribbon
IfCmPpP.png
Clearly, we're preparing for the oh no you don't
Clearly, we're preparing for the oh no you don't
66MHIIb.png
You're Imagining Things.™
You're Imagining Things.™
It's not that hard to [REDACTED].
Just go with the flow
It's not that hard to [REDACTED].
Just go with the flow
YYuYuP0.png
Agent MadamMoonlight ~ A.Q.U.A.R.I.U.M ~ Clearance Level 6
True Identity: [REDACTED]
Why is this both terrifying and intriguing?
Why is this both terrifying and intriguing?
b34674857e8a199f13a1d454303561e1caa85a9b.png
Well isn't it water's festival next month? Maybe this is something to do with it?
Well isn't it water's festival next month? Maybe this is something to do with it?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7