Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, March 2016
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 112 113
I am both happy and apprehensive. With two different AHs for things, I'm going to have to look in both places for the cheapest stuff. Not to mention I now have to choose where to sell stuff for a profit.

Suggestion: can we please be given the ability to list a single item/dragon in BOTH AHs? I sell a lot of dragons. So if I want to list some of my unsold adults... I'd put them up in the global AH for say 10k. Under that, I check the element flight AH too, and list it there for 7k for a discount for fellow flight mates. It gets bought at 7k, and disappears from both AHs. Hope this makes sense.
I am both happy and apprehensive. With two different AHs for things, I'm going to have to look in both places for the cheapest stuff. Not to mention I now have to choose where to sell stuff for a profit.

Suggestion: can we please be given the ability to list a single item/dragon in BOTH AHs? I sell a lot of dragons. So if I want to list some of my unsold adults... I'd put them up in the global AH for say 10k. Under that, I check the element flight AH too, and list it there for 7k for a discount for fellow flight mates. It gets bought at 7k, and disappears from both AHs. Hope this makes sense.
TyYgOYZ.png
[quote name="Lapillus" date=2016-03-24 22:52:32] The AH revamp sounds great! Since you're still in process I'd like to mention a couple more things I'd love to see. First I'd love to be able to save searches, either in FR or because the search parameters show up in an address I can bookmark. Second I'd love to be able to be able to do multiselects for parameters. Let's say I am searching for a mate for a tree dragon I have. He's a PC and I'd like to find a gal for him who has the same cooldown and I'd prefer a ripple, tiger or vipera primary gene, but am flexible about the others and I'm willing to consider Chocolate, Brown or Soil primaries, Emerald, Jungle or Forest Secondaries and Chocolate, Brown or Soil terts. Currently I would have to do 324 searches to hit all the combinations while avoiding extraneous dragons. Now, in practice, I'd probably ignore the breed and maybe the secondary which would bring it down to 27 which is a lot better, but is still potentially a lot of different tabs to keep track of to compare the options. I would like to be able to select all of the options and do them as a single search. Multiselect is a common enough feature with scripts available for a ton of languages. I don't know how the server hit between the two scenarios compares, but for enjoyment of play there is no comparison. [/quote] This multiselecting would be very very useful! I hope the AH could have this, too. It's just a pain to search every breed and color option individually.
Lapillus wrote on 2016-03-24:
The AH revamp sounds great! Since you're still in process I'd like to mention a couple more things I'd love to see. First I'd love to be able to save searches, either in FR or because the search parameters show up in an address I can bookmark.

Second I'd love to be able to be able to do multiselects for parameters. Let's say I am searching for a mate for a tree dragon I have. He's a PC and I'd like to find a gal for him who has the same cooldown and I'd prefer a ripple, tiger or vipera primary gene, but am flexible about the others and I'm willing to consider Chocolate, Brown or Soil primaries, Emerald, Jungle or Forest Secondaries and Chocolate, Brown or Soil terts.

Currently I would have to do 324 searches to hit all the combinations while avoiding extraneous dragons. Now, in practice, I'd probably ignore the breed and maybe the secondary which would bring it down to 27 which is a lot better, but is still potentially a lot of different tabs to keep track of to compare the options. I would like to be able to select all of the options and do them as a single search. Multiselect is a common enough feature with scripts available for a ton of languages. I don't know how the server hit between the two scenarios compares, but for enjoyment of play there is no comparison.

This multiselecting would be very very useful! I hope the AH could have this, too. It's just a pain to search every breed and color option individually.
238137f19281d12b804f380f13d436b85b428830.png
I love the idea of the AH being revamped!I've always wanted that age parameter option makes things easier for DOM and for breeding purposes.

About the genes..I like the idea of it being dropped in the coli for variety but then again as the others say, how often it drops is a problem. Unhatched eggs are already super rare to obtain in the coli how much for the genes? Also not all people like the coli much (like me). Yes buying it from other players is an option but it would be so high in demand few people could get enough of it..

So yeah UNLESS the mods fix the coli droprate first then that's when we could talk about getting the genes in the coli. Otherwise the gene could just stay in the treasure marketplace for everyone to buy.
I love the idea of the AH being revamped!I've always wanted that age parameter option makes things easier for DOM and for breeding purposes.

About the genes..I like the idea of it being dropped in the coli for variety but then again as the others say, how often it drops is a problem. Unhatched eggs are already super rare to obtain in the coli how much for the genes? Also not all people like the coli much (like me). Yes buying it from other players is an option but it would be so high in demand few people could get enough of it..

So yeah UNLESS the mods fix the coli droprate first then that's when we could talk about getting the genes in the coli. Otherwise the gene could just stay in the treasure marketplace for everyone to buy.
9rffWp7.pngaWMT9t0.pngezXcb0S.pngfft0ISG.pngF0xe8dU.gifK2bRISJ.pngJeJCbPi.gifmake_a_wish_pink_by_shardlovespotatoes-dbuh5fp.pngfe91xe6.png
@Aequorin [quote name="Aequorin" date=2016-03-24 12:30:01] [quote]when big stuff like this, that effects the core mechanics of the site, are announced, players are kind of forced to put their (virtual) lives on hold and play russian roulette with their (sometimes real-life) money.[/quote] swagdog, when we implement large changes we will take care to give our community ample warning to prepare, much like we did with Crossroads. We won't drop revamps on players without notice! [/quote] Yes, and that's nice, but dropping CR2.0 on a Saturday, the last day of a heavily contested dom push? It would have been nice if you'd waited until Sunday, which, as the first day of the FR week, would have been the best day to start it, even if there wasn't a contested push.
@Aequorin
Aequorin wrote on 2016-03-24:
Quote:
when big stuff like this, that effects the core mechanics of the site, are announced, players are kind of forced to put their (virtual) lives on hold and play russian roulette with their (sometimes real-life) money.

swagdog, when we implement large changes we will take care to give our community ample warning to prepare, much like we did with Crossroads. We won't drop revamps on players without notice!

Yes, and that's nice, but dropping CR2.0 on a Saturday, the last day of a heavily contested dom push? It would have been nice if you'd waited until Sunday, which, as the first day of the FR week, would have been the best day to start it, even if there wasn't a contested push.
HEveOVO.png
Oooh, going to love that new searching-thingy in AH!! <3 Thank you!

But I'd like to note one thing when searching familiars in Auction House. Sköll is really hard to find because it has ö in it. As a familiar collector, I know the difficult of trying to find that familiar with only "sk" or "ll" and it would be great if Auction House could recognize ö, ä and other letters that are not usual in English language.

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language, but I hope you understood anyway! ^^
Oooh, going to love that new searching-thingy in AH!! <3 Thank you!

But I'd like to note one thing when searching familiars in Auction House. Sköll is really hard to find because it has ö in it. As a familiar collector, I know the difficult of trying to find that familiar with only "sk" or "ll" and it would be great if Auction House could recognize ö, ä and other letters that are not usual in English language.

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language, but I hope you understood anyway! ^^
Is there any chance of the AH being renamed in all this and of us someday getting a place that actually does auctions? As it stands, the AH is actually just a venue in which you sell your things for a fixed price and for a limited amount of time. I'd really like to see an actual Auction House where people could bid on dragons and allotments of items. The current AH could be called the Bazaar or something? :)
Is there any chance of the AH being renamed in all this and of us someday getting a place that actually does auctions? As it stands, the AH is actually just a venue in which you sell your things for a fixed price and for a limited amount of time. I'd really like to see an actual Auction House where people could bid on dragons and allotments of items. The current AH could be called the Bazaar or something? :)
a6ab6a2a-f6bd-40ad-a7bb-e9fcf5166a6c_zps3583fa7c.png
Oh my god Python/Morph look SO GOOD. Wow I am ridiculously excited for these.
Oh my god Python/Morph look SO GOOD. Wow I am ridiculously excited for these.
Woooooooooo
Woooooooooo
I have but one concern about being informed about my expired/sold auctions - I tend to simply forget that I put things/dragons up for sale (u know, I'm no hardcore player, I have my head full of other every-day-life-stuff) and the indicator in Message Center was really helpful for me. I hope that there will be some indicator on AH that there are things to take care of (u know, not only messages moved, but also something that shines in your face when u (re)load the page and screams "hey, something happened here, u should see it").

As for the search - I even gave a suggestion (which got ignored even though now I see other topics on the same idea get support) :
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1791894
Long story short - what would greatly improve searching is ability to search several options for the same characteristic at one time ( f.ex. Primary Colour: Maroon, Red, Carmine) and not having to check every possible combination u may want separately.
As for the in-flight market, I'm in - that's a thing I've been really missing even though I'm not very social player.
I have but one concern about being informed about my expired/sold auctions - I tend to simply forget that I put things/dragons up for sale (u know, I'm no hardcore player, I have my head full of other every-day-life-stuff) and the indicator in Message Center was really helpful for me. I hope that there will be some indicator on AH that there are things to take care of (u know, not only messages moved, but also something that shines in your face when u (re)load the page and screams "hey, something happened here, u should see it").

As for the search - I even gave a suggestion (which got ignored even though now I see other topics on the same idea get support) :
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1791894
Long story short - what would greatly improve searching is ability to search several options for the same characteristic at one time ( f.ex. Primary Colour: Maroon, Red, Carmine) and not having to check every possible combination u may want separately.
As for the in-flight market, I'm in - that's a thing I've been really missing even though I'm not very social player.
00a-Sig-hatchery.png01-Sig-art.png04-Sig-hub.png
00b-Sig-hatchery.png02-Sig-wishlist.png05-Sig-fam.png
00c-Sig-hatchery.png03-Sig-CFCE.png06-Sig-empty.png
PYTHON!!!
PYTHON!!!
AR9M5E4.pnghXqmr1g.png
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 112 113