Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Familiars not bonding
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 54 55
I just want to say that after reporting EXACTLY which familiars I was having difficulties bonding to last night, tonight I came in and was able to bond to every single one of them, all but two on the first try. The only two that gave me trouble:
Ruby Webwing - Inquisitive
Emerald Webwing - Companion

And even then it worked on the second try.
@Undel
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for the explanation as to what's happening/what the error message is preventing from happening. Nobody wants to *not* receive their treasure/chests, so of course the message is preferable to losing out. I wish so much that this has been stated earlier and clearly so that we might understand. If there is anything that we can do on our ends to help you all trouble shoot and figure out how to solve the problem, please let us know?
I just want to say that after reporting EXACTLY which familiars I was having difficulties bonding to last night, tonight I came in and was able to bond to every single one of them, all but two on the first try. The only two that gave me trouble:
Ruby Webwing - Inquisitive
Emerald Webwing - Companion

And even then it worked on the second try.
@Undel
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for the explanation as to what's happening/what the error message is preventing from happening. Nobody wants to *not* receive their treasure/chests, so of course the message is preferable to losing out. I wish so much that this has been stated earlier and clearly so that we might understand. If there is anything that we can do on our ends to help you all trouble shoot and figure out how to solve the problem, please let us know?
Athena_456623_ID_Signature.png
More info to hopefully help with figuring out what is going on to cause so many error messages... These are my reports from yesterday and today with Familiars I had trouble with. I've included the name of the Familiar, their level of bonding, and how many times it took before they finally bonded.

10-2-2013
Bluefin Charger (Loyal) 2 tries
Cursed Bat (Companion) 3 tries
Death Seeker (Companion) 2 tries
Dryad (Loyal) 2 tries
Grey River Flight (Relaxed) 2 tries
Light Sprite (Companion) 3 tries
Lightning Sprite (Companion) 2 tries
Luna Mith (Loyal) 2 tries
Nightsky Fuiran (Wary) 2 tries
Opheodrys Serthis (Loyal) 2 tries
Speedy (Companion) 2 tries
Zeeba (Loyal) 2 tries

Yesterday wasn't very bad at all. Everyone bonded within 2 tries or less except for the Light Sprite and Cursed Bat. I was very pleased and gave everyone an extra cookie...

10-3-2013
Death’s-Head Stag (Loyal) 8 tries
Ember Mouse (Companion) 2 tries
Glowing Pocket Mouse (Relaxed) 2 tries
Lightning Sprite (Companion) 5 tries
Strangler (Loyal) 2 tries

I very nearly used the Strangler on the Death's-Head Stag today!! :P That being said... the Death's-Head Stag and Lightning Sprite did NOT get cookies today! :P

Oh and both days I received all the money I was suppose to receive from bonding.
More info to hopefully help with figuring out what is going on to cause so many error messages... These are my reports from yesterday and today with Familiars I had trouble with. I've included the name of the Familiar, their level of bonding, and how many times it took before they finally bonded.

10-2-2013
Bluefin Charger (Loyal) 2 tries
Cursed Bat (Companion) 3 tries
Death Seeker (Companion) 2 tries
Dryad (Loyal) 2 tries
Light Sprite (Companion) 3 tries
Lightning Sprite (Companion) 2 tries
Nightsky Fuiran (Wary) 2 tries
Opheodrys Serthis (Loyal) 2 tries
Speedy (Companion) 2 tries
Zeeba (Loyal) 2 tries

Yesterday wasn't very bad at all. Everyone bonded within 2 tries or less except for the Light Sprite and Cursed Bat. I was very pleased and gave everyone an extra cookie...

10-3-2013
Death’s-Head Stag (Loyal) 8 tries
Ember Mouse (Companion) 2 tries
Glowing Pocket Mouse (Relaxed) 2 tries
Lightning Sprite (Companion) 5 tries
Strangler (Loyal) 2 tries

I very nearly used the Strangler on the Death's-Head Stag today!! :P That being said... the Death's-Head Stag and Lightning Sprite did NOT get cookies today! :P

Oh and both days I received all the money I was suppose to receive from bonding.
Banner---Signature-MJ_zpsa6a183fa.png
@Undel thank you for the reply! ♥ It's nice to have a clearer idea of what's happening :)

As Illium said, can you tell us anything we could do to help? Any specific info you need collected?
@Undel thank you for the reply! ♥ It's nice to have a clearer idea of what's happening :)

As Illium said, can you tell us anything we could do to help? Any specific info you need collected?
Day 5 (my comments are on pages 38, 41, 45, 47, 48). Today's list of familiars that I had to bond with more than once, their rank, and the number of times I had to bond with them before I was successful.

Bluefin Charger (companion) - 3 tries
Smoke Gyre (companion) - 2 tries
Wildwood Owl (relaxed to inquisitive) - 2 tries
Blooming Strangler (relaxed to inquisitive) - 2 tries
Autumn Dryad (companion) - 3 tries

Death's-Head Stag (companion) - 5 tries
Bamboo Phytocat (inquisitive) - 2 tries
Amaranth Moth (relaxed) - 2 tries

Light again today! Out of 39 familiars, 8 gave me trouble, and I had to bond with the 8 of them 21 times.

I'm glad to hear from FR on this issue, because even if the message is working as intended, having to occasionally click 40 times on a single familiar as I did on page 41 is clearly NOT as intended.
Day 5 (my comments are on pages 38, 41, 45, 47, 48). Today's list of familiars that I had to bond with more than once, their rank, and the number of times I had to bond with them before I was successful.

Bluefin Charger (companion) - 3 tries
Smoke Gyre (companion) - 2 tries
Wildwood Owl (relaxed to inquisitive) - 2 tries
Blooming Strangler (relaxed to inquisitive) - 2 tries
Autumn Dryad (companion) - 3 tries

Death's-Head Stag (companion) - 5 tries
Bamboo Phytocat (inquisitive) - 2 tries
Amaranth Moth (relaxed) - 2 tries

Light again today! Out of 39 familiars, 8 gave me trouble, and I had to bond with the 8 of them 21 times.

I'm glad to hear from FR on this issue, because even if the message is working as intended, having to occasionally click 40 times on a single familiar as I did on page 41 is clearly NOT as intended.
Having trouble with almost all of them today, I missed the window where it seems to work, and sure enough have been trying to bond on and off for hours with only very slow success, still have about 70 to go. *headdesk*

edited because I miscounted, I have more to do than I thought. *rolls away*
Having trouble with almost all of them today, I missed the window where it seems to work, and sure enough have been trying to bond on and off for hours with only very slow success, still have about 70 to go. *headdesk*

edited because I miscounted, I have more to do than I thought. *rolls away*
This is the dragon having the most problems with this bug. I don't mean just trying a few times, I mean I've been trying for nearly an HOUR to make it work and it keeps giving me the 'error.' I frequently get this issue with my progens and two of my Fae's, but this is the longest time it's been. I still haven't successfully bonded yet.
This is the dragon having the most problems with this bug. I don't mean just trying a few times, I mean I've been trying for nearly an HOUR to make it work and it keeps giving me the 'error.' I frequently get this issue with my progens and two of my Fae's, but this is the longest time it's been. I still haven't successfully bonded yet.
I've been having this problem for several days with multiple familiars. Eventually it works, but it can take several hours to go through and bond with all of my familiars when this is happening.
I've been having this problem for several days with multiple familiars. Eventually it works, but it can take several hours to go through and bond with all of my familiars when this is happening.
Day four of recording:

3/28 familiars not bonding
  • Ruby Webwing (start of Relaxed stage) - 2 attempts
  • Death's-Head Stag (just past midway of Companion) -still nothing after 20 attempts :|
  • Amaranth Moth (start of Loyal) - 5 attempts
Day four of recording:

3/28 familiars not bonding
  • Ruby Webwing (start of Relaxed stage) - 2 attempts
  • Death's-Head Stag (just past midway of Companion) -still nothing after 20 attempts :|
  • Amaranth Moth (start of Loyal) - 5 attempts
so I ended up giving up last night with about 35 familiars left to bond because I was getting errors every single time. Came back today to try again (server time = 20:00-20:28ish) and they all went through with no errors at all. Not one. All 35 took me under 10 minutes. There really is no pattern to this at all. *bewildered face*

The weird thing is that currently there are over 1500 users online, when I was trying (and gave up) last night there were only around 1000-1100. So ...?
so I ended up giving up last night with about 35 familiars left to bond because I was getting errors every single time. Came back today to try again (server time = 20:00-20:28ish) and they all went through with no errors at all. Not one. All 35 took me under 10 minutes. There really is no pattern to this at all. *bewildered face*

The weird thing is that currently there are over 1500 users online, when I was trying (and gave up) last night there were only around 1000-1100. So ...?
So far tonight everything has worked fine (even the usual suspects), and I was beginning to hope that it had been fixed...until I got to my last familiar, the strangler, which usually gives me marginal trouble, but goes through after a couple tries...tonight it is NOT wanting to cooperate...when everything else did. *confused*
So far tonight everything has worked fine (even the usual suspects), and I was beginning to hope that it had been fixed...until I got to my last familiar, the strangler, which usually gives me marginal trouble, but goes through after a couple tries...tonight it is NOT wanting to cooperate...when everything else did. *confused*
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 54 55