Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | gender change scrolls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Dragonxborn

People, People. People, we can discuss this until the dead horse has been turned to dust from all the kicking that we seem to keep doing every time this suggestion is brought up.

The simple fact, and one I do not think will ever change or should ever change......

Answered by the Administration
Quote:
Quote:
Are we ever going to get sex change scrolls?

We have no plans to release an item like this.
Source: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/141

End of story! Bye-bye! See ya later.
@Dragonxborn

People, People. People, we can discuss this until the dead horse has been turned to dust from all the kicking that we seem to keep doing every time this suggestion is brought up.

The simple fact, and one I do not think will ever change or should ever change......

Quote:
Quote:

I'd like to see something like that, but definitely without the "hatchling only" restrictions as I'd use them on some old dragons instead, not the newly hatched. Unfortunately, I cannot breed myself a shiny new 6-digit 25 lvl Wildclaw male, but I have a 6-digit 25 lvl Wildclaw female I'd love to see changed as I prefer male art for Wildclaws.
I'd like to see something like that, but definitely without the "hatchling only" restrictions as I'd use them on some old dragons instead, not the newly hatched. Unfortunately, I cannot breed myself a shiny new 6-digit 25 lvl Wildclaw male, but I have a 6-digit 25 lvl Wildclaw female I'd love to see changed as I prefer male art for Wildclaws.
That's a good point. I'd numbers are important to some players too so like, how do you breed yourself a new 6 digit hmm?

Also my boyfriend is transgender and I swear to god if one more person does the " eeeehhh sex not genderrrrrr" comment.

Any change to the site is gonna cost more coding for the staff. So stop whining about it causing more coding. Just take out the code that puts the dad on top. Its easier than trying any other way to fix it.

And again if you're gonna preach to me about the transgender I already know about then I'm going to say again that it's unfair of you to take the option for that dragon to have a sex change away. Maybe something like that would be really important to a transgender player that wants the surgery themselves but its out of reach. Atleast they can give it to their dragon they made to represent themselves.

It maybe a breeding game but its not the only reason people play. In fact I'd wager its barely the main reason outside of breeders. There are a multitude of reasons to play this game and if you can buy a gene scroll which makes it "to easy" then you should be able to buy a gender scroll.

You want to make the game harder taken the gene scrolls away. Make new genes have to show up as a genetic anomoly in a breeding pair when it's released. You want to preach about hard work then actually work hard. There are tons of things that make breeding "to easy" and if it's such a big deal then take those away and make it an actual challenge. Otherwise it's already to easy and there's no reason not to include this on top of it.
That's a good point. I'd numbers are important to some players too so like, how do you breed yourself a new 6 digit hmm?

Also my boyfriend is transgender and I swear to god if one more person does the " eeeehhh sex not genderrrrrr" comment.

Any change to the site is gonna cost more coding for the staff. So stop whining about it causing more coding. Just take out the code that puts the dad on top. Its easier than trying any other way to fix it.

And again if you're gonna preach to me about the transgender I already know about then I'm going to say again that it's unfair of you to take the option for that dragon to have a sex change away. Maybe something like that would be really important to a transgender player that wants the surgery themselves but its out of reach. Atleast they can give it to their dragon they made to represent themselves.

It maybe a breeding game but its not the only reason people play. In fact I'd wager its barely the main reason outside of breeders. There are a multitude of reasons to play this game and if you can buy a gene scroll which makes it "to easy" then you should be able to buy a gender scroll.

You want to make the game harder taken the gene scrolls away. Make new genes have to show up as a genetic anomoly in a breeding pair when it's released. You want to preach about hard work then actually work hard. There are tons of things that make breeding "to easy" and if it's such a big deal then take those away and make it an actual challenge. Otherwise it's already to easy and there's no reason not to include this on top of it.
tumblr_nuhk3aSnPU1tel0d6o1_400.png
@Qnyxz

I already addressed that smartypants
@Qnyxz

I already addressed that smartypants
@Valemora

Would a pose change scroll work for your wildclaw? Or did you want to breed it to a female?

(below is not to Valemora)

As for the coding, exactly how do you know it would be easier to remove the code that put the male on top? do you work for the site?

Plus, it is more than just lineage, there is the nesting grounds, and every other place where it asks you to choose the male and female dragons. Those would need to be changed.

Yes, every suggestion requires coding (okay, probably nearly every), but there is coding, and then there is breaking the site, and then there is rewriting the site from the ground up. I do not know which one this falls into but I suspect that it falls more towards the third than the first.

It doesn't matter what real life situations you are dealing with. The simple truth of the site was that it was built as a breeding sim where male and female were absolutes. No way to change. you need one male and one female to create hatchlings. Those are the simple facts of the website. You can still have trans dragons. Lots of people do. A Pose change scroll would go a long way to helping those as well, without breaking the site or the economy to do it.
@Valemora

Would a pose change scroll work for your wildclaw? Or did you want to breed it to a female?

(below is not to Valemora)

As for the coding, exactly how do you know it would be easier to remove the code that put the male on top? do you work for the site?

Plus, it is more than just lineage, there is the nesting grounds, and every other place where it asks you to choose the male and female dragons. Those would need to be changed.

Yes, every suggestion requires coding (okay, probably nearly every), but there is coding, and then there is breaking the site, and then there is rewriting the site from the ground up. I do not know which one this falls into but I suspect that it falls more towards the third than the first.

It doesn't matter what real life situations you are dealing with. The simple truth of the site was that it was built as a breeding sim where male and female were absolutes. No way to change. you need one male and one female to create hatchlings. Those are the simple facts of the website. You can still have trans dragons. Lots of people do. A Pose change scroll would go a long way to helping those as well, without breaking the site or the economy to do it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I cannot support this.
To address some specific points

Despite some people not having an interest in breeding a huge amount do. It takes time and patience to get the dragon you want. Anything valuable worth having is worth working for.

Admins have stated they have no plans in a great deal due to coding. If it was a few lines of code they could toss in then the coding issue would not be an issue. However multiple people in multiple threads who have fare more coding experience have said it would literally be a re-write of all dragon information and basically 80% of the site.

As far as Transgender people are concerned much like in real life there is nothing they can do to change the internal workings of their body. It is sad that there cannot be a complete transition but it is a fact. A pose change scroll quite literally mimics the transition process (well much faster tbh). They are not able to have children unless they only have the most cosmetic procedures. Any change to the sex organs makes them sterile.

So here we have a feature that would do multiple things, not just one of the possibilities but all of them. A pose change scroll accomplishes exactly what it would do in real life. Change the exterior to match the interior without a complete re-write of the site and changing much of the goal of the user base.
I cannot support this.
To address some specific points

Despite some people not having an interest in breeding a huge amount do. It takes time and patience to get the dragon you want. Anything valuable worth having is worth working for.

Admins have stated they have no plans in a great deal due to coding. If it was a few lines of code they could toss in then the coding issue would not be an issue. However multiple people in multiple threads who have fare more coding experience have said it would literally be a re-write of all dragon information and basically 80% of the site.

As far as Transgender people are concerned much like in real life there is nothing they can do to change the internal workings of their body. It is sad that there cannot be a complete transition but it is a fact. A pose change scroll quite literally mimics the transition process (well much faster tbh). They are not able to have children unless they only have the most cosmetic procedures. Any change to the sex organs makes them sterile.

So here we have a feature that would do multiple things, not just one of the possibilities but all of them. A pose change scroll accomplishes exactly what it would do in real life. Change the exterior to match the interior without a complete re-write of the site and changing much of the goal of the user base.
Stuff will one day go here.
I agree with Jemadar-I think pose change scrolls are the best way to go as a compromise without having to basically recode 5 million things. Genes and the like were coded in from the beginning; gender change scrolls were not and given on how much they would affect, there's way more coding that would need to be done to address every which way they would.

I also think it would be best for everyone to step back and take a breather. No need to get upset at each other over this.
I agree with Jemadar-I think pose change scrolls are the best way to go as a compromise without having to basically recode 5 million things. Genes and the like were coded in from the beginning; gender change scrolls were not and given on how much they would affect, there's way more coding that would need to be done to address every which way they would.

I also think it would be best for everyone to step back and take a breather. No need to get upset at each other over this.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
@LunaSea [quote]As far as Transgender people are concerned much like in real life there is nothing they can do to change the internal workings of their body. It is sad that there cannot be a complete transition but it is a fact. A pose change scroll quite literally mimics the transition process (well much faster tbh). They are not able to have children unless they only have the most cosmetic procedures. Any change to the sex organs makes them sterile.[/quote] Ok but like as a trans person very active in the trans community this is complete bologna and I'd appreciate it if you did your research before spouting off "facts" about something you do not understand and misrepresenting a community that is already stigmatized and misunderstand by the greater population.
@LunaSea
Quote:

Ok but like as a trans person very active in the trans community this is complete bologna and I'd appreciate it if you did your research before spouting off "facts" about something you do not understand and misrepresenting a community that is already stigmatized and misunderstand by the greater population.
All prices negotiable! ~~~~ Gem conversion rate 1:600
tumblr_nuguudgobj1tel0d6o1_r1_540.jpg
The breeding grounds asks you for a male and a female if the scroll changes one to the other it would show up in the dragons coding and it would be listed under male. How is that hard? They wouldnt need to change anything but how the lineage is listed, otherwise the dragon just shows up as a male or female regardless of how it started. You're way over thinking it. You dont need to keep both codes, just have the scroll change the code listed for the dragons gender as one or the other. I do have a bit of coding experience thank you. Maybe not a degree, but experience. do YOU? I still stand by my argument that if you want the game to be a challenge take the gene scrolls away and actually work for it. Otherwise your "too easy" argument holds no grounds to a game thats already too easy. [quote]As far as Transgender people are concerned much like in real life there is nothing they can do to change the internal workings of their body. It is sad that there cannot be a complete transition but it is a fact. A pose change scroll quite literally mimics the transition process (well much faster tbh). They are not able to have children unless they only have the most cosmetic procedures. Any change to the sex organs makes them sterile.[/quote] Its called surgery, and its considered a complete transition. Also science is working on the issues your thinking about. AND they are pretty close too.
The breeding grounds asks you for a male and a female if the scroll changes one to the other it would show up in the dragons coding and it would be listed under male. How is that hard? They wouldnt need to change anything but how the lineage is listed, otherwise the dragon just shows up as a male or female regardless of how it started. You're way over thinking it. You dont need to keep both codes, just have the scroll change the code listed for the dragons gender as one or the other.

I do have a bit of coding experience thank you. Maybe not a degree, but experience. do YOU?

I still stand by my argument that if you want the game to be a challenge take the gene scrolls away and actually work for it. Otherwise your "too easy" argument holds no grounds to a game thats already too easy.

Quote:

Its called surgery, and its considered a complete transition. Also science is working on the issues your thinking about. AND they are pretty close too.

[quote name="Qnyxz" date=2016-03-08 05:21:46] @/Dragonxborn People, People. People, we can discuss this until the dead horse has been turned to dust from all the kicking that we seem to keep doing every time this suggestion is brought up. The simple fact, and one I do not think will ever change or should ever change...... Answered by the Administration Quote: Quote: Are we ever going to get sex change scrolls? We have no plans to release an item like this. Source: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/141 End of story! Bye-bye! See ya later. [/quote] Okay, but they said they "had no plans" to release the Wandering Surgepriest and Fan Scorpion (or what is the Hydra i don't remember) as Familiars but... [item=Wandering Surgepriest][item=Fan Scorpion] (sorry for the accidental ping Dragonborn!)
Qnyxz wrote on 2016-03-08:
@/Dragonxborn

Quote:

Quote:

Okay, but they said they "had no plans" to release the Wandering Surgepriest and Fan Scorpion (or what is the Hydra i don't remember) as Familiars but...

Wandering Surgepriest Fan Scorpion

(sorry for the accidental ping Dragonborn!)
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7