Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | That Enemy That Creeps You Out
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[center][color=purple][font=Gabriola][size=4] Hoo boy. [img]http://cdn.wikimg.net/strategywiki/images/0/02/DogIsland_bat.jpg[/img] THIS. THIS LITTLE THING. It's a bat from The Dog Island (a really cute PS2/Wii game). Now, you may say it's cute but nONONNO. For me, these were my worst nightmare. And they still are. Not the worst enemies in the game, certainly not. The thing is, these stupid bats remain asleep when you're not moving quickly or at a standstill. But once you begin to run, BAM! there's like 50 of them chasing after you. You have a warning when they're going to come after you, but it's still horrible. I played this game not to long ago and I was panicking as soon as I entered the place where there were bats. They may or may not be the cause of my bat phobia, but it's certainly a factor towards it.
Hoo boy.

DogIsland_bat.jpg
THIS. THIS LITTLE THING. It's a bat from The Dog Island (a really cute PS2/Wii game). Now, you may say it's cute but nONONNO. For me, these were my worst nightmare. And they still are. Not the worst enemies in the game, certainly not. The thing is, these stupid bats remain asleep when you're not moving quickly or at a standstill. But once you begin to run, BAM! there's like 50 of them chasing after you. You have a warning when they're going to come after you, but it's still horrible. I played this game not to long ago and I was panicking as soon as I entered the place where there were bats.
They may or may not be the cause of my bat phobia, but it's certainly a factor towards it.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
[quote name="Piratewolfie" date=2016-02-17 14:45:33] And the butler in some Tomb Raider game my dad got me when I was a kid. He was so.. scary somehow and it didn't really help that he followed you all over the place. I dropped the game and only ever restarted up until you entered the mansion, never dared go past that! I haven't a clue if he was an enemy or just a random chracter, but... wow did that ever freak me out! [/quote] @Piratewolfie When I saw this thread, that butler was one of the first things that popped into my head. Ah yes, the butler. A friendly NPC that tracked you down no matter where you went and just... stood there. Staring into your soul. You couldn't shoot him (his tray must've been made of solid bullet-proof mysterium, because it shielded him from bullet showers of all kinds), you couldn't run or hide from him, and he had a tendency to just suddenly be standing there when you turned around. ._. I found out that you could lock him in the big walk-in freezer, though. It was the only way to get rid of him. That sure showed him not to stalk me. :'D I've played a few horror games, and none of the enemies really creep me out too much. But man, that creepy butler in that one Tomb Raider game. 8I
Piratewolfie wrote on 2016-02-17:
And the butler in some Tomb Raider game my dad got me when I was a kid. He was so.. scary somehow and it didn't really help that he followed you all over the place. I dropped the game and only ever restarted up until you entered the mansion, never dared go past that! I haven't a clue if he was an enemy or just a random chracter, but... wow did that ever freak me out!

@Piratewolfie
When I saw this thread, that butler was one of the first things that popped into my head.

Ah yes, the butler. A friendly NPC that tracked you down no matter where you went and just... stood there. Staring into your soul. You couldn't shoot him (his tray must've been made of solid bullet-proof mysterium, because it shielded him from bullet showers of all kinds), you couldn't run or hide from him, and he had a tendency to just suddenly be standing there when you turned around. ._.
I found out that you could lock him in the big walk-in freezer, though. It was the only way to get rid of him. That sure showed him not to stalk me. :'D

I've played a few horror games, and none of the enemies really creep me out too much.
But man, that creepy butler in that one Tomb Raider game. 8I
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
@Zenzic someone understands at last! It's quite stupid how a game can be non-horror in every way, and then still have this character giving you the chills. I never realized you could get rid of him, but gawd, did he ever scare me! Jeez, irl you'd fire a butler for doing that o_O ;w;
@Zenzic someone understands at last! It's quite stupid how a game can be non-horror in every way, and then still have this character giving you the chills. I never realized you could get rid of him, but gawd, did he ever scare me! Jeez, irl you'd fire a butler for doing that o_O ;w;
CEMkO7t.png gifYPqJ.png
@Piratewolfie

:'D
I almost forgot to mention that he also made these really creepy sounds. Which of course only further improved his creepy factor. :'D
Sometimes the most unsettling things are those which were made so uninentionally. 8D

I hope Laura fired him or at least locked in in the freezer forever. ;o;

My bro and I used to make light of his creepiness by making fun of him whenever we shoved him in the freezer. (like how those drink glasses on his tray are like, superglued to said tray and don't fall off when he uses it for a shield)
One time, I put on his fake old-man voice and said,
"Are your drinks... cold enough, madam?"
It became an instant in-joke that we still laugh about today.
@Piratewolfie

:'D
I almost forgot to mention that he also made these really creepy sounds. Which of course only further improved his creepy factor. :'D
Sometimes the most unsettling things are those which were made so uninentionally. 8D

I hope Laura fired him or at least locked in in the freezer forever. ;o;

My bro and I used to make light of his creepiness by making fun of him whenever we shoved him in the freezer. (like how those drink glasses on his tray are like, superglued to said tray and don't fall off when he uses it for a shield)
One time, I put on his fake old-man voice and said,
"Are your drinks... cold enough, madam?"
It became an instant in-joke that we still laugh about today.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
From a horror game so it's to be expected but... [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/52PwoMt3v9E/hqdefault.jpg[/img] Twin Victims from Silent Hill 4. First time I saw one it was in a rotunda and I go around the corner and I see (thanks to the bad camera angles) this THING point and me and whisper, then charge at me. At first for some reason I thought it was an ostrich lol. But yeah it caught me offguard.
From a horror game so it's to be expected but...

hqdefault.jpg

Twin Victims from Silent Hill 4. First time I saw one it was in a rotunda and I go around the corner and I see (thanks to the bad camera angles) this THING point and me and whisper, then charge at me. At first for some reason I thought it was an ostrich lol. But yeah it caught me offguard.
OjayHBU.png
I haven't played through much of silent hill homecoming but I have play enough to know that this things scare me [img]http://www.silenthillmemories.net/sh5/arts/pics/shh_art_cre_19_chism.jpg[/img] And these from silent hill 2, I know they are not very dangerous but they attack your feet and I have a fear of having my feet touched XD [img]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/silent/images/1/19/Mandarin.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20151118220154.jpg[/img]
I haven't played through much of silent hill homecoming but I have play enough to know that this things scare me
shh_art_cre_19_chism.jpg
And these from silent hill 2, I know they are not very dangerous but they attack your feet and I have a fear of having my feet touched XD
250?cb=20151118220154.jpg
Literally Anything from the Silent Hill series /shudders.
Also the poes from Twilight Princess specifically are terrifying.
Literally Anything from the Silent Hill series /shudders.
Also the poes from Twilight Princess specifically are terrifying.
tumblr_inline_nq0r6s19iA1syr94a_500.png
@DemiFiend

oh heck no please I'm a grown woman and I am still reduced to a whimpering mess at that gross awful thing, no no no no no
@DemiFiend

oh heck no please I'm a grown woman and I am still reduced to a whimpering mess at that gross awful thing, no no no no no
Rve7uPU.png
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee92/luseylottay/MabelSpinRunAway_zps8oivyib5.gif[/img] [img]http://www.blondenerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/grossness.jpg[/img] [img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee92/luseylottay/MabelSpinRun_zpskvnnensp.gif[/img]
MabelSpinRunAway_zps8oivyib5.gif
grossness.jpg
MabelSpinRun_zpskvnnensp.gif
-sips tea-
[img]https://49.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7o0m05pg81rb4oevo2_500.gif[/img] Now they're old hat, but initially I thought they were the spookiest.
tumblr_m7o0m05pg81rb4oevo2_500.gif

Now they're old hat, but initially I thought they were the spookiest.
tumblr_nsr3ya7mQf1t0ob39o1_250.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12