Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Stained: A Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 104 105 106 107 108 ... 116 117
Cool
Cool
center]UZVTEBc.png[/center]
Well personally I love the new gene. Muted colours are sorta my jam.
Well personally I love the new gene. Muted colours are sorta my jam.
Ooh that new gene looks really interesting, can't wait to try it out! :D
Ooh that new gene looks really interesting, can't wait to try it out! :D
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o3_100.png .... > Goal: complete bestiary
> (excluding KS + Boolean)

> Dragons for sale
.............. Looking for:
13359.png
................. tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o1_100.png
wooah that looks really pretty ;a;
wooah that looks really pretty ;a;

JrFZWwz.pnggiphy.gif
It's an awesomely versatile gene, but it really should be in the treasure marketplace. It's just a low-opacity color filter - not really worth that many gems.
It's an awesomely versatile gene, but it really should be in the treasure marketplace. It's just a low-opacity color filter - not really worth that many gems.
[quote name="Malware" date=2016-01-31 14:54:19] I really don't understand the people who try to squash all critical discussion of Stained. I've seen a lot of "If you don't like it, don't buy it, and don't waste your time complaining about it." Of course I'm not going to buy it if I don't like it, and of course no one is forcing me to buy it. No one criticizing the gene is saying that. But, if the vast majority of the userbase thinks that a gene is objectively poorly done, from an artistic viewpoint (it's not just a "It works on some dragons, and not others!" kind of gene), isn't it important for staff to know? The whole point of criticism is for the receiver to learn from their mistakes and consider acting differently going forward. Criticizing FR staff's choices isn't "rude" or giving them "hate", it's criticizing how they are choosing to run their business, as customers of that business. It's completely different than giving a random artist on the internet unsolicited criticism on an art piece they've shared. Anyways, I'm happy to discuss this with others, but I would appreciate if it could be done so calmly. [/quote] You. I like you. A+ post.
Malware wrote on 2016-01-31:
I really don't understand the people who try to squash all critical discussion of Stained. I've seen a lot of "If you don't like it, don't buy it, and don't waste your time complaining about it."

Of course I'm not going to buy it if I don't like it, and of course no one is forcing me to buy it. No one criticizing the gene is saying that.

But, if the vast majority of the userbase thinks that a gene is objectively poorly done, from an artistic viewpoint (it's not just a "It works on some dragons, and not others!" kind of gene), isn't it important for staff to know? The whole point of criticism is for the receiver to learn from their mistakes and consider acting differently going forward.

Criticizing FR staff's choices isn't "rude" or giving them "hate", it's criticizing how they are choosing to run their business, as customers of that business. It's completely different than giving a random artist on the internet unsolicited criticism on an art piece they've shared.

Anyways, I'm happy to discuss this with others, but I would appreciate if it could be done so calmly.

You. I like you.
A+ post.
OfWMi9m.gif
[quote name="Dysnomia" date=2016-02-02 10:15:45] It's an awesomely versatile gene, but it really should be in the treasure marketplace. It's just a low-opacity color filter - not really worth that many gems. [/quote] I love the way stained works with some of my dragons, but I have to definitely agree with this. I'm not very eager to spend actual money on this gene. It would be much better suited for a treasure gene.
Dysnomia wrote on 2016-02-02:

I love the way stained works with some of my dragons, but I have to definitely agree with this. I'm not very eager to spend actual money on this gene. It would be much better suited for a treasure gene.
hu72dVR.png
Oh look other.... Gem gggeeeeennnnneeeeeeee.... Cos we really needed more of them
Oh look other.... Gem gggeeeeennnnneeeeeeee.... Cos we really needed more of them
I love this gene, but it honestly isn't worth that much.

seriously though I'm just so salty about all the time FR has to spend creating new genes & stuff YET THERE HASN'T EVEN BEEN NEWS ABOUT THE COLOUR WHEEL EXPANSION.
I love this gene, but it honestly isn't worth that much.

seriously though I'm just so salty about all the time FR has to spend creating new genes & stuff YET THERE HASN'T EVEN BEEN NEWS ABOUT THE COLOUR WHEEL EXPANSION.
1V5lI2H.png
1 2 ... 104 105 106 107 108 ... 116 117