Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Stained: A Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 116 117
This is perfect. <3
This is perfect. <3
tumblr_oa88tnZ3jZ1v15k4vo1_250.pngtumblr_oa88tnZ3jZ1v15k4vo2_250.pngtumblr_oa88tnZ3jZ1v15k4vo3_250.png
[quote name="Robot" date=2016-01-31 17:16:05] Personally, I like the expensive photoshop filter. Not the expensive part, mind you, but I've been wishing for a way to complete a dragon's genes whose tert was totally bonk for its primary and secondary. This is a way to forge harmony between my completionism and repulsion at ugly terts, where in the past I'd just settle for the least offensive looking tert gene rather than leaving tert basic. [/quote] @Robot I've always personally tried to view basic as a gene itself. Especially when a tertiary gene would really take away from the beauty of the dragon. I spent a lot of time looking at my butterflies before I finally decided I was going to make their primary and tertiary both basic so nothing at all would distracted from the vibrancy of their wings (they're whitexwhite). It was a risky move on my part but I found a surprising amount of good reception from doing it and was very surprised to see my selling for 250+kt or 800+g even as basics because their beauty really had a chance to shine through unhindered. Don't count basic out! Sometimes it can be a blessing in being so.... basic... xD But I do enjoy this new tert direction. It's really different!
Robot wrote on 2016-01-31:
Personally, I like the expensive photoshop filter. Not the expensive part, mind you, but I've been wishing for a way to complete a dragon's genes whose tert was totally bonk for its primary and secondary. This is a way to forge harmony between my completionism and repulsion at ugly terts, where in the past I'd just settle for the least offensive looking tert gene rather than leaving tert basic.

@Robot I've always personally tried to view basic as a gene itself. Especially when a tertiary gene would really take away from the beauty of the dragon. I spent a lot of time looking at my butterflies before I finally decided I was going to make their primary and tertiary both basic so nothing at all would distracted from the vibrancy of their wings (they're whitexwhite). It was a risky move on my part but I found a surprising amount of good reception from doing it and was very surprised to see my selling for 250+kt or 800+g even as basics because their beauty really had a chance to shine through unhindered.
Don't count basic out! Sometimes it can be a blessing in being so.... basic... xD

But I do enjoy this new tert direction. It's really different!
I'm just repeating what tons have said before me but I don't feel this should be a gem gene. It's way too expensive.
I'm just repeating what tons have said before me but I don't feel this should be a gem gene. It's way too expensive.
This gene is just... ugh, not fan. It'll look pretty hideous in most colours, so you have to be super picky with it, pickier even than with Crackle methinks, and it's just so underwhelming. Maybe if the colour was a bit stronger, it would be better, but it isn't. That, and it's a gem gene. I will never pay gems for a gene like that. Circuit at least is really cool-looking. Glimmer is really pretty. This isn't worth it. At least when Thylacine was released and a lot of people didn't like it it was a treasure gene, and a relatively cheap one at that.

On a brighter note, MAREN FAMILIARS! I'm hoping to get some of them in the near future!
This gene is just... ugh, not fan. It'll look pretty hideous in most colours, so you have to be super picky with it, pickier even than with Crackle methinks, and it's just so underwhelming. Maybe if the colour was a bit stronger, it would be better, but it isn't. That, and it's a gem gene. I will never pay gems for a gene like that. Circuit at least is really cool-looking. Glimmer is really pretty. This isn't worth it. At least when Thylacine was released and a lot of people didn't like it it was a treasure gene, and a relatively cheap one at that.

On a brighter note, MAREN FAMILIARS! I'm hoping to get some of them in the near future!
Vigorous Goblet I collect Vigorous Goblets
Vampire Hunting: Scatterquest

_____
Iron Treasure Chest Festival Shop
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
Oooo I may actually get a paint dragon now. :O This makes things so diffferent!
Oooo I may actually get a paint dragon now. :O This makes things so diffferent!
forterectitude_by_fruit_batz_d8t46k5_by_valandelle-d8t57j4.png
LOVE LOVE LOVE the new familiars!!!!
Idk about the new Tert. though...it seems very.........blah...
It adds more color choices, yes, but it just kinda seems a bit pointless to me and a bit "we have no other ideas"
Sorry to say it but this is the one new gene from the past few months that I just have not liked :(
LOVE LOVE LOVE the new familiars!!!!
Idk about the new Tert. though...it seems very.........blah...
It adds more color choices, yes, but it just kinda seems a bit pointless to me and a bit "we have no other ideas"
Sorry to say it but this is the one new gene from the past few months that I just have not liked :(
The Water Flight
wx4q.png
More Powerful Than The Greatest of Waves
Interesting gene to work with! I quite like it~
Interesting gene to work with! I quite like it~
So... stained is kind of like a faint, overall hue change? It's very interesting.
So... stained is kind of like a faint, overall hue change? It's very interesting.
deity_shadowbinder_by_dogi_crimson-da4xq7y.gifdeity_plaguebringer_by_dogi_crimson-daayujd.gifdeity_flamecaller_by_dogi_crimson-da7kf8e.gifdeity_stormchaser_by_dogi_crimson-da9bmz2.gifdeity_tidelord_by_dogi_crimson-dadpfgb.gif
is it me or are they releasing way more gem gene's currently then treasure? i found this out by scrying didnt know it was out till now
is it me or are they releasing way more gem gene's currently then treasure? i found this out by scrying didnt know it was out till now
orpan_badge_by_raorahaga-da7f6fu.png place for unwanted g1's to be dropped off and adopted
A subtle tert! I love it, wish it was not gem though but oh well I understand the site needs them.
A subtle tert! I love it, wish it was not gem though but oh well I understand the site needs them.
30nhk3n.pngzvrigi.jpg30nhk3n.png
1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 116 117