Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Stained: A Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 116 117
cue all the kids going "WOW MAN STAINED IS AWESOME"

its just the same thing as putting tumblr filters on your dragons. e_e pretty lame.
cue all the kids going "WOW MAN STAINED IS AWESOME"

its just the same thing as putting tumblr filters on your dragons. e_e pretty lame.
As someone who prefers more muted colours this gene is perfect; but I definitely agree with those who are complaining about the price. Like, it's cheaper to just buy a skin which adds a solid colour overlay than it is this gene; I see no reason at all for it to be a gem gene which is expensive as circuit and glimmer! I might use it in breeding projects, but I'm sure as heck not going to buy it myself. (which sucks, because I have a gen 1 who would look perfect with stained :'/ )
As someone who prefers more muted colours this gene is perfect; but I definitely agree with those who are complaining about the price. Like, it's cheaper to just buy a skin which adds a solid colour overlay than it is this gene; I see no reason at all for it to be a gem gene which is expensive as circuit and glimmer! I might use it in breeding projects, but I'm sure as heck not going to buy it myself. (which sucks, because I have a gen 1 who would look perfect with stained :'/ )
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
art by Kengee!
I was really excited to get this gene, and then I checked the MP and...it's a gem gene.

I guess it's true that we don't have a lot of gem terts currently, but this seems like an odd choice? It looks more like an underbelly-tier gene to me; all the other gem genes are so much more detailed and elaborate than this. Such a shame, I'd be all over it if it were a treasure gene.

EDIT: Just saw someone suggest it as a Baldwin gene, and now I'm really sad because that would have been perfect. Reasonably priced, interesting, and it would have even tied into the alchemy lore really well!
I was really excited to get this gene, and then I checked the MP and...it's a gem gene.

I guess it's true that we don't have a lot of gem terts currently, but this seems like an odd choice? It looks more like an underbelly-tier gene to me; all the other gem genes are so much more detailed and elaborate than this. Such a shame, I'd be all over it if it were a treasure gene.

EDIT: Just saw someone suggest it as a Baldwin gene, and now I'm really sad because that would have been perfect. Reasonably priced, interesting, and it would have even tied into the alchemy lore really well!
What is even the point of this new gene? I mean if you want a dragons colours to be like the stained ones can't you just go out and buy a different dragon with colours like that instead of spending ridiculous amounts of money for this gene to mute a dragon you already got. is this some kind of scam?
I scryed a bunch of my own dragons and all the outcomes came out with colours close enough to existing ones so why even bother i'm so confused ;~;
What is even the point of this new gene? I mean if you want a dragons colours to be like the stained ones can't you just go out and buy a different dragon with colours like that instead of spending ridiculous amounts of money for this gene to mute a dragon you already got. is this some kind of scam?
I scryed a bunch of my own dragons and all the outcomes came out with colours close enough to existing ones so why even bother i'm so confused ;~;
. . . . tumblr_inline_prbs2nvhK61qh4vob_500.png . . . .
D A R K R U N E
♣ Art Shop
♦ Adoptables
Wishlist
Tumblr

. . . . tumblr_inline_prbznf9HXy1qh4vob_500.png
The gene is cool and useful but I'll agree with all the people who say it's a lazy photoshop filter. It really really shouldn't be the price it is.
The gene is cool and useful but I'll agree with all the people who say it's a lazy photoshop filter. It really really shouldn't be the price it is.
oh cool, one less gene i'll have to buy. mostly makes my dergs muddy/grey/faded.
oh cool, one less gene i'll have to buy. mostly makes my dergs muddy/grey/faded.
UBaiWUV.png
Pgv53XB.png
cFHVk5Q.png
HugYtfH.png
×××× sushi ghoul - they/them - i identify as tired ××××
gem sales thread | sushi's ghouls - hatchery
semi-hiatus
lair revamp sales thread (upcoming)
mlHpBMC.png
ZwbGqUa.png
omKpPgG.png
qeWy3Ik.png
Personally, I like the expensive photoshop filter. Not the expensive part, mind you, but I've been wishing for a way to complete a dragon's genes whose tert was totally bonk for its primary and secondary. This is a way to forge harmony between my completionism and repulsion at ugly terts, where in the past I'd just settle for the least offensive looking tert gene rather than leaving tert basic.
Personally, I like the expensive photoshop filter. Not the expensive part, mind you, but I've been wishing for a way to complete a dragon's genes whose tert was totally bonk for its primary and secondary. This is a way to forge harmony between my completionism and repulsion at ugly terts, where in the past I'd just settle for the least offensive looking tert gene rather than leaving tert basic.
tumblr_inline_mmmahxnVYe1roozkr.gif
WOOO!
WOOO!
I'm confused... what creature drops the Hydra accent?
I'm confused... what creature drops the Hydra accent?
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
[quote name="March" date=2016-01-30 23:24:43] i'm gonna be a ghost before i get to see the ghost gene released [/quote] ^^^^^^^^ This.
March wrote on 2016-01-30:
i'm gonna be a ghost before i get to see the ghost gene released
^^^^^^^^ This.
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 116 117