Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird childhood stories.
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 54 55
So in second grade we had this thing called Fun Friday where at the end of the day on Friday we would get some free time. On one frtidfay it was hat day. I remember wearing a red cowgirl hat. There werr some girls who were the popular girls of the glass, so everyone did what they did. Anyway on that hat day, we played royal kingdom whatever. In a dersperate race to fit in, I dubbed myself the royal cowgirl.

Also in second grade, we were all obsessed with spy stuff. So, our teacher gave us file folders to use as computers!

Also we used to "sell colors" which is where we putt color hues on a paper and people "bought them"

Second grade was a year full of strange events
So in second grade we had this thing called Fun Friday where at the end of the day on Friday we would get some free time. On one frtidfay it was hat day. I remember wearing a red cowgirl hat. There werr some girls who were the popular girls of the glass, so everyone did what they did. Anyway on that hat day, we played royal kingdom whatever. In a dersperate race to fit in, I dubbed myself the royal cowgirl.

Also in second grade, we were all obsessed with spy stuff. So, our teacher gave us file folders to use as computers!

Also we used to "sell colors" which is where we putt color hues on a paper and people "bought them"

Second grade was a year full of strange events
4wPbTeZ.jpgSyCN2na.pngaM4Qu0f.gifOFrfPUV.pngSN6WNSw.png
When I was a smol and evil child, I convinced my siblings that Hardee's (aka HEARTies) was a cannibal restaurant, and that the tenth person to walk through the door was dinner.

When we stopped there for lunch one day, they were both screaming "NOOOOO I DONT WANT TO DIE" like ready to pee themselves and it is to this day my proudest accomplishment
When I was a smol and evil child, I convinced my siblings that Hardee's (aka HEARTies) was a cannibal restaurant, and that the tenth person to walk through the door was dinner.

When we stopped there for lunch one day, they were both screaming "NOOOOO I DONT WANT TO DIE" like ready to pee themselves and it is to this day my proudest accomplishment
please ping if you respond/quote except in my own threads

looking to buy skycat, golden idol, cog frog, pm if you're selling
I used to hoard rocks. I've since stopped, but I think I have several thousand of them now.
I used to hoard rocks. I've since stopped, but I think I have several thousand of them now.
one of my favorite childhood activities was getting people to eat things that really shouldn't be eaten. I told this kid staying with us one summer that bird berries tasted like fruit roll ups, so she ate some and very quickly realized that they do not in fact taste like fruit roll ups. also in the first and second grade at recess my friend and I would run around and I would point to stuff (mainly plants, often goldenrod) and tell him to eat it, and he would. in the sixth grade he tried to eat a wet wipe but that one was all him.

I'd like to think that if I knew some of the stuff I was convincing people to eat was dangerous I wouldn't have done it, but I was a surprisingly evil child, so who knows.
one of my favorite childhood activities was getting people to eat things that really shouldn't be eaten. I told this kid staying with us one summer that bird berries tasted like fruit roll ups, so she ate some and very quickly realized that they do not in fact taste like fruit roll ups. also in the first and second grade at recess my friend and I would run around and I would point to stuff (mainly plants, often goldenrod) and tell him to eat it, and he would. in the sixth grade he tried to eat a wet wipe but that one was all him.

I'd like to think that if I knew some of the stuff I was convincing people to eat was dangerous I wouldn't have done it, but I was a surprisingly evil child, so who knows.
iceflight_by_kitsunka-d8l0oi6.png
bump
bump
When I was little we had one of those small inflatable pools and one day I tried to "dive" into it (I was like 4, don't judge) and my head hit the concrete underneath and I think my older sister was sitting in the pool? Anyways she didn't do anything but it hurt A LOT so I ran to this plastic table that we had and I started running circles around the legs of the table and I think I was screaming and my mum came running out of the house.

Also I thought pads were just huge stickers so I stuck them to the washing machine.
When I was little we had one of those small inflatable pools and one day I tried to "dive" into it (I was like 4, don't judge) and my head hit the concrete underneath and I think my older sister was sitting in the pool? Anyways she didn't do anything but it hurt A LOT so I ran to this plastic table that we had and I started running circles around the legs of the table and I think I was screaming and my mum came running out of the house.

Also I thought pads were just huge stickers so I stuck them to the washing machine.
UqHFmmO.png female | lv25s for sale
I was 7 or 8 years old and I remember waking up during the middle of the night and it was unusually bright. For some reason I had the extreme urge to look out the window and I saw 5 shadows of cloaked figures and I saw one carrying a box. They walked by my deck and stopped and the one carrying placed down the box right by my deck. I was terrified I jumped on to my bed and hid under the covers until I fell asleep again the next day I searched for the box and found nothing to this day I still have no idea what I saw or what it meant.
I was 7 or 8 years old and I remember waking up during the middle of the night and it was unusually bright. For some reason I had the extreme urge to look out the window and I saw 5 shadows of cloaked figures and I saw one carrying a box. They walked by my deck and stopped and the one carrying placed down the box right by my deck. I was terrified I jumped on to my bed and hid under the covers until I fell asleep again the next day I searched for the box and found nothing to this day I still have no idea what I saw or what it meant.
The Eyes Are Useless When The Mind Is Blindfor_neodogstar_by_hiyahyro42-d9n4o66.png
@sen507 I had a friend that was the same way except he made up plans to edter!inate the human race and threatening my family to get me to help him to this day I still have trust issues because of him.
@sen507 I had a friend that was the same way except he made up plans to edter!inate the human race and threatening my family to get me to help him to this day I still have trust issues because of him.
The Eyes Are Useless When The Mind Is Blindfor_neodogstar_by_hiyahyro42-d9n4o66.png
When I was a baby (about 1ish) my parents used to sit me on the lawn to play while they worked on things in the yard a little ways away. But for some reason as soon as they stopped watching me like a hawk I would beeline for the gravel driveway we had and go sit in the middle near the gross oil slick gravel gets, and I would pick up stones from it and pop them in my mouth, swish them around to get all the ick off, then spit them back out and repeat. We have no idea why.

Another time, on my first fathers day I was toddling around the garage and found a can of paint thinner (complete with brushes sticking out) so I took all the brushes out and took a swig. Me and dad spent the day on the front lawn of the hospital

And then in grade 1, we had a substitute teacher and we had blocks to play with and for some reason we had to ask to play with the circular ones? But anyway the substitute wouldnt let me play with the circle ones so I got mad at her and kicked her in the shins. I then ran outside and climbed to the top of the jungle gym and spat at her every time she tried to come get me down. Eventually she got fed up and went to get the principal but my friend leaned out the door as soon as she was gone and told me she left so I climbed down, ran inside, and was sitting nicely at my desk by the time the principal showed up.
When I was a baby (about 1ish) my parents used to sit me on the lawn to play while they worked on things in the yard a little ways away. But for some reason as soon as they stopped watching me like a hawk I would beeline for the gravel driveway we had and go sit in the middle near the gross oil slick gravel gets, and I would pick up stones from it and pop them in my mouth, swish them around to get all the ick off, then spit them back out and repeat. We have no idea why.

Another time, on my first fathers day I was toddling around the garage and found a can of paint thinner (complete with brushes sticking out) so I took all the brushes out and took a swig. Me and dad spent the day on the front lawn of the hospital

And then in grade 1, we had a substitute teacher and we had blocks to play with and for some reason we had to ask to play with the circular ones? But anyway the substitute wouldnt let me play with the circle ones so I got mad at her and kicked her in the shins. I then ran outside and climbed to the top of the jungle gym and spat at her every time she tried to come get me down. Eventually she got fed up and went to get the principal but my friend leaned out the door as soon as she was gone and told me she left so I climbed down, ran inside, and was sitting nicely at my desk by the time the principal showed up.
[quote name="Hummbirds" date=2015-08-26 21:19:10] ...I caught SillyPutty on fire with a halogen lamp once. [/quote] Posted this earlier in the thread, but figured I'd elaborate so that you guys know more than one sentence. So as you would expect, I was a kid. We had Silly Putty. A few egg's worth. We also had a tall lamp with halogen bulbs that had a grate covering the top. My sister was in the next room over watching TV (Cyberchase, I believe). I had the smart idea to take the Glow-In-The-Dark Silly Putty, stretch it out over the lamp, and warm it up so that it got soft. I did this a few times by laying it over the lamp, going and watching TV for a few minutes, then coming back and picking it up. When it cooled off I did it again. At some point while I was "heating" it, my mom called me away, and when I came back, the little blob of putty was on fire. Just the little blob on top of the lamp. My mom turned the light off and it went out, but just to be safe she called 911. Only time my mom's ever had to call the fire department. If anyone was wondering, yes, both the lamp and the putty were toast. It was pretty embarrassing then, but now it's more of a family joke.
Hummbirds wrote on 2015-08-26:
...I caught SillyPutty on fire with a halogen lamp once.

Posted this earlier in the thread, but figured I'd elaborate so that you guys know more than one sentence.

So as you would expect, I was a kid. We had Silly Putty. A few egg's worth. We also had a tall lamp with halogen bulbs that had a grate covering the top. My sister was in the next room over watching TV (Cyberchase, I believe). I had the smart idea to take the Glow-In-The-Dark Silly Putty, stretch it out over the lamp, and warm it up so that it got soft. I did this a few times by laying it over the lamp, going and watching TV for a few minutes, then coming back and picking it up. When it cooled off I did it again.

At some point while I was "heating" it, my mom called me away, and when I came back, the little blob of putty was on fire. Just the little blob on top of the lamp. My mom turned the light off and it went out, but just to be safe she called 911. Only time my mom's ever had to call the fire department. If anyone was wondering, yes, both the lamp and the putty were toast.

It was pretty embarrassing then, but now it's more of a family joke.
ijSltiY.png OsScJdH.gif Y6PXVHf.gif IDpiM0V.gif
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 54 55