Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Thylacine: A new tertiary gene!
1 2 ... 80 81 82 83 84 ... 94 95
Late to the party, but I have to voice my disapproval on full-body stripes for the gene. Wings is fine, but full-body just doesn't live up to the name. At least okapi makes you think of the animal, all I see here is a tiger.
Late to the party, but I have to voice my disapproval on full-body stripes for the gene. Wings is fine, but full-body just doesn't live up to the name. At least okapi makes you think of the animal, all I see here is a tiger.
Yesss

AUSSIE GENE LETS GO
Yesss

AUSSIE GENE LETS GO
fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png
"My dragons have much to learn about themselves in Sornieth.
Before, inevitably, the shade claims them for her own."

Art Shop
Ohh!
Ohh!
I honestly think it's a glitch causing the colours to malfunction on dark primaries. Also,let's cut the artists a littl slack here,not only are they completely recolouring all the original genes for the new palate, but they've taken the time to invent and produce a totally new gene. We need new genes to regenerate interest from players on a regular basis, it also generates more funds passing round the game and invigorates the dragon market. The staff can only do their best, so let's all try to bear this in mind when criticising their actions. They treat us really well and they try pretty hard to make this place the great place it is, so let's keep that in mind, ok?
I honestly think it's a glitch causing the colours to malfunction on dark primaries. Also,let's cut the artists a littl slack here,not only are they completely recolouring all the original genes for the new palate, but they've taken the time to invent and produce a totally new gene. We need new genes to regenerate interest from players on a regular basis, it also generates more funds passing round the game and invigorates the dragon market. The staff can only do their best, so let's all try to bear this in mind when criticising their actions. They treat us really well and they try pretty hard to make this place the great place it is, so let's keep that in mind, ok?
I really like this gene with some color combos. Sure, it doesn't go well with some, but there are also plenty that I find it does go good with. For example, I absolutely love this little girl I just gened up: [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/199237/19923641_350.png?mtime=VpEcCgACYqo.png[/img] I can't wait for her to grow up! I agree that it could be a better gene, but I'm happy with it the way it is, and I'm glad to have another tertiary gene to mess around with <3
I really like this gene with some color combos. Sure, it doesn't go well with some, but there are also plenty that I find it does go good with.

For example, I absolutely love this little girl I just gened up: 19923641_350.png?mtime=VpEcCgACYqo.png
I can't wait for her to grow up!

I agree that it could be a better gene, but I'm happy with it the way it is, and I'm glad to have another tertiary gene to mess around with <3
The gradient clashes too much with most of the stripes and other genes. It looks like a blob in most cases. Is it... supposed to be like that...? Perhaps it just doesn't suit my tastes, but I do with that gradient had less opacity hnnn
The gradient clashes too much with most of the stripes and other genes. It looks like a blob in most cases. Is it... supposed to be like that...? Perhaps it just doesn't suit my tastes, but I do with that gradient had less opacity hnnn
aueklrj_by_diznits-d9phclb.png
[img]http://www.ezimba.com/work/160110C/ezimba15641019901900.jpg[/img] after testing it out some, I feel it looks better as a subtle gene. I guess I'm picky but a lot of the tertiary genes look bad to me, so maybe this is something I can finally work with. Maybe my first dragon may have finally found a gene combination that works with his ugly colors.
ezimba15641019901900.jpg

after testing it out some, I feel it looks better as a subtle gene. I guess I'm picky but a lot of the tertiary genes look bad to me, so maybe this is something I can finally work with. Maybe my first dragon may have finally found a gene combination that works with his ugly colors.
Art Thread
Skins and Accent Thread
need the meteorite miniature... so much....
need the meteorite miniature... so much....
for those of you who've been complaining about the gene: simply don't get it.

It's not like FR is going to change it just because people are making a fuss.

NOW LET'S FOCUS ON THOSE GORGEOUS FAMILIARS

1V5lI2H.png
[quote name="Chills" date=2016-01-09 07:51:41] for those of you who've been complaining about the gene: simply don't get it. It's not like FR is going to change it just because people are making a fuss. NOW LET'S FOCUS ON THOSE GORGEOUS FAMILIARS [/quote] There's a difference between a gene not looking good on some combinations and a gene that doesn't work at all because it's sloppily made and low quality compared to the rest of the genes. The artists should definitely do something to the gradient because to be completely honest, it's a hot mess on dark dragons right now. I really want to like thylacine and it looks wonderful on most light colored dragons, but you can't just make a half-assed gene and then shrug off the complaints because "oh its meant to only work on dragons with light primaries and dark terts"
Chills wrote on 2016-01-09:

There's a difference between a gene not looking good on some combinations and a gene that doesn't work at all because it's sloppily made and low quality compared to the rest of the genes. The artists should definitely do something to the gradient because to be completely honest, it's a hot mess on dark dragons right now.

I really want to like thylacine and it looks wonderful on most light colored dragons, but you can't just make a half-***** gene and then shrug off the complaints because "oh its meant to only work on dragons with light primaries and dark terts"
FoJSh5v.gif Fal
FR time +10
B0SOpoT.png
1 2 ... 80 81 82 83 84 ... 94 95