Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Incentives for rated play
I think FR should add prizes for being on the leaderboard decreasing as they go to the bottom... Also I think that at the end of the week it should make one final push to the dominance tally very Hogwarts(esque) 50 points for water or shadow so on and so forth... thoughts?
I think FR should add prizes for being on the leaderboard decreasing as they go to the bottom... Also I think that at the end of the week it should make one final push to the dominance tally very Hogwarts(esque) 50 points for water or shadow so on and so forth... thoughts?
No. There are a lot of people who don't run the coliseum, and the coliseum already drops so much stuff that prizes would be irrelevant. If the leaderboard should be giving anything, it should be an achievement.

Also no to the dominance push thing. How would it be determined? What would it be determined by? Would it make the people who band together and hatch, train, and exalt a thousand dragons completely irrelevant; like how catching the Golden Snitch completely invalidates all the hard work the other team did?
No. There are a lot of people who don't run the coliseum, and the coliseum already drops so much stuff that prizes would be irrelevant. If the leaderboard should be giving anything, it should be an achievement.

Also no to the dominance push thing. How would it be determined? What would it be determined by? Would it make the people who band together and hatch, train, and exalt a thousand dragons completely irrelevant; like how catching the Golden Snitch completely invalidates all the hard work the other team did?
tumblr_inline_nk71anzSWJ1qg2i5p.png
Well maybe exclusive prizes unachievable in the coliseum something to draw people to an otherwise unused portion of the site people play a few rated battles on Monday just to make the board then nothing...
As far a dom. goes obviously it shouldn't be enough to make last place first but I think if two clans are back and forth for a slot it would be interesting to have another element to the game then who can hatch the most or lowball the most dragons on the auction house... It shouldn't be irrelevant because a lot of people enjoy that kind of community play and for good reason. By no means a golden snitch but maybe a way for people to get involved who aren't part of the exalting band wagon.
Well maybe exclusive prizes unachievable in the coliseum something to draw people to an otherwise unused portion of the site people play a few rated battles on Monday just to make the board then nothing...
As far a dom. goes obviously it shouldn't be enough to make last place first but I think if two clans are back and forth for a slot it would be interesting to have another element to the game then who can hatch the most or lowball the most dragons on the auction house... It shouldn't be irrelevant because a lot of people enjoy that kind of community play and for good reason. By no means a golden snitch but maybe a way for people to get involved who aren't part of the exalting band wagon.
Well the coliseum is one of the biggest parts of the site...I would in no way call it unused.
No support for adding extra points -- what would be the basis? Would it just be the staff picking favorites, like Dumbledore throwing a bunch of points at Gryffindor for no reason to pull them into the lead? It would invalidate the other flights' hard work.
Well the coliseum is one of the biggest parts of the site...I would in no way call it unused.
No support for adding extra points -- what would be the basis? Would it just be the staff picking favorites, like Dumbledore throwing a bunch of points at Gryffindor for no reason to pull them into the lead? It would invalidate the other flights' hard work.
all of my hoards are located here! // free level twenty-four cauldron!
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
There is another idea that has more support:

Add a Coliseum Prize Shop. You would get 'points' for playing rated matches as well as the monster matches, though I think that the monster matches would give far fewer points than a rated match.

However, no support for either of the suggestions.

For one thing, it would make an 'elite' coliseum group, where only those who can fight first (don't know how the rated matches leaderboard works, is it off winnings? or what) at the rollover are able to get the prizes. Also, I would think that in a match between two level 25s who are stated and stoned the same it would all come down to RNG, who goes first. It is sort of like a trophy to me. While I love trophies, many of them on sites like this come down to who can pay the most or simply get on at the right time to get them. (think of neopets where many of the trophy scores are from people who can spend all day playing to get those scores or can send the score at just the right moment to get the trophy on a fixed cap game)

The Dominance thing, no. As other have said, how would that be determined? By the clans who fought in the coliseum? (and would it be for only rated matches or would monster matches figure in) As others have said, the Hogwarts scheme was rather unfair with points just being thrown in at the whim of the Headmaster. We don't need any thing like that on the site as it would only breed resentment (why did they choose X flight over Y, Y was working their rears off to get Dominance, but instead X got it, even if that wasn't the reason WHY X got Dominance).

If the dominance push only came from rated matches, I don't really see that working as many who use the coliseum do so to level fodder. I am not sure rated matches work for leveling fodder. If it came from both, then it probably wouldn't make any difference to the outcome because the flight that gets dominance is the one who exalts the most dragons. Many of those dragons are leveled so the same flights fighting for dominance would be the same flights training in the coliseum.
There is another idea that has more support:

Add a Coliseum Prize Shop. You would get 'points' for playing rated matches as well as the monster matches, though I think that the monster matches would give far fewer points than a rated match.

However, no support for either of the suggestions.

For one thing, it would make an 'elite' coliseum group, where only those who can fight first (don't know how the rated matches leaderboard works, is it off winnings? or what) at the rollover are able to get the prizes. Also, I would think that in a match between two level 25s who are stated and stoned the same it would all come down to RNG, who goes first. It is sort of like a trophy to me. While I love trophies, many of them on sites like this come down to who can pay the most or simply get on at the right time to get them. (think of neopets where many of the trophy scores are from people who can spend all day playing to get those scores or can send the score at just the right moment to get the trophy on a fixed cap game)

The Dominance thing, no. As other have said, how would that be determined? By the clans who fought in the coliseum? (and would it be for only rated matches or would monster matches figure in) As others have said, the Hogwarts scheme was rather unfair with points just being thrown in at the whim of the Headmaster. We don't need any thing like that on the site as it would only breed resentment (why did they choose X flight over Y, Y was working their rears off to get Dominance, but instead X got it, even if that wasn't the reason WHY X got Dominance).

If the dominance push only came from rated matches, I don't really see that working as many who use the coliseum do so to level fodder. I am not sure rated matches work for leveling fodder. If it came from both, then it probably wouldn't make any difference to the outcome because the flight that gets dominance is the one who exalts the most dragons. Many of those dragons are leveled so the same flights fighting for dominance would be the same flights training in the coliseum.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support for some sort of incentive for rated matches. No support for rated matches affecting dom; this mechanic would be far too easy to circumvent to alter dom standings. All you'd need are a few friends in other flights to match with and lose. Also, if you limited rated matches to only people in other flights then flights would not be able to compete among themselves for higher ratings.
Support for some sort of incentive for rated matches. No support for rated matches affecting dom; this mechanic would be far too easy to circumvent to alter dom standings. All you'd need are a few friends in other flights to match with and lose. Also, if you limited rated matches to only people in other flights then flights would not be able to compete among themselves for higher ratings.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Rewards would be a decent way to make the PvP area less deserted, but Dom would be really tricky and probably not very clearly implemented, so I can't support that part

Something simple for prizes, like 10k for the top spot, 7.5k for second, 5k for third. Beyond that I don't think prizes should be more than a little treasure. I definitely wouldn't want leaderboard exclusive items as they would severely inflate in value and would only be available to a select few players who 1) can use the Coli without any issues, medical or technical, and 2) already have PvP experience to easily combat the full glass canon teams, which fail miserably in PvP
Rewards would be a decent way to make the PvP area less deserted, but Dom would be really tricky and probably not very clearly implemented, so I can't support that part

Something simple for prizes, like 10k for the top spot, 7.5k for second, 5k for third. Beyond that I don't think prizes should be more than a little treasure. I definitely wouldn't want leaderboard exclusive items as they would severely inflate in value and would only be available to a select few players who 1) can use the Coli without any issues, medical or technical, and 2) already have PvP experience to easily combat the full glass canon teams, which fail miserably in PvP
sBdLZtA.png