Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Familiar Coloring Contest Discussion
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 66 67
@Tox

Only just saw this but thank you so much! I really appreciate the feedback (and it feels good that the feedback is positive hahah)
@Tox

Only just saw this but thank you so much! I really appreciate the feedback (and it feels good that the feedback is positive hahah)
@Undel Apologies if I'm not supposed to ping you, but I was wondering if your (or someone else) could tell me if my design full-fills all requirements and doesn't break any rules? [center][img]http://orig03.deviantart.net/43e6/f/2015/351/b/d/shard_bear_contest_by_ventus_fall-d9kfyo8.png[/img][/center] To everyone: What do you guys think of the design? o3o
@Undel
Apologies if I'm not supposed to ping you, but I was wondering if your (or someone else) could tell me if my design full-fills all requirements and doesn't break any rules?
shard_bear_contest_by_ventus_fall-d9kfyo8.png
To everyone:
What do you guys think of the design? o3o
ws1_by_tinygryphon-d9gar70.gifbotffbadges_gust_by_tinygryphon-d9oe78n.pngdeviantart_stamp_by_sparklum-d2y1d6f.png wl_by_tinygryphon-d9gdz0s.gif

I'm on deviantArt, so click that stamp!
(It will take you straight to my page)

ZNhRsiG.png
What do you think will win, guys?: One of the majorly used theme familiars (e.g: Pastel Perytons, Corgi-coloured Hainus), or the more unique, less abundant themed familiars (e.g: red Yetis, non-purple Shard Bears)? I'm afraid the most "obvious" (abundant) ones will win. I mean, if there are so many Y familiars with X theme, why wouldn't one of those win?
Maybe it's just the pressure that's making me nervous. We're less than 15 days away for the contest to end aaaaaaa

@VentusFall
  • No shading
  • No modified lineart
  • FR-styled colouring

I think you meet all those requirements pretty nicely, so I'm sure you're not breaking any rules. Maybe not so much the last one; the marking on the face looks kind of odd, maybe try making it a like more homogeneous, try marking the fur a little but more, I'm not sure
What do you think will win, guys?: One of the majorly used theme familiars (e.g: Pastel Perytons, Corgi-coloured Hainus), or the more unique, less abundant themed familiars (e.g: red Yetis, non-purple Shard Bears)? I'm afraid the most "obvious" (abundant) ones will win. I mean, if there are so many Y familiars with X theme, why wouldn't one of those win?
Maybe it's just the pressure that's making me nervous. We're less than 15 days away for the contest to end aaaaaaa

@VentusFall
  • No shading
  • No modified lineart
  • FR-styled colouring

I think you meet all those requirements pretty nicely, so I'm sure you're not breaking any rules. Maybe not so much the last one; the marking on the face looks kind of odd, maybe try making it a like more homogeneous, try marking the fur a little but more, I'm not sure
| Valen | '99 | He/it |
i am doing a multi coloured deerwinged famiiar
i am doing a multi coloured deerwinged famiiar
[img]http://https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSALj9VSNARubcWyrQtkmMQLEPf3-IiN78KQ59ZTsWM-AoZm9cN[/img]
[img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/d4201dfa9f6d65865a7aa64a7ac15043/tumblr_nyx9zpFJe41uubymqo1_540.png[/img] so uhh this is my submission can someone please tell me if pupils like that are allowed???
tumblr_nyx9zpFJe41uubymqo1_540.png

so uhh this is my submission

can someone please tell me if pupils like that are allowed???
13ee4657328d39e8dd08554c4b0bec370d00a6b7.png
@Oliver2015 I think you've misunderstood. They aren't just choosing one single image to make into one single familiar—they're choosing two each of the brand new bases (so two dwarf hainu, two camien whelps, two perytons and two questing beasts) and one each of the existing bases (one shard bear, one mith, one manticore and one yeti). The idea is to end up with two variations/palette swaps of each one, just like with every other familiar on the site! The question isn't "are we going to have a peryton OR a camien OR a manticore"; it's "which two perytons, which two camiens and which manticore are we going to have"! I hope that clears things up, but if not, I believe Undel's initial rules post explains this as well. :)

(Not sure if you were here for the last coloring contest, but that was roughly how it worked then, too. They had two bases, the floracat and the buttersnake, and as you can see they chose more than one of each! In fact, I think they originally intended to choose only two of each but couldn't narrow it down and ended up choosing four of each, haha. I doubt that will happen this time, but you never know!)

Thought I was gonna enter myself, but I'm not really familiar with coloring to match the style of the site and I have other things to do before the year ends, so I think I'll ultimately sit this out. I might have to grab a couple of these to color just for fun and practice later, though—they're all so great!

Best of luck to everybody who is entering! This is the first contest I've actually kept open in a tab and viewed literally every single entry for, and they're all so gorgeous and creative! I don't think I can remember any specific favorites, but there were definitely a lot that stood out, and it's going to be really exciting to collect these and even face them in the coliseum!

EDIT @CosmicCoelacanth: I don't think anyone is 100% sure, but consensus seems to be that it's safest just to have completely blank, single-solid-color eyes rather than trying to suggest your own pupil shape. The best course of action if you've already done pupils you're fond of is probably just to leave that version alone, but also include a second version with no pupil in your submission post. That way you're not disqualified if pupils aren't allowed, but if they are allowed you can mention that you'd prefer they use the pupil version.
@Oliver2015 I think you've misunderstood. They aren't just choosing one single image to make into one single familiar—they're choosing two each of the brand new bases (so two dwarf hainu, two camien whelps, two perytons and two questing beasts) and one each of the existing bases (one shard bear, one mith, one manticore and one yeti). The idea is to end up with two variations/palette swaps of each one, just like with every other familiar on the site! The question isn't "are we going to have a peryton OR a camien OR a manticore"; it's "which two perytons, which two camiens and which manticore are we going to have"! I hope that clears things up, but if not, I believe Undel's initial rules post explains this as well. :)

(Not sure if you were here for the last coloring contest, but that was roughly how it worked then, too. They had two bases, the floracat and the buttersnake, and as you can see they chose more than one of each! In fact, I think they originally intended to choose only two of each but couldn't narrow it down and ended up choosing four of each, haha. I doubt that will happen this time, but you never know!)

Thought I was gonna enter myself, but I'm not really familiar with coloring to match the style of the site and I have other things to do before the year ends, so I think I'll ultimately sit this out. I might have to grab a couple of these to color just for fun and practice later, though—they're all so great!

Best of luck to everybody who is entering! This is the first contest I've actually kept open in a tab and viewed literally every single entry for, and they're all so gorgeous and creative! I don't think I can remember any specific favorites, but there were definitely a lot that stood out, and it's going to be really exciting to collect these and even face them in the coliseum!

EDIT @CosmicCoelacanth: I don't think anyone is 100% sure, but consensus seems to be that it's safest just to have completely blank, single-solid-color eyes rather than trying to suggest your own pupil shape. The best course of action if you've already done pupils you're fond of is probably just to leave that version alone, but also include a second version with no pupil in your submission post. That way you're not disqualified if pupils aren't allowed, but if they are allowed you can mention that you'd prefer they use the pupil version.
what do you all think of my colourful design:

AnnsPeryton_Preview_zps6oxoauqs.png

by the way this is my first time on photo shop ever

@cupcake123456789
what do you all think of my colourful design:

AnnsPeryton_Preview_zps6oxoauqs.png

by the way this is my first time on photo shop ever

@cupcake123456789
[img]http://https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSALj9VSNARubcWyrQtkmMQLEPf3-IiN78KQ59ZTsWM-AoZm9cN[/img]
I don't have time to do this contest this time around (I will be going on a trip in two days and will be away from my Photoshop until January), but i was just wondering how people do that gradient thing. It looks really awesome, but I don't know how to do it.

pinging self @VioletWhirlwind so I can find this again.
I don't have time to do this contest this time around (I will be going on a trip in two days and will be away from my Photoshop until January), but i was just wondering how people do that gradient thing. It looks really awesome, but I don't know how to do it.

pinging self @VioletWhirlwind so I can find this again.
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
any one like my design
any one like my design
@Phoenixsong
Yeah, I didn't express myself correctly there. My question was mostly aimed at the familiars with only one winner, though it could also be applied for the ones with two winners (it'd be like, say, "oh I bet X kind of colouring is gonna be one of the winners for sure").

@VioletWhirlwind
It depends on what art program you're using
@Phoenixsong
Yeah, I didn't express myself correctly there. My question was mostly aimed at the familiars with only one winner, though it could also be applied for the ones with two winners (it'd be like, say, "oh I bet X kind of colouring is gonna be one of the winners for sure").

@VioletWhirlwind
It depends on what art program you're using
| Valen | '99 | He/it |
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 66 67