Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Video Game Soundtracks
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
FFVI has some of my favorite music ever, but this particular track has stuck with me hardcore.

Also Snatcher!! Its music is incredible from start to finish.
If it weren't such a pain to emulate it (and hadn't skyrocketed in price), I'd play this right now. Snatcher is such a good holiday game for me.
FFVI has some of my favorite music ever, but this particular track has stuck with me hardcore.

Also Snatcher!! Its music is incredible from start to finish.
If it weren't such a pain to emulate it (and hadn't skyrocketed in price), I'd play this right now. Snatcher is such a good holiday game for me.
wV6zlEw.png
I haven't played a huge variety of games and I only just started listening to their sound tracks, but the Gen V Pokemon games (Black, White, Black 2, White 2) have pretty incredible music.

Also, I have two songs from the Minecraft soundtrack (such as it is) on my iPod. They're so peaceful and soothing. It's wonderful ambient music.
I haven't played a huge variety of games and I only just started listening to their sound tracks, but the Gen V Pokemon games (Black, White, Black 2, White 2) have pretty incredible music.

Also, I have two songs from the Minecraft soundtrack (such as it is) on my iPod. They're so peaceful and soothing. It's wonderful ambient music.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
The Professor Layton games have an exceptional soundtrack centered around accordions and violins. Most of the tracks sound so orchestral you really wouldn't think you're playing a puzzle game.
I'm pretty fond of the Mother series' music too and 999's.
The Professor Layton games have an exceptional soundtrack centered around accordions and violins. Most of the tracks sound so orchestral you really wouldn't think you're playing a puzzle game.
I'm pretty fond of the Mother series' music too and 999's.
@Zenikay

I wish they'd release Animal Crossing GC for Virtual Console or something! I have the game for gamecube but I don't have the hookups for it besides a faulty coax ;_;
But yeah, Sonic music is really underrated in a way. Like Sonic 3's soundtrack is pretty well known for the Michael Jackson thing, but even the newer ones (even Sonic 06) have really great soundtracks too.
@Zenikay

I wish they'd release Animal Crossing GC for Virtual Console or something! I have the game for gamecube but I don't have the hookups for it besides a faulty coax ;_;
But yeah, Sonic music is really underrated in a way. Like Sonic 3's soundtrack is pretty well known for the Michael Jackson thing, but even the newer ones (even Sonic 06) have really great soundtracks too.
The soundtrack that comes with Kirby's Dream Collection special edition is pretty good IMO.
I also really like Skyrim's music, though I've never actually played the game.

But my favorite is actually from Minecraft haha :D
The soundtrack that comes with Kirby's Dream Collection special edition is pretty good IMO.
I also really like Skyrim's music, though I've never actually played the game.

But my favorite is actually from Minecraft haha :D
hey how you doing? well i'm doing just fine.
i lied i'm dying inside

ness, he/him
looking for a dragon with
obsidian or very dark grey primary
red range secondary
male
lightning primal
willing to pay upwards of 200g, depending on colors and genes
My favorite soundtrack is probably the one from Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles. The music from that was a huge inspiration for me going through middle school and into highschool, and I can still look back on it fondly!

I actually found this thread while listening to a playlist for a game called Corpse Party, and I love this soundtrack for when I want to give myself shivers. It's from a horror game, and even though the music isn't done with a real orchestra or instruments, it does things to me, man. It sets the tone exactly the way it needs to. Here's a link to the playlist, for those interested! link!

I also have a love/hate relationship with the Fallout 4 soundtrack right now, because as fun as it is, I have had songs from it stuck in my head literally every day since the game came out and it may very well break my brain in not too much longer. The radio soundtrack, I mean; the ambient music is a little too real for me, I guess? I like the game being more lighthearted. With the ambient soundtrack the game takes on a totally different tone and does a really good job of creeping me out. I get stressed out enough running screaming from Yao Guai while Uranium Fever plays in the background, I don't need your horror game tracks eating at my eardrums while all the rest of this nonsense is going on.

EDIT after glancing back through the thread I can't believe I forgot Touhou! Though usually I like those songs for the arranges/remixes the doujin circles put out moreso than the source tracks, but there are some killer songs from those games.
My favorite soundtrack is probably the one from Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles. The music from that was a huge inspiration for me going through middle school and into highschool, and I can still look back on it fondly!

I actually found this thread while listening to a playlist for a game called Corpse Party, and I love this soundtrack for when I want to give myself shivers. It's from a horror game, and even though the music isn't done with a real orchestra or instruments, it does things to me, man. It sets the tone exactly the way it needs to. Here's a link to the playlist, for those interested! link!

I also have a love/hate relationship with the Fallout 4 soundtrack right now, because as fun as it is, I have had songs from it stuck in my head literally every day since the game came out and it may very well break my brain in not too much longer. The radio soundtrack, I mean; the ambient music is a little too real for me, I guess? I like the game being more lighthearted. With the ambient soundtrack the game takes on a totally different tone and does a really good job of creeping me out. I get stressed out enough running screaming from Yao Guai while Uranium Fever plays in the background, I don't need your horror game tracks eating at my eardrums while all the rest of this nonsense is going on.

EDIT after glancing back through the thread I can't believe I forgot Touhou! Though usually I like those songs for the arranges/remixes the doujin circles put out moreso than the source tracks, but there are some killer songs from those games.
wind_banner.png fire_banner.png
well [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/dae121b44e0641fabc4e60dd09d7ec43/tumblr_inline_nxesdyrVYD1rrt52m_500.png[/img]
well
tumblr_inline_nxesdyrVYD1rrt52m_500.png
HMlNRMG.png
IamtAbK.pngSaTNgRm.pngB65epPp.png7Mho5v6.png
iugb4jV.png3odTrIB.pngr91DiIg.png1R2mYQd.png
Bump [img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/92a816a1c76e1137f54835cffe5ecc89/tumblr_mpmod1unP61qize4uo1_400.gif[/img] Because Ice Warden has swag
Bump

tumblr_mpmod1unP61qize4uo1_400.gif

Because Ice Warden has swag
Waiting 24/7 for death's sweet release (of their next hot mixtape of course)
I'd say my favorite soundtrack ever would have to be the Don't Starve soundtrack because of how upbeat all the songs are
I'd say my favorite soundtrack ever would have to be the Don't Starve soundtrack because of how upbeat all the songs are
fk7NBvR.gif Ozarks/Ozzy/Oz | He/They | ENG/ESP/AjNOeQU.png | PST [FR+0] oHsnEL0.gif

Avatar Dragon | G1s & G2 Imps Wanted!
@SweetEkk0

I forgot all about that! I think I have a few of those songs on iTunes, I love that game:)
@SweetEkk0

I forgot all about that! I think I have a few of those songs on iTunes, I love that game:)
Waiting 24/7 for death's sweet release (of their next hot mixtape of course)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9