Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Video Game Soundtracks
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Some of my favorite game OSTS have got to be:
The World Ends With You
Ocarina of Time
Sonic Adventure 2
Professor Layton & the Diabolical Box
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

I could go on and on but I'll limit myself here.
Some of my favorite game OSTS have got to be:
The World Ends With You
Ocarina of Time
Sonic Adventure 2
Professor Layton & the Diabolical Box
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

I could go on and on but I'll limit myself here.
Oh boy, I really love the soundtrack for the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games! Undertale as well, but that's second place to Mystery Dungeon!
Oh boy, I really love the soundtrack for the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games! Undertale as well, but that's second place to Mystery Dungeon!
hourglass.gifYou'll be okayhourglass.gif
Bayonetta 1 & 2 soundtracks, they're so good and epic with the boss battles.
TWEWY has great tracks too.
Undertale's three songs are pretty sweet.
I kid, it's got a lot of great music.
Okami
The Katamari soundtracks are always full of weird stuff.
And this isn't entirely a video game soundtrack but the 90s anime for Pokemon with all of the weird pop music is still something I'll listen to once in a while.
Bayonetta 1 & 2 soundtracks, they're so good and epic with the boss battles.
TWEWY has great tracks too.
Undertale's three songs are pretty sweet.
I kid, it's got a lot of great music.
Okami
The Katamari soundtracks are always full of weird stuff.
And this isn't entirely a video game soundtrack but the 90s anime for Pokemon with all of the weird pop music is still something I'll listen to once in a while.
________battle tag : skylace#11300
Transistor and Bastion have great soundtracks though the song that have lyrics in Transistor soundtrack have really depressing lyrics.
Transistor and Bastion have great soundtracks though the song that have lyrics in Transistor soundtrack have really depressing lyrics.
ECNdq9d.png
Undertale have REALLY good soundtrack. I don't think I hate any of the songs and that's really rare for me lol
OFF's soundtrack is great, too! They're really catchy while being eerie.
I love Hotline Miami's. I don't play the game myself but good soundtrack.
Undertale have REALLY good soundtrack. I don't think I hate any of the songs and that's really rare for me lol
OFF's soundtrack is great, too! They're really catchy while being eerie.
I love Hotline Miami's. I don't play the game myself but good soundtrack.
tumblr_inline_o5g4670Gdz1rn6irx_540.png

tumblr_inline_o3vclphAB11rn6irx_100.png
1DiCf5u.gifg72Ocmp.png
@Zenikay

oh man, the Halo soundtracks (at least for the games i've played, so excluding most of ODST, 4 + 5) are so good. i especially love the song that accompanies the warthog run at the end of 1, but the whole thing is really good.

@SunDragon

Bastion's soundtrack is so good. i absolutely love it. haven't played Transistor yet (i don't know if i'd enjoy the gameplay)

besides that, all the soundtracks for the Zelda games i've played. heck, all the Nintendo soundtracks i've heard, whether or not i've played the games, are awesome. but Zelda was such a big part of my childhood that i have to go with that as a fave.

also Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Banjo-Tooie, Kentucky Route Zero, Goldeneye (N64), Perfect Dark, and Journey (the soundtrack for this game won a grammy!).
@Zenikay

oh man, the Halo soundtracks (at least for the games i've played, so excluding most of ODST, 4 + 5) are so good. i especially love the song that accompanies the warthog run at the end of 1, but the whole thing is really good.

@SunDragon

Bastion's soundtrack is so good. i absolutely love it. haven't played Transistor yet (i don't know if i'd enjoy the gameplay)

besides that, all the soundtracks for the Zelda games i've played. heck, all the Nintendo soundtracks i've heard, whether or not i've played the games, are awesome. but Zelda was such a big part of my childhood that i have to go with that as a fave.

also Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Banjo-Tooie, Kentucky Route Zero, Goldeneye (N64), Perfect Dark, and Journey (the soundtrack for this game won a grammy!).
(Ominous metallic drumbeats) Whoo, whoo...

(Ominous metallic drumbeats) Whoo, whoo...

I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
Oh boy, I'm in a mood to talk about GSTs. A while ago I got hooked on the Gimmick! GST. And just recently, while going through my PSP I found the rom and started playing again, thus getting me back into the soundtrack. It's such a beautiful soundtrack and it REALLY sets the mood for the game. Example: Sophia - Masashi Kageyama (Gimmick!)
In Redbull's documentary on the Japanese video game music industry, Diggin' in the Crates, they did a segment on Kageyama and about his game. And he's SUCH a wonderful guy! A character you would totally expect to compose that soundtrack.

Another soundtrack I'm really fond of is the Ridge Racer 4 GST. Listening to the whole album in one sitting is a much better experience than listening to just one or two songs from it, as the whole thing shifts in moods in away that you could use it to get through a whole day. but here are 2 of my favorites: 'Lucid Rhythms' and 'Move Me'

The first Quake soundtrack, composed by Trent Reznor (of Nine Inch Nails), was really nice, that one's another classic of mine. The whole soundtrack is pretty ambient so it's not necessarily something you can just pick a track from but if you're into that dark ambient, Trent Reznor-type stuff and haven't heard it before you should definitely give it a listen.

Undertale's been mentioned a bit in this thread but I'm gonna go ahead and emphasize that, It's not so much as a recommendation to listen to the soundtrack, but to actually PLAY THE GAME. Like yeah, I'm sure for a lot of people, it's been ruined by Tumblr, but I wish that wouldn't let that stop people because it's a truly amazing game. VERY Earthbound-y, very unique from other RPGs (the bullethell-type defense system is what made me want to download it asap)
But yes, please please play that game. It surpassed all my expectations for it and I'm sure it will do the same for you.

Uh.. The soundtracks for Sonic 1-3 seem like they get sufficient praise to not need to be mentioned but video game music is weird in a sense that it can be something that isn't needed in order to remember the existence of a certain video game. So people can remember Sonic, but may not remember: Chemical Plant Zone , Mystic Cave Zone from Sonic 2 or Hydrocity Zone from Sonic 3. ect ect

I'd also like to mention an underrated video game composer named Tim Follin. None of the games he's worked on have gained enough notoriety (Considering that a good portion of the games he worked on were C64 and ZX Spectrum ports...) for his talent to be properly recognized. So he's definitely been looked over. Though his most notable track is the Title Screen theme from Solstice for the NES because that track will have anybody who is even remotely familiar with the NES sound system scratching their heads at how he managed to pull off that sound with the limitations he had. All of the games he's worked on are worth checking out, but to name a couple. Gauntlet III for C64 and Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future for Dreamcast

aaaaaand since this went on for way too long, I'm gonna end on a soundtrack that is very special to me, that doesn't need to really be spoken for too much: Animal Crossing for Gamecube. That soundtrack means the world to me and through the beauty of the hourly songs and how wonderful the morning tracks where, that game has made me a morning person. lool

sorry this is a loooooooooooong post I just love VG music and could go on forever about it.
Oh boy, I'm in a mood to talk about GSTs. A while ago I got hooked on the Gimmick! GST. And just recently, while going through my PSP I found the rom and started playing again, thus getting me back into the soundtrack. It's such a beautiful soundtrack and it REALLY sets the mood for the game. Example: Sophia - Masashi Kageyama (Gimmick!)
In Redbull's documentary on the Japanese video game music industry, Diggin' in the Crates, they did a segment on Kageyama and about his game. And he's SUCH a wonderful guy! A character you would totally expect to compose that soundtrack.

Another soundtrack I'm really fond of is the Ridge Racer 4 GST. Listening to the whole album in one sitting is a much better experience than listening to just one or two songs from it, as the whole thing shifts in moods in away that you could use it to get through a whole day. but here are 2 of my favorites: 'Lucid Rhythms' and 'Move Me'

The first Quake soundtrack, composed by Trent Reznor (of Nine Inch Nails), was really nice, that one's another classic of mine. The whole soundtrack is pretty ambient so it's not necessarily something you can just pick a track from but if you're into that dark ambient, Trent Reznor-type stuff and haven't heard it before you should definitely give it a listen.

Undertale's been mentioned a bit in this thread but I'm gonna go ahead and emphasize that, It's not so much as a recommendation to listen to the soundtrack, but to actually PLAY THE GAME. Like yeah, I'm sure for a lot of people, it's been ruined by Tumblr, but I wish that wouldn't let that stop people because it's a truly amazing game. VERY Earthbound-y, very unique from other RPGs (the bullethell-type defense system is what made me want to download it asap)
But yes, please please play that game. It surpassed all my expectations for it and I'm sure it will do the same for you.

Uh.. The soundtracks for Sonic 1-3 seem like they get sufficient praise to not need to be mentioned but video game music is weird in a sense that it can be something that isn't needed in order to remember the existence of a certain video game. So people can remember Sonic, but may not remember: Chemical Plant Zone , Mystic Cave Zone from Sonic 2 or Hydrocity Zone from Sonic 3. ect ect

I'd also like to mention an underrated video game composer named Tim Follin. None of the games he's worked on have gained enough notoriety (Considering that a good portion of the games he worked on were C64 and ZX Spectrum ports...) for his talent to be properly recognized. So he's definitely been looked over. Though his most notable track is the Title Screen theme from Solstice for the NES because that track will have anybody who is even remotely familiar with the NES sound system scratching their heads at how he managed to pull off that sound with the limitations he had. All of the games he's worked on are worth checking out, but to name a couple. Gauntlet III for C64 and Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future for Dreamcast

aaaaaand since this went on for way too long, I'm gonna end on a soundtrack that is very special to me, that doesn't need to really be spoken for too much: Animal Crossing for Gamecube. That soundtrack means the world to me and through the beauty of the hourly songs and how wonderful the morning tracks where, that game has made me a morning person. lool

sorry this is a loooooooooooong post I just love VG music and could go on forever about it.
sunless sea has such good soundtrack it's incredible. and the tavern songs from dragon age: inquisition are also good
sunless sea has such good soundtrack it's incredible. and the tavern songs from dragon age: inquisition are also good
extra1.png
avery • 28 • they/she • bio codes
I almost always hate game soundtracks, because I don't like anything dramatic and most tracks tend to be like that. Skyrim's theme falls in that category

But Saints Row; Gat out of Hell has great main menu track
I'm waiting for next year for my brother to have time to play this game with me in co-op mode, so I made only quick look into this game. My first though was that dayum, this track sounds epic

Team Fortress 2 has some nice, cheerful tracks, but Kazotsky kick is my favourite.
I didn't really much care for conga, but I had to get this taunt =D I love when people join me in setup time. Or when enemy team join it, because there's nothing greater than 20 people who should be fighting each other just join into mutual fun! (from time to time)
This YouTube comment sums this song up quite well "Damn, imagine sitting for example in a quiet and boring office and the a whole pageant of these guys busts in with the music and dancing... ._.?"

Command&Conquer: Red Alert games also have some nice tracks, like Hellmarch, Soviet march and Grinder

Another serie from Valve, Half Life games have nice tracks. They were first game soundtracks I fell in love with. There are actually many, but some examples are Kaon, Hard Technology Rock, Tracking device, Apprehension And Evasion , Violation and few moar

Plants vs Zombies had funny credit song, but I liked this track even moar

And surgeon simulator has nice beat on it. It's slightly similar to FC3: Blood Dragon's main theme, which I also like. That's some old school stuff right there

I don't care much for musical tracks in Assassin's Creed series, but Black Flag has nice sea shanties like Bully in the alley, and Dead horse

For every other games I usually turn music volume to completely mute

I almost always hate game soundtracks, because I don't like anything dramatic and most tracks tend to be like that. Skyrim's theme falls in that category

But Saints Row; Gat out of Hell has great main menu track
I'm waiting for next year for my brother to have time to play this game with me in co-op mode, so I made only quick look into this game. My first though was that dayum, this track sounds epic

Team Fortress 2 has some nice, cheerful tracks, but Kazotsky kick is my favourite.
I didn't really much care for conga, but I had to get this taunt =D I love when people join me in setup time. Or when enemy team join it, because there's nothing greater than 20 people who should be fighting each other just join into mutual fun! (from time to time)
This YouTube comment sums this song up quite well "Damn, imagine sitting for example in a quiet and boring office and the a whole pageant of these guys busts in with the music and dancing... ._.?"

Command&Conquer: Red Alert games also have some nice tracks, like Hellmarch, Soviet march and Grinder

Another serie from Valve, Half Life games have nice tracks. They were first game soundtracks I fell in love with. There are actually many, but some examples are Kaon, Hard Technology Rock, Tracking device, Apprehension And Evasion , Violation and few moar

Plants vs Zombies had funny credit song, but I liked this track even moar

And surgeon simulator has nice beat on it. It's slightly similar to FC3: Blood Dragon's main theme, which I also like. That's some old school stuff right there

I don't care much for musical tracks in Assassin's Creed series, but Black Flag has nice sea shanties like Bully in the alley, and Dead horse

For every other games I usually turn music volume to completely mute

You can find me on 9QLYX0w.gif
As for me, I dwell in evwRX6W.png
6gvPRcM.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9