Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, November 2015
1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 80 81
Huh. Was Night of the Nocturne really that bad? I mean, I heard people complaining but no one actually explained what happened. Where Nocturnes really so infrequent? I got two on the first day just from gathering. Surely it wasn't that bad.
Huh. Was Night of the Nocturne really that bad? I mean, I heard people complaining but no one actually explained what happened. Where Nocturnes really so infrequent? I got two on the first day just from gathering. Surely it wasn't that bad.
A Dragon at Heart
FR_Banners_Lightning_4.png
Thoes genes!!!! I'm in love!!! :D
Thoes genes!!!! I'm in love!!! :D
-The world is a better place with a cup of tea in hand
I will need so many butterfly wings!
I will need so many butterfly wings!
IQytWob.pngHsC5pKt.pngo7xvQOs.pngvRGclZH.pngquxrQVl.png5HVntr3.pngIQytWob.png
[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/21/90/9f/21909fdf09fd99501188d7a151f954ea.jpg[/img] My Luna Mith entry for the Familiar Coloring Contest! (Very happy/confident with this.)
21909fdf09fd99501188d7a151f954ea.jpg

My Luna Mith entry for the Familiar Coloring Contest! (Very happy/confident with this.)
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png Hobbyist Writer57719699_nSiBYnESr0q0Pa5.pngFeel free to ping! tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngtumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
This is so exciting!! :3
This is so exciting!! :3
BUTTERFLY DRAGONS!!!! I NEED!!!!! HHHHHHHHH
BUTTERFLY DRAGONS!!!! I NEED!!!!! HHHHHHHHH
Tentatively back from hiatus
1XRNcWD.png 2UZgxEP.png
[quote][color=#a80000][b][size=4]Petals & Butterfly Genes[/size][/b] Petals (Primary) and Butterfly (Secondary) are two new genes that will be released in the future. These genes will place a beautiful butterfly pattern across your dragon's body or wings. These genes utilize a more typical color pallette for the majority of the gene, with a small flash of color for the accent. Both Petals and Butterfly will be released as gem genes.[/color][/quote] I know that a lot of hard work has probably gone into this gene, but I'm rather disappointed with it. It doesn't work with the dragon's natural shape at all. Coatls have so many beautiful feathers and layers, and these genes ignore that and overlay across the top of the dragon in an unnatural layer. The wing tips, the paws, the tail are all beautiful, but it really loses me as it ignores the coatl's existing wing layers, and gracefully loops itself across the shoulder/neck feathers, ignoring the texture beneath.
Quote:
Petals & Butterfly Genes

Petals (Primary) and Butterfly (Secondary) are two new genes that will be released in the future. These genes will place a beautiful butterfly pattern across your dragon's body or wings. These genes utilize a more typical color pallette for the majority of the gene, with a small flash of color for the accent. Both Petals and Butterfly will be released as gem genes.

I know that a lot of hard work has probably gone into this gene, but I'm rather disappointed with it. It doesn't work with the dragon's natural shape at all. Coatls have so many beautiful feathers and layers, and these genes ignore that and overlay across the top of the dragon in an unnatural layer. The wing tips, the paws, the tail are all beautiful, but it really loses me as it ignores the coatl's existing wing layers, and gracefully loops itself across the shoulder/neck feathers, ignoring the texture beneath.
DRAGONS WANTED Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's little nut that held its ground.

Dragons For Adoption
@Draketeeth yesss that's what's been bothering me about them too, stinks because female coatls have my favorite dragon artwork v__v
@Draketeeth yesss that's what's been bothering me about them too, stinks because female coatls have my favorite dragon artwork v__v
[quote name="JemDragons" date=2015-11-26 16:24:46] Huh. Was Night of the Nocturne really that bad? I mean, I heard people complaining but no one actually explained what happened. Where Nocturnes really so infrequent? I got two on the first day just from gathering. Surely it wasn't that bad. [/quote] @JemDragons I got three eggs and no scrolls, despite opening 400-ish chests. Some people opened 100 chests and got a scroll. Luck factored into it a [i]lot[/i], and some people just didn't have good luck - which, combined with having to open each chest individually (because the loot was generated each time) and potentially experiencing a lot of lag (because the servers were generating lots of chests), made for a really unpleasant experience. Also, because [i]chests[/i] were not infrequent, people who had been unlucky succumbed to the gambler's fallacy and spent more time in the coli than they would have wanted to because surely the next chest would be better... well, maybe the next one...
JemDragons wrote on 2015-11-26:

@JemDragons

I got three eggs and no scrolls, despite opening 400-ish chests. Some people opened 100 chests and got a scroll. Luck factored into it a lot, and some people just didn't have good luck - which, combined with having to open each chest individually (because the loot was generated each time) and potentially experiencing a lot of lag (because the servers were generating lots of chests), made for a really unpleasant experience.

Also, because chests were not infrequent, people who had been unlucky succumbed to the gambler's fallacy and spent more time in the coli than they would have wanted to because surely the next chest would be better... well, maybe the next one...
poisonedpaper-katyushkaframe.png 7mOaAeU.pngiBjoeES.pngIMyicna.pngt1mYQC9.pngDAtDfdH.pnglvp-quality-quartermaster-ribbon.pngfol-quality-quartermaster-ribbon.pngpoisonedpaper-ojnkframe.png
RE: The familiar colouring contest, I can't find anything on this thread or the contest thread - can you only enter one familiar or is there a different number?
RE: The familiar colouring contest, I can't find anything on this thread or the contest thread - can you only enter one familiar or is there a different number?
I collect Vibrant Flutterers!

I'm recovering from a serious illness. Please bear with me as I'm very tired and out of it right now.
1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 80 81