Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LotR/The Hobbit/Tolkien Fans Come Hither
1 2 ... 131 132 133 134 135 ... 187 188
@FireCharm73 @qweee New people! :D [s]ahaha I'm so late[/s] [img]http://media.giphy.com/media/HWfmwxt3QXRL2/giphy.gif[/img] I'm making some progress on the Silm, but apparently all my teachers conspired to have all thier major tests this week, so I'm not as far as I should be XD I think I left off where Aule made the dwarves, and I remember having a weird mental image where it said he put the seven fathers of the dwarves to sleep (or something like that) and all I could think of was him sticking these dwarves into random caves and singing a lullaby while slowly leaving XD
@FireCharm73 @qweee

New people! :D ahaha I'm so late

giphy.gif

I'm making some progress on the Silm, but apparently all my teachers conspired to have all thier major tests this week, so I'm not as far as I should be XD I think I left off where Aule made the dwarves, and I remember having a weird mental image where it said he put the seven fathers of the dwarves to sleep (or something like that) and all I could think of was him sticking these dwarves into random caves and singing a lullaby while slowly leaving XD
33vzuwj.jpg________ 2nh2l4z.png
@RaisingCain

Me? Dedicated? Pff... I started a giant PowerPoint on the several different modes of Tengwar, Cirth and some Sindarin stuff... and I've only finished English Orthographic, some Phonemic and a small amount of the Beleriand mode.... I skim over my Sindarin lessons daily, but usually I don't have time to extensively "learn" unless on the weekends or while doing homework like I am right now Sometimes I use the Beleriand mode to have Elvish convo's with myself to practice and because I have no one to talk to about Tolkien

That joke is a painfully accurate story of my life

@souphands

You're probably right... So I asked him "Are you telling me the Arabic alphabet is a language?"

He said yes, so I just gave up on him. Though he still bothers me, haha.

Also, I would take pictures, but I am unsure of how to upload photos from the phone/computer, :L I'm so un-computer literate

@ForestGuardian

Yay! Keep going, and I'm pretty sure your assumption is correct. I think I'm a little slow now as well, too, but never give up.

-Hydro
@RaisingCain

Me? Dedicated? Pff... I started a giant PowerPoint on the several different modes of Tengwar, Cirth and some Sindarin stuff... and I've only finished English Orthographic, some Phonemic and a small amount of the Beleriand mode.... I skim over my Sindarin lessons daily, but usually I don't have time to extensively "learn" unless on the weekends or while doing homework like I am right now Sometimes I use the Beleriand mode to have Elvish convo's with myself to practice and because I have no one to talk to about Tolkien

That joke is a painfully accurate story of my life

@souphands

You're probably right... So I asked him "Are you telling me the Arabic alphabet is a language?"

He said yes, so I just gave up on him. Though he still bothers me, haha.

Also, I would take pictures, but I am unsure of how to upload photos from the phone/computer, :L I'm so un-computer literate

@ForestGuardian

Yay! Keep going, and I'm pretty sure your assumption is correct. I think I'm a little slow now as well, too, but never give up.

-Hydro
@HydroDragon

O.o

Dedication, thy name is HydroDragon that PowerPoint, ohmygod
@HydroDragon

O.o

Dedication, thy name is HydroDragon that PowerPoint, ohmygod
kJ7P36i.png 899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.pngKDzH3q9.png
@ForestGuardian

aaagh, teachers ALWAYS do that I think it's a conspiracy thing - the important thing is that you've stuck with it at all! because as people have been pointing out, it's a tough read

all the kudos to you :)
@ForestGuardian

aaagh, teachers ALWAYS do that I think it's a conspiracy thing - the important thing is that you've stuck with it at all! because as people have been pointing out, it's a tough read

all the kudos to you :)
@RaisingCain

Send help. I know, I like to make stuff, so since my dad got a fairly new PowerPoint version, I decided to make a PowerPoint. I also thought it would help me memorize another mode I wanted to learn *cough cough* the Classical Mode *cough* for writing Quenya *cough* I also decided to search how to pronounce "diphthong" , and my mom was nearby when the computer pronounced it, and her look she gave me was classic

I'm weird, :L

-Hydro
@RaisingCain

Send help. I know, I like to make stuff, so since my dad got a fairly new PowerPoint version, I decided to make a PowerPoint. I also thought it would help me memorize another mode I wanted to learn *cough cough* the Classical Mode *cough* for writing Quenya *cough* I also decided to search how to pronounce "diphthong" , and my mom was nearby when the computer pronounced it, and her look she gave me was classic

I'm weird, :L

-Hydro
@HydroDragon

no, no, making stuff is awesome - honestly, that's usually how I learn best too and hopefully it's indicative of some remnant of Noldorin blood? ehehehehe

I was super impressed though because I've never even thought of using PowerPoint to teach myself a language and/or a mode of writing - I usually use it to get ideas across for school - definitely less fun :p
@HydroDragon

no, no, making stuff is awesome - honestly, that's usually how I learn best too and hopefully it's indicative of some remnant of Noldorin blood? ehehehehe

I was super impressed though because I've never even thought of using PowerPoint to teach myself a language and/or a mode of writing - I usually use it to get ideas across for school - definitely less fun :p
F-finally, people who understand me.

*Rolls in the love of Tolkien I see in this thread*

@countessem

LOOK. MY DARLING. PEOPLE LIKE US. THEY UNDERSTAND US. THEY UNDERSTAAAAAAND.

Casually bothers girlfriend at 3:30 in the morning for Tolkien things. It's nbd.

Hello, fellow Tolkieners, my name is Impception and I have been obsessed with reading Tolkien since I was a very young child. Many of my characters stem from a love of Tolkien and are written in his world. I've got lots of Tolkien lore dragons and frankly, I just can't get enough. ;-; I won't settle until there is a dragon for every character... I'll need about 50 lairs. Haha.

I've got some questions, and before I respond to them myself, I want to see your answers.

1. Favorite character and why?
2. Least favorite character and why?
3. Favorite piece of history and why?
4. Favorite Age and why?
5. Thoughts on Melkor/Morgoth? Do you think he was just always a bad egg or do you think he wanted to impress Eru by creating something for him?
6. Thoughts on Mairon/Sauron and the Melkor/Mairon relationship.
7. Thoughts on why Thranduil never sailed after his son - or do you think Tolkien just couldn't get around to writing his departure in the story and that eventually he sailed to be with his son?
8. Mandos and Irmo - your thoughts on the brothers.
9. (tries to contain squeals of happiness) MAED-- Ahem. Maedhros and Fingon. Best friends or unrequited true love and a quest that separated them soul and body?
10. How did you find Tolkien and what made you fall in love with his work?
11: Thoughts on The Children of Húrin?

Wow I should stop there before I make a list of questions ten pages long. I'm actually really happy I found this thread. I can nerd out with others and not annoy my girlfriend as much. Lmao.

EDIT: OH GOD I ALMOST FORGOT A QUESTION. Please forgive me.

Last question: Tom Bombadil. Ideas? Thoughts? Headcanons? I am incredibly curious to know what people think of him.
F-finally, people who understand me.

*Rolls in the love of Tolkien I see in this thread*

@countessem

LOOK. MY DARLING. PEOPLE LIKE US. THEY UNDERSTAND US. THEY UNDERSTAAAAAAND.

Casually bothers girlfriend at 3:30 in the morning for Tolkien things. It's nbd.

Hello, fellow Tolkieners, my name is Impception and I have been obsessed with reading Tolkien since I was a very young child. Many of my characters stem from a love of Tolkien and are written in his world. I've got lots of Tolkien lore dragons and frankly, I just can't get enough. ;-; I won't settle until there is a dragon for every character... I'll need about 50 lairs. Haha.

I've got some questions, and before I respond to them myself, I want to see your answers.

4. Favorite Age and why?
5. Thoughts on Melkor/Morgoth? Do you think he was just always a bad egg or do you think he wanted to impress Eru by creating something for him?
7. Thoughts on why Thranduil never sailed after his son - or do you think Tolkien just couldn't get around to writing his departure in the story and that eventually he sailed to be with his son?
9. (tries to contain squeals of happiness) MAED-- Ahem. Maedhros and Fingon. Best friends or unrequited true love and a quest that separated them soul and body?

Wow I should stop there before I make a list of questions ten pages long. I'm actually really happy I found this thread. I can nerd out with others and not annoy my girlfriend as much. Lmao.

EDIT: OH GOD I ALMOST FORGOT A QUESTION. Please forgive me.

Last question: Tom Bombadil. Ideas? Thoughts? Headcanons? I am incredibly curious to know what people think of him.
HmDNA2Z.pngaq6I7xx.png6fgBqVP.pngXSEmIC3.pngC387vBf.pngwqtPSTI.pngglDwE4l.pngOqryMgB.pnggJXSVmH.png
Hi guys I am new to this game and I love Lotr and The Hobbit films. Favourite character of all time is Gandalf the Grey (Ian Mckellen is awesome). I have read most if not all tolkien books they are simply magic and I love them.
Hi guys I am new to this game and I love Lotr and The Hobbit films. Favourite character of all time is Gandalf the Grey (Ian Mckellen is awesome). I have read most if not all tolkien books they are simply magic and I love them.
@Impception NICE, WELCOME and thank you for the questions!! we love stuff like that :DD [b]1. Favorite character and why?[/b] hmmmm i have two. the movie version of faramir and then sam. faramir because of all the turmoil he was put through by his father. he captured the hobbits as a final attempt to earn his fathers appreciation, but willingly released them after seeing how it corrupts everything and the utter pain frodo was experiencing in order to destroy it. he decided that his own suffering wasnt as important and let go of (seemingly) the only opportunity for his father to love him. sam because through the entire journey he was always there to support frodo. willingly walking into certain death because his love for his friend and all things good in the world was stronger than his fear. [img]https://i0.wp.com/38.media.tumblr.com/5f2ce61618ea4c5375936b4715258a12/tumblr_n26jzrlZOi1r503xfo2_500.gif[/img] need i say more? [b]2. Least favorite character and why?[/b] EOL. WHAT A CREEP UGH. im too worked up to write it all out pff. very manupilative. total nastyman. other than that, probably his son, maeglin. i posted a mini rant about this earlier on in the thread heheh. this is what i said: " [spoiler]DAMMIT MAEGLIN i was ROOTING for you. he goes off with his cool mom to escape his nasty dad and i was like damn nice! you go guys, get away from that ass. and then she dies and im like welp okay i guess thats just how this book is :< and THEN he starts creeping on his cousin like that?? like bro stop please.. AND THEN HE UP AND [b]BETRAYS[/b] EVERYONE RUINS [b]EVERYTHING[/b] D:< and i was just[/spoiler] [img]http://33.media.tumblr.com/fa20ec88c4181decc492f352eb23a528/tumblr_inline_nu1y5mghJs1tt3cnv_500.gif[/img] " [b]3. Favorite piece of history and why?[/b] id say the story of beren and luthien, if that counts as history heh. showing up to melkors front door and slapping him in the face? hella. and the fact that their story was so damn sad that the VALAR took pity on them and granted them both a second mortal life?? HELLA. [b]4. Favorite Age and why?[/b] mmmmm probably the first. melkor being a little shit as usual, his duel with fingolfin (still get goosebumps) and generally just all of the silm going down :D that or the fourth! hooray for peace! [b]5. Thoughts on Melkor/Morgoth? Do you think he was just always a bad egg or do you think he wanted to impress Eru by creating something for him?[/b] MAN OKAY so i actually have a lot of feelings about this. i feel like when all the singing went down and he started doing his own thing he really shouldnt have been punished the way he was. maybe like..if he was kindly guided instead of told it was wrong he wouldnt have thrown his big fit :C making your own stuff outside of order doesnt HAVE to be evil, he could have contributed a lot of amazing things! and if everyone truly had the best intentions in mind for arda then if someone made their own stuff it wouldnt be evil anyway! imagine if all the valar didnt abide by a structure but were still benevolent. idk i really feel like melkor could have done a lot of good if everyone just reacted differently. instead of singling him out, supporting him and helping him to stay on a good track n all. ye \o/ [b]6. Thoughts on Mairon/Sauron and the Melkor/Mairon relationship.[/b] [i]EDIT: i totally thought you were talking about the angbang ship omg.[/i] mmm i really dont know about this. i dont jude if others are into it of course (unless youre into noncon, then honestly wth is the matter with you. i have such issues with that omg) i feel like melkor/mairon COULD have been a thing if no one went evil. but with how horrible they got i feel like feeling any kind of love or compassion was just impossible. and i really get the vibe that sauron mostly answered to melkor later on because he knew how incredibly powerful he was and wanted in on that and he was also afraid of him, yknow? [b]7. Thoughts on why Thranduil never sailed after his son - or do you think Tolkien just couldn't get around to writing his departure in the story and that eventually he sailed to be with his son?[/b] i actually dont know enough about this to answer! ill love to read about it though :D one day (soon i hope) [b]8. Mandos and Irmo - your thoughts on the brothers.[/b] i really wish we all could have seen more of the valar and their personalities D: especially irmo and the others that hardly had any time in the book.. i love how namo (or mandos i guess heh) took pity on beren and luthien like i said earlier ^^^ who wouldnt be moved by their actions? im glad he talked it over with manwe and tried to help em out :> [b]9. (tries to contain squeals of happiness) MAED-- Ahem. Maedhros and Fingon. Best friends or unrequited true love and a quest that separated them soul and body?[/b] i dont feel comfortable pairing anyone that closely related.... XD id go with "best friends". [b]10. How did you find Tolkien and what made you fall in love with his work?[/b] ah man ill never forget. my first exposure to anything tolkien was when i was pretty young (im 19 now, i mean thats still young but yeah) and i walked into the living room where the fellowship vhs was playing on the tv :'> the first thing i saw arwen surrounded by light kneeling down to save frodo and speaking in elvish. i was enchanted by her, it was just a magical scene ;v; she was probably my first celebrity crush heheh.. it was a while before i actually started watching the movies though, but when i did i absolutely fell in love with them. the amount of WORK put into them to make each detail seem as if it were real and a piece of history..just amazing. ;v; [b]11: Thoughts on The Children of Húrin?[/b] i havent read the book! i do have it though, ill get around to it some time :> the bits in the silm were actually my least favorite part out of the whole book. im not into accidental incestuous marriage pff. [b](12)Last question: Tom Bombadil. Ideas? Thoughts? Headcanons? I am incredibly curious to know what people think of him.[/b] TOTALLY A MAIAR IN DISGUISE. yep. same with his wife. wow that was actually a lot longer than i thought this would be :O thank you for the questions!!! its great to thing about all this stuff :DDD
@Impception
NICE, WELCOME and thank you for the questions!! we love stuff like that :DD

hmmmm i have two. the movie version of faramir and then sam.
faramir because of all the turmoil he was put through by his father. he captured the hobbits as a final attempt to earn his fathers appreciation, but willingly released them after seeing how it corrupts everything and the utter pain frodo was experiencing in order to destroy it. he decided that his own suffering wasnt as important and let go of (seemingly) the only opportunity for his father to love him.
sam because through the entire journey he was always there to support frodo. willingly walking into certain death because his love for his friend and all things good in the world was stronger than his fear.
tumblr_n26jzrlZOi1r503xfo2_500.gif

need i say more?

EOL. WHAT A CREEP UGH. im too worked up to write it all out pff. very manupilative. total nastyman.
other than that, probably his son, maeglin. i posted a mini rant about this earlier on in the thread heheh. this is what i said:
" DAMMIT MAEGLIN i was ROOTING for you. he goes off with his cool mom to escape his nasty dad and i was like damn nice! you go guys, get away from that ***. and then she dies and im like welp okay i guess thats just how this book is :< and THEN he starts creeping on his cousin like that?? like bro stop please.. AND THEN HE UP AND BETRAYS EVERYONE RUINS EVERYTHING D:< and i was just

tumblr_inline_nu1y5mghJs1tt3cnv_500.gif "

id say the story of beren and luthien, if that counts as history heh. showing up to melkors front door and slapping him in the face? hella.
and the fact that their story was so damn sad that the VALAR took pity on them and granted them both a second mortal life?? HELLA.

4. Favorite Age and why?
mmmmm probably the first. melkor being a little **** as usual, his duel with fingolfin (still get goosebumps) and generally just all of the silm going down :D
that or the fourth! hooray for peace!

MAN OKAY so i actually have a lot of feelings about this. i feel like when all the singing went down and he started doing his own thing he really shouldnt have been punished the way he was. maybe like..if he was kindly guided instead of told it was wrong he wouldnt have thrown his big fit :C making your own stuff outside of order doesnt HAVE to be evil, he could have contributed a lot of amazing things! and if everyone truly had the best intentions in mind for arda then if someone made their own stuff it wouldnt be evil anyway! imagine if all the valar didnt abide by a structure but were still benevolent. idk i really feel like melkor could have done a lot of good if everyone just reacted differently. instead of singling him out, supporting him and helping him to stay on a good track n all. ye \o/

EDIT: i totally thought you were talking about the angbang ship omg.

mmm i really dont know about this. i dont jude if others are into it of course (unless youre into noncon, then honestly wth is the matter with you. i have such issues with that omg)
i feel like melkor/mairon COULD have been a thing if no one went evil. but with how horrible they got i feel like feeling any kind of love or compassion was just impossible. and i really get the vibe that sauron mostly answered to melkor later on because he knew how incredibly powerful he was and wanted in on that and he was also afraid of him, yknow?

i actually dont know enough about this to answer! ill love to read about it though :D one day (soon i hope)

i really wish we all could have seen more of the valar and their personalities D: especially irmo and the others that hardly had any time in the book..
i love how namo (or mandos i guess heh) took pity on beren and luthien like i said earlier ^^^ who wouldnt be moved by their actions? im glad he talked it over with manwe and tried to help em out :>

i dont feel comfortable pairing anyone that closely related.... XD id go with "best friends".

ah man ill never forget.
my first exposure to anything tolkien was when i was pretty young (im 19 now, i mean thats still young but yeah) and i walked into the living room where the fellowship vhs was playing on the tv :'> the first thing i saw arwen surrounded by light kneeling down to save frodo and speaking in elvish. i was enchanted by her, it was just a magical scene ;v; she was probably my first celebrity crush heheh..
it was a while before i actually started watching the movies though, but when i did i absolutely fell in love with them. the amount of WORK put into them to make each detail seem as if it were real and a piece of history..just amazing. ;v;

i havent read the book! i do have it though, ill get around to it some time :>
the bits in the silm were actually my least favorite part out of the whole book. im not into accidental incestuous marriage pff.

(12)Last question: Tom Bombadil. Ideas? Thoughts? Headcanons? I am incredibly curious to know what people think of him.

TOTALLY A MAIAR IN DISGUISE. yep. same with his wife.

wow that was actually a lot longer than i thought this would be :O thank you for the questions!!! its great to thing about all this stuff :DDD
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngKBrR3YL.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
@RaisingCain

Ah, yes, one of the best ways I learn as well. maybe we're distantly related O.o

Haha, school.. Making a PowerPoint def. makes you look professional. and I'm idiotic enough to try and make a language based on English orthography and based on Sindarin and German phonology.. with a language to go with it... name ideas?

@Impception

Ok, what have you done.
Welcome to our humble thread. :> We're totally just a bunch of nerds here. though no one would guess with me Here are answers to some of your questions:

Favorite Character and Why?

I've got two, actually. No, wait, three. I really like Legolas, (duh) Sam, and quite fond of Aragorn? You could say with Sam, he just really stuck with his goal the whole time. He would fight for/with Frodo until the end. He was completely loyal, and killed an orc for Frodo, tried to free Frodo from Gollum/Sméagol's seduction and carried him up Mt. Doom! He's still overlooked *cries* Aragorn, well, his personality really strikes me. He knows he has a very powerful heritage/lineage, but he is still doubtful of himself. He is very cautious about the choices he makes, but if put up to the challenge, he can take care of everyone and give everyone hope except himself . And Legolas, well, there is just something. I love his father, and how Tolkien remains "wrathful" in his explanation of Legolas. Legolas is not supposed to remain as a "ladylike" elf.

Least Favorite Character and Why?

Agreeing with @souphands , Eol! Aghh, I couldn't stand reading about him. What a creep! I don't want to be a spoiler, but let's just say he needs Anger Management classes!
And I also hate Ungoliant, gave me goosebumps reading about her... not that I have anything against spiders

Favorite Piece of History and Why?

Erm, that's a tough one to recall, considering I'm having trouble remembering, but I'll just go " Of Melian ", because that was pretty cool.

Favorite Age and Why?

The first age, definitely, such drama and everyone dies, haha and angst.

Thoughts on Melkor/Morgoth ?

I think he just wanted to be creative, like Aule. He may of became evil simply because Eru did not approve of the things he wished to create, so he decided to do what he wanted, no matter what other Vala did. If Eru maybe guided him like "Hey, I wish you could not do that?", they were basically like children when they were first created. You can't expect all of them to be the same, as if they were minions.

Thoughts on Thranduil's Sailing?

I think, since Legolas had limited days in Arda after the prophecy was given which makes me cry every times *tears up* Thranduil had to stay a while in Middle-Earth until he could find an appropriate heir, inferring that Legolas was an only child. Legolas was slighty "forced" so to say, so Thranduil could not sail. Just what I think...

Mandos and Irmo?

All I can say is Mandos never has much to say.

Maedhros and Fingon?

If the Silmarillion was a movie, most teary scenes ever! Totally best friends, it was a pretty fun chapter to read.

How Did you find Tolkien and his Works?

You could say, I started out being a mellow lover of Tolkien. I just saw the movies, didn't even know the name of Minas Tirith, until I watched the Hobbit. I thought about Legolas, and suddenly became obsessed with him *cough* again . When I was younger, my parents always called Legolas my "boyfriend". which they still do Took a look on FR forums to talk about Legolas with, but found none. So I created a thread and now look what you guys have done and love Tolkien more than ever.

Thoughts on the Children of Hurin?

Getting the book on Christmas (please don't be offended if you don't celebrate Xmas) and I guess I'll read it then, unless I finished the Silm and can convince my parents to buy me it. One of my friends read it and said it was really sad though.

Basically all the info I can give...

@Gandalfjh

Welcome to the thread and FR! I totally couldn't tell you liked Gandalf by reading your user! ;P

-Hydro
@RaisingCain

Ah, yes, one of the best ways I learn as well. maybe we're distantly related O.o

Haha, school.. Making a PowerPoint def. makes you look professional. and I'm idiotic enough to try and make a language based on English orthography and based on Sindarin and German phonology.. with a language to go with it... name ideas?

@Impception

Ok, what have you done.
Welcome to our humble thread. :> We're totally just a bunch of nerds here. though no one would guess with me Here are answers to some of your questions:

Favorite Character and Why?

I've got two, actually. No, wait, three. I really like Legolas, (duh) Sam, and quite fond of Aragorn? You could say with Sam, he just really stuck with his goal the whole time. He would fight for/with Frodo until the end. He was completely loyal, and killed an orc for Frodo, tried to free Frodo from Gollum/Sméagol's seduction and carried him up Mt. Doom! He's still overlooked *cries* Aragorn, well, his personality really strikes me. He knows he has a very powerful heritage/lineage, but he is still doubtful of himself. He is very cautious about the choices he makes, but if put up to the challenge, he can take care of everyone and give everyone hope except himself . And Legolas, well, there is just something. I love his father, and how Tolkien remains "wrathful" in his explanation of Legolas. Legolas is not supposed to remain as a "ladylike" elf.

Least Favorite Character and Why?

Agreeing with @souphands , Eol! Aghh, I couldn't stand reading about him. What a creep! I don't want to be a spoiler, but let's just say he needs Anger Management classes!
And I also hate Ungoliant, gave me goosebumps reading about her... not that I have anything against spiders

Favorite Piece of History and Why?

Erm, that's a tough one to recall, considering I'm having trouble remembering, but I'll just go " Of Melian ", because that was pretty cool.

Favorite Age and Why?

The first age, definitely, such drama and everyone dies, haha and angst.

Thoughts on Melkor/Morgoth ?

I think he just wanted to be creative, like Aule. He may of became evil simply because Eru did not approve of the things he wished to create, so he decided to do what he wanted, no matter what other Vala did. If Eru maybe guided him like "Hey, I wish you could not do that?", they were basically like children when they were first created. You can't expect all of them to be the same, as if they were minions.

Thoughts on Thranduil's Sailing?

I think, since Legolas had limited days in Arda after the prophecy was given which makes me cry every times *tears up* Thranduil had to stay a while in Middle-Earth until he could find an appropriate heir, inferring that Legolas was an only child. Legolas was slighty "forced" so to say, so Thranduil could not sail. Just what I think...

Mandos and Irmo?

All I can say is Mandos never has much to say.

Maedhros and Fingon?

If the Silmarillion was a movie, most teary scenes ever! Totally best friends, it was a pretty fun chapter to read.

How Did you find Tolkien and his Works?

You could say, I started out being a mellow lover of Tolkien. I just saw the movies, didn't even know the name of Minas Tirith, until I watched the Hobbit. I thought about Legolas, and suddenly became obsessed with him *cough* again . When I was younger, my parents always called Legolas my "boyfriend". which they still do Took a look on FR forums to talk about Legolas with, but found none. So I created a thread and now look what you guys have done and love Tolkien more than ever.

Thoughts on the Children of Hurin?

Getting the book on Christmas (please don't be offended if you don't celebrate Xmas) and I guess I'll read it then, unless I finished the Silm and can convince my parents to buy me it. One of my friends read it and said it was really sad though.

Basically all the info I can give...

@Gandalfjh

Welcome to the thread and FR! I totally couldn't tell you liked Gandalf by reading your user! ;P

-Hydro
1 2 ... 131 132 133 134 135 ... 187 188