Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 229 230 231 232 233 ... 753 754
Will the changes to the breed art templates fix the gene errors still floating around (mulberry hypnotic on male Nocts, spring glimmer on male Spirals, ect), or will they still need to be addressed individually?
Will the changes to the breed art templates fix the gene errors still floating around (mulberry hypnotic on male Nocts, spring glimmer on male Spirals, ect), or will they still need to be addressed individually?
[quote]Will we get currencies other then USD to buy gems with, the conversion rate to buy gems is killing me( im aussie) and i want o bjuy more gems but the exchange rate is terrible[/quote] At this time there are no plans for alternate regional pricing for gem packages; unfortunately we are not able to set the conversion rates. However, we are thankful for the feedback. [br][br] [quote]Do you have any plans on releasing an average size chart for all the breeds so that it's a bit easier to tell how big they are in comparison to one another? I ask this because I know the sizes can glitch out for dragons sometimes, and it would be nice to get a height estimate (as opposed to just length).[/quote] It's probably something we can see ourselves doing in the future -- no plans as of right now, however. [br][br] [quote]What's the science behind beastclan elemental shifts?[/quote] There isn't really any science to it. I know that's a bit of a bummer to hear, but it's really just a functional change meant to balance the Coliseum play experience. :) [br][br] [quote]Have any of the staff ever actually taken an idea from the suggestions thread and implant it into the game?[/quote] Absolutely! We've implemented (or will be implementing) a number of changes or features that have all been discussion points that started in Suggestions forum threads. Some of the most noticeable: [br] [LIST] [*]The option to change your flight [*]The option to change your username [*]The addition of the Vault [*]The addition of several new colors to the color wheel [*]The addition of bonuses for exalting dragons that meet certain breed/gene/color criteria [*]Adding additional Swipp trade offers per rotation [*]Creating "butt bow" apparel [*]The creation of more vibrant/colorful apparel [*]The ability to preview apparel on all breeds before buying it [*]The ability to preview skins on your dragons before buying them [*]The ability to sort by price and expiration in the Auction House search results [*]The addition of a significant amount of new forum and subforum types [*]The ability to open several container items at the same time [*]The ability to sort/filter certain food types in your Hoard. [/LIST] [br] And that really just scratches the surface! Without the community feedback, [i]Flight Rising[/i] certainly would not be the way it is today. [br][br] [quote]Do wing apparel ever interfere with flight?[/quote] As rigid armor or multi-layered skirts can interfere with running, the same can be assumed for certain apparel designs hindering flight. It would still be possible, but you'd have to be a lot more careful. Delicate wing apparel would be unlikely to be worn into battle, but may be used for an aerial dance. Rigid armor would hinder flight, but would also help to protect a dragon's wings during battle. Some battle apparel is designed to hinder flight as little as possible, though there is often a trade off in armor protection vs maneuverability. [br][br] [quote]What happens to a dragon once they are exalted? Like, do they wander away and suddenly meet a deity? Or does the deity come and take the dragon? What happens...[/quote] Canonically, the dragon voluntarily answers the call of their patron deity and goes to support their elemental flight in skirmishes and dominance of Sornieth. The closest parallelism would be something like a voluntary enlistment to the military. There are many ways an exalted dragon can help in the dominance effort: flying supplies to various parts of the globe, attacking, defending, diplomacy, spying, maintaining infrastructure, research, supplying the flight, healing, etc.
Quote:
Will we get currencies other then USD to buy gems with, the conversion rate to buy gems is killing me( im aussie) and i want o bjuy more gems but the exchange rate is terrible

At this time there are no plans for alternate regional pricing for gem packages; unfortunately we are not able to set the conversion rates. However, we are thankful for the feedback.

Quote:
Do you have any plans on releasing an average size chart for all the breeds so that it's a bit easier to tell how big they are in comparison to one another?
I ask this because I know the sizes can glitch out for dragons sometimes, and it would be nice to get a height estimate (as opposed to just length).

It's probably something we can see ourselves doing in the future -- no plans as of right now, however.

Quote:
What's the science behind beastclan elemental shifts?

There isn't really any science to it. I know that's a bit of a bummer to hear, but it's really just a functional change meant to balance the Coliseum play experience. :)

Quote:
Have any of the staff ever actually taken an idea from the suggestions thread and implant it into the game?

Absolutely! We've implemented (or will be implementing) a number of changes or features that have all been discussion points that started in Suggestions forum threads. Some of the most noticeable:

• The option to change your flight
  • The option to change your username
  • The addition of the Vault
  • The addition of several new colors to the color wheel
  • The addition of bonuses for exalting dragons that meet certain breed/gene/color criteria
  • Adding additional Swipp trade offers per rotation
  • Creating "butt bow" apparel
  • The creation of more vibrant/colorful apparel
  • The ability to preview apparel on all breeds before buying it
  • The ability to preview skins on your dragons before buying them
  • The ability to sort by price and expiration in the Auction House search results
  • The addition of a significant amount of new forum and subforum types
  • The ability to open several container items at the same time
  • The ability to sort/filter certain food types in your Hoard.

And that really just scratches the surface! Without the community feedback, Flight Rising certainly would not be the way it is today.

Quote:
Do wing apparel ever interfere with flight?

As rigid armor or multi-layered skirts can interfere with running, the same can be assumed for certain apparel designs hindering flight. It would still be possible, but you'd have to be a lot more careful. Delicate wing apparel would be unlikely to be worn into battle, but may be used for an aerial dance. Rigid armor would hinder flight, but would also help to protect a dragon's wings during battle. Some battle apparel is designed to hinder flight as little as possible, though there is often a trade off in armor protection vs maneuverability.

Quote:
What happens to a dragon once they are exalted? Like, do they wander away and suddenly meet a deity? Or does the deity come and take the dragon? What happens...

Canonically, the dragon voluntarily answers the call of their patron deity and goes to support their elemental flight in skirmishes and dominance of Sornieth. The closest parallelism would be something like a voluntary enlistment to the military. There are many ways an exalted dragon can help in the dominance effort: flying supplies to various parts of the globe, attacking, defending, diplomacy, spying, maintaining infrastructure, research, supplying the flight, healing, etc.
Are there any plans to implement an ability to get exalted dragons back? If it is like being enlisted into the military, shouldn't they be able to leave when they're done/want to return home? Or do the deities basically hold them under their power and make them stay in order to do all the things you listed?

Also, are there any plans to add the ability to see exalted dragons' colours in the future? Or at least their ID numbers?
Are there any plans to implement an ability to get exalted dragons back? If it is like being enlisted into the military, shouldn't they be able to leave when they're done/want to return home? Or do the deities basically hold them under their power and make them stay in order to do all the things you listed?

Also, are there any plans to add the ability to see exalted dragons' colours in the future? Or at least their ID numbers?
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Do the Staff look at suggestions they implement to see the community support/desire for it? What makes a suggestion valid enough to go into the eyes of the staff?
With the new rules implemented, will a Poll system come into play for those whom agree with a suggestion, but have already had their points explained by another user? Will there be a system in which an OP can 'bump' a suggestion thread without breaking the new rules via menu?
Do the Staff look at suggestions they implement to see the community support/desire for it? What makes a suggestion valid enough to go into the eyes of the staff?
With the new rules implemented, will a Poll system come into play for those whom agree with a suggestion, but have already had their points explained by another user? Will there be a system in which an OP can 'bump' a suggestion thread without breaking the new rules via menu?
Ping me pretty please! I love seeing responses!
Is the release of the next Baldwin level set on a schedule or based on the number of players at the highest level? When will the next Baldwin level come out? (I've missed out on so much exp!)
Is the release of the next Baldwin level set on a schedule or based on the number of players at the highest level? When will the next Baldwin level come out? (I've missed out on so much exp!)
Each dragon breed have specific food item types that they can eat in their diet. As this is obviously used as a simple gaming mechanic to make breeds more unique and provide a range of possible food items we can keep track of as opposed to a boring singular type, outside of the gameplay can dragons still consume types of food outside of their normal diet? Since in your newest Forgotten Cave update, it was implied that "even the most carnivorous dragons" would resort to feasting on Drywood Termites if their hunting grounds became scarce.
Each dragon breed have specific food item types that they can eat in their diet. As this is obviously used as a simple gaming mechanic to make breeds more unique and provide a range of possible food items we can keep track of as opposed to a boring singular type, outside of the gameplay can dragons still consume types of food outside of their normal diet? Since in your newest Forgotten Cave update, it was implied that "even the most carnivorous dragons" would resort to feasting on Drywood Termites if their hunting grounds became scarce.
tak_adopt_by_sherushi_by_thepokemon123941-dabq36r.png
Will the lore on Emperor dragons be ever be expanded upon in gameplay?
Will the lore on Emperor dragons be ever be expanded upon in gameplay?
So... what are those things along a coatl's neck and wings? Are they horns or feather whorls or what?
So... what are those things along a coatl's neck and wings? Are they horns or feather whorls or what?
Still undercaffeinated.
Y'alls have been phasing out non-unique coli drops in favour of unique ones. Will the same happen to rare non-unique apparel drops, e.g. the Nomad's Sandwastes Sash that drops in Forgotten Cave?
Y'alls have been phasing out non-unique coli drops in favour of unique ones. Will the same happen to rare non-unique apparel drops, e.g. the Nomad's Sandwastes Sash that drops in Forgotten Cave?
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Are the Woodland Turkeys coming back this year? ;;
Are the Woodland Turkeys coming back this year? ;;
Be Kind, Be Well, & Do Something Nice For Somebody Today
1 2 ... 229 230 231 232 233 ... 753 754