Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird childhood stories.
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 54 55
Me and my brother would get eggs from the fridge and put them on pillows and sit on them (gently) and pretend we were birds. When we were done we put them back in the fridge cause our mother made us.
Me and my brother would get eggs from the fridge and put them on pillows and sit on them (gently) and pretend we were birds. When we were done we put them back in the fridge cause our mother made us.
rSJg2ds.jpgezykfzF.jpg
My sister and her best bro decided one day that they wanted to get high. They were 10. Like hell any of the various pushers in our city would sell to a pair of ten-year-olds, and if they snuck some they'd get beaten within an inch of their lives for stealing.

So. They decided to smoke pencil lead.

Mechanical pencil lead, to be exact, wrapped in toilet paper.

Nowadays, pencil 'lead' is graphite and a clay bonder, so they weren't going to get lead poisoning, but it's still not all that good for you. I have NO IDEA why they thought pencil lead would give them a high like weed would, but they were determined. So they rolled their 'joints' and lit up.

They got so sick that it wasn't worth grounding them, the aftereffects were punishment enough. Naturally, I thought this was the funniest thing I'd ever seen.
My sister and her best bro decided one day that they wanted to get high. They were 10. Like hell any of the various pushers in our city would sell to a pair of ten-year-olds, and if they snuck some they'd get beaten within an inch of their lives for stealing.

So. They decided to smoke pencil lead.

Mechanical pencil lead, to be exact, wrapped in toilet paper.

Nowadays, pencil 'lead' is graphite and a clay bonder, so they weren't going to get lead poisoning, but it's still not all that good for you. I have NO IDEA why they thought pencil lead would give them a high like weed would, but they were determined. So they rolled their 'joints' and lit up.

They got so sick that it wasn't worth grounding them, the aftereffects were punishment enough. Naturally, I thought this was the funniest thing I'd ever seen.
trollclaw-banner.png
(A World of Warcraft Hatchery)
My grandma bought me an african clawed frog. she would scratch its back with a straw.
My grandma bought me an african clawed frog. she would scratch its back with a straw.
m2YbpzO.png tumblr_inline_o0idl15pQv1qg2i5p_540.png
@lillian1744

When I was a baby that couldn't walk, in a locked room, while also in a crib, I suddenly appeared in the middle of a busy road outside. Some lady found me and knew my parents so yeah lucky. But it happened like three more times.

And a really funny one when I was 6, I heard play boy somewhere and got it mixed with tom boy, and happily yelled at my friend "I'm a play boy!"
@lillian1744

When I was a baby that couldn't walk, in a locked room, while also in a crib, I suddenly appeared in the middle of a busy road outside. Some lady found me and knew my parents so yeah lucky. But it happened like three more times.

And a really funny one when I was 6, I heard play boy somewhere and got it mixed with tom boy, and happily yelled at my friend "I'm a play boy!"
art_by_novaturen-daj5zrb.png
one time when i was rly little (like 4 or 5) i swallowed a cherry seed by accident and went to tell my dad and he told me a cherry tree would grow inside my stomach and i started crying

also when i was 12 i tripped over @ my friends party and broke my right leg and didnt go to school for 7 weeks bc of that (i got work sent home tho)

ALSO when i was in prep (that would be first grade to u muricans) i was in the toilets and my friend started screaming and turning the lights on and off so i screamed too (i didnt know she was turning the lights off) and a teacher heard us and i got the blame
that made me scared of going to the toilets for the rest of the year. i wasnt confident in going to the toilets until grade 4
one time when i was rly little (like 4 or 5) i swallowed a cherry seed by accident and went to tell my dad and he told me a cherry tree would grow inside my stomach and i started crying

also when i was 12 i tripped over @ my friends party and broke my right leg and didnt go to school for 7 weeks bc of that (i got work sent home tho)

ALSO when i was in prep (that would be first grade to u muricans) i was in the toilets and my friend started screaming and turning the lights on and off so i screamed too (i didnt know she was turning the lights off) and a teacher heard us and i got the blame
that made me scared of going to the toilets for the rest of the year. i wasnt confident in going to the toilets until grade 4
k2pEFmO.png
I've always been good at disassembling things, putting them back together, and fixing machines and computers... My friends' nickname for me is MacGyver. When I was 8 or 9, I wanted to make the vacuum cleaner run by itself, so I took apart my old ride-on scooter thing, screwed and taped them onto the vacuum wheels, and hooked up the battery. And it worked... The vacuum did actually move by itself. It ran right over its own power cord, ripped the power cord in half, and made a lot of sparks and a big burn mark on the carpet.

I'm a self-employed engineer now, and I applied for a patent at age 14 (Not on the vacuum, haha). ;-) But a person with my skill set is a high-maintenance child.

When I was 12, I started teaching myself C++ and wrote a program that did all my math homework for me... My mother wasn't happy with this at all, but my dad's an engineer too, so his response to it was "If he understands the math well enough to write the code, he really doesn't need to do that homework"

Around the same time, I played an online game called Big Fat Awesome House Party, and it sort of introduced me to hacking… The game had a screen where you log on with a username and password, and I used to log onto other peoples’ accounts by putting in hundreds of random answers to their security questions… not to do anything harmful, just to see how far along others were in the game compared to me.

The first account I hacked was the username “flippy”. It was just a random one I typed in… well, years after Big Fat Awesome House Party was shut down, I met a friend on deviantART, and after a few months we exchanged phone numbers. Well one day I was chatting on the phone and I mentioned playing Big Fat Awesome House Party and harmlessly hacking peoples’ accounts, and they said “Maybe you hacked my account, because I’m pretty sure mine was hacked…” Turns out, that friend I met years after the game ended, and went to a concert with in person, was “flippy”, the owner of the first account I hacked.

And here's something more in line with what most kids do... I put a rubber rat on a plate in the cupboard for April Fools Day, and my mother took the plate out without looking at it, saw the rubber rat from the corner of her eye, screamed a colorful string of cuss words and flung the plate across the kitchen.
I've always been good at disassembling things, putting them back together, and fixing machines and computers... My friends' nickname for me is MacGyver. When I was 8 or 9, I wanted to make the vacuum cleaner run by itself, so I took apart my old ride-on scooter thing, screwed and taped them onto the vacuum wheels, and hooked up the battery. And it worked... The vacuum did actually move by itself. It ran right over its own power cord, ripped the power cord in half, and made a lot of sparks and a big burn mark on the carpet.

I'm a self-employed engineer now, and I applied for a patent at age 14 (Not on the vacuum, haha). ;-) But a person with my skill set is a high-maintenance child.

When I was 12, I started teaching myself C++ and wrote a program that did all my math homework for me... My mother wasn't happy with this at all, but my dad's an engineer too, so his response to it was "If he understands the math well enough to write the code, he really doesn't need to do that homework"

Around the same time, I played an online game called Big Fat Awesome House Party, and it sort of introduced me to hacking… The game had a screen where you log on with a username and password, and I used to log onto other peoples’ accounts by putting in hundreds of random answers to their security questions… not to do anything harmful, just to see how far along others were in the game compared to me.

The first account I hacked was the username “flippy”. It was just a random one I typed in… well, years after Big Fat Awesome House Party was shut down, I met a friend on deviantART, and after a few months we exchanged phone numbers. Well one day I was chatting on the phone and I mentioned playing Big Fat Awesome House Party and harmlessly hacking peoples’ accounts, and they said “Maybe you hacked my account, because I’m pretty sure mine was hacked…” Turns out, that friend I met years after the game ended, and went to a concert with in person, was “flippy”, the owner of the first account I hacked.

And here's something more in line with what most kids do... I put a rubber rat on a plate in the cupboard for April Fools Day, and my mother took the plate out without looking at it, saw the rubber rat from the corner of her eye, screamed a colorful string of cuss words and flung the plate across the kitchen.
@'ing myself for further reading

@Glorn
@'ing myself for further reading

@Glorn
[quote]My parents did the exact same thing! And I responded the same way the first time I heard baby talk - are we clones?[/quote] Quick, we need to do genetic testing so that we can make sure we aren't siblings separated at birth!
Quote:
My parents did the exact same thing! And I responded the same way the first time I heard baby talk - are we clones?

Quick, we need to do genetic testing so that we can make sure we aren't siblings separated at birth!
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
I chewed a hole in my friend's kiddy pool because I liked the way the latex felt on my teeth.
I chewed a hole in my friend's kiddy pool because I liked the way the latex felt on my teeth.
20iias5.png
[quote]Oh, also, when I was like 7 or something, I tried to color myself purple. With permanent markers. I thought I'd be pretty with purple skin, but for some reason my mom didn't like the idea as much as I did.[/quote] You made me remember a story about me when I was in kindergarten. I was coloring in a coloring book with Crayola markers and ended up getting a blue line on my knee. Instead of wiping it off, I drew blue lines all over my whole body and christened myself the Tiger Queen. Boy, was Mom surprised when she came home from work. And she always says, "Those markers said they were washable. They weren't." I'm calling false advertising, Crayola. Another story of bizarre childhood fun times comes from 3rd grade sewing class. A boy and I were cleaning up at the sink when we spilled soap on the floor. Immediately we discovered how slick the floor became and we started ice skating on the floor. Eventually the boy left but I had a blast for 20 minutes ice-skating on a hand-soaped floor. The teacher was mad that I did something so "reckless" and wrote up a citation. When she told the story to my mom, she only laughed because 1) I was having a good time and 2) What teacher wouldn't notice a soap-skating 3rd grader for 20 minutes?
Quote:
Oh, also, when I was like 7 or something, I tried to color myself purple. With permanent markers. I thought I'd be pretty with purple skin, but for some reason my mom didn't like the idea as much as I did.

You made me remember a story about me when I was in kindergarten.

I was coloring in a coloring book with Crayola markers and ended up getting a blue line on my knee. Instead of wiping it off, I drew blue lines all over my whole body and christened myself the Tiger Queen. Boy, was Mom surprised when she came home from work.

And she always says, "Those markers said they were washable. They weren't." I'm calling false advertising, Crayola.

Another story of bizarre childhood fun times comes from 3rd grade sewing class.

A boy and I were cleaning up at the sink when we spilled soap on the floor. Immediately we discovered how slick the floor became and we started ice skating on the floor. Eventually the boy left but I had a blast for 20 minutes ice-skating on a hand-soaped floor.

The teacher was mad that I did something so "reckless" and wrote up a citation. When she told the story to my mom, she only laughed because 1) I was having a good time and 2) What teacher wouldn't notice a soap-skating 3rd grader for 20 minutes?
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 54 55