Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Art Contest! Grand Prize: Imperial!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@TheThornedRose
HNNG it's 11 oclock here and I've done my best but I have work bright and early tomorrow and I just can't quite finish this in time for the deadline. Still, I've got *something* done and I worked hard so I'm submitting it. If you need to disqualify it, I understand.

Link to the art: http://i44.tinypic.com/28horgw.jpg (textures by Rockgem & Carllton at DeviantArt)
Which dragon(s) are included: Sarasvati and her hatchling Asteria

What inspired you to choose this dragon or dragons:
Your description depicted Sarasvati as a wise den-mother who inherited the clan from the prior denmother, Hera. This got me to thinking about what it means to be a den-mother. Undoubtedly she spends much of her time with her partner, but her most important duties are to the hatchlings, teaching them the values of scrolls and treasure that the dragons gather through their fights with monsters. Fledglings have a lot that they must learn before they can go on to serve the clan or move in with others, and I imagine that Serasvati takes her duty very seriously, wanting her children to be proper representatives of the wise dragons of Arcane flight and TheThornedRose clan. Here I've depicted Sarasvati training her daughter Asteria before she went on to grace evilRevan's lair.

Rank the prizes in your order of preference: A, B, C, and D... in that order, lol
@TheThornedRose
HNNG it's 11 oclock here and I've done my best but I have work bright and early tomorrow and I just can't quite finish this in time for the deadline. Still, I've got *something* done and I worked hard so I'm submitting it. If you need to disqualify it, I understand.

Link to the art: http://i44.tinypic.com/28horgw.jpg (textures by Rockgem & Carllton at DeviantArt)
Which dragon(s) are included: Sarasvati and her hatchling Asteria

What inspired you to choose this dragon or dragons:
Your description depicted Sarasvati as a wise den-mother who inherited the clan from the prior denmother, Hera. This got me to thinking about what it means to be a den-mother. Undoubtedly she spends much of her time with her partner, but her most important duties are to the hatchlings, teaching them the values of scrolls and treasure that the dragons gather through their fights with monsters. Fledglings have a lot that they must learn before they can go on to serve the clan or move in with others, and I imagine that Serasvati takes her duty very seriously, wanting her children to be proper representatives of the wise dragons of Arcane flight and TheThornedRose clan. Here I've depicted Sarasvati training her daughter Asteria before she went on to grace evilRevan's lair.

Rank the prizes in your order of preference: A, B, C, and D... in that order, lol
Athena_456623_ID_Signature.png
@Stormcrow-thanks for your submission!
@Ilium-Thanks for your submission and for putting all that work into it. We have a lot of different styles in the contest and I will consider yours the same way I would anyone else's based on appeal, effort and beauty. The contest closes in two hours and you can totally update it up to that point.
@Stormcrow-thanks for your submission!
@Ilium-Thanks for your submission and for putting all that work into it. We have a lot of different styles in the contest and I will consider yours the same way I would anyone else's based on appeal, effort and beauty. The contest closes in two hours and you can totally update it up to that point.

thorned_rose_by_adumbrant-d6k027e.png
@TheThornedRose
If I could, I totally would, but I am at work right now, alas. :( But I'm really excited about the contest; there's some really good competition here!
@TheThornedRose
If I could, I totally would, but I am at work right now, alas. :( But I'm really excited about the contest; there's some really good competition here!
@Drav, @AutumnWyvern, @Saphirae, @Roguish, @unisax1, @Beanpod, @Luciellia, @TheresanColis, @CitrusCupcake, @EclipseDragon, @Hachiseiko, @Stormcrow, @Ilium

Thanks so much for all of your entries! I will determine the winners by Friday evening. Once I have decided the winners I will make an announcement on the first post and ping all of you guys. I will determine who gets what prize via preference lists and set up the crossroads. Please do your best to accept the crossroads in a timely manner.

Since the contest opened, I have put in the specific babies for the two prizes which were listed as children of blah and blah. Due to this, please take a second to confirm that your preference list is indeed in the order you wish. Each of you has until Friday morning, 9am server time to change your preference list around.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
@Drav, @AutumnWyvern, @Saphirae, @Roguish, @unisax1, @Beanpod, @Luciellia, @TheresanColis, @CitrusCupcake, @EclipseDragon, @Hachiseiko, @Stormcrow, @Ilium

Thanks so much for all of your entries! I will determine the winners by Friday evening. Once I have decided the winners I will make an announcement on the first post and ping all of you guys. I will determine who gets what prize via preference lists and set up the crossroads. Please do your best to accept the crossroads in a timely manner.

Since the contest opened, I have put in the specific babies for the two prizes which were listed as children of blah and blah. Due to this, please take a second to confirm that your preference list is indeed in the order you wish. Each of you has until Friday morning, 9am server time to change your preference list around.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

thorned_rose_by_adumbrant-d6k027e.png
@TheThornedRose
Yep, my pick stays the same. :) Thanks for hosting the contest; can't wait to hear the results.
@TheThornedRose
Yep, my pick stays the same. :) Thanks for hosting the contest; can't wait to hear the results.
@TheThornedRose
My prefs stay the same, thank you ^_^
@TheThornedRose
My prefs stay the same, thank you ^_^
@TheThornedRose
The hatchlings look lovely! My list is also still about the same, but thank you so much for the heads-up :)
@TheThornedRose
The hatchlings look lovely! My list is also still about the same, but thank you so much for the heads-up :)
@TheThornedRose
Yup, my list is the same! No problem :)
@TheThornedRose
Yup, my list is the same! No problem :)
724158.png 1030294.png 3_by_hachiseiko-d6r0ipo.png 1187466.png 766424.png
@TheThornedRose: Thank you.
@TheThornedRose: Thank you.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

My pick is the same
My pick is the same
EOrlrwo.gif x0CMhAc.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9