Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Art Contest! Grand Prize: Imperial!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thanks for the all the wonderful entries! I've added a list of the completed entries to the first page. If for some reason you don't see your name up there by Wednesday evening, but you have submitted a post, please shoot me a pm.

I am so excited about the beautiful pieces! I have the utmost respect for people who can draw...I draw stick figures.
Thanks for the all the wonderful entries! I've added a list of the completed entries to the first page. If for some reason you don't see your name up there by Wednesday evening, but you have submitted a post, please shoot me a pm.

I am so excited about the beautiful pieces! I have the utmost respect for people who can draw...I draw stick figures.

thorned_rose_by_adumbrant-d6k027e.png
My turn now o3o

Link to the art:
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/252/0/2/for_a_contest_by_littletamarin-d6lo2zg.png
Which dragon(s) are included: Azeban and Sarasvati
What inspired you to choose this dragon or dragons: Just look at them, a pair of two compleatly different dragons! And sure yes both have totally different personalities, but I bet that they too have moments on which they would act alike ^-^
I could not resist drawing both of them.
Rank the prizes in your order of preference:
C,A,D,B.
My turn now o3o

Link to the art:
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/252/0/2/for_a_contest_by_littletamarin-d6lo2zg.png
Which dragon(s) are included: Azeban and Sarasvati
What inspired you to choose this dragon or dragons: Just look at them, a pair of two compleatly different dragons! And sure yes both have totally different personalities, but I bet that they too have moments on which they would act alike ^-^
I could not resist drawing both of them.
Rank the prizes in your order of preference:
C,A,D,B.
EOrlrwo.gif x0CMhAc.png
Link to the art: Click
Also scanned the lines of the piece as a seperate file that you can have as well ^_^
Clicky
Which dragon(s) are included: Kai & Lokelani
What inspired you to choose this dragon or dragons: As soon as I read that Lokelani likes being pampered I just had this image of her reclining on some sort of bed, surrounded by gifts that Kai had given her, being fanned with one of those big palm leaves XD
Rank the prizes in your order of preference: B, A, C, D

edit: You can keep the art if I win a prize or not ^_^
Link to the art: Click
Also scanned the lines of the piece as a seperate file that you can have as well ^_^
Clicky
Which dragon(s) are included: Kai & Lokelani
What inspired you to choose this dragon or dragons: As soon as I read that Lokelani likes being pampered I just had this image of her reclining on some sort of bed, surrounded by gifts that Kai had given her, being fanned with one of those big palm leaves XD

edit: You can keep the art if I win a prize or not ^_^
@CitrusCupcake, @TheresanColis, thanks for your great submissions! I've added you to the entries list! Best of luck to you!
@CitrusCupcake, @TheresanColis, thanks for your great submissions! I've added you to the entries list! Best of luck to you!

@EclipseDragon- thanks for your entry! I'll add you to the list of completed entries.
@EclipseDragon- thanks for your entry! I'll add you to the list of completed entries.

Link to the art: TADA! A link!
Which dragon(s) are included: QueensDarkness and KillingFrost
What inspired you to choose this dragon or dragons: Well, first I wanted to draw Sarasvati and Azeban as they seemed like the most important couple to you but then I realized the big difference in size and got put off. I'm very serious when drawing other's characters and it has to be as accurate as possible! Then I saw Queens and Killing and oh my god! I love spirals and those two are BEAUTIFUL together... I felt like they'd have real chemistry together on the picture and I was right! It was SO worth all the hard work with drawing the tiger stripes and circuits! *lets drawing hand rest now*
Rank the prizes in your order of preference: C, B, A, D

I hope you'll like it C: PM me and I can give you a version that's double the size!
Link to the art: TADA! A link!
Which dragon(s) are included: QueensDarkness and KillingFrost
What inspired you to choose this dragon or dragons: Well, first I wanted to draw Sarasvati and Azeban as they seemed like the most important couple to you but then I realized the big difference in size and got put off. I'm very serious when drawing other's characters and it has to be as accurate as possible! Then I saw Queens and Killing and oh my god! I love spirals and those two are BEAUTIFUL together... I felt like they'd have real chemistry together on the picture and I was right! It was SO worth all the hard work with drawing the tiger stripes and circuits! *lets drawing hand rest now*
Rank the prizes in your order of preference: C, B, A, D

I hope you'll like it C: PM me and I can give you a version that's double the size!
724158.png 1030294.png 3_by_hachiseiko-d6r0ipo.png 1187466.png 766424.png
I never do seem to ever win contests/giveaways, but what the heck, I'll take the bait and try my hand at this!
I never do seem to ever win contests/giveaways, but what the heck, I'll take the bait and try my hand at this!
WLNxQwp.gif I make art
I also make Flight Rising art
Currently breeding for: Marigold/Marigold/Caribbean
Gene Wishlist: 1x Wish, 2x Pearlcatcher, 1x Constellation, 1x Flecks, 2x Flair, 2x Flaunt, 1x Crackle, 1x Contour
@Hachiseiko Thanks for your entry, I've added you to the list of completed entries.

@Eyecandy-Best of luck to you! Feel free to ask me questions if you want input on an idea.
@Hachiseiko Thanks for your entry, I've added you to the list of completed entries.

@Eyecandy-Best of luck to you! Feel free to ask me questions if you want input on an idea.

Link to the art: here we go!
Which dragon(s) are included: Kai and Lokelani
What inspired you to choose this dragon or dragons: Honestly, I guess it's because I'm Arcane XD I was scrolling down through the list, saw a gorgeous Imperial, saw that he was a sorcerer, and that was it! The chance to draw magic is a weakness of mine, I have far too many spellcaster OCs. It seemed a pity not to include Lokelani as well, though being newer to the site I'm now quite worried I drew their relative sizes entirely wrong.

I hope this is alright! I was experimenting with a different style of coloring than is my norm, but still pretty happy with how it turned out. Thanks for mentioning the contest in chat, I'm glad to have had a chance to participate and hadn't even realized there were contests in the forums before you linked it :)
Link to the art: here we go!
Which dragon(s) are included: Kai and Lokelani
What inspired you to choose this dragon or dragons: Honestly, I guess it's because I'm Arcane XD I was scrolling down through the list, saw a gorgeous Imperial, saw that he was a sorcerer, and that was it! The chance to draw magic is a weakness of mine, I have far too many spellcaster OCs. It seemed a pity not to include Lokelani as well, though being newer to the site I'm now quite worried I drew their relative sizes entirely wrong.

I hope this is alright! I was experimenting with a different style of coloring than is my norm, but still pretty happy with how it turned out. Thanks for mentioning the contest in chat, I'm glad to have had a chance to participate and hadn't even realized there were contests in the forums before you linked it :)
@TheThornedRose
I hate to ask this, but do you only want finished pieces...? I have been hard at work on mine since I decided what I wanted to draw and paint, but I'm having a bad feeling as the deadline draws closer and I still seem so far away from the finish line that I'm either going to have to submit an unfinished piece or nothing at all.
@TheThornedRose
I hate to ask this, but do you only want finished pieces...? I have been hard at work on mine since I decided what I wanted to draw and paint, but I'm having a bad feeling as the deadline draws closer and I still seem so far away from the finish line that I'm either going to have to submit an unfinished piece or nothing at all.
Athena_456623_ID_Signature.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9