Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Population
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="Lymsleia" date="2013-09-03 10:39:31"]Every time I see Earth's numbers, I get a little sad that I didn't join the Earth Flight. :( Don't get me wrong; I love being in the Nature Flight, but Earth would've probably been my first choice. But I didn't research properly back then and thought that all dragons from a Flight would look like the dragon in the picture (I had no idea those were the deities) and so I was worried that I'd get bored with "rock" dragons after a while or that I wouldn't really have access to "flying" breeds. (Yeah yeah, I know.) [/quote] Aw, don't be sad. We do pretty well with our small size. And you can still be friends with Earthies, even if you're not subjected to the endless punning in the forums :D [quote name="rhsolyn" date="2013-09-03 11:06:45"]Does anyone have any theories to why Wind flight is so freakin' huge? I mean, seriously. @.@[/quote] When I was considering flights I had a very 'Avatar' concept for the different elements in my head. And everyone wants to be Aang (even though Toph is clearly the best :P ) That's probably not it for everyone else, but it's[i] a theory[/i].
Lymsleia wrote on 2013-09-03 10:39:31:
Every time I see Earth's numbers, I get a little sad that I didn't join the Earth Flight. :(

Don't get me wrong; I love being in the Nature Flight, but Earth would've probably been my first choice. But I didn't research properly back then and thought that all dragons from a Flight would look like the dragon in the picture (I had no idea those were the deities) and so I was worried that I'd get bored with "rock" dragons after a while or that I wouldn't really have access to "flying" breeds. (Yeah yeah, I know.)

Aw, don't be sad. We do pretty well with our small size. And you can still be friends with Earthies, even if you're not subjected to the endless punning in the forums :D
rhsolyn wrote on 2013-09-03 11:06:45:
Does anyone have any theories to why Wind flight is so freakin' huge? I mean, seriously. @.@

When I was considering flights I had a very 'Avatar' concept for the different elements in my head. And everyone wants to be Aang (even though Toph is clearly the best :P ) That's probably not it for everyone else, but it's a theory.
With all these new Arcane members you better pull your weight for dominance! (;

Also all the free giveaway boards are really starting to irk me. I know everyone wants to be friendly but I think we're being TOO friendly. :/
With all these new Arcane members you better pull your weight for dominance! (;

Also all the free giveaway boards are really starting to irk me. I know everyone wants to be friendly but I think we're being TOO friendly. :/
tumblr_ngnjgvFzfC1scuu34o1_500.png]
[quote name="Machaeryx" date="2013-09-03 11:19:57"]And you can still be friends with Earthies, even if you're not subjected to the endless punning in the forums :D [...] And everyone wants to be Aang (even though Toph is clearly the best :P ) That's probably not it for everyone else, but it's[i] a theory[/i].[/quote] Aww but I love puns! (The more terrible, the better! *g*) I will breed lots of Nature- and Earth-themed dragons to show my love for my two favourite Flights. ^.^ And Toph is clearly the best. *nodnod* (I mean I love them all and picking favourites is so hard with this cast but. Toph.)
Machaeryx wrote on 2013-09-03 11:19:57:
And you can still be friends with Earthies, even if you're not subjected to the endless punning in the forums :D [...] And everyone wants to be Aang (even though Toph is clearly the best :P ) That's probably not it for everyone else, but it's a theory.

Aww but I love puns! (The more terrible, the better! *g*) I will breed lots of Nature- and Earth-themed dragons to show my love for my two favourite Flights. ^.^
And Toph is clearly the best. *nodnod* (I mean I love them all and picking favourites is so hard with this cast but. Toph.)
fr-banner-children-of-earth.png
@Seminai: @Story: @Alphaeon: @Lymsleia:
Thanks everyone. Earth is small, but we're a warm and friendly bunch.
@Seminai: @Story: @Alphaeon: @Lymsleia:
Thanks everyone. Earth is small, but we're a warm and friendly bunch.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

[quote name="rhsolyn" date="2013-09-03 11:06:45"]Does anyone have any theories to why Wind flight is so freakin' huge? I mean, seriously. @.@[/quote] There is a discussion thread in wind flight about this. Basically, people find the colors or description fit them, people liked windsinger or people thought the eyes were pretty (like myself :p).
Does anyone have any theories to why Wind flight is so freakin' huge? I mean, seriously. @.@

There is a discussion thread in wind flight about this. Basically, people find the colors or description fit them, people liked windsinger or people thought the eyes were pretty (like myself :p).
[quote name="Pink" date="2013-09-03 12:00:52"][quote name="rhsolyn" date="2013-09-03 11:06:45"]Does anyone have any theories to why Wind flight is so freakin' huge? I mean, seriously. @.@[/quote] There is a discussion thread in wind flight about this. Basically, people find the colors or description fit them, people liked windsinger or people thought the eyes were pretty (like myself :p).[/quote] I was a little curious about this too, thanks for sharing. ^^ I honestly think (in addition to everything mentioned above) the the description for the Wind Flight is very appealing like you said. I mean, being carefree, adventurous and super friendly and really nice things to be when you think about it. ^^
Pink wrote on 2013-09-03 12:00:52:

There is a discussion thread in wind flight about this. Basically, people find the colors or description fit them, people liked windsinger or people thought the eyes were pretty (like myself :p).
I was a little curious about this too, thanks for sharing. ^^
I honestly think (in addition to everything mentioned above) the the description for the Wind Flight is very appealing like you said. I mean, being carefree, adventurous and super friendly and really nice things to be when you think about it. ^^
@Lymsleia What my earthy buddies said ^^ Oh and if you're ever looking for a specific dragon of the earth element you can message me anytime and I'll look around within my flight for you. [quote] Does anyone have any theories to why Wind flight is so freakin' huge? I mean, seriously. @.@ [/quote] My theory on wind flight being so big is because of the slightly Asiatic feel it has. The bamboo and lanterns mostly does it I think. Asian culture is very interesting and popular to a lot of people outside of the continent. Hmm am I right that you've got a lot of anime fans and Jacky chan admirers in your flight, Wind?
@Lymsleia
What my earthy buddies said ^^
Oh and if you're ever looking for a specific dragon of the earth element you can message me anytime and I'll look around within my flight for you.
Quote:
My theory on wind flight being so big is because of the slightly Asiatic feel it has. The bamboo and lanterns mostly does it I think. Asian culture is very interesting and popular to a lot of people outside of the continent.

Hmm am I right that you've got a lot of anime fans and Jacky chan admirers in your flight, Wind?
~
@Mineral
Awww, thank you, I'll keep that in mind!
@Mineral
Awww, thank you, I'll keep that in mind!
fr-banner-children-of-earth.png
It's not that Earth is a smaller flight than the others, it's that it's exclusive.

Every member of the Earth Flight has perfect SAT scores, wrestled crocodiles while tied to a tree, has at least four gold olympic medals, and split atoms with their teeth.
It's not that Earth is a smaller flight than the others, it's that it's exclusive.

Every member of the Earth Flight has perfect SAT scores, wrestled crocodiles while tied to a tree, has at least four gold olympic medals, and split atoms with their teeth.
@Mineral Count me as one of the anime and Jackie Chan fans! xD I don't think that had a lot to do with my choice to pick Wind though (if it did it wasn't a conscious choice). I was actually inches away from choosing Ice when I read Wind's description and picked it. I don't remember exactly what it was anymore that struck my fancy so much, but I chose Wind without a second thought after that. The green eyes and bamboo nests were a bonus, and even my husband says Wind's nests are the prettiest. (He's in Lightning)

Aaaaaanyways, I'm going to guess it's because we're green.
@Mineral Count me as one of the anime and Jackie Chan fans! xD I don't think that had a lot to do with my choice to pick Wind though (if it did it wasn't a conscious choice). I was actually inches away from choosing Ice when I read Wind's description and picked it. I don't remember exactly what it was anymore that struck my fancy so much, but I chose Wind without a second thought after that. The green eyes and bamboo nests were a bonus, and even my husband says Wind's nests are the prettiest. (He's in Lightning)

Aaaaaanyways, I'm going to guess it's because we're green.
banner_zpsf314ed2c.pngtumblr_inline_mwud3bHLGY1r9ywrd.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7