Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Population
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'm not sure what it says about me that my first instinct upon seeing a bunch of numbers is to analyze them. But...

The only Flights whose share of the userbase increased were Nature (+0.035%), Light (+0.054%), Water (+0.031%) and Ice (0+0.313%). The rest dropped, with the biggest drop actually being Wind (-0.116%).

Ice is by far the flight with the largest percentage of its population now being newbies, at 12.7% new. The others clustered fairly closely with the smallest newbie percentage being Plague and Wind (8.2%)and the highest being Light (9.6%). For comparison to the general population, 9.0% of the total site population is now people who registered this morning.

Obviously this is subject to change as the full numbers become available.
I'm not sure what it says about me that my first instinct upon seeing a bunch of numbers is to analyze them. But...

The only Flights whose share of the userbase increased were Nature (+0.035%), Light (+0.054%), Water (+0.031%) and Ice (0+0.313%). The rest dropped, with the biggest drop actually being Wind (-0.116%).

Ice is by far the flight with the largest percentage of its population now being newbies, at 12.7% new. The others clustered fairly closely with the smallest newbie percentage being Plague and Wind (8.2%)and the highest being Light (9.6%). For comparison to the general population, 9.0% of the total site population is now people who registered this morning.

Obviously this is subject to change as the full numbers become available.
I made a chart/list thing with the current population numbers. It baffles me how Wind could have so many while all the other 'original' Flights (Earth, Fire, Water) have so few. D:

Earth < Fire < Water < Ice < Light < Nature < Plague < Lightning < Arcane < Dark < Wind
I made a chart/list thing with the current population numbers. It baffles me how Wind could have so many while all the other 'original' Flights (Earth, Fire, Water) have so few. D:

Earth < Fire < Water < Ice < Light < Nature < Plague < Lightning < Arcane < Dark < Wind
59Ecgft.gif
So many new ice flight members to frolic at the fuzzy feet of the @Icewarden. :)
So many new ice flight members to frolic at the fuzzy feet of the @Icewarden. :)
Fire and Earth got so little love ; ;
Fire and Earth got so little love ; ;
tumblr_o3y21mL18h1uo92ito8_1280.png
Clan Ignatius Tumblr:Click banner above for lore, art, and more
I'm one of the ones still trying to decide on a flight. I'm considering Light, Fire and Arcane because of the eye colors but this (super interesting! thanks OP!) thread made me wonder about flight size. Are there drawbacks to belonging to a small flight? Or to a large one?
I'm one of the ones still trying to decide on a flight. I'm considering Light, Fire and Arcane because of the eye colors but this (super interesting! thanks OP!) thread made me wonder about flight size. Are there drawbacks to belonging to a small flight? Or to a large one?
7yx6kqj.gifwg8Hj9y.gif
fJqLAEc.png
kK8bN49.png
hyodpxf.png
Every time I see Earth's numbers, I get a little sad that I didn't join the Earth Flight. :(

Don't get me wrong; I love being in the Nature Flight, but Earth would've probably been my first choice. But I didn't research properly back then and thought that all dragons from a Flight would look like the dragon in the picture (I had no idea those were the deities) and so I was worried that I'd get bored with "rock" dragons after a while or that I wouldn't really have access to "flying" breeds. (Yeah yeah, I know.)

So I chose Nature (my second choice) instead. I love it dearly though - from our lore to Our Lady Gladekeeper to my fellow Nature clans - but sometimes there's just that twinge of regret. Oh well. Time to find another hatchling for Our Lady... :)

But anyway! Unsurprisingly, Wind remains the largest Flight! My friend, who'd been curious about FR for a while and joined today, is a Wind clan as well, heh. ^^
Every time I see Earth's numbers, I get a little sad that I didn't join the Earth Flight. :(

Don't get me wrong; I love being in the Nature Flight, but Earth would've probably been my first choice. But I didn't research properly back then and thought that all dragons from a Flight would look like the dragon in the picture (I had no idea those were the deities) and so I was worried that I'd get bored with "rock" dragons after a while or that I wouldn't really have access to "flying" breeds. (Yeah yeah, I know.)

So I chose Nature (my second choice) instead. I love it dearly though - from our lore to Our Lady Gladekeeper to my fellow Nature clans - but sometimes there's just that twinge of regret. Oh well. Time to find another hatchling for Our Lady... :)

But anyway! Unsurprisingly, Wind remains the largest Flight! My friend, who'd been curious about FR for a while and joined today, is a Wind clan as well, heh. ^^
fr-banner-children-of-earth.png
@Necare
Flight size only really affects Dominance battles as smaller flight's exaltions count for more (there are other threads that explain exalting as well as a page on the encyclopedia - Flight Dominance) but it's not too much of an advantage.
It may also mean that your flight's forum is a little more or a little less crowded.
Apart from that feel free to go wherever you feel like. Good luck with choosing your flight :3
@Necare
Flight size only really affects Dominance battles as smaller flight's exaltions count for more (there are other threads that explain exalting as well as a page on the encyclopedia - Flight Dominance) but it's not too much of an advantage.
It may also mean that your flight's forum is a little more or a little less crowded.
Apart from that feel free to go wherever you feel like. Good luck with choosing your flight :3
Does anyone have any theories to why Wind flight is so freakin' huge? I mean, seriously. @.@
Does anyone have any theories to why Wind flight is so freakin' huge? I mean, seriously. @.@
Hatchery-Forum-Signature.png
I was a toss up between Earth, Fire, and Light. I loved the eyes of all 3 but finally settled on fire...because well. Fire XD
I was a toss up between Earth, Fire, and Light. I loved the eyes of all 3 but finally settled on fire...because well. Fire XD
I chose Wind cuz I thought it fit my personality best but since there are so many of us I kinda wish I had chosen Fire which was my second choice T.T Oh well
I chose Wind cuz I thought it fit my personality best but since there are so many of us I kinda wish I had chosen Fire which was my second choice T.T Oh well
1 2 3 4 5 6 7