Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, August 2015
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
@Vengrahdiin
It's not really price gouging! Many of the users on this site get a large portion of their (virtual) income from dragon breeding. Since you're new, you're used to low prices, but there was a time when 100k was standard for something with two simple genes. Triples were SUPER HOT and SUPER PRICEY, particularly if they had gem genes. I have dragons I've invested millions in.
People put a lot of money and a lot of work into breeding dragons with these genes, and since the market is currently so slow, selling a dragon with valuable genes for less than 1/2 to 1/3 of gene price is bad business practice! You're trying to get a return on your investment in as few sales as possible, because chances are they're not particularly expeditious. What you consider gouging the older crowd considers a welcome throwback to days gone by and temporary rejuvenation of dragon sales. They fall back down. Sadly. Dear Lightweaver do they fall.
Now if you're talking about people marking up the genes themselves, HO YEAH that's absolutely gouging and unfortunately restocking is the basis of the standard pet-site economy so you kinda can't escape it.

On a totally separate note: looking forward to poison and toxin! I feel like it's going to be a real challenge matching up colors on the dragons. So excited to see what we can do with them.
@Vengrahdiin
It's not really price gouging! Many of the users on this site get a large portion of their (virtual) income from dragon breeding. Since you're new, you're used to low prices, but there was a time when 100k was standard for something with two simple genes. Triples were SUPER HOT and SUPER PRICEY, particularly if they had gem genes. I have dragons I've invested millions in.
People put a lot of money and a lot of work into breeding dragons with these genes, and since the market is currently so slow, selling a dragon with valuable genes for less than 1/2 to 1/3 of gene price is bad business practice! You're trying to get a return on your investment in as few sales as possible, because chances are they're not particularly expeditious. What you consider gouging the older crowd considers a welcome throwback to days gone by and temporary rejuvenation of dragon sales. They fall back down. Sadly. Dear Lightweaver do they fall.
Now if you're talking about people marking up the genes themselves, HO YEAH that's absolutely gouging and unfortunately restocking is the basis of the standard pet-site economy so you kinda can't escape it.

On a totally separate note: looking forward to poison and toxin! I feel like it's going to be a real challenge matching up colors on the dragons. So excited to see what we can do with them.
Currently Interested In: Not Buying Dragons
Wanted:
@Umby You make an excellent point! Game economies are always a confusing (and sometimes contentious) subject for me. I've started breeding dragons to sell, and I'm still largely uninformed regarding the issue of exalting. At some point I'm going to become involved in the dominance battles, but that time is not now lol. I am so looking forward to the poison and toxin genes! I spend an inordinate amount of time scrying, but I love it.
@Umby You make an excellent point! Game economies are always a confusing (and sometimes contentious) subject for me. I've started breeding dragons to sell, and I'm still largely uninformed regarding the issue of exalting. At some point I'm going to become involved in the dominance battles, but that time is not now lol. I am so looking forward to the poison and toxin genes! I spend an inordinate amount of time scrying, but I love it.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
@gaia Heyyy I don't mean to be a push, but it's been awhile, and I still havent recieved the prize money? I'm not trying to be grabby or anything, I'm just hoping I didn't miss anything or I wasn't forgotten? :0 Sorry!
@gaia Heyyy I don't mean to be a push, but it's been awhile, and I still havent recieved the prize money? I'm not trying to be grabby or anything, I'm just hoping I didn't miss anything or I wasn't forgotten? :0 Sorry!
It has the potential to make some stunning dragons, I'd love to give it a shot.
It has the potential to make some stunning dragons, I'd love to give it a shot.
the new genes sounds awesome!
the new genes sounds awesome!
Seafoam_Sidekicks_1.png
@Raptured Please don't worry, I've gotten a PM from one of the other winners that they haven't received it yet either. My advice would be to send a ticket through Contact Us, cause I'm afraid I don't know anything myself! :c Make sure you use the e-mail address with which your account is registered here at Flight Rising! :)
@Raptured Please don't worry, I've gotten a PM from one of the other winners that they haven't received it yet either. My advice would be to send a ticket through Contact Us, cause I'm afraid I don't know anything myself! :c Make sure you use the e-mail address with which your account is registered here at Flight Rising! :)
I know a lot of people are talking about the new genes, but part of the reason I haven't cleared my inbox is because the page basically "errors" every time.

When I go to delete messages and hit yes (though I think no has the same affect), the mini-window goes blank but nothing ever happens.

Since I'm finicky about keeping a clean inbox, it's really bugged me ;u;
I know a lot of people are talking about the new genes, but part of the reason I haven't cleared my inbox is because the page basically "errors" every time.

When I go to delete messages and hit yes (though I think no has the same affect), the mini-window goes blank but nothing ever happens.

Since I'm finicky about keeping a clean inbox, it's really bugged me ;u;
JHqC2gX.png
I do accept it, can't wait for it, actually *-*
I do accept it, can't wait for it, actually *-*
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o2_100.png
HSWqWgZ.pngloimysO.png
4ogWlJU.png
5hF3FGk.png
FE9pJK1.pngszLFrpq.pngeswSnrS.pngPRICTGJ.png
Pretty excited for the new genes, they look amazing!
Pretty excited for the new genes, they look amazing!
MS6xnJoY_o.png
coolllll :D
coolllll :D
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70