Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PSA : Name your dragons before selling
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Isn't naming a player's hatchlings bad names (Sparklebutt, exalt, ugly, memecuisine, whosthere, etc.) and then exalting them considered harrassing that player?
Isn't naming a player's hatchlings bad names (Sparklebutt, exalt, ugly, memecuisine, whosthere, etc.) and then exalting them considered harrassing that player?
no
@MadisonFae From the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=51]FR naming policy[/url]: [quote]The name should not be used to insult or defame the previous owner of a dragon that has been exalted (i.e. "spiteful exalting" or "exalt harassing")[/quote] I don't have any actual expertise in this, but I'm pretty sure that to qualify as harassment under those rules, your dragon naming would have to be (a) way worse than silly stuff like Sparklebutt or Memecuisine, and/or (b) targeted at a particular player for the purpose of insulting them.
@MadisonFae
From the FR naming policy:
Quote:
The name should not be used to insult or defame the previous owner of a dragon that has been exalted (i.e. "spiteful exalting" or "exalt harassing")

I don't have any actual expertise in this, but I'm pretty sure that to qualify as harassment under those rules, your dragon naming would have to be (a) way worse than silly stuff like Sparklebutt or Memecuisine, and/or (b) targeted at a particular player for the purpose of insulting them.
_back_day.png
@Sopheroo, reminding people to name their dragons is not aggressive, someone else did that nicely earlier this week. Deliberately naming dragons with stupid names, however, is.
@Sopheroo, reminding people to name their dragons is not aggressive, someone else did that nicely earlier this week. Deliberately naming dragons with stupid names, however, is.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
@raktajino
Ok, I think it's referring to more serious innapropriate namings than Sparklebutt XD
@raktajino
Ok, I think it's referring to more serious innapropriate namings than Sparklebutt XD
no
[quote name="MadisonFae" date=2015-08-15 10:26:36] Isn't naming a player's hatchlings bad names (Sparklebutt, exalt, ugly, memecuisine, whosthere, etc.) and then exalting them considered harrassing that player? [/quote] Wingwing is in the name generator, so bad names are not against the TaC @lightning [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=46264]that's the lair i was talking about earlier[/url] imo, it's the best lair on site, with a concept I adore. But, the dragons names are not what is seen as traditionally good. Beauty being in the eye of the beholder and all. For me, the comedic effect of this lair is what makes it beautiful.
MadisonFae wrote on 2015-08-15:

Wingwing is in the name generator, so bad names are not against the TaC

@lightning

that's the lair i was talking about earlier

imo, it's the best lair on site, with a concept I adore. But, the dragons names are not what is seen as traditionally good. Beauty being in the eye of the beholder and all. For me, the comedic effect of this lair is what makes it beautiful.
@Sopheroo, that's a lovely lair, I agree; but that's not what I was talking about. Earlier suggestions were to name unnamed hatchlings after bodily functions or to use a set of hatchlings to scold someone for not naming their dragons. That's aggressive.

I have a pair of dragons whose offspring are lyrics too; they're all exalted by me so the names don't change. :)
@Sopheroo, that's a lovely lair, I agree; but that's not what I was talking about. Earlier suggestions were to name unnamed hatchlings after bodily functions or to use a set of hatchlings to scold someone for not naming their dragons. That's aggressive.

I have a pair of dragons whose offspring are lyrics too; they're all exalted by me so the names don't change. :)
177499lightofknowledge2.png
Welllll.....to be fair, whether a name is "stupid" can be subjective from person to person. I've named TONS of hatchlings this week as "UCanDoThisNATURE", "NoGIveUpNature", "SupportNature" --all of which may be stupid depending on your point of view.

Im sure as long as its not against ToS or attacking anyone (ex: "I love Nature!!!!" vs "Booo Light"), its fine.
Welllll.....to be fair, whether a name is "stupid" can be subjective from person to person. I've named TONS of hatchlings this week as "UCanDoThisNATURE", "NoGIveUpNature", "SupportNature" --all of which may be stupid depending on your point of view.

Im sure as long as its not against ToS or attacking anyone (ex: "I love Nature!!!!" vs "Booo Light"), its fine.
o5xt3.gif
Username was previously Xythus
All of my yes to this topic.
All of my yes to this topic.
This is cute bc it takes all of 10 seconds to name a derg lmao

Like right before your exalt, just click name, and "random"

Not even that difficult
This is cute bc it takes all of 10 seconds to name a derg lmao

Like right before your exalt, just click name, and "random"

Not even that difficult
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
|SLEEPYPOET|
Please ping me or I will probably miss your response
@Lightning The problem is that what qualifies as a "good" name varies. I own a dragon named Bananahammock. I think it's an adorable name. Other people might not agree with me. People might name a hatchling something like "PuppyLove" or "NoodleSempai" which they think is cute and done with no ill intention and the owner of the parents finds that extremely offensive.

@SleepyPoet Those seconds count in a close dom battle. If it's so easy, diy.
@Lightning The problem is that what qualifies as a "good" name varies. I own a dragon named Bananahammock. I think it's an adorable name. Other people might not agree with me. People might name a hatchling something like "PuppyLove" or "NoodleSempai" which they think is cute and done with no ill intention and the owner of the parents finds that extremely offensive.

@SleepyPoet Those seconds count in a close dom battle. If it's so easy, diy.
currently on hiatus due to irl stuff.

pm me here or note me on DA (Kittidipity) if you want to contact me, I check in once or twice a week and will get to you as soon as I can
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9