Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PSA : Name your dragons before selling
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@TheArcaneKitsune
Okay but consider this: people aren't JUST buying dergs for fodder rn. I know I like to buy mine unnamed bc I like to name them myself. So I imagine that other users want to name the dragons THEY buy themselves.

*click* *click* *click* *exalt* Ten seconds is honestly an over estimate
@TheArcaneKitsune
Okay but consider this: people aren't JUST buying dergs for fodder rn. I know I like to buy mine unnamed bc I like to name them myself. So I imagine that other users want to name the dragons THEY buy themselves.

*click* *click* *click* *exalt* Ten seconds is honestly an over estimate
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
|SLEEPYPOET|
Please ping me or I will probably miss your response
@SleepyPoet

I name all my exalt dragons pretty names but that's because I have the luxury of time. If there are twenty minutes left in a dom battle and you're clearing out pages of dragons, an extra couple seconds a dragon counts. It sucks to have unnamed dragons on an offspring list but it's really not the buyers fault in the end, since they have no obligation to name the dragon.
@SleepyPoet

I name all my exalt dragons pretty names but that's because I have the luxury of time. If there are twenty minutes left in a dom battle and you're clearing out pages of dragons, an extra couple seconds a dragon counts. It sucks to have unnamed dragons on an offspring list but it's really not the buyers fault in the end, since they have no obligation to name the dragon.
currently on hiatus due to irl stuff.

pm me here or note me on DA (Kittidipity) if you want to contact me, I check in once or twice a week and will get to you as soon as I can
And this is why I'm happy I started naming my fodder sales. The exalters get less of a headache, and I get MUCH MONIES.
And this is why I'm happy I started naming my fodder sales. The exalters get less of a headache, and I get MUCH MONIES.
"Here lies Scout. He rAN and dIEd."
[quote name="Tobias" date=2015-08-14 23:43:44] PSA: I will be purchasing dozens of fodder in these last twenty-four hours and for the next week during the Fire conquest push. Be advised that EVERY unnamed fodder that goes through my lair, it will be given the STUPIDEST name I can think of before it's exalted. That way it won't be exalted unnamed. You are welcome. [/quote] This is purposely naming your dragons with intent to bug people (trying to find the stupidest name for it before you exalt it), which I don't think is allowed from my understanding of the dragon name policy. If I was a dragon breeder with people often veiwing my dragons I wouldn't want "SparkleFart" in the offspring list.
Tobias wrote on 2015-08-14:
PSA: I will be purchasing dozens of fodder in these last twenty-four hours and for the next week during the Fire conquest push. Be advised that EVERY unnamed fodder that goes through my lair, it will be given the STUPIDEST name I can think of before it's exalted. That way it won't be exalted unnamed. You are welcome.

This is purposely naming your dragons with intent to bug people (trying to find the stupidest name for it before you exalt it), which I don't think is allowed from my understanding of the dragon name policy. If I was a dragon breeder with people often veiwing my dragons I wouldn't want "SparkleFart" in the offspring list.
no
@TheArcaneKitsune, your examples are perfectly nice names with which a very few people might take exception. If you look on, I think, the second page of this thread you'll see someone naming hatchlings names which many people would find offensive. Names they deliberately choose to be as stupid as possible.
@TheArcaneKitsune, your examples are perfectly nice names with which a very few people might take exception. If you look on, I think, the second page of this thread you'll see someone naming hatchlings names which many people would find offensive. Names they deliberately choose to be as stupid as possible.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
I've sold ten dragons to homes (not as fodder) in the last three days and all of them had names - so naming your dragons definitely does not hurt your sales. People will buy scrolls of renaming if they so desire. :3
I've sold ten dragons to homes (not as fodder) in the last three days and all of them had names - so naming your dragons definitely does not hurt your sales. People will buy scrolls of renaming if they so desire. :3
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
@TheArcaneKitsune
I'd say it takes 5 seconds to name a dragon. And if everyone does it, then everyone is wasting the same time. Just seeing "Unnamed" in an offspring list makes it look like whoever bought my dragon doesn't care about them, and I want them to be cared about. Sorry I'm somewhat emotionally invested in this game
@TheArcaneKitsune
I'd say it takes 5 seconds to name a dragon. And if everyone does it, then everyone is wasting the same time. Just seeing "Unnamed" in an offspring list makes it look like whoever bought my dragon doesn't care about them, and I want them to be cared about. Sorry I'm somewhat emotionally invested in this game
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
|SLEEPYPOET|
Please ping me or I will probably miss your response
[quote name="squidragon" date=2015-08-15 11:32:46] I've sold ten dragons to homes (not as fodder) in the last three days and all of them had names - so naming your dragons definitely does not hurt your sales. People will buy scrolls of renaming if they so desire. :3 [/quote] ^^^^^^
squidragon wrote on 2015-08-15:

^^^^^^
aaaaaaa 2iRFIjf.png
IpfqSZl.png
C6uVV3r.png rcPCtfe.png
qZrjH79.png
Decided to actually read through the thread...
Quote:
WhydidntYou
CareEnough
ToNameMe

I'm okay with the dumbest of dumb names, but this seems like it would specifically target an individual (if they were all from the same player). I'm betting this one might actually get someone in trouble for harassment :/ (minor trouble I'm sure, but still it seems kind of unkind).

But, yeah, somebody once renamed one of the dragons I sold "Homework" and exalted it and I laughed about it for days. Good game, whoever you were.
Decided to actually read through the thread...
Quote:
WhydidntYou
CareEnough
ToNameMe

I'm okay with the dumbest of dumb names, but this seems like it would specifically target an individual (if they were all from the same player). I'm betting this one might actually get someone in trouble for harassment :/ (minor trouble I'm sure, but still it seems kind of unkind).

But, yeah, somebody once renamed one of the dragons I sold "Homework" and exalted it and I laughed about it for days. Good game, whoever you were.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
Yeha you know what, I'll be exalting dragons now in my own draconic language, so people will end up with dragons named:
SoajinNaktur, VenephyxTao, BarvinOrajum, KamofusKuju.

Thank you for this brilliant Idea, now I shall spread my language.

But I would eriously DROP the naming siblings thing, its rather..targetting and might fit exalt harrasment quotas.
Yeha you know what, I'll be exalting dragons now in my own draconic language, so people will end up with dragons named:
SoajinNaktur, VenephyxTao, BarvinOrajum, KamofusKuju.

Thank you for this brilliant Idea, now I shall spread my language.

But I would eriously DROP the naming siblings thing, its rather..targetting and might fit exalt harrasment quotas.
EOrlrwo.gif x0CMhAc.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9