Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PSA : Name your dragons before selling
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
For real, if you don't want me to name it Kenmore, Frigidaire, or PieOMy, pls name if before selling.
For real, if you don't want me to name it Kenmore, Frigidaire, or PieOMy, pls name if before selling.
PJb908Z.png
[quote name="jarethbowie" date=2015-08-15 00:45:24] For real, if you don't want me to name it Kenmore, Frigidaire, or PieOMy, pls name if before selling. [/quote] Kenmore and Frigidaire are such perfect names for ice dragons, though
jarethbowie wrote on 2015-08-15:

Kenmore and Frigidaire are such perfect names for ice dragons, though
Mhmm. I did name the dragons, but it was very few.

SparkleFart is my favorite.
Mhmm. I did name the dragons, but it was very few.

SparkleFart is my favorite.
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
I always try to at least click random when I'm rushing hatchies. This lead to a pearlcatcher being named Crabcake in Ice v Shadow in March. Make Icedad proud, Crabcake. We won't forget you.
I always try to at least click random when I'm rushing hatchies. This lead to a pearlcatcher being named Crabcake in Ice v Shadow in March. Make Icedad proud, Crabcake. We won't forget you.
CgtyAYW.png
He/they, FR +2
[quote name="Tobias" date=2015-08-14 23:43:44] PSA: I will be purchasing dozens of fodder in these last twenty-four hours and for the next week during the Fire conquest push. Be advised that EVERY unnamed fodder that goes through my lair, it will be given the STUPIDEST name I can think of before it's exalted. That way it won't be exalted unnamed. You are welcome. [/quote]
Tobias wrote on 2015-08-14:
PSA: I will be purchasing dozens of fodder in these last twenty-four hours and for the next week during the Fire conquest push. Be advised that EVERY unnamed fodder that goes through my lair, it will be given the STUPIDEST name I can think of before it's exalted. That way it won't be exalted unnamed. You are welcome.
unika___corgi_by_coloradoblues-dcj6rnj.png
FR +9
Wishlist

I keep trying to escape this town,
And I just might, I'll take flight
Maybe tomorrow, not tonight.
Also, please note that not everyone name their dragons even if they keep them. If you don't name your dragon before selling you may well be stuck with a happy Unnamed well-fed dressed and bred dragon in your offspring, which will be Unnamed forever. And trying to force the new owner to name it will be considered a harrassment and most likely reported. :3

(Honestly, the solution is so simple and obvious, yet people keep blaming others for their own laziness and greed. Fascinating.)
Also, please note that not everyone name their dragons even if they keep them. If you don't name your dragon before selling you may well be stuck with a happy Unnamed well-fed dressed and bred dragon in your offspring, which will be Unnamed forever. And trying to force the new owner to name it will be considered a harrassment and most likely reported. :3

(Honestly, the solution is so simple and obvious, yet people keep blaming others for their own laziness and greed. Fascinating.)
Agreed. Name your dragons! When I'm buying fodder, either I'm going to train it before exalting it, in which case prenamed dragons are great because they save me hassle, or I'm going to exalt as many hatchlings as I can as fast as I can, in which case prenamed dragons save me lots of time (three clicks per dragon to randomize a name adds up). In any case, when I'm buying fodder, I will always go for a prenamed dragon over an unnamed one.

Even when there's not a big dom battle happening, multiple polls have shown that the majority of users have no problem buying named dragons, so that whole "but my dragons sell better when they're unnamed!" argument is invalid.
Agreed. Name your dragons! When I'm buying fodder, either I'm going to train it before exalting it, in which case prenamed dragons are great because they save me hassle, or I'm going to exalt as many hatchlings as I can as fast as I can, in which case prenamed dragons save me lots of time (three clicks per dragon to randomize a name adds up). In any case, when I'm buying fodder, I will always go for a prenamed dragon over an unnamed one.

Even when there's not a big dom battle happening, multiple polls have shown that the majority of users have no problem buying named dragons, so that whole "but my dragons sell better when they're unnamed!" argument is invalid.
Dom battle or not, your offspring list are never the responsibility of other users.
Dom battle or not, your offspring list are never the responsibility of other users.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
Update: I'm starting to run out of immature names to give unnamed fodder, although the last one named "FartNoises" has had me giggling on and off for twenty minutes. (I am a twenty-three year old man. I am an adult. I am an adult.)

Suggest ridiculously stupid names for me to give unnamed fodder.
Update: I'm starting to run out of immature names to give unnamed fodder, although the last one named "FartNoises" has had me giggling on and off for twenty minutes. (I am a twenty-three year old man. I am an adult. I am an adult.)

Suggest ridiculously stupid names for me to give unnamed fodder.
Do knock-knock jokes across multiple dragons

KnockKnock
WhosThere
Do knock-knock jokes across multiple dragons

KnockKnock
WhosThere
tumblr_ohqcwjmB651uz5kfbo1_500.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9