Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Alcohol?
1 2 3 4 5
I'm 22 and don't drink out of preference. Not a conservative by any stretch, but I have some strong opinions on it. I view it as an extremely regressive thing to do. If someone can't enjoy themselves without being intoxicated then that says a lot about that person, and it's most likely not good. The people I went to school with were very much comfortable middle class, my-dad-owns-a-dealership-esque with a strong party culture. It was something I hated.

I'm 22 and don't drink out of preference. Not a conservative by any stretch, but I have some strong opinions on it. I view it as an extremely regressive thing to do. If someone can't enjoy themselves without being intoxicated then that says a lot about that person, and it's most likely not good. The people I went to school with were very much comfortable middle class, my-dad-owns-a-dealership-esque with a strong party culture. It was something I hated.

V8GfXRi.jpg
I'm 25, living in the US, and I never started drinking. Alcoholic drinks taste disgusting, and drunk people just really annoy me. I'm not the partying type; I don't like being around lots of noise or lots of people. I'd rather just stay home with my husband and play video games.

As others have said, the legal age to start drinking here is 21, but most people who drink start at a much younger age.
I'm 25, living in the US, and I never started drinking. Alcoholic drinks taste disgusting, and drunk people just really annoy me. I'm not the partying type; I don't like being around lots of noise or lots of people. I'd rather just stay home with my husband and play video games.

As others have said, the legal age to start drinking here is 21, but most people who drink start at a much younger age.
tumblr_inline_n6kd7qPuvI1qlye38.gif
@Annekin
I'm from the states, specifically Tennessee and you can't drink legally until you're 21 aside from religious services (small sips of wine usually).
I personally took sips of alcohol around 16/17 without my parents knowing. I was trying schnapps and vodka and rum.
My first real full drink was a couple weeks a go (I'm 18) and it was a mango-rita. I took it from the fridge and drank it all pff. I got a little tipsy. My parents are very strict about it. I would get in trouble. My boyfriends parents have the "if you're over 18, you can do what you want just don't get in trouble" rule, but we still get concerned about being scolded so we sneak it.
A lot of my friends drank around 14+ but I know some who were 12+. Most everybody in my high school had tried some at some point lmao.
@Annekin
I'm from the states, specifically Tennessee and you can't drink legally until you're 21 aside from religious services (small sips of wine usually).
I personally took sips of alcohol around 16/17 without my parents knowing. I was trying schnapps and vodka and rum.
My first real full drink was a couple weeks a go (I'm 18) and it was a mango-rita. I took it from the fridge and drank it all pff. I got a little tipsy. My parents are very strict about it. I would get in trouble. My boyfriends parents have the "if you're over 18, you can do what you want just don't get in trouble" rule, but we still get concerned about being scolded so we sneak it.
A lot of my friends drank around 14+ but I know some who were 12+. Most everybody in my high school had tried some at some point lmao.
Yeah, another US citizen here. My parents would let my brother and I try wine on holidays. Didn't care for the taste at the time.

Later on, joined the Air Force, ended up in Germany at 19 and really started to experiment with alcohol. Basically, I was trying to find something that I liked. That said, I'd get alcohol once in a while.

When I came back, I was 21 and legal. While I did drink a bit more in the Air Force, it wasn't much more than how I do so now. I like to have reason for it for the most part.

I know that over in Ontario the age is 19 and knew of people that would go over the border just to drink legally.

I'd also like to point out some states allow supervised drinking. Basically, if your parent offers it and you're at their house, it's okay.

http://drinkingage.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=002591
Yeah, another US citizen here. My parents would let my brother and I try wine on holidays. Didn't care for the taste at the time.

Later on, joined the Air Force, ended up in Germany at 19 and really started to experiment with alcohol. Basically, I was trying to find something that I liked. That said, I'd get alcohol once in a while.

When I came back, I was 21 and legal. While I did drink a bit more in the Air Force, it wasn't much more than how I do so now. I like to have reason for it for the most part.

I know that over in Ontario the age is 19 and knew of people that would go over the border just to drink legally.

I'd also like to point out some states allow supervised drinking. Basically, if your parent offers it and you're at their house, it's okay.

http://drinkingage.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=002591
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
@Annekin

I live in Arizona...

I like alcohol, but I would never ever touch it unless I was miles away from any car and absolutely devoid of my keys.

I didnt drink until I was 24. I just didnt have a reason to. Nobody around me drank, and I couldnt risk anything because I drive.

Here in arizona, your whole entire life can end if a cop sees you near your car with keys and you're drunk. You will go directly to prison and your car will be taken away and you will have to pay about $5,000 + $2000 for a breathylizer starter, and your insurance goes up the roof.

I'm too terrified to drink because a lot of what I do involves driving.. and if I do drink, I wait 24hrs before I can drive. I just cant risk it.

Also I am terrified of teenagers. I will absolutely not be around them irl or even go near them. If one hits on you it's over.

There was a guy who was lured in by a girl who said she was 18. She was actually 14. and the judge sentenced him to the sex offender list.. where.. he cant live near any place of gathering, he isnt allowed to really register for anything, leave the country, etc. and the girl even testified that she lied. she got off scott free because underage.

I check ID's with the people I date.
@Annekin

I live in Arizona...

I like alcohol, but I would never ever touch it unless I was miles away from any car and absolutely devoid of my keys.

I didnt drink until I was 24. I just didnt have a reason to. Nobody around me drank, and I couldnt risk anything because I drive.

Here in arizona, your whole entire life can end if a cop sees you near your car with keys and you're drunk. You will go directly to prison and your car will be taken away and you will have to pay about $5,000 + $2000 for a breathylizer starter, and your insurance goes up the roof.

I'm too terrified to drink because a lot of what I do involves driving.. and if I do drink, I wait 24hrs before I can drive. I just cant risk it.

Also I am terrified of teenagers. I will absolutely not be around them irl or even go near them. If one hits on you it's over.

There was a guy who was lured in by a girl who said she was 18. She was actually 14. and the judge sentenced him to the sex offender list.. where.. he cant live near any place of gathering, he isnt allowed to really register for anything, leave the country, etc. and the girl even testified that she lied. she got off scott free because underage.

I check ID's with the people I date.
maekbabby.pngskinz.pngartbutton.giftumblrbutton.jpgdimensionriders2.png
In Canada, some provinces have different drinking ages but I know for sure that it's 18 in Alberta. But that doesn't stop some from sneaking into bars here, if your underage and found drunk by the police you get put into the drunk tank until someone comes and picks you up.

I have never drank Alcohol and don't plan on to, I just know this from what my parents and some stories the officers (whenever they came and did presentations on why drinking underage is bad) have told me.
In Canada, some provinces have different drinking ages but I know for sure that it's 18 in Alberta. But that doesn't stop some from sneaking into bars here, if your underage and found drunk by the police you get put into the drunk tank until someone comes and picks you up.

I have never drank Alcohol and don't plan on to, I just know this from what my parents and some stories the officers (whenever they came and did presentations on why drinking underage is bad) have told me.
Australian here hello
18 is the legal age for drinking/buying alcohol BUT underage drinking is legal so long as it is on a private property with parental permission. I didn't start drinking until I was 17 because I was a bit of a square
A lot of people start heaps earlier, but then I know some people who haven't started, it depends on your social group etc
As for relationships, 16 is the legal age of consent but until you turn 18 they can't be more than 2 years older than you, so as to prevent predatory behavior.
Australian here hello
18 is the legal age for drinking/buying alcohol BUT underage drinking is legal so long as it is on a private property with parental permission. I didn't start drinking until I was 17 because I was a bit of a square
A lot of people start heaps earlier, but then I know some people who haven't started, it depends on your social group etc
As for relationships, 16 is the legal age of consent but until you turn 18 they can't be more than 2 years older than you, so as to prevent predatory behavior.
edf798ca937fac49e30f192b32dd1f8300063ecf.png
We're legal at 18 in Australia, and that was when I started. I don't drink much, but I like a beer every now and then :)
We're legal at 18 in Australia, and that was when I started. I don't drink much, but I like a beer every now and then :)
33y2ic9.jpg
In america, your not legal to drink alcohol at early age, but you can drink at 19 or older.
In america, your not legal to drink alcohol at early age, but you can drink at 19 or older.
Proud To Be A Member Of Flightrising!

A7T8e-k5AyeYeURf.png
Being in America is 21, but I grew up in a VERY French family. I remember being given my first drink at the age of 4 or 5, and it seemed normal to me, but I wasn't supposed to ever tell people that when I was younger. :x

But growing up with it available at such a young age? The interest has been COMPLETELY lost on me. I could now care less if it has alcohol in it, as long as it tastes good. =\
Being in America is 21, but I grew up in a VERY French family. I remember being given my first drink at the age of 4 or 5, and it seemed normal to me, but I wasn't supposed to ever tell people that when I was younger. :x

But growing up with it available at such a young age? The interest has been COMPLETELY lost on me. I could now care less if it has alcohol in it, as long as it tastes good. =\
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
1 2 3 4 5