Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | [T]Skin and Accent Problems
1 2 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 1132 1133
@suburbansamurai I was wondering how accent coverage is calculated, since I recently found an accent that has 44% coverage (normal accent, not a holiday accent) - if covering pixel is a pixel that is over 0% opaque (alpha > 0/255).

The accent mentioned would fall precisely in the 30% coverage if the opacity treshold was 31% (alpha > 105/255).

So what is the exact rule for the accent coverage calculation and to what is it compared to? Can I for example take a random dragon from Scrying Workshop and the accent coverage is ex. "all pixels 30% or more opaque than in the reference dragon"?

I'm just wondering since I just made a skincent which I'm about to submit as a skin, but it could be an accent if the rules about transparency aren't so strict I thought they were.
@suburbansamurai I was wondering how accent coverage is calculated, since I recently found an accent that has 44% coverage (normal accent, not a holiday accent) - if covering pixel is a pixel that is over 0% opaque (alpha > 0/255).

The accent mentioned would fall precisely in the 30% coverage if the opacity treshold was 31% (alpha > 105/255).

So what is the exact rule for the accent coverage calculation and to what is it compared to? Can I for example take a random dragon from Scrying Workshop and the accent coverage is ex. "all pixels 30% or more opaque than in the reference dragon"?

I'm just wondering since I just made a skincent which I'm about to submit as a skin, but it could be an accent if the rules about transparency aren't so strict I thought they were.
@suburbansamurai @madsniper

Sorry to bother you but I'm a little shocked because my order was denied saying

"The use of clip art, photos, and brushes not created by the artist are prohibited. If the images and patterns used in this design were created by you, please resubmit and the design will be evaluated with that in mind. If these images and patterns are not your own work, please do not resubmit."

Is there any reason for this?? I painted all of this myself without using any clipart or whatever, the same as all of my other art D:

I really feel kind of hurt, I even uploaded a WIP of the design a couple of days ago in my accent thread (at the bottom of this page) before finishing it, and I could send you the sai files or some progress shots if you'd like..

I would really like to know if it's okay if I just submit it again or of it will be denied, because I have a lot of people waiting for this accent and I can't just abandon it. :(

My submission number was #17721 btw

( I also submitted a Royal version with the number #17731 but I'm guessing that will be denied as well ? )
@suburbansamurai @madsniper

Sorry to bother you but I'm a little shocked because my order was denied saying

"The use of clip art, photos, and brushes not created by the artist are prohibited. If the images and patterns used in this design were created by you, please resubmit and the design will be evaluated with that in mind. If these images and patterns are not your own work, please do not resubmit."

Is there any reason for this?? I painted all of this myself without using any clipart or whatever, the same as all of my other art D:

I really feel kind of hurt, I even uploaded a WIP of the design a couple of days ago in my accent thread (at the bottom of this page) before finishing it, and I could send you the sai files or some progress shots if you'd like..

I would really like to know if it's okay if I just submit it again or of it will be denied, because I have a lot of people waiting for this accent and I can't just abandon it. :(

My submission number was #17721 btw

( I also submitted a Royal version with the number #17731 but I'm guessing that will be denied as well ? )
djwsSDd.png
@Laika923 You've solved one of the site's on going mysteries! Laika, you've made my day!

@BunnyKei Thank you.

@Kleinu Fixed.

@aapa That was probably an older accent before we had figured out a more accurate way to measure coverage. The site admins decided not to retroactively change older accents that had gone over 30% from that period to skins. Currently we calculate coverage using the method described here.

@Akihiko We've received quite a few reports of users submitting modified clipart. It's very hard to police since there is a lot of clip art out there, and google searches can only help so much. Also, some users who are doing this may just not be aware it's against the rules. The site admins request that anything that remotely resembles clip art (especially repeating floral or geometric patterns) receive a warning notice. If it is not clip art, resubmit your design and it will be assumed as original art.
@Laika923 You've solved one of the site's on going mysteries! Laika, you've made my day!

@BunnyKei Thank you.

@Kleinu Fixed.

@aapa That was probably an older accent before we had figured out a more accurate way to measure coverage. The site admins decided not to retroactively change older accents that had gone over 30% from that period to skins. Currently we calculate coverage using the method described here.

@Akihiko We've received quite a few reports of users submitting modified clipart. It's very hard to police since there is a lot of clip art out there, and google searches can only help so much. Also, some users who are doing this may just not be aware it's against the rules. The site admins request that anything that remotely resembles clip art (especially repeating floral or geometric patterns) receive a warning notice. If it is not clip art, resubmit your design and it will be assumed as original art.
@SuburbanSamurai Okay, thank you for the fast reply!
I just submitted both runs again and hope I won't run into any more problems :)
@SuburbanSamurai Okay, thank you for the fast reply!
I just submitted both runs again and hope I won't run into any more problems :)
djwsSDd.png
@SuburbanSamurai I had an accent which is entirely my own work denied for the same reason as Akihiko. Given that I draw a lot of flowery accents & ones with patterns, should I expect to have to submit those future accents twice just to confirm that my work is my own (& my accents are all always my own work so this feels frankly kind of frustrating)? Since I'm thinking of offering copies to others, I'd like to be able to warn people of the potential extra wait time for prints. :/
@SuburbanSamurai I had an accent which is entirely my own work denied for the same reason as Akihiko. Given that I draw a lot of flowery accents & ones with patterns, should I expect to have to submit those future accents twice just to confirm that my work is my own (& my accents are all always my own work so this feels frankly kind of frustrating)? Since I'm thinking of offering copies to others, I'd like to be able to warn people of the potential extra wait time for prints. :/
lightning_banner.png
@SuburbanSamurai I submitted an accent today (#17802) but I'm concerned about the way it saved? I use FireAlpaca and when saving as a png file it only gave me the options of transparent OR 24-bit, but not both. I chose transparent but now I'm not sure if that's going to be a problem or not? Any chance you could tell me if that's going to get the accent rejected, and if so is there a way to fix it other than downloading a different program?

They came through fine!
@SuburbanSamurai I submitted an accent today (#17802) but I'm concerned about the way it saved? I use FireAlpaca and when saving as a png file it only gave me the options of transparent OR 24-bit, but not both. I chose transparent but now I'm not sure if that's going to be a problem or not? Any chance you could tell me if that's going to get the accent rejected, and if so is there a way to fix it other than downloading a different program?

They came through fine!
ShLp8ga.png
[quote name="SuburbanSamurai" date=2015-07-23 09:52:09] @aapa That was probably an older accent before we had figured out a more accurate way to measure coverage. The site admins decided not to retroactively change older accents that had gone over 30% from that period to skins. Currently we calculate coverage using the method described here. [/quote] @SuburbanSamurai Or not, since it certainly falls under 30% with the method you linked. I seemingly thought the rules about coverage were a lot more conservative than they actually were. Thanks for clarification! :)
SuburbanSamurai wrote on 2015-07-23:

@SuburbanSamurai Or not, since it certainly falls under 30% with the method you linked. I seemingly thought the rules about coverage were a lot more conservative than they actually were. Thanks for clarification! :)
@suburbansamurai mind if I be a bother one more time?
Just this one, I sent it in amidst the apostrophe trouble, but now it's fixed would you be able to punctuate it for me?

Should be: Jadrian's Gift

Thank you so much! <3
@suburbansamurai mind if I be a bother one more time?
Just this one, I sent it in amidst the apostrophe trouble, but now it's fixed would you be able to punctuate it for me?

Should be: Jadrian's Gift

Thank you so much! <3
14c75055bcb9cc67c8a94a46926ff636.gif57b6a078ae70f8cb63a2da784d24b17c.png
@Melodist PNG"24" with transparency is really PNG32, so it should be ok. Maybe it should be mentioned in the tutorial? (ping @SuburbanSamurai) From [u][url]http://blog.deepbluesky.com/blog/-/the-difference-between-png24-and-png32_49[/url][/u]: [quote]If you regualrly use Photoshop then you'll know that "Save for Web" only offers PNG8 or PNG24 file types in the drop down. As I'm sure most of you know all you do is tick the "transparency" box in "Save for Web" and you get a alpha transparent PNG. But really what this is doing is creating a PNG32 graphic - Photoshop just decides to hide this from you. Strange...[/quote] From [u][url]http://stackoverflow.com/a/1930450[/url][/u]: [quote]24 bit + alpha is actually 32 bits per pixel. Meaning you have the Red, Green, Blue and Alpha channels, each being 8 bit, allowing for 256 shades per channel translating to 256 x 256 x 256 x 256 possible colour combinations. That's what the "millions of colours" and "billions of colours" mean in certain graphics and video software.[/quote]
@Melodist PNG"24" with transparency is really PNG32, so it should be ok. Maybe it should be mentioned in the tutorial? (ping @SuburbanSamurai)

From http://blog.deepbluesky.com/blog/-/the-difference-between-png24-and-png32_49:

Quote:
If you regualrly use Photoshop then you'll know that "Save for Web" only offers PNG8 or PNG24 file types in the drop down.

As I'm sure most of you know all you do is tick the "transparency" box in "Save for Web" and you get a alpha transparent PNG. But really what this is doing is creating a PNG32 graphic - Photoshop just decides to hide this from you. Strange...

From http://stackoverflow.com/a/1930450:

Quote:
24 bit + alpha is actually 32 bits per pixel. Meaning you have the Red, Green, Blue and Alpha channels, each being 8 bit, allowing for 256 shades per channel translating to 256 x 256 x 256 x 256 possible colour combinations. That's what the "millions of colours" and "billions of colours" mean in certain graphics and video software.
@aapa Thanks! The accents came through yesterday and they look fine! I haven't had a chance to amend my post but I'll do that now!
@aapa Thanks! The accents came through yesterday and they look fine! I haven't had a chance to amend my post but I'll do that now!
ShLp8ga.png
1 2 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 1132 1133