Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Sug.] Fayd's Exaltation Overhaul
1 2 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 126 127
This is absolutely everything I never knew this game was missing. I'm honestly blown away by the thought put into this, and I would adore for something like this to be implemented.

@Fayd
Some similar ideas -

1) With the flight or site-wide "donate/exalt X amount" challenge. I play/played an MMO called Vindictus, and every couple of months they'd have a week-long event where every night from 9 PM - 12 PM there would be raid goals for the server. If the server killed X raid boss 100 times, the entire server would be given a special chest that had the chance of containing rare and valuable items, as well as more common but useful items. Usually there would be 3-6 of these challenges in the 9-12 time period, varying from day to day. It gave players incentive to fight or at least be online, and the chat boxes went crazy - it seriously brought the community together. Watching the tallies of raid boss kills go up and the excitement of barely completing the challenge before 12 (or not) really kept me on the game.

That said - it would be neat to have similar challenges (in the Coliseum, with exalts, item donations, etc) be presented in that manner. On predetermined days (or surprise times), a deity/deities would have a request that the users would have to fulfill. If we succeeded within the time limit, users who helped would be rewarded with a chest or openable item with a chance to get something nice. Maybe it'd contain food or a trinket, or maybe it'd have one of the items you proposed for Boon and Grace. Not sure if it'd be a good choice to include a punishment for failing the challenge, though. In any case, it'd be neat to have users joining together and rushing to complete the challenge.

Having all of the "complete this goal" challenges be timed would easily become more of a chore than a challenge, so having them as emergency situations would add to their importance and enjoyment.

2) Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but maybe the Eminence aspect could be level-oriented like Baldwin's Brew? It would allow the coders time to choose and make the new items that you've suggested.

3) Another neat attainable item would be a permanent +1 to a particular battle stone (like weapon enhancing in MMOs). Battle stones with this +1 (or +2, +3, up to +N maximum) would be more powerful than normal, unenhanced battle stones. "Regenerate +3" would heal much more health than normal regenerate, or "Eliminate +1" would deal extra damage. Due to its value it would have to be very rare, but it would drive users to exalt more dragons for a chance to get it. Overall it could give the Coliseum-weary players an extra layer of challenge, because currently you're done once you have a level 25 Culex glass cannon. The quest for an "endgame" dragon, due to the rarity of the +1 Scrolls, would take a lot of time and effort and could rekindle interest in the Coli.
This is absolutely everything I never knew this game was missing. I'm honestly blown away by the thought put into this, and I would adore for something like this to be implemented.

@Fayd
Some similar ideas -

1) With the flight or site-wide "donate/exalt X amount" challenge. I play/played an MMO called Vindictus, and every couple of months they'd have a week-long event where every night from 9 PM - 12 PM there would be raid goals for the server. If the server killed X raid boss 100 times, the entire server would be given a special chest that had the chance of containing rare and valuable items, as well as more common but useful items. Usually there would be 3-6 of these challenges in the 9-12 time period, varying from day to day. It gave players incentive to fight or at least be online, and the chat boxes went crazy - it seriously brought the community together. Watching the tallies of raid boss kills go up and the excitement of barely completing the challenge before 12 (or not) really kept me on the game.

That said - it would be neat to have similar challenges (in the Coliseum, with exalts, item donations, etc) be presented in that manner. On predetermined days (or surprise times), a deity/deities would have a request that the users would have to fulfill. If we succeeded within the time limit, users who helped would be rewarded with a chest or openable item with a chance to get something nice. Maybe it'd contain food or a trinket, or maybe it'd have one of the items you proposed for Boon and Grace. Not sure if it'd be a good choice to include a punishment for failing the challenge, though. In any case, it'd be neat to have users joining together and rushing to complete the challenge.

Having all of the "complete this goal" challenges be timed would easily become more of a chore than a challenge, so having them as emergency situations would add to their importance and enjoyment.

2) Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but maybe the Eminence aspect could be level-oriented like Baldwin's Brew? It would allow the coders time to choose and make the new items that you've suggested.

3) Another neat attainable item would be a permanent +1 to a particular battle stone (like weapon enhancing in MMOs). Battle stones with this +1 (or +2, +3, up to +N maximum) would be more powerful than normal, unenhanced battle stones. "Regenerate +3" would heal much more health than normal regenerate, or "Eliminate +1" would deal extra damage. Due to its value it would have to be very rare, but it would drive users to exalt more dragons for a chance to get it. Overall it could give the Coliseum-weary players an extra layer of challenge, because currently you're done once you have a level 25 Culex glass cannon. The quest for an "endgame" dragon, due to the rarity of the +1 Scrolls, would take a lot of time and effort and could rekindle interest in the Coli.
wLNPkA3.png
This has my full support. I hope this or something like this gets implemented into the game.
This has my full support. I hope this or something like this gets implemented into the game.
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
FbBE7dN.png
bYt72YT.png
y2UYCzJ.png
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
Ap2AjBP.gif
o090-d01-Sinornis.pngo090-d02-Sinornis.pngo090-d03-Sinornis.pngo090-d04-Sinornis.pngo090-d05-Sinornis.png
I approve of the idea of the Hall of Heroes- it would give us a way to show off the dragons we've exalted if that is important to us, whether it's their beauty or their BEAUTIFUL names or just the sheer quantities of exaltees, it gives people interested in exalting something to brag about.

I like the idea of Sacrements and Boons, but I think you've over-complicated the idea. It could be much simpler if it were something like Pinkerton- perhaps every week you can go to the Temple to pray, and get a Boon(what you can get depends on the number of dragons you exalted that week) and a Sacrement(depending on the number of dragons exalted overall).

You mentioned one of the exaltees could be a 'messenger' to bring your goodies- that could function similarly to the 'Random Dragon' segment on the homepage, and pull a random dragon from all you've exalted to deliver the package.

I LOVE your ideas for Boons, especially the chance of gene scrolls. You could consider having them not only specific to element, but perhaps also one very rare one that is specific to the Temple, rarer, but that all elements can access. You could have entire gene sets unique to the Temple.
To make the genes more desirable, they could have a very rare chance of breeding, even with gem genes.
They could even have a slightly higher chance of appearing in hatchlings of the element they come from, so a Plague dragon with an Ice gene could be rarer. This of course would make Plague hatchlings with Ice genes more valuable.
Since these genes be harder to get through breeding, more people would be prompted to get it through the Temple. I've noticed that, within a few months of being released, pretty much any gene loses its value very quickly, and if you want a dragon of that gene it's easier to buy one at exalt prices than spend much more money on a scroll. If a gene like this was super-super-rare in breeding, it wouldn't lose its value as much or as quickly.

Also consider the idea of super-rare breeds only accessible through the Temple! Each element could have their own, and maybe a twelfth that is more difficult to get but accessible to all. And, like I suggested with genes, it could be very difficult to breed, with a rare chance of appearing, making them that much more valuable.

It's also an idea to make Boons come in a specific kind of chest, like a Temple Cache or something like that. If you did this, it would be like any chest, where all have an equal chance of dropping items- some rarer than others- and the amount of Grace and Eminence you have doesn't determine what kind of Boons you get, but the number of chests. This could potentially create a market for these chests- so people who don't care about Boons, but do care about Treasure, are still prompted to exalt.

Also, ideas for the Familiar Cage and Armoire- They could give you a random familiar or apparel item, but perhaps the familiar and apparel can only be gotten through the Cage or Armoire.

I LOVE the ideas for Mutations!!!

I dunno, just throwing ideas out here c: I love all the work you've done, @Fayd, and I'm not suggesting changing it(though maybe make it a bit less complicated?), just giving a few ideas away.

Let all the world know that I SUPPORT THIS 100%.
I approve of the idea of the Hall of Heroes- it would give us a way to show off the dragons we've exalted if that is important to us, whether it's their beauty or their BEAUTIFUL names or just the sheer quantities of exaltees, it gives people interested in exalting something to brag about.

I like the idea of Sacrements and Boons, but I think you've over-complicated the idea. It could be much simpler if it were something like Pinkerton- perhaps every week you can go to the Temple to pray, and get a Boon(what you can get depends on the number of dragons you exalted that week) and a Sacrement(depending on the number of dragons exalted overall).

You mentioned one of the exaltees could be a 'messenger' to bring your goodies- that could function similarly to the 'Random Dragon' segment on the homepage, and pull a random dragon from all you've exalted to deliver the package.

I LOVE your ideas for Boons, especially the chance of gene scrolls. You could consider having them not only specific to element, but perhaps also one very rare one that is specific to the Temple, rarer, but that all elements can access. You could have entire gene sets unique to the Temple.
To make the genes more desirable, they could have a very rare chance of breeding, even with gem genes.
They could even have a slightly higher chance of appearing in hatchlings of the element they come from, so a Plague dragon with an Ice gene could be rarer. This of course would make Plague hatchlings with Ice genes more valuable.
Since these genes be harder to get through breeding, more people would be prompted to get it through the Temple. I've noticed that, within a few months of being released, pretty much any gene loses its value very quickly, and if you want a dragon of that gene it's easier to buy one at exalt prices than spend much more money on a scroll. If a gene like this was super-super-rare in breeding, it wouldn't lose its value as much or as quickly.

Also consider the idea of super-rare breeds only accessible through the Temple! Each element could have their own, and maybe a twelfth that is more difficult to get but accessible to all. And, like I suggested with genes, it could be very difficult to breed, with a rare chance of appearing, making them that much more valuable.

It's also an idea to make Boons come in a specific kind of chest, like a Temple Cache or something like that. If you did this, it would be like any chest, where all have an equal chance of dropping items- some rarer than others- and the amount of Grace and Eminence you have doesn't determine what kind of Boons you get, but the number of chests. This could potentially create a market for these chests- so people who don't care about Boons, but do care about Treasure, are still prompted to exalt.

Also, ideas for the Familiar Cage and Armoire- They could give you a random familiar or apparel item, but perhaps the familiar and apparel can only be gotten through the Cage or Armoire.

I LOVE the ideas for Mutations!!!

I dunno, just throwing ideas out here c: I love all the work you've done, @Fayd, and I'm not suggesting changing it(though maybe make it a bit less complicated?), just giving a few ideas away.

Let all the world know that I SUPPORT THIS 100%.
Absolutely support. Bridge that gap between throwing them into the void and accessing the world and lore more.
Absolutely support. Bridge that gap between throwing them into the void and accessing the world and lore more.
oie.Pgg1_l68r_QDSN.png oie_q8_X06_TYk_S4g3.png
I absolutely support this! It sounds like a wonderful idea!
I absolutely support this! It sounds like a wonderful idea!
tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
Yes.

although I'm just a bit iffy with the flight only stuff (items and the like)
Yes.

although I'm just a bit iffy with the flight only stuff (items and the like)
globules.png
Support~ I love the idea of being able to see all of the dragons I've exalted in one place! Plus them getting assigned different jobs sounds so cool :0 its like only a little detail but still.
Support~ I love the idea of being able to see all of the dragons I've exalted in one place! Plus them getting assigned different jobs sounds so cool :0 its like only a little detail but still.
I will always support this, so it's getting a yes from me!
I will always support this, so it's getting a yes from me!
Still supporting, two years strong.
Still supporting, two years strong.
2q035vp.jpg
Full Support.
Full Support.
MRMeAKr.png
1 2 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 126 127