Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | We are Connected- OOC thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Aaron Winslow
Human
Archaeologist

Aaron is very dedicated to his work and believes that researching history can lead to learning from past mistakes which were made in politics and could change the world. However, he has a strong interest in witchcraft and pondering over weather magic exists. In researching witchcraft he came across several lost books that contain spells for him to practice. Although he has not yet retrieved any of them he is close in his investigation to finding the first one. When he does find them he plans to teach himself spells.

Aaron always gets along with women well, since he was raised by his mother and late grandmother, however with no dad after he left, he is always awkward around men. He also hates conflict to an extent. He willl avoid entering conflict as long as it is him being attacked. However, if the fate of the world or a loved one (including friends) was on the line then he would willingly enter the conflict for their sake. He is generally a nice guy

Physical traits:
Brunette
slightly tanned skin
stubble
relatively tall
glasses
Dark jacket
white t shirt
Black trousers
Brown shoes
Aaron Winslow
Human
Archaeologist

Aaron is very dedicated to his work and believes that researching history can lead to learning from past mistakes which were made in politics and could change the world. However, he has a strong interest in witchcraft and pondering over weather magic exists. In researching witchcraft he came across several lost books that contain spells for him to practice. Although he has not yet retrieved any of them he is close in his investigation to finding the first one. When he does find them he plans to teach himself spells.

Aaron always gets along with women well, since he was raised by his mother and late grandmother, however with no dad after he left, he is always awkward around men. He also hates conflict to an extent. He willl avoid entering conflict as long as it is him being attacked. However, if the fate of the world or a loved one (including friends) was on the line then he would willingly enter the conflict for their sake. He is generally a nice guy

Physical traits:
Brunette
slightly tanned skin
stubble
relatively tall
glasses
Dark jacket
white t shirt
Black trousers
Brown shoes
Submitting my profile while I draw Kirius for @Mysterious32.

Name: Midaea Blanchett
Species: Mist Elf.

Personality: Quiet and refined of nature, Midaea sits mostly by herself. She is bitter towards the human race for her being bullied by them constantly all throughout her childhood years. She is a kindhearted girl when people get to know her properly, and she loves taking care of any friends she might have. Unfortunately, because she is cursed, people tend to stay away from her, as if it were some sort of horrid disease. She is quick witted, sharp, and is not afraid to give someone a piece of her mind if they get in her way. What she gains in smartness, she lacks in maturity. She is often the most childish out of her friend group.

History: Her parents saw she was cursed, and decided to leave her in the care of her grandmother, never to lay eyes on her again. Midaea doesn't let this get to her, as taught by her grandmother, whom everyone pretty much calls 'Granny'. Granny taught Midaea, despite the handicap of being cursed, to use magic. When she was younger, Midaea became friends with a young human boy, but he soon turned on her and bullied her mercilessly. She grew to hate humans over time, so much that she tried to use magic on him. When it worked, she was expelled, and Granny started to home-school her. Midaea, unbeknownst to her, accidentally set a section of her granny's house on fire when she was 16. Granny then learned she was a very dangerous exception to the rule of non-magic cursed ones, and decided the best way for Midaea to control her powers was to send her to Castein university. Midaea constantly complains about how her granny sent her away, for she hates Castein's tough curriculum.

Name(s): Rhodes & Stephan McLelland
Gender(s): Male
Species: Human

Personality:
Rhodes- Rhodes is a flirtatious boy toy fanatic who thinks everyone loves him. He is quick witted and boisterous, which make him quite the character. He is the heir to high up position in the under-realm, even if he is human, due to his lucrative talking skills and unnerving ability to lead. He is constantly burdened with responsibility, and feels the need to rebel against anything thrown at him, even school. Despite this, underneath his flirty, tough exterior, he is an insecure, caring boy, with a tendency to look after those less fortunate than him.

Stephan- Unlike his twin brother, Stephan is a quiet loner with nothing tying him to any higher position in demon society. He is a serious, mature guy who chooses to be mute, rather than speak his mind. When he does speak, it's as if his brain has no filter. He literally spills his thoughts everywhere. He may appear cute and cuddly, but he isn't at all empathetic and sympathetic as Rhodes is. He thinks people deserve what they get, be it good or bad. He is, however, kind to women, as he was taught by his mother to respect them.

History: both brothers were kept separate from each other up until the age of 5, as the brothers were raised differently, one by their mother, a demon lady by the name Alhalla, and their father, a human named Jereico. Rhodes was raised by his father, and taught to be an adept sword wielder, whereas his twin brother, Stephan was raised and taught by his mother to be a powerful book magician. When they were 5, they were reunited briefly to compare and compete with each other. Rhodes was chosen to be the true heir to the title of lord, and a jealous Stephan grew spiteful towards his brother. Rhodes came across a young elf girl when he was around that age, but due to peer pressure and a need to fit in, he began to bully her. It almost killed him to do it, and relied heavily on his brother to bring up his self esteem by fighting him. The brothers were forced into going to school when Rhodes graffitied the Grand Hall in the underworld.

Name: Martyr Di felice

Personality: Martyr is a confident, mature individual with bright prospects. She lives with her aunt on a farm, and helps her with the upkeep of the animals and such. Upon first glance, her dungarees and rolled up white shirt gives her the appearance of a tomboy, but due to her mother's occupation, she has a great love for girlish fashion, and has a wide collection of shoes and dresses. Her favourite is one she made herself, as it is both practical and fashionable; a pair of dueling dress pants, laced top and a skirt. She makes friends really easily, as people find it hard to hate her for more than a day.

History: When she was 10, Martyr's father joined the army to train and become a soldier. Around the same time, her mother's career as a fashion model took off, which meant that Martyr didn't get to spend too much time with her parents. Her mother would switch between shoots, her busy life leaving a month every season to come visit her young daughter. The couple decided to leave care of Martyr in the capable hands of Aunt Sue. Martyr, despite her love for fashion, decided to help Aunt Sue on her farm. In return, her aunt taught her to be a master at fencing. She went on to win 3 annual awards in a row for her talent, one when she was 12, 13 and 15. Her aunt asked the permission of her parents to send her to Castein university when she was 16, to further refine her skills.

Submitting my profile while I draw Kirius for @Mysterious32.

Name: Midaea Blanchett
Species: Mist Elf.

Personality: Quiet and refined of nature, Midaea sits mostly by herself. She is bitter towards the human race for her being bullied by them constantly all throughout her childhood years. She is a kindhearted girl when people get to know her properly, and she loves taking care of any friends she might have. Unfortunately, because she is cursed, people tend to stay away from her, as if it were some sort of horrid disease. She is quick witted, sharp, and is not afraid to give someone a piece of her mind if they get in her way. What she gains in smartness, she lacks in maturity. She is often the most childish out of her friend group.

History: Her parents saw she was cursed, and decided to leave her in the care of her grandmother, never to lay eyes on her again. Midaea doesn't let this get to her, as taught by her grandmother, whom everyone pretty much calls 'Granny'. Granny taught Midaea, despite the handicap of being cursed, to use magic. When she was younger, Midaea became friends with a young human boy, but he soon turned on her and bullied her mercilessly. She grew to hate humans over time, so much that she tried to use magic on him. When it worked, she was expelled, and Granny started to home-school her. Midaea, unbeknownst to her, accidentally set a section of her granny's house on fire when she was 16. Granny then learned she was a very dangerous exception to the rule of non-magic cursed ones, and decided the best way for Midaea to control her powers was to send her to Castein university. Midaea constantly complains about how her granny sent her away, for she hates Castein's tough curriculum.

Name(s): Rhodes & Stephan McLelland
Gender(s): Male

Personality:
Rhodes- Rhodes is a flirtatious boy toy fanatic who thinks everyone loves him. He is quick witted and boisterous, which make him quite the character. He is the heir to high up position in the under-realm, even if he is human, due to his lucrative talking skills and unnerving ability to lead. He is constantly burdened with responsibility, and feels the need to rebel against anything thrown at him, even school. Despite this, underneath his flirty, tough exterior, he is an insecure, caring boy, with a tendency to look after those less fortunate than him.

Stephan- Unlike his twin brother, Stephan is a quiet loner with nothing tying him to any higher position in demon society. He is a serious, mature guy who chooses to be mute, rather than speak his mind. When he does speak, it's as if his brain has no filter. He literally spills his thoughts everywhere. He may appear cute and cuddly, but he isn't at all empathetic and sympathetic as Rhodes is. He thinks people deserve what they get, be it good or bad. He is, however, kind to women, as he was taught by his mother to respect them.

History: both brothers were kept separate from each other up until the age of 5, as the brothers were raised differently, one by their mother, a demon lady by the name Alhalla, and their father, a human named Jereico. Rhodes was raised by his father, and taught to be an adept sword wielder, whereas his twin brother, Stephan was raised and taught by his mother to be a powerful book magician. When they were 5, they were reunited briefly to compare and compete with each other. Rhodes was chosen to be the true heir to the title of lord, and a jealous Stephan grew spiteful towards his brother. Rhodes came across a young elf girl when he was around that age, but due to peer pressure and a need to fit in, he began to bully her. It almost killed him to do it, and relied heavily on his brother to bring up his self esteem by fighting him. The brothers were forced into going to school when Rhodes graffitied the Grand Hall in the underworld.

Name: Martyr Di felice

Personality: Martyr is a confident, mature individual with bright prospects. She lives with her aunt on a farm, and helps her with the upkeep of the animals and such. Upon first glance, her dungarees and rolled up white shirt gives her the appearance of a tomboy, but due to her mother's occupation, she has a great love for girlish fashion, and has a wide collection of shoes and dresses. Her favourite is one she made herself, as it is both practical and fashionable; a pair of dueling dress pants, laced top and a skirt. She makes friends really easily, as people find it hard to hate her for more than a day.

History: When she was 10, Martyr's father joined the army to train and become a soldier. Around the same time, her mother's career as a fashion model took off, which meant that Martyr didn't get to spend too much time with her parents. Her mother would switch between shoots, her busy life leaving a month every season to come visit her young daughter. The couple decided to leave care of Martyr in the capable hands of Aunt Sue. Martyr, despite her love for fashion, decided to help Aunt Sue on her farm. In return, her aunt taught her to be a master at fencing. She went on to win 3 annual awards in a row for her talent, one when she was 12, 13 and 15. Her aunt asked the permission of her parents to send her to Castein university when she was 16, to further refine her skills.

forum_signature_by_diamondarkangel-d8kwjzd.png
@Mysterious32 I linearted + base coloured Kirius's talksprites. There's one extra than normal because I felt it was necessary. His sad face didn't feel... sad enough. (Also, omg. He reminds me of a cross between young Micheal Jackson and Zorro. *ovaries explode everywhere*) [img]http://orig13.deviantart.net/82d6/f/2015/177/4/8/kirius_talksprite_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkfo.png[/img] [img]http://orig06.deviantart.net/1733/f/2015/177/0/e/kirius_talksprite_2_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkhm.png[/img] [img]http://orig02.deviantart.net/7fe6/f/2015/177/1/c/kirius_talksprite_3_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkh9.png[/img] [img]http://orig05.deviantart.net/888d/f/2015/177/9/a/kirius_talksprite_4_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkgv.png[/img] [img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/add4/f/2015/177/6/5/kirius_talksprite_5_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkgn.png[/img] [img]http://orig12.deviantart.net/2ed6/f/2015/177/9/c/kirius_talksprite_6_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkgi.png[/img] [img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/7165/f/2015/177/7/a/kirius_talksprite_7_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkgb.png[/img] [img]http://orig05.deviantart.net/5aad/f/2015/177/b/9/kirius_talksprite_8_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkg5.png[/img] [img]http://orig09.deviantart.net/a8b5/f/2015/177/3/5/kirius_talksprite_9_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkfx.png[/img] Remember. If you don't like them, I can always redraw your sprites for you!! I decided it would be easier if I put in the base colours, so I'm not as swamped with colouring each individual sprite beautifully. I think that this time, Kirius's colours worked really well!! Onto drawing out Milo's sprites now, and Calliope's (even though hers will be the most difficult). I'm going to have a day completely dedicated to finishing these off; I really want to get this thing started before I bore you all to death XD @Nimphy @kamiden @dragonfly @StopTheBats @InvaderCristi @MelodiiaSonata @SpyroDragneel @LilShizzle @Silverdadragon
@Mysterious32 I linearted + base coloured Kirius's talksprites. There's one extra than normal because I felt it was necessary. His sad face didn't feel... sad enough. (Also, omg. He reminds me of a cross between young Micheal Jackson and Zorro. *ovaries explode everywhere*)
kirius_talksprite_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkfo.png kirius_talksprite_2_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkhm.png kirius_talksprite_3_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkh9.png kirius_talksprite_4_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkgv.png kirius_talksprite_5_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkgn.png kirius_talksprite_6_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkgi.png kirius_talksprite_7_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkgb.png kirius_talksprite_8_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkg5.png kirius_talksprite_9_by_diamondarkangel-d8yvkfx.png

Remember. If you don't like them, I can always redraw your sprites for you!! I decided it would be easier if I put in the base colours, so I'm not as swamped with colouring each individual sprite beautifully. I think that this time, Kirius's colours worked really well!!

Onto drawing out Milo's sprites now, and Calliope's (even though hers will be the most difficult). I'm going to have a day completely dedicated to finishing these off; I really want to get this thing started before I bore you all to death XD

@Nimphy
@kamiden
@dragonfly
@StopTheBats
@InvaderCristi
@MelodiiaSonata
@SpyroDragneel
@LilShizzle
@Silverdadragon

I can't get seem to draw anything resembling my character i wish to use in this
@AerisBlanchett
I can't get seem to draw anything resembling my character i wish to use in this
@AerisBlanchett
https://24.media.tumblr.com/4b25a6817f55e96a0f3b7b2a80104ddc/tumblr_n44y4ljVaJ1qiizr1o2_r2_400.gif
@AerisBlanchett

YES. JUST YES.
@AerisBlanchett

YES. JUST YES.
@Silverdadragon Ok :P Give me a character description of their physical features when submitting their profile. That's what I'm doing with those who are having trouble drawing theirs. I can come up with a basic sketch/ colourwheel and then post it here. Sound good?
@Silverdadragon Ok :P Give me a character description of their physical features when submitting their profile. That's what I'm doing with those who are having trouble drawing theirs. I can come up with a basic sketch/ colourwheel and then post it here. Sound good?
@AerisBlanchett Hey, would it be too much to ask for some-sort of checklist so that we know how far along we are until the rp starts? :>
@AerisBlanchett Hey, would it be too much to ask for some-sort of checklist so that we know how far along we are until the rp starts? :>
tumblr_md4lyzCNNj1qlajmo.gifwhole_dang_mystery_gang_by_rainslick-d85c9wp.gifbill__cipher__px___by_v_faby_v-d6cal7h.gif
Sure! Like what? :P got anything in mind? As in like... character profiles and things?
Sure! Like what? :P got anything in mind? As in like... character profiles and things?
@AerisBlanchett Character profiles/avatars, NPC avatars/backstories, and similar things. :P Essentially a little checklist for both yourself and us to know all that is left to do before the roleplay starts.
@AerisBlanchett Character profiles/avatars, NPC avatars/backstories, and similar things. :P Essentially a little checklist for both yourself and us to know all that is left to do before the roleplay starts.
tumblr_md4lyzCNNj1qlajmo.gifwhole_dang_mystery_gang_by_rainslick-d85c9wp.gifbill__cipher__px___by_v_faby_v-d6cal7h.gif
Massive Hiatus + Update!

Yes, we are still going ahead with this! Sorry to leave you guys for so long, but I've been doing work for school. It's really picking up now, so i'm going to have a little less time to work on this. It does not mean, however, that I'm cancelling the RP. I'll be working in what little free time I have to get all sprites done. I'll then be drawing myself the basic designs for the school areas, also.

In answer to InvaderCristi's question, here are the checklists:

For MEH:

*Draw Aaron Winslow concept art, then draw up sprites for @SpyroDragneel

*Colour Milo Bard sprites for @dragonfly

*Draw up Cix Cellious and colour. Same with Zero Zenar for @StopTheBats

*Draw and colour Calliope, again for @dragonfly (May do these at the same time as Milo's, but I'll be drawing these last, as she's quite difficult to draw.)

*Draw and colour Jan, Lakla and Tobira for @Nimphy

*Draw up Midaea, Steph + Rhodes, and Martyr, then colour them all.

If I get cracking, I'll be done in no time XD Plus, I'll post Natalie Ivy Ghana's talksprites with the rest. I'm posting them all now together now, so you won't have to look for them when they're done XD

@kamiden
@MelodiiaSonata
@LilShizzle
@Silverdadragon

Your checklist:

*If you have offered to draw your sprites, please do so. It'll remove some of the workload off of my shoulders here.

*For your character profiles, the basic layout should contain Name, Age, Gender, Species, Personality, and at least where they came from. You can invent some place where they came from, and I stressed at the beginning that I don't mind if you make them slightly OP, just not... HER-

Hello! My character's name is Mary Sue. She's an elf with wings that is super magical and da bes at flying. she has white, pink, purple and blue haikr and she's super kind and poplar and gorjuss, and also really shy. She is an emo cos her dad dies. she is da godess's daughter so she is da best of da bestest. She cannot die. She can also shoot laser beams from her eyes. She's 124 because she can live for a really long tim, but she has a weakness!! Fakesite!!1! She is unbeatable in battle, so good luck trying to beat ehr~!!

These types of bios make me cringe inwardly.

*For your characters, I don't mind if you invent new species. dragonfly did that really well, and I'm impressed :P Just make sure they somewhat fit in one of the three categories.

The most diverse will indeed be Hybrid, as it can generally cross breed ANYTHING that isn't the three properly existing factions like, human elves, or demon humans. If they're a shapeshifter of sorts, they're in the Hybrid category. Calliope? She has plant like features, so is therefore in the hybrid category~ :P

*ping me when you're done. I wanna see what you've created~ :D

Hope this covers most of it. If not, I'll do more :P

Aeris.
Massive Hiatus + Update!

Yes, we are still going ahead with this! Sorry to leave you guys for so long, but I've been doing work for school. It's really picking up now, so i'm going to have a little less time to work on this. It does not mean, however, that I'm cancelling the RP. I'll be working in what little free time I have to get all sprites done. I'll then be drawing myself the basic designs for the school areas, also.

In answer to InvaderCristi's question, here are the checklists:

For MEH:

*Draw Aaron Winslow concept art, then draw up sprites for @SpyroDragneel

*Colour Milo Bard sprites for @dragonfly

*Draw up Cix Cellious and colour. Same with Zero Zenar for @StopTheBats

*Draw and colour Calliope, again for @dragonfly (May do these at the same time as Milo's, but I'll be drawing these last, as she's quite difficult to draw.)

*Draw and colour Jan, Lakla and Tobira for @Nimphy

*Draw up Midaea, Steph + Rhodes, and Martyr, then colour them all.

If I get cracking, I'll be done in no time XD Plus, I'll post Natalie Ivy Ghana's talksprites with the rest. I'm posting them all now together now, so you won't have to look for them when they're done XD

@kamiden
@MelodiiaSonata
@LilShizzle
@Silverdadragon

Your checklist:

*If you have offered to draw your sprites, please do so. It'll remove some of the workload off of my shoulders here.

*For your character profiles, the basic layout should contain Name, Age, Gender, Species, Personality, and at least where they came from. You can invent some place where they came from, and I stressed at the beginning that I don't mind if you make them slightly OP, just not... HER-

Hello! My character's name is Mary Sue. She's an elf with wings that is super magical and da bes at flying. she has white, pink, purple and blue haikr and she's super kind and poplar and gorjuss, and also really shy. She is an emo cos her dad dies. she is da godess's daughter so she is da best of da bestest. She cannot die. She can also shoot laser beams from her eyes. She's 124 because she can live for a really long tim, but she has a weakness!! Fakesite!!1! She is unbeatable in battle, so good luck trying to beat ehr~!!

These types of bios make me cringe inwardly.

*For your characters, I don't mind if you invent new species. dragonfly did that really well, and I'm impressed :P Just make sure they somewhat fit in one of the three categories.

The most diverse will indeed be Hybrid, as it can generally cross breed ANYTHING that isn't the three properly existing factions like, human elves, or demon humans. If they're a shapeshifter of sorts, they're in the Hybrid category. Calliope? She has plant like features, so is therefore in the hybrid category~ :P

*ping me when you're done. I wanna see what you've created~ :D

Hope this covers most of it. If not, I'll do more :P

Aeris.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10