Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | We are Connected- OOC thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][img]http://orig02.deviantart.net/9d87/f/2015/163/9/e/untitled_drawing_by_diamondarkangel-d8x0fdd.png[/img][/center] -------------------------------------- Hello! Welcome to the We are Connected OOC Thread! Here, I'll allow you to submit your character profiles and ideas for sections of the roleplay that you'd like to add or whatever. It is also here for discussions among yourselves outside of the RP. [u][b]Rules[/b][/u] -[b]Do Not[/b] post character profiles to the official thread. [b]Post Here[/b] to create your characters, then I will add you to the official thread. Any profiles submitted to the official thread will be [b]Ignored[/b]. Also, any any artwork you may want to add to the RP can be added here too! -[b]Do Not[/b] verbally abuse anyone in this thread. I created this RP as a means of fun, so don't ruin it by being a jack-ass. No-one like jackasses. -Any literacy level is fine, just don't misspell things too often. We want to be able to read what you're writing. -You are allowed to create hometown names, and other cities and kingdoms if you wish, just try to avoid the cheesy. I don't like cheese. XD -You may create any character of any race you wish that is between the ages of 12 and 20. This gives a sort of age group for the school environment. -Content of a sexual nature is prohibited. I'm not a huge fan of smutty things, and there are kids on here, so please keep this roleplay as decent as possible, for the comfort of the FR community. [u][b]Remember:[/b][/u] If you don't want to draw your talk sprite, create your character, describe them as much as possible, then give me a reference to what they look like in a character creator program. I will draw them for you. I look forward to roleplaying with you all~! Aeris. ----------------------------- [u][b]The intro page:[/b] http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1466651/1[/u] I have a few example races to get started off with just in case you're struggling with coming up with one; As mentioned in the intro, there are Humans and Elves. Elves have 5 different races determined by which region they come from, each is adapted pretty much to their surrounding environment, but humans are whatever you decide to make them. The elven races consist of: -Mist Elves. These are traveler folk that tend to not stay in one place for too long. They stick together, and form close bonds from birth. They are distinguishable through their pale skin and blue/purple/green eyes. Their eyes can be any shade of these colours, but the colours are almost always cold. They are the least variant of all elf races. -Nocturne Elves. Also known as Dark elves, these are the regal classes of elven society. Nocturne elves come from an area known as the Nocturne Isles, and are distinguishable by their eyes, which are entirely consumed, even the whites, by any colour given to them by birth. The lighter the colour, the more regal they are in terms of blood. -Ferry Elves. These elves live in the marshes and swamp-like surroundings of the Sorrowforge bog. They are so elegant and learned in grace, that they have discovered a way of leaning on their ferries without tilting them, even if they all lean on one side. Ferry elves mainly have bright coloured eyes, and blonde hair. Like the Mist elves, they are pale skinned, due to the lack of sunlight seen from the bog. -Tree elves. Tree elves are generally quite primitive, and as their name suggests, they live in trees. Their faces are brightly decorated with symbols, which are painted on with clay. Tree elves are semi tanned, and mainly all have auburn hair, which the majority of their race keeps long. Their eye colour is as variant as humans, but some will be born with strange, white markings that symbolize the sun. These are regarded as chosen by the goddess and are worshiped. -Nomad elves. These elven species are specially adapted to warm temperatures, so they live in the desert to make the cold temperatures of the daytime in winter bearable. They are dark skinned, and have all natural human variants for eyes and hair, but they are much faster than human, as they have had a lot of practice avoiding sandstorms. The elves are the most specific in terms of culture and adaptation, but other races can live in pretty much any condition. There are also the [b]Hybrid[/b] species, which consist mainly of half animal creatures, and anything from mermaids to shapeshifters such as werewolves classify as these creatures. Anyone of this category is adept at communicating with animals. Vampires are thought to be bat hybrids, so they fall under this category as well. Finally, the demon category are as variant as humans, except they have a short fuse, and are exceptionally good with dark magic. However [b]ANY[/b] of the races born with completely white skin are known to be born without magic. There are rare exceptions, but those unfortunate are subjected to torment from their peers, as it is seen as a curse. Interracial relations ARE possible, and some children born from these are known to sport properties from both parents, but their children are either one race or the other.
untitled_drawing_by_diamondarkangel-d8x0fdd.png

Hello! Welcome to the We are Connected OOC Thread! Here, I'll allow you to submit your character profiles and ideas for sections of the roleplay that you'd like to add or whatever. It is also here for discussions among yourselves outside of the RP.

Rules

-Do Not post character profiles to the official thread. Post Here to create your characters, then I will add you to the official thread. Any profiles submitted to the official thread will be Ignored. Also, any any artwork you may want to add to the RP can be added here too!

-Do Not verbally abuse anyone in this thread. I created this RP as a means of fun, so don't ruin it by being a jack-***. No-one like jackasses.

-Any literacy level is fine, just don't misspell things too often. We want to be able to read what you're writing.

-You are allowed to create hometown names, and other cities and kingdoms if you wish, just try to avoid the cheesy. I don't like cheese. XD

-You may create any character of any race you wish that is between the ages of 12 and 20. This gives a sort of age group for the school environment.

-Content of a sexual nature is prohibited. I'm not a huge fan of smutty things, and there are kids on here, so please keep this roleplay as decent as possible, for the comfort of the FR community.

Remember:
If you don't want to draw your talk sprite, create your character, describe them as much as possible, then give me a reference to what they look like in a character creator program. I will draw them for you.

I look forward to roleplaying with you all~!

Aeris.

The intro page: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1466651/1

I have a few example races to get started off with just in case you're struggling with coming up with one;

As mentioned in the intro, there are Humans and Elves. Elves have 5 different races determined by which region they come from, each is adapted pretty much to their surrounding environment, but humans are whatever you decide to make them. The elven races consist of:

-Mist Elves. These are traveler folk that tend to not stay in one place for too long. They stick together, and form close bonds from birth. They are distinguishable through their pale skin and blue/purple/green eyes. Their eyes can be any shade of these colours, but the colours are almost always cold. They are the least variant of all elf races.

-Nocturne Elves. Also known as Dark elves, these are the regal classes of elven society. Nocturne elves come from an area known as the Nocturne Isles, and are distinguishable by their eyes, which are entirely consumed, even the whites, by any colour given to them by birth. The lighter the colour, the more regal they are in terms of blood.

-Ferry Elves. These elves live in the marshes and swamp-like surroundings of the Sorrowforge bog. They are so elegant and learned in grace, that they have discovered a way of leaning on their ferries without tilting them, even if they all lean on one side. Ferry elves mainly have bright coloured eyes, and blonde hair. Like the Mist elves, they are pale skinned, due to the lack of sunlight seen from the bog.

-Tree elves. Tree elves are generally quite primitive, and as their name suggests, they live in trees. Their faces are brightly decorated with symbols, which are painted on with clay. Tree elves are semi tanned, and mainly all have auburn hair, which the majority of their race keeps long. Their eye colour is as variant as humans, but some will be born with strange, white markings that symbolize the sun. These are regarded as chosen by the goddess and are worshiped.

-Nomad elves. These elven species are specially adapted to warm temperatures, so they live in the desert to make the cold temperatures of the daytime in winter bearable. They are dark skinned, and have all natural human variants for eyes and hair, but they are much faster than human, as they have had a lot of practice avoiding sandstorms.

The elves are the most specific in terms of culture and adaptation, but other races can live in pretty much any condition.

There are also the Hybrid species, which consist mainly of half animal creatures, and anything from mermaids to shapeshifters such as werewolves classify as these creatures. Anyone of this category is adept at communicating with animals. Vampires are thought to be bat hybrids, so they fall under this category as well.

Finally, the demon category are as variant as humans, except they have a short fuse, and are exceptionally good with dark magic. However ANY of the races born with completely white skin are known to be born without magic. There are rare exceptions, but those unfortunate are subjected to torment from their peers, as it is seen as a curse.

Interracial relations ARE possible, and some children born from these are known to sport properties from both parents, but their children are either one race or the other.

forum_signature_by_diamondarkangel-d8kwjzd.png
@AerisBlanchett, might I suggest just a thing? That "sexual content kept to a minimum" should be changed to "no sexual content" - not only because some (like me) are extremely uncomfortable, but because the ToS explicitly says (and admins also reminded us with stickied posts) that no sexual content is allowed (unless it's fade to black).

ALSO, could you expand a bit on things like available races, general geography, interracial relations, etc.? Please? ^^" (soorrry, it's just that I'd hate getting stuff wrong)
@AerisBlanchett, might I suggest just a thing? That "sexual content kept to a minimum" should be changed to "no sexual content" - not only because some (like me) are extremely uncomfortable, but because the ToS explicitly says (and admins also reminded us with stickied posts) that no sexual content is allowed (unless it's fade to black).

ALSO, could you expand a bit on things like available races, general geography, interracial relations, etc.? Please? ^^" (soorrry, it's just that I'd hate getting stuff wrong)
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
@AerisBlanchett i second nimphy, some more solid guidelines would be really helpful! like, example races we could pick and what to avoid and stuff :)
@AerisBlanchett i second nimphy, some more solid guidelines would be really helpful! like, example races we could pick and what to avoid and stuff :)
That is generally what I meant XD I'll change it to that though, so people don't get confused.
@Nimphy

Ok! :D If you're struggling to pick, I could give a few examples for you! Again, I apologize if what I put up there made you a bit iffy. I did put a sort of off putting message about kids reading it. People usually don't write stuff like that if kids go on here.

@Kamiden
That is generally what I meant XD I'll change it to that though, so people don't get confused.
@Nimphy

Ok! :D If you're struggling to pick, I could give a few examples for you! Again, I apologize if what I put up there made you a bit iffy. I did put a sort of off putting message about kids reading it. People usually don't write stuff like that if kids go on here.

@Kamiden
Bump.
Bump.
@AerisBlanchett, thanks for the explanation (however I am confused... "Content of a sexual nature is not prohibited?" Eeh...)! Just a question, how many characters max per person?
@AerisBlanchett, thanks for the explanation (however I am confused... "Content of a sexual nature is not prohibited?" Eeh...)! Just a question, how many characters max per person?
Oh hell! I didn't realise! Well spotted XD And it is as many as you can manage!

@Nimphy
Oh hell! I didn't realise! Well spotted XD And it is as many as you can manage!

@Nimphy
@AerisBlanchett oh gosh. I've had some... Experiences with as many as you can manage. You know when everyone suddenly signs up seventeen characters at once? xD (And of course the roleplay never goes forward)

Hmm, I think I'll be back with three of them, maybe two. But definitely not more than three. I'm posting the general info first, give me a little time and I'll do the drawings. Still, would you mind doing the sprites for me since I am not so good at expressions and drawing in general?
@AerisBlanchett oh gosh. I've had some... Experiences with as many as you can manage. You know when everyone suddenly signs up seventeen characters at once? xD (And of course the roleplay never goes forward)

Hmm, I think I'll be back with three of them, maybe two. But definitely not more than three. I'm posting the general info first, give me a little time and I'll do the drawings. Still, would you mind doing the sprites for me since I am not so good at expressions and drawing in general?
Sure! And don't say that about your art D: ! If you say it's bad, you're hindering your confidence! And hey. mines's not too great either. My drawing of my character Midaea in the original post was sort of bug eyed.

@Nimphy
Sure! And don't say that about your art D: ! If you say it's bad, you're hindering your confidence! And hey. mines's not too great either. My drawing of my character Midaea in the original post was sort of bug eyed.

@Nimphy
bump~
bump~
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10