Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Brightshine Jubilee] Main Hub
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 54 55
1 Ticket
I highly recommend reading Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. I plan on reading the two sequels sometime this summer!

2 Tickets
“But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness, I want sin."
From Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
1 Ticket
I highly recommend reading Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. I plan on reading the two sequels sometime this summer!

2 Tickets
“But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness, I want sin."
From Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Here are some quote-a-ma-things!

“You...are...a...fridge...with wings,' Fang ground out, punching an Eraser hard with every word. 'We're...freaking...ballet...dancers.” ? James Patterson, School's Out—Forever

“There's a tree," Starflight said, jumping to his feet. "In the forest."
"No way," Glory said. "A tree in the forest?” ? Tui T. Sutherland, The Lost Heir

"General, can I take a nap? General, I need a papaya! General, my claws are tired! General, look, a butterfly! SOMEONE IS GETTING STABBED IN THE FACE IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP."- Tui t. Sutherland, About the RainWings in training in The Dark Secret.
Here are some quote-a-ma-things!

“You...are...a...fridge...with wings,' Fang ground out, punching an Eraser hard with every word. 'We're...freaking...ballet...dancers.” ? James Patterson, School's Out—Forever

“There's a tree," Starflight said, jumping to his feet. "In the forest."
"No way," Glory said. "A tree in the forest?” ? Tui T. Sutherland, The Lost Heir

"General, can I take a nap? General, I need a papaya! General, my claws are tired! General, look, a butterfly! SOMEONE IS GETTING STABBED IN THE FACE IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP."- Tui t. Sutherland, About the RainWings in training in The Dark Secret.
VOTjwpe.pngxJN67Zo.png Peril-Skywing-Bounce.gif
@dragonwriter315 Daily activities time!

1 Ticket:
One of my favorite books of all time is "Watership Down", by Richard Adams.

2 Tickets:
A quote from "Watership Down":
“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”
@dragonwriter315 Daily activities time!

1 Ticket:
One of my favorite books of all time is "Watership Down", by Richard Adams.

2 Tickets:
A quote from "Watership Down":
“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”
1 ticket
Right now I'm reading a fascinating nonfiction book called Language Myths, Mysteries and Magic by Karen Stollznow. It's all about language as it relates to various types of supposed paranormal activity, from backmasking in music to speaking in tongues to people who have brain issues that make them start talking in strange accents. There's a lot to the book and I'm really enjoying it. I do plan to reread my very favorite book this summer, Watership Down by Richard Adams. It's been too long since I read it.

2 tickets
The only book I have in front of me right now is the language book I mentioned above, so here's a quote from it. "Cayce also claimed to read past lives and predict the future. When his predictions weren't vague, they were wrong. He said that Armageddon would happen in 1999, that the lost city of Atlantis would be found, and that 1933 would be 'a good year'--that infamous time when Adolf Hitler was appointed German chancellor, and the global economy hit rock bottom during the Great Depression." From p. 103. It gives a good idea of how the book reads. :)
1 ticket
Right now I'm reading a fascinating nonfiction book called Language Myths, Mysteries and Magic by Karen Stollznow. It's all about language as it relates to various types of supposed paranormal activity, from backmasking in music to speaking in tongues to people who have brain issues that make them start talking in strange accents. There's a lot to the book and I'm really enjoying it. I do plan to reread my very favorite book this summer, Watership Down by Richard Adams. It's been too long since I read it.

2 tickets
The only book I have in front of me right now is the language book I mentioned above, so here's a quote from it. "Cayce also claimed to read past lives and predict the future. When his predictions weren't vague, they were wrong. He said that Armageddon would happen in 1999, that the lost city of Atlantis would be found, and that 1933 would be 'a good year'--that infamous time when Adolf Hitler was appointed German chancellor, and the global economy hit rock bottom during the Great Depression." From p. 103. It gives a good idea of how the book reads. :)
XW2PxEW.png
1 Ticket:
I'm actually just now trying to get started on the Harry Potter series! I've seen all the movies and have heard good things about the books, so.. figured I'd try it out!
As for recommending books, I recommend the Fallen series and the Graceling series.

2 Tickets:
Not sure if it's my favorite quote of all, but I really do like this quote from Divergent by Veronica Roth - "Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”
I just.. really like that xD
1 Ticket:
I'm actually just now trying to get started on the Harry Potter series! I've seen all the movies and have heard good things about the books, so.. figured I'd try it out!
As for recommending books, I recommend the Fallen series and the Graceling series.

2 Tickets:
Not sure if it's my favorite quote of all, but I really do like this quote from Divergent by Veronica Roth - "Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”
I just.. really like that xD
910f32999520cf38b3d9effb0ceeac8bf86b904c.png92bcc735fbf7097d91acffdaa2ef770b4d770a3b.png84c5b105ad4577b29167af9740a1518e8abcd650.png
1 ticket
A Dance with Dragons is on my summer reading list and hopefully I can finish it before the new season comes out... or the new book haha

2 tickets
"Tampon commercial, detergent commercial, maxi pad commercial, windex commercial- you'd think all women do is clean and bleed" Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl
1 ticket
A Dance with Dragons is on my summer reading list and hopefully I can finish it before the new season comes out... or the new book haha

2 tickets
"Tampon commercial, detergent commercial, maxi pad commercial, windex commercial- you'd think all women do is clean and bleed" Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl
3 hours ahead of FR time
tumblr_nrv1p6XXqj1unhfhho3_r1_100.png
[b]1 Ticket....[/b] On my Summer reading list... the whole bookstore j/k. Might reread The Belgariad series, by David Gemmell. I have too many favourite books to list though :c [b]2 Tickets....[/b] Ughhh... i have a penchant for using quotes from books, or quotes in general. But one of my all time favourites is, and will still be... "There is an ecstasy that marks the summit of life, and beyond which life cannot rise. And such is the paradox of living, this ecstasy comes when one is most alive, and it comes as a complete forgetfulness that one is alive.”. As quoted from Call of The Wild, by Jack London. [b]3 Tickets...[/b] I just made a quick design... actually had fun with this though! [img]http://i.imgur.com/ZKcAZyZ.png[/img]
1 Ticket....
On my Summer reading list... the whole bookstore j/k. Might reread The Belgariad series, by David Gemmell. I have too many favourite books to list though :c

2 Tickets....
Ughhh... i have a penchant for using quotes from books, or quotes in general. But one of my all time favourites is, and will still be...

"There is an ecstasy that marks the summit of life, and beyond which life cannot rise. And such is the paradox of living, this ecstasy comes when one is most alive, and it comes as a complete forgetfulness that one is alive.”.

As quoted from Call of The Wild, by Jack London.

3 Tickets...
I just made a quick design... actually had fun with this though!

ZKcAZyZ.png
-insert cute signature here-

tDeKDnH.png
[b]Ticket 1[/b] I'll be reading the Song of Fire and Ice books… again. v.v since My life ended with the last episode and the sh*tstorm of cliffhangers. [b]Ticket 2[/b] “And if wishes were horses, I’d have been run over in childhood.” [i]Acheron[/i] - Sherrilyn Kenyon, <.< *humm may re-read all those again* [b]Ticket 3[/b] Bookmark! [img]http://orig08.deviantart.net/9474/f/2015/174/3/4/bookmark_by_leikatay-d8yi4oz.jpg[/img]
Ticket 1
I'll be reading the Song of Fire and Ice books… again. v.v since My life ended with the last episode and the sh*tstorm of cliffhangers.

Ticket 2
“And if wishes were horses, I’d have been run over in childhood.”

Acheron
- Sherrilyn Kenyon, <.< *humm may re-read all those again*

Ticket 3
Bookmark!

bookmark_by_leikatay-d8yi4oz.jpg

mommabanner_by_leikatay-d8r9d9h.gif
Name one book on your summer reading list or recommend one of your favorite books: A Wrinkle in Time

Post your favorite book quote. Remember to state the title and author of the book the quote is taken from:

"Until then I am a red balloon, a balloon tied to an anchor." - Sandra Cisneros, The House on Mango Street
Name one book on your summer reading list or recommend one of your favorite books: A Wrinkle in Time

Post your favorite book quote. Remember to state the title and author of the book the quote is taken from:

"Until then I am a red balloon, a balloon tied to an anchor." - Sandra Cisneros, The House on Mango Street
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
art by Kengee
@phoenix107 - Oh! I really like the Wings of Fire series too! It's really hard to find books told solely from a dragon's perspective.

Ticket totals updated to here.
@phoenix107 - Oh! I really like the Wings of Fire series too! It's really hard to find books told solely from a dragon's perspective.

Ticket totals updated to here.
35904369725_978ccc03a4_o.gifkleur_100_by_dragonnmr-d9d1d8c.gif35863551716_80b47e2499_o.png1ezfoMg.png
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 54 55