Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Non-Water Dragons In Water Domain?
1 2 3 4 5
Why you gotta ask for details? Nothing good ever came of details, nosir. That's the stuff that gets people hurt!

Mostly I was thinking "storyteller fiat" but if the admins might eventually explain it for us, all the better.

Me, I'm going with my eventual Ridgebacks being weird genetic subtypes that like water. Some kinds of cats like water even if the rest don't, right?
Why you gotta ask for details? Nothing good ever came of details, nosir. That's the stuff that gets people hurt!

Mostly I was thinking "storyteller fiat" but if the admins might eventually explain it for us, all the better.

Me, I'm going with my eventual Ridgebacks being weird genetic subtypes that like water. Some kinds of cats like water even if the rest don't, right?
w3FkmQd.pngnYfqvkJ.pngkX1MmEz.pngE9LEaQN.pngAy0lrzd.png
Scuba gear.

Nah, I just assume some sort of terrifying magic.
They seem very magic-oriented really, not in a studious way like arcane but a mysterious, cultural way. Rather than study or worry about how, they just have it, a tool and is part of their every day existence.
Scuba gear.

They seem very magic-oriented really, not in a studious way like arcane but a mysterious, cultural way. Rather than study or worry about how, they just have it, a tool and is part of their every day existence.
This is true. Curiosity killed the cat. But it hasn't killed me yet, so it's all good. (My curiosity is what led me to seriously contemplate going with Arcane haha.) But I was agreeing with you! Yeah, it probably has to do with some sort of magic. I just tend to dig deeper into things. Admins I am so sorry.
This is true. Curiosity killed the cat. But it hasn't killed me yet, so it's all good. (My curiosity is what led me to seriously contemplate going with Arcane haha.) But I was agreeing with you! Yeah, it probably has to do with some sort of magic. I just tend to dig deeper into things. Admins I am so sorry.
UjJgCyZ.png
[quote name="Ankokou" date="2013-06-16 23:21:36" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=93602#93898"]Scuba gear. Nah, I just assume some sort of terrifying magic. They seem very magic-oriented really, not in a studious way like arcane but a mysterious, cultural way. Rather than study or worry about how, they just have it, a tool and is part of their every day existence. [/quote] Scuba gear [s]stolen[/s] borrowed from the neighboring Lightning flight. I actually really like your ideas on their view of magic. I totally agree. Some flights use it to create things (Lightning, Fire, maybe Earth cuz of their monument-builder/architect theme), others study it (Arcane), and some respect it and value it as a part of their culture (Water). I'm digging this. Yeah.
Scuba gear.

Scuba gear stolen borrowed from the neighboring Lightning flight. I actually really like your ideas on their view of magic. I totally agree. Some flights use it to create things (Lightning, Fire, maybe Earth cuz of their monument-builder/architect theme), others study it (Arcane), and some respect it and value it as a part of their culture (Water). I'm digging this. Yeah.
UjJgCyZ.png
[quote name="Mordu" date="2013-06-16 22:43:35" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=93602#93655"]Magic. [/quote] I think Xhaztol applied this response to this question at some point. [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-01-28 21:09:07" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=7242#7246"][img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9spafxxQ31qzl3x8.gif[/img] "....Magic~"[/quote] Otherwise, I'd guess we have to wait for next year's (April) Wavecrest Saturnalia to find out lore on the Water Flight.

I think Xhaztol applied this response to this question at some point.
Otherwise, I'd guess we have to wait for next year's (April) Wavecrest Saturnalia to find out lore on the Water Flight.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
[quote name="Stanzascale" date="2013-06-17 00:38:02" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=93602#94232"][quote name="Mordu" date="2013-06-16 22:43:35" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=93602#93655"]Magic. [/quote] I think Xhaztol applied this response to this question at some point. [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-01-28 21:09:07" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=7242#7246"][img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9spafxxQ31qzl3x8.gif[/img] "....Magic~"[/quote] Otherwise, I'd guess we have to wait for next year's (April) Wavecrest Saturnalia to find out lore on the Water Flight.[/quote] Hahaha I remember that from stalking... I mean looking around the forums during beta! Oooh I can't wait for the holidays!!

I think Xhaztol applied this response to this question at some point.
Otherwise, I'd guess we have to wait for next year's (April) Wavecrest Saturnalia to find out lore on the Water Flight.

Hahaha I remember that from stalking... I mean looking around the forums during beta! Oooh I can't wait for the holidays!!
UjJgCyZ.png
Direct quote
Quote:
Tsunami Flats
A becalmed coastal stretch of shoals and giant tidal pools. Dragons occupy the pools, burrowing into the loamy sand and shaping half-submerged underwater caves with their small, but growing magics. Sustenance, in the form of amphibious reptiles and fish, is abundant. Although seemingly a frontier, it is at these shores that the Water God is most able to protect his charges, employing tidal wave defenses to menace away aggressors.
Half submerged. And the tsunami flats is where the dragons are.
Direct quote
Quote:
Tsunami Flats
A becalmed coastal stretch of shoals and giant tidal pools. Dragons occupy the pools, burrowing into the loamy sand and shaping half-submerged underwater caves with their small, but growing magics. Sustenance, in the form of amphibious reptiles and fish, is abundant. Although seemingly a frontier, it is at these shores that the Water God is most able to protect his charges, employing tidal wave defenses to menace away aggressors.
Half submerged. And the tsunami flats is where the dragons are.
33955360_ee9nt9Y6Z9u7RpD.gif
We'll be visiting this when we begin adding flight pages to the encyclopedia.

The short answer is that wind dragons can come and go as they please, as can water dragons. Any other flight is either the guest or the prisoner of the water dragons while in their domain.

More the latter than the former. The water flight has some dark tendencies (though most clans are perfectly pleasant to their "guests")

Water doesn't get many voluntary visitors. =X
We'll be visiting this when we begin adding flight pages to the encyclopedia.

The short answer is that wind dragons can come and go as they please, as can water dragons. Any other flight is either the guest or the prisoner of the water dragons while in their domain.

More the latter than the former. The water flight has some dark tendencies (though most clans are perfectly pleasant to their "guests")

Water doesn't get many voluntary visitors. =X
Algae stuffed up the nose or chomped on that acts like an air bubbled.
Algae stuffed up the nose or chomped on that acts like an air bubbled.
May the odds be ever in your favor.a6lAMEf.pngLost Marbles Rookery - OPEN
Scuba diving suits!
Scuba diving suits!
teabanner_zpsef987d5d.png
1 2 3 4 5