Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Non-Water Dragons In Water Domain?
1 2 3 4 5
So I don't know if this has been discussed before, but how do you guys think non-Water dragons survive in the Sea of a Thousand Currents? I heard that it's official that Water dragons do have gills (admins can correct me if I'm wrong: I just heard rumors), but what about the immigrant dragons that moved to the Tidelord's domain to live in a Water clan?
So I don't know if this has been discussed before, but how do you guys think non-Water dragons survive in the Sea of a Thousand Currents? I heard that it's official that Water dragons do have gills (admins can correct me if I'm wrong: I just heard rumors), but what about the immigrant dragons that moved to the Tidelord's domain to live in a Water clan?
UjJgCyZ.png
I've been curious about this, too...
I've been curious about this, too...
Support instant breeding refresh items!!

forgive me if I make any typos or am a bit slow, English is not my first language.
They're really good at holding their breath
They're really good at holding their breath
plaguebringer_banner_by_eyenoom-d6kkk4e.png
I feel sorry for the Ridgebacks especially.
I feel sorry for the Ridgebacks especially.
Hmm....perhaps they've found underwater caverns, with air pockets, big enough to comfortably live in. I imagine that they would also become very adept at swimming and holding their breath.
Hmm....perhaps they've found underwater caverns, with air pockets, big enough to comfortably live in. I imagine that they would also become very adept at swimming and holding their breath.
iRBfeaGzIEVl0.png
Magic.
Magic.
maybe they live on islands above the water.
maybe they live on islands above the water.
I've thought about underwater caves and haha holding their breath. But what if they live like in the Leviathan Trench (I think they said the deeper part of the FR world) and they went out fishing or hunting or whatever and they couldn't make it back to their lair or to the surface in time... There'd be a lot of dragons floating on the top of the lake. This could be problematic. I've thought of them using magic to create like weird air-pocket-bubble-things and wearing them around their heads but then I imagine them looking like underwater astronaut dragons and... Yeah.

EDIT: Also the island idea is interesting but based on the map it looks like the only "island" in the Water region are island-like spots of land on the border of Shadow and Water land.
I've thought about underwater caves and haha holding their breath. But what if they live like in the Leviathan Trench (I think they said the deeper part of the FR world) and they went out fishing or hunting or whatever and they couldn't make it back to their lair or to the surface in time... There'd be a lot of dragons floating on the top of the lake. This could be problematic. I've thought of them using magic to create like weird air-pocket-bubble-things and wearing them around their heads but then I imagine them looking like underwater astronaut dragons and... Yeah.

EDIT: Also the island idea is interesting but based on the map it looks like the only "island" in the Water region are island-like spots of land on the border of Shadow and Water land.
UjJgCyZ.png
The clan natives cast the appropriate spells to keep their visitors/immigrants from complaining and drowning on them.
The clan natives cast the appropriate spells to keep their visitors/immigrants from complaining and drowning on them.
w3FkmQd.pngnYfqvkJ.pngkX1MmEz.pngE9LEaQN.pngAy0lrzd.png
But what would these spells be? Like "hey you must go through the initiation process" and the non-native's skin starts to tear and gills form? That would be uh an interesting sight. However, I do think you're right: I remember someone asking the admins the same question somewhere and they said something like "ah yes we're working on that bit of lore right now! Turns out the oracles of the Water region are very disturbing..."
But what would these spells be? Like "hey you must go through the initiation process" and the non-native's skin starts to tear and gills form? That would be uh an interesting sight. However, I do think you're right: I remember someone asking the admins the same question somewhere and they said something like "ah yes we're working on that bit of lore right now! Turns out the oracles of the Water region are very disturbing..."
UjJgCyZ.png
1 2 3 4 5